Bug Using Distortion Weapon to Access Trove?

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 27th August 2013, 17:18

Bug Using Distortion Weapon to Access Trove?

In my current game, I encounted a trove looking for a +6, +6 demon blade. The only demon blade I'd found so far was distortion branded, but since the trove eats what it's provided, I figured that I'd be safe to equip it, enchant it, and then offer it to the trove. No such luck. I received the message "The portal accepts the item and buzzes to life!" immediately followed by a miscast effect that teleported me and confused me. When I stumbled my way back to the trove, the door was still locked, with no sign that I'd ever given it anything. I suppose it could be argued that this is working as intended, but it's certainly not how I thought it would work, and quite upsetting since that was the only demon blade I'd seen so far and I have no enchant weapon I scrolls remaining in my stash.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 27th August 2013, 17:22

Re: Bug Using Distortion Weapon to Access Trove?

This is a known issue. The good news is, when someone gets around to pushing those patches live, it shouldn't happen anymore.

Return to Technical Support