Hi crawlers! Here’s what I’m hoping will be the last major round of changes before 0.14 gets prepared for release:
- All panlords now see invisible.
- Player merfolk can now be mesmerised by mermaids and sirens.
- Plain formicids no longer generate as enemies.
- Formicid venom mages lose Stone Arrow and gain Localized Ignite Poison.
- Artificers and Wanderers do not start with knowledge of scrolls/potions they don’t actually possess.
- Chaos champions lose Rearrange the Pieces and gain Random Bolt (per the rod of destruction).
- Spriggan enemies in general now merely have fast movement speed instead of fast speed in general, more damage and less EV.
- The movement behaviour of sirens has been adjusted to make them less likely to be completely out of reach of the player.
- Spriggan air mages have Haste (replacing Shock).
- Spriggan druids’ Druid’s Call now calls 2-3 creatures out of LOS nearby and does not invisibly might creatures; instead, nearby creatures are healed and frenzied on their death. Stone Arrow also replaces Sunray in their spell set.
- Shock serpents no longer have a lightning torrent attack.
- Boggarts are more durable.
- Rakshasas gain a monster spell “Phantom Mirror”, which summons a clone of a nearby allied monster with half the hit points with a 50% chance of swapping the clone for the original; this replaces their previous self-cloning abilities. Rakshasas can now also cast Iskenderun’s Mystic Blast and will summon two clones of themselves at 50% HP as a one-time effect.
- Giant orange brains now have Mass Confusion instead of Confuse.
- The main Dungeon is now 15 levels, and the Depths five; the entrance to Vaults is now on D:13-14.
- The duration of Sentinel’s Mark has been reduced by 25%.
- The Enchantress now appears as a normal unique in Depths.
Look forward to more news about the 0.14 release soon, and happy crawling!