YASD-DsFi

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 19th June 2012, 05:28

YASD-DsFi

I was a demonspawn fighter, and early on i got the regen mutation (from corpses). soon, it was rank 3 and i had been about 5* piety with okawaru. I forget which weapons and armor i had (Morgue file is on a different comp, will look it up later), i think it was probably some sort of axe and splint/plate mail, but i had gotten pretty far. I had cleared out the orcish mines and went into the Elven Halls. I was pretty far along the first floor, when i encountered a deep elf sorcerer who immediately banished me. It wasn't so bad being in the abyss, there were some demons I took out with ease. But then there was about 5 skeletal warriors, and i took them on and killed them with about 1/2 hp to spare. i found a potion on the ground, and out of curiosity i quaffed it. Wouldn't ya know it, it was a potion of strong poison, and stupid me, i didn't have any kind of healing/curing items/abilities. So i died, in the abyss, not to a Powerful inferno demon, or an army of the living dead, but a quaint potion on the ground that seemed to call out "drink me! drink me!". And what a sad end it was to a extremely good run.

For this message the author jewjitsu72 has received thanks:
pratamawirya

Pandemonium Purger

Post Wednesday, 20th June 2012, 00:48

Re: YASD-DsFi

Don't quaff potions - read identify on them. Strong poison and poison are only two reasons why - you also don't want to quaff mutation or cure mutation (as well as some other things like resistance, speed, curing and heal wounds).

For this message the author Patashu has received thanks:
jewjitsu72

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 20th June 2012, 17:34

Re: YASD-DsFi

I know. Why do you think it was a stupid death?

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too