Hi crawlers! Sorry for the downtime earlier this week; the database died, and then the backup database died while attempting to restore the primary. Thankfully, our admin was able to recover almost everything. So here’s a fresh pile of changes, seized from the heart of a dying sun!
- Beogh gifting has been somewhat revised:
- Beogh will now improve allies’ equipment, enchanting them and improving their base type. (The latter would sometimes occur before, but very rarely.)
- And he’ll gift weapons, armour, shields, and ammo to orcs who lack them.
- And he’ll bless weapons and armour that the player has gifted.
- And he’ll give some extra ammo to any orc that the player chooses to gift a ranged weapon to.
- And orcs won’t drop their melee weapons when the player gives them a ranged weapon, or vice versa.
- The Trident of the Octopus King now gets an additional +1 for each Ring of the Octopus King its wielder wears, up to a maximum of +16. (But good luck getting that!)
- Godless hill orcs can now convert to Beogh with ‘p’ when orc priests are nearby, as an alternative to using the option from the abilities menu.
- The Deck of Wonders is back to giving mainly strategic effects (e.g. Helix, Mercenary, etc), rather than duplicating the Deck of Battle.
- New monster: torpor snails, found in Lair and Spider. Their enemies are slowed on sight, somewhat like ancient zymes.
- Weapons and armour which aren’t visibly enchanted no longer have enchantments higher than +0.
- The Staff of Air now activates its extra melee damage as often as other elemental staves.
- Brown oozes and pulsating lumps have oozed off to the great slime pit in the sky.
- The dragonslaying brand has been slain. (Except for Wyrmbane, of course.)
- Scrolls of Enchant Weapon are now rarer, and always succeed on use.
- Most randomly-placed teleport traps now disappear after one use.
- Lost souls now make enemies into ghosts instead of specters.
- Skullcrusher now gives +7 STR.
0.15 will be released in mid-August.