We are proud to announce the release of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup 0.16: “The Great Annihilating Truth”! 0.16 features two new deities and many, many additions to and improvements on the game.
The release tournament begins today (13 March 2015), with all online 0.16 games counting towards your score. See the tournament website for more details, including how to set up or join a clan.
0.16′s highlights include:
- Spells: Five new spells have been added, including Singularity, a level 9 Translocations spell that sucks in and destroys enemies with an intense gravitational field.
- Monsters: A huge number of monsters have been reworked or added; in particular the Tomb of the Ancients now has a far more diverse population.
- Gods: Ru the Awakened offers strength through sacrifice; Gozag Ym Sagoz the Greedy provides power through wealth. Nemelex Xobeh’s decks have been reworked and strengthened considerably, and Elyvilon’s abilities have been completely reworked.
- Branches: The tides in Shoals now shift only between shallow water & land, preventing players from getting stranded; they also move much faster than before. Each ziggurat successfully ‘cleared’ (by exiting from the 27th floor) makes all subsequent ziggurats even harder.
- Items: Many new rare and valuable items are now available, including shadow & quicksilver dragon armour, potions of ambrosia (replacing potions of confusion), and the dual-linked artefact quickblades, “Gyre & Gimble”. All chunks of flesh of a given type now merge together into a single, meaty slurry, and rotting chunks are gone. Double and triple swords are back.