Hi crawlers! With the end of the tournament, trunk development is gearing up again. Here are some of the changes that have already been made:
- A large number of enemy glyphs (for console players) have been changed; see Mantis #8242 for more details.
- Crypt has been reduced to three levels (was five); the entrance to Tomb is always on Crypt:3.
- Some areas of the Tomb layout can now vary.
- Formicids can no longer throw large rocks.
- Tengu gain their permanent flight ability at XL14 (was 15).
- Changes/improvements to forms: all non-undead forms can eat and drink normally; all forms can butcher; wisp form can read scrolls and cannot blink innately.
- Enemies are more intelligent about using some attack spells such as Symbol of Torment and Chain Lightning when the player is not in LOS.
- Manticores can now move as fast as the player.
- Komodo dragons bite harder but can no longer sicken the player.
- Deep dwarf death knights are now (human) death knights.
- Removed enemies: vapours, thorn lotuses, giant goldfish, silver stars.
- Dazzling Spray replaces Invisibility in the book of Maledictions (the Enchanter starting spellbook); Invisibility in turn replaces Apportation in the book of Burglary. (Note that each of these spells is still available in at least one other spellbook.)
- When the player casts Ozocubu’s Refrigeration, they are now prevented from using potions for several turns instead of having their potions destroyed.
- Damage from the electrocution brand has been reduced slightly.
- There are status lights for might, agility, and brilliance.
- Followers of good gods no longer get a chance to pacify holy enemies.
- The low-level weapon branding skills and the book of War Chants have been removed.
- Scrolls of brand weapon can no longer be used to affix brands, and do not trigger a distortion effect on rebranding a distortion weapon.
In addition, crawl.beRotato.org has some experimental branches available for testing: “ranged_combat”, containing a mostly-complete rewrite of the system of ranged combat (bows, crossbows, etc.), and “gods”, featuring two new deities – Gozag Ym Sagoz the Greedy and Qazlal Stormbringer. These branches should also be available on crawl.s-z.org shortly.