There’s a new bugfix release of the stable version of DCSS. Source packages and binaries for Windows and Linux are available now, and OS X binaries will be uploaded as soon as they’re available. We recommend all 0.17 users upgrade to this version. Here’s a list of changes from the changelog:
- Fix insect monsters never berserking. This bug prevented queen bees from berserking their hive bees and moths of wrath berserking insects in Spider.
- Prevent the Gell’s Gravitas spell from moving monsters into deep water or lava.
- Fix resting to stop properly when MP don’t regenerate.
- Properly warn when a beam might poison a monster while worshiping the Shining One.
- Put hunter’s swords in slot ‘a’ or ‘b’ at game start to allow easier switching between ranged and melee weapons.
- Put Earth Elementalists’ starting stones on the ‘b’ slot.
- Update the manual for 0.17.
- Many other bug fixes for game crashes, to vaults, and to in-game text.
Keep on squaring those circles!