Oh Crawl, really?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 2nd February 2011, 12:07

Oh Crawl, really?

So, what am I supposed to do in this situation?

Are you saying that The Royal Jelly decided to step in the unique teleportation trap tile in the map, and happily land inside one of the treasure vaults? And its the one with the rune?

What should I do now? Any advice? (I really don't want to convert to jiyva).

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 2nd February 2011, 12:24

Re: Oh Crawl, really?

Reskill to earth and learn Shatter! (LRD would work as well but is much less cool). Or cast Freezing Clouds through the walls maybe.

I guess it's a bug that no_rtele_into only applies to the player, and not monsters? Or maybe this is supposed to be possible and you just have to convert or scum up earth skill to break the walls.

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 2nd February 2011, 13:07

Woah, many thanks. Reskilled into earth magic a bit and killed the Royal jelly with LRD. Probably the cheapest way of killing His Majesty ever.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 2nd February 2011, 14:16

Love it. (I'm a big fan of LRD, especially when you've got fun walls like metal or green crystal to work with.)

Airstrike would be the other reasonably available solution, since it uses smite targeting.
You fall off the wall. You have a feeling of ineptitude.

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 2nd February 2011, 14:57

Uh, yeah, i didn't know it was possible to use smite targeting spells through scryed walls. Could have used this information in a lot of other places.

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 2nd February 2011, 15:09

Gabriellk wrote:Uh, yeah, i didn't know it was possible to use smite targeting spells through scryed walls. Could have used this information in a lot of other places.

You cannot.
Mangled by Mennas

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 2nd February 2011, 15:11

It's not (anymore). Oh and I take back my suggestion of using Freezing Cloud too, looks like the bug where you could place clouds through a wall was fixed too. :(

You can still place Freezing/Poisonous Cloud anywhere in (non-scryed) LOS if you target it with ! though, which is nice and has been bugged for ages.

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 3rd February 2011, 13:17

Can't use smite targeting through walls? Well, I don't know about the spells that supposedly have smite targetting, but my kobold artificer with a rod of smiting did recently clear out that big eye vault (you know, the one with shining eyes trapped in glass cages in the corners). I'm playing 7.1
Crazy Yiuf mutters: "Good: bonuses. Bad: Boni. Ugly: Bonii!"

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 3rd February 2011, 13:33

Bug has been fixed by galehar: monsters respect no_rtele_into now.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 3rd February 2011, 14:00

vintermann wrote:Can't use smite targeting through walls? Well, I don't know about the spells that supposedly have smite targetting, but my kobold artificer with a rod of smiting did recently clear out that big eye vault (you know, the one with shining eyes trapped in glass cages in the corners). I'm playing 7.1

Seeing through transparent walls, and seeing through opaque walls with Ashenzari's scrying ability are distinct. You can smite through transparent walls (and monsters can see you and smite you back). You can't smite through walls that you can only see through with scrying (and monsters can't see you through them at all).

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice