Double ranged weapon effect?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 2nd March 2011, 19:28

Double ranged weapon effect?

If I have bow of flame, and fire poisoned arrows from it, will the poison effect still be in evidence? I don't have any ammo in my current game to test this out with.

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 2nd March 2011, 19:42

Re: Double ranged weapon effect?

Yes poison aswell as fire effect will aplly thats why Nessos (unique centaur) can be quite challenging as he is often generated with similar combination.
The flail fails to defends itself.
You open the flail like a pillowcase!!!

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 2nd March 2011, 19:45

OK- is the Wiki wrong? Doing a bit of trawling on it after posting the question I find:

"If a branded launcher is used with ammunition of a conflicting brand (say, flame vs. poison), only one of the brands will take effect."

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 2nd March 2011, 19:49

...though weapons text spoiler indicates that the only 'conflicting' brands are actually flame and frost... Should the sentence in the Wiki read:

"If a branded launcher is used with ammunition of a conflicting brand (flame vs. frost), only one of the brands will take effect."

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 2nd March 2011, 19:53

Don't believe the wiki! It's full of trash information. It hasn't ever been completely updated, most articles aren't based on facts, just speculation, and some of the information is just plain wrong. I doubt it's even worth trying to salvage. Just use the LearnDB. You can access it from the main crawl page.

So no. Nessos is a cheating bastard. You can't shoot flaming poisoned arrows.

EDIT: Don't double post, bro. Bad manners.

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 2nd March 2011, 20:01

Zchris13 wrote:Don't believe the wiki! It's full of trash information. It hasn't ever been completely updated, most articles aren't based on facts, just speculation, and some of the information is just plain wrong. I doubt it's even worth trying to salvage. Just use the LearnDB. You can access it from the main crawl page.

OK! I won't. Thanks for the tip/

Zchris13 wrote: So no. Nessos is a cheating bastard. You can't shoot flaming poisoned arrows.

Will the launcher brand always supersede the ammo brand in all cases then..?

Zchris13 wrote:EDIT: Don't double post, bro. Bad manners.

Sorry!

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 2nd March 2011, 20:36

The ammo brand always takes priority over the launcher brand.

Also double posting is probably fine since this forum doesn't let you edit your posts for long (or something, I don't know exactly how it's set up).

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice