Demigod Ability Proposal

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 24th October 2013, 14:50

Demigod Ability Proposal

Altar Crush: 0% fail rate: Praying over an altar as a Demigod turns the altar to rubble and changes stats around(or gives an effect) depending on which God's altar was crushed; as if the Demigod is absorbing just a small bit of that God's power permanently. A screen similar to the 'would you like to join this religion?' pops up, but it shows what buffs/nerfs you get from crushing it, and lets you choose to do so or not.

Examples

Trog: +4 STR, -2 INT, -2 MP
Sif Muna: -5 HP, +5 MP
Xom: Random changes to HP/MP(-10 to +10; if it'd put you into negative MP, just goes to 0), STR/INT/DEX(-3 to +3)
Jivya: Gives you 1 random mutation
Cheibriados: Lowers your natural speed by 1, +10 HP, +10 MP, +5 STR, +5 INT, +5 DEX
Makhleb: Gain a natural +1, +1 slaying passively, summons a hostile lesser servant of Makhleb, or a greater servant if you are XL15+

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 24th October 2013, 17:07

Re: Demigod Ability Proposal

Klown wrote:Altar Crush: 0% fail rate: Praying over an altar as a Demigod turns the altar to rubble and changes stats around(or gives an effect) depending on which God's altar was crushed; as if the Demigod is absorbing just a small bit of that God's power permanently. A screen similar to the 'would you like to join this religion?' pops up, but it shows what buffs/nerfs you get from crushing it, and lets you choose to do so or not.

Examples

Trog: +4 STR, -2 INT, -2 MP
Sif Muna: -5 HP, +5 MP
Xom: Random changes to HP/MP(-10 to +10; if it'd put you into negative MP, just goes to 0), STR/INT/DEX(-3 to +3)
Jivya: Gives you 1 random mutation
Cheibriados: Lowers your natural speed by 1, +10 HP, +10 MP, +5 STR, +5 INT, +5 DEX
Makhleb: Gain a natural +1, +1 slaying passively, summons a hostile lesser servant of Makhleb, or a greater servant if you are XL15+

Why would demigods want to smash altars? They don't have any particular antipathy for the gods -- they're just too good to worship them.

Anyway, altar desecration is intended for Lugonu once god wrath gets sorted.

Sewers Scotsman

Post Thursday, 24th October 2013, 20:02

Isn't the premise of demigods that they are potentially related to the gods whose altars you propose they destroy?

Vestibule Violator

Post Thursday, 24th October 2013, 23:28

Confidence Interval wrote:Isn't the premise of demigods that they are potentially related to the gods whose altars you propose they destroy?

If this is the case, why dont demigods get innate slowness or befriend angels?
To all new players: Ignore all strategy guides posted on the wiki, ask questions in the Advice forum, players with lots of posts normally have the best advice.

crawl.akrasiac.org:8080 <- take this link to play online or spectate.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 25th October 2013, 02:37

Tiktacy wrote:
Confidence Interval wrote:Isn't the premise of demigods that they are potentially related to the gods whose altars you propose they destroy?

It skips a generation.

For this message the author nicolae has received thanks:
BlackSheep

Sewers Scotsman

Post Friday, 25th October 2013, 07:43

Tiktacy wrote:

If this is not the case why does it say so in the manual?

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 25th October 2013, 18:27

The manual description indicates that there only needs to be an angel on the family tree for a demigod to be born, and they can be made in other ways like magical experiments.

Anyway, making demigods more intresting is covered by this project, which I'm sure will be picked up again eventually.

Was this originally in GDD and moved to fast for me to notice? or was it posted here originally?
On IRC my nick is reaverb. I play online under the name reaver, though.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 25th October 2013, 21:47

Posted it here normally. ;)

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 05:15

nicolae wrote:Anyway, altar desecration is intended for Lugonu once god wrath gets sorted.

seriously? I'll say again, all the good ideas already been taken.
do you know where is the proposal? I did not find it.
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 07:45

reaver wrote:... this project...

That branch is so broken right now, it's not even funny.

HD 45 Ghoul with a longbow, HD 50 naga with holy breath ( and I was in lich form at the time), oh and a HD 45 vampire with shatter.89, 146 and 158 damage respectively, good times. Reaching XL27 by V:2 on a Dg(!). Crushing HD56 halfings like pancakes, and then going oh shit it's a HD32 minoutar.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 08:57

Hirsch I wrote:
nicolae wrote:Anyway, altar desecration is intended for Lugonu once god wrath gets sorted.

On the dev wiki. I came up with the original concept of Lugonu (not with all powers, though) and later on realised that theme and gameplay would benefit a lot from shifting piety gain around: less about killing, more about altar desecration. The only thing that's preventing us from actually doing this in the game are the harsh and uneven wrath effects. I really hope we can sort that out some time because who wouldn't love to desecrate altars?

For this message the author dpeg has received thanks:
Hirsch I

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 18:17

yeah, that would be awesome.
probably the best idea I saw recently, well done.
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 13th November 2013, 21:13

dpeg wrote:
Hirsch I wrote:

On the dev wiki. I came up with the original concept of Lugonu (not with all powers, though) and later on realised that theme and gameplay would benefit a lot from shifting piety gain around: less about killing, more about altar desecration. The only thing that's preventing us from actually doing this in the game are the harsh and uneven wrath effects. I really hope we can sort that out some time because who wouldn't love to desecrate altars?

Not that it particularly matters, but +100000 to this idea. Love it.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 14th November 2013, 01:29

dpeg wrote: I really hope we can sort that out some time because who wouldn't love to desecrate altars?

If nothing else, it would provide a good counter to all the food consumption.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner