There’s a new bugfix release of the stable version of DCSS. Source packages and binaries for Windows and Linux are available now, with OS X binaries coming soon. We recommend all 0.19 users upgrade to this version. There are four major bugfixes, along with 25 other bugfixes and cleanups:
- Fix a long-standing Tiles mouse lag bug. Now there is no lag when updating cursor information upon mouse movement to a new tile.
- Work around an AMD driver bug where the game crashes when loading 512×512 images.
- Demon tridents are two-handed for small races, as intended.
- Fix to allow helmets as armour acquirement gifts.
- Fix to prevent Infestation death scarabs becoming hostile when killing their host in an explosion.
Note that there was no 0.19.2 bugfix release. We tagged that release, but the AMD driver issue was reported and fixed shortly afterwards, so we made 0.19.3 to include that crash fix for the affected users.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget.
-Eagles, “Hotel California”. 1976.
Update: OS X zips for 0.19.3 are now on the download page.