Increase icon sizes on Android

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 24th September 2013, 11:10

Increase icon sizes on Android

I recently got this game on Android and it is really good. Any way I could make the icons bigger? I'm playing on a phone. Also, how does the keyboard work?

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 25th September 2013, 12:01

Re: Increase icon sizes on Android

Sorry, but the android version is not maintained right now. Frogbotherer, the author of the port is almost never around. I'm doing the compiling and releasing right now, but that's about all I can do.
What kind of phone do you have? What resolution does it have? Don't you have the big buttons on the right side of the screen?
You're asking about the virtual keyboard or do you have a physical one?
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 25th September 2013, 20:13

My phone is an Innos D9 from China. The resolution of the screen is 960x540. I meant the virtual keyboard. I actually figured out how to use it: open it up, type, hit enter, then touch the touchscreen. The game releases on Android right now is really awesome, I hope FrogBotherer returns, this game is truly one of the best I've played on Android :)

I am rooted, maybe he put in the icon sizes on a config file and I could change it?

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 25th September 2013, 20:42

He made a special layout with big icons for small screens. I've got it on my SG2 which has a slightly smaller screen than you (800x480).
The layout enables itself automatically when it detects a small screen, I'm not sure if there is a way to force it though.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 25th September 2013, 23:37

Found it! On the init file uncomment this line:
tile_use_small_layout = true

The only omission is the minimap, is it available on the buttons somewhere?

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 26th September 2013, 08:40

mentira wrote:Found it! On the init file uncomment this line:
tile_use_small_layout = true

The only omission is the minimap, is it available on the buttons somewhere?

No, it isn't. Indeed, it would be nice to be able to toggle it.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 26th September 2013, 08:49

I found that if I tweaked some of the settings for the tile graphics, I got a full tiles display matching the regular PC layout, including mini-map on my 800x480 Android phone (The only thing that went wrong at that point was the last "menu" icon was cut off, so that might not be workable after all...)

I'd list the settings I changed exactly, but I'm not near my phone right now, I know I explicitly set my phone's screen resolution and set tile_use_small_layout = false, and maybe uncommented the line for the tile size(?)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Return to Technical Support