I just blew your mind.

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Lair Larrikin

Post Saturday, 12th May 2012, 20:43

I just blew your mind.

I'm going to feel quite the fool if this has ever been pointed out before, but...

Xom is the god of chaos.
Zin is the god of law.

Now, what do you get when you type "Zin", but shift every key by one to the right?
. . .
.@D
. . .

For this message the author Ezekiel has received thanks: 8
Dingbat, FluidDynamite, Grimm, IronJelly, mageykun, MyOtheHedgeFox, nago, pratamawirya

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 12th May 2012, 21:10

Re: I just blew your mind.

:lol:

...soooo we just proved that the law / chaos axis in crawl runs horizontally from left to right. We have any evidence for the the good / evil axis runs up / down?

Lair Larrikin

Post Saturday, 12th May 2012, 21:46

The closest I can find is that "Yredelemnul" is an anagram for "Duller Enemy".
. . .
.@D
. . .

Eringya's Employee

Post Saturday, 12th May 2012, 21:51

I can't seem to find the logic behind this -let's say- riddle. Here's my train of thought... I hope I might not come off as a complete retard, here it goes;

If you take the word "Zin" and shift its letters by one to the right (meaning their next ones in the alphabet), you get "Ajo", which doesn't make sense. Or, by literally shifting the letters to the right, you get "Nzi" which again doesn't make sense.
If you take the sentence "Zin is the god of law" and type Zin then move the rest of the letters by one to the right, I get "Zin I sth ego do flaw" which again doesn't make sense. Again with the same sentence, you could do the same as i tried at first with the word "Zin", which gives; "Zin jt uid hpe pg mbx" which again doesn't mean something...

P.S: Sorry for killing the joke. :oops:
P.S.I: Not a native English speaker, so that probably doesn't help me understand the intended wordplay any faster.
MuCK;
  Code:
612 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Slain by a gnoll

Pandemonium Purger

Post Saturday, 12th May 2012, 22:13

TehDruid wrote:I can't seem to find the logic behind this -let's say- riddle. Here's my train of thought... I hope I might not come off as a complete retard, here it goes;

If you take the word "Zin" and shift its letters by one to the right (meaning their next ones in the alphabet), you get "Ajo", which doesn't make sense. Or, by literally shifting the letters to the right, you get "Nzi" which again doesn't make sense.
If you take the sentence "Zin is the god of law" and type Zin then move the rest of the letters by one to the right, I get "Zin I sth ego do flaw" which again doesn't make sense. Again with the same sentence, you could do the same as i tried at first with the word "Zin", which gives; "Zin jt uid hpe pg mbx" which again doesn't mean something...

P.S: Sorry for killing the joke. :oops:
P.S.I: Not a native English speaker, so that probably doesn't help me understand the intended wordplay any faster.

Look down

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 12th May 2012, 22:25

It only works on a qwerty keyboard layout.

Eringya's Employee

Post Saturday, 12th May 2012, 23:02

jejorda2 wrote:It only works on a qwerty keyboard layout.

I do have a qwerty keyboard and holy fuck I just realised what the OP means. :P I would have never thought of looking at the keyboard layout... God I suck. :lol:

I'm pretty sure there's a conspiracy behind this. :P
MuCK;
  Code:
612 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Slain by a gnoll

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 13th May 2012, 20:07

This means that Koubs will be the anti-slime god.
Plsesti will be the god of peace.

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 13th May 2012, 20:18

This explains why the Democrats can never make up their mind.
Jabberwocky wrote:You came back on the forums. Everything in the corner has been worse since 11/4/12. It got better when you left, but now it's bad again.

"You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas's attack!"

Lair Larrikin

Post Monday, 14th May 2012, 13:29

giygas wrote:This explains why the Democrats can never make up their mind.

I'm afraid I don't get it...
. . .
.@D
. . .

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 14th May 2012, 15:29

He means that Zin, being to the right of Xom on the keyboard, can be understood as being to the political right of Xom, all the more because the right wing is generally for law-and-order; Zin is therefore the god of the American Republican Party. It follows that Xom is the god of the American Democratic Party, who are thus in this joke the party of chaos and contradiction.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 14th May 2012, 15:33

That would make sense if Zin weren't to the left of Xom...

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 14th May 2012, 16:35

Note to self: don't read the Tavern first thing after waking up.

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 14th May 2012, 17:16

It's okay. Trying to justify political humor that depends on one party not being chaotic and contradictory is rather impossible regardless of your state of wakefulness, alertness, and/or soberness/drunkenness.

Although if we were going to fool around with gods' political leanings... (let's ignore for the moment they'd all favor despotic theocracies of some kind. :p).

You'd think Zin would be some kind of conservative. He's got iron clad laws, a dislike for change, evolution, and mutation. He also expects his taxes.

Lucy is obviously an anarchist. The hardcore destroy the government kind. I mean, taking down the ecumenical senate is right there in her manifesto.

Xom... is hardy to pin down. Anarchy does suit him, but even that seems a little too direct and goal driven. I think the all over the place positions I've seen from various libertarians better suits his capriciousness.

Fedhas would back the eco-lobby. Neme the gambling lobby. Vehement is pro military research and development. Oka's more about people just being armed and able to fight- he's the NRA, and backs private armaments. Ash is all about shutting down civil liberties and person freedoms, but pro education and supports the free and easy exchange of information (...so a despotic collective?). Chei filibusterers anything and everything on principal. Sif backs the education lobby, the sciences, and library funding (liberal). Ely's behind universal healthcare, and probably some kind of liberal as well. Trog wants to be at war all the time (and that's the sum of his position). Makhelb's another war monger, with heavy ties to the civilian military-industrial complex (instead of summoning demons, he's hiring private military contractors).

Beogh... well, regrettably he's the social conservative. Believes his religion and race are superior, tries to force this on everyone else. I mean, it's not hard to imagine- he's kinda close to old testament God as it is. The shining one probably also comes off this way... favoring religious war against the unrighteous. While a paladin fighting actual, literal evil works as an individual in a fantasy setting, that same attitude applied by a modern government towards other people starts to look uncomfortably close to certain... nastiness-es.

I'm kind of stumped on the evil death gods. Maybe... Kiku supports the pharmaceuticals lobby? Evil healing, by any means, and not always with the patients best interest at heart. Yred just wants everyone dead... doomsday cult? Eh, that's not very good...

Jiyva is basically the brain-slug party. He wants to put a slime in every home. He wants every one to be converted to slimes. Or eaten by slimes. If you vote for him, he will make this happen. Only the slimes do, of course.

...okay, I spent waaaay too long thinking about this.

For this message the author mageykun has received thanks: 2
brickroad, Dingbat

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 14th May 2012, 17:27

mageykun wrote:Xom... is hardy to pin down. Archy does suit him, but even that seems a little too direct and goal driven. I think the all over the place positions I've seen from various libertarians better suits his capriciousness.

Monster Raving Loony Party

Trog wants to be at war all the time (and that's the sum of his position).

Trog is a fascist: viewtopic.php?p=53538#p53538

Beogh... well, regrettably he's the social conservative. Believes his religion and race are superior, tries to force this on everyone else. I mean, it's not hard to imagine- he's kinda close to old testament God as it is.

So you're saying HOPr isn't orc Jesus, it's orc Hitler.

Yred just wants everyone dead... doomsday cult? Eh, that's not very good...

Cthulhu for President.

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 14th May 2012, 17:44

Grimm wrote:So you're saying HOPr isn't orc Jesus, it's orc Hitler..

Well, that's a fine line. Heck, the old testament literally has passages detailing how to exterminate the unbelievers already occupying the promised land. And for all the good values most religions espouse, governments that learn heavily on literal applications of scripture can end up somewhat intolerant, and harsher on other groups.

But it's not binary between Jesus/Hitler (mixed metaphor, really. We need a genocidal religious figure, not a political one. Although we are arbitrarily overlapping religion and politics as is...). There's a whole spectrum in between! It all depends on which bits of their beliefs they end up holding hardest too. I mean, yes, on the far end, the Conservative Orcish Right could end up as proponents for genocide. ...or they could mellow out to just eugenics, racism and/or discrimination. Or maybe by this point they're just trying to get Beoghanism taught alongside evolution in schools. Or they're pushing legislation for traditional orcish values. There are a lot of ways it could get translated to modern society. There's wiggle room between abhorrent hate, and stuffy traditionalism, I think. (Yes, I realize politicians can be religious and hold completely different positions that those I've discussed here. I just don't think you can push the bloodthirsty orc god too far to the left).

Honestly, TSO is the one I'm more worried about. The idea of a crusade, holy war, jihad, etc becomes downright nasty in the modern world. I find it harder to justify him down into a more tolerant position.

...eh, now it's getting awkward. Why did I think I could have a discussion of religion as politics without tripping over religion and politics?
Last edited by mageykun on Monday, 14th May 2012, 18:05, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: clarification

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 14th May 2012, 18:01

TSO gets mad when you use biotoxin weapons, attack those who are unable to fight back, or attack anyone directly aligned with him. He's the embodiment of the "UN == New World Order" conspiracy theories.
You fall off the wall. You have a feeling of ineptitude.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 14th May 2012, 18:02

Maybe he's okay if it turns out there are real demons.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 14th May 2012, 21:25

Jiyva is the Stalinist. You will have the mutations Jiyva decides you should have. You might get to keep some equipment but only what Jiyva decides you keep. Everyone will be equal when everyone is turned to slime. All slimes are equal but some are more equal than others.

For this message the author Jeremiah has received thanks: 3
Dingbat, One-Eyed Jack, SinCosTan

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 15th May 2012, 22:30

And the Royal Jelly is like some sort of prime example of slime?
. . .
.@D
. . .

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 16th May 2012, 22:23

The Royal Jelly is comrade Stakhanov.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 17th May 2012, 00:01

Because he...produces so much?

Alternatively, Jiyva is Marx and TRJ is Stalin.

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 17th May 2012, 09:09

I love you guys.

Vestibule Violator

Post Thursday, 17th May 2012, 10:25

I'd say that The Dissolution could be more like Stakhanov. He can dig.
If you find any mistakes or typos in my post, feel free to PM me about it. Thanks in advance!

The Verse flows throughout Aquaria...
Through each ripple and wave...
Through every living being...
The Verse binds us all as one.

For this message the author MyOtheHedgeFox has received thanks:
A spy

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 17th May 2012, 21:37

Grimm wrote:
mageykun wrote:Xom... is hardy to pin down. Archy does suit him, but even that seems a little too direct and goal driven. I think the all over the place positions I've seen from various libertarians better suits his capriciousness.

Monster Raving Loony Party

Trog wants to be at war all the time (and that's the sum of his position).

Trog is a fascist: viewtopic.php?p=53538#p53538

Beogh... well, regrettably he's the social conservative. Believes his religion and race are superior, tries to force this on everyone else. I mean, it's not hard to imagine- he's kinda close to old testament God as it is.

So you're saying HOPr isn't orc Jesus, it's orc Hitler.

Yred just wants everyone dead... doomsday cult? Eh, that's not very good...

Cthulhu for President.

Cthulhu actually does not want everyone dead. If everyone was dead there wouldn't be any snacks for it.
What made you happy today?
Shatari wrote:I traded a goat for a Nintendo DS XL, and a ton of games.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 17th May 2012, 21:47

The religious tracts his followers hand out say he does want to kill us all.
http://rubbersuitstudios.com/ptcct.htm

Vestibule Violator

Post Thursday, 17th May 2012, 22:01

Jabberwocky wrote:Cthulhu actually does not want everyone dead. If everyone was dead there wouldn't be any snacks for it.

The eternal problem of immortal murder-gods everywhere. Once you finally cut lose and murder everyone, there's no one left to murder.

Well, unless you're the kind of murder-god who has the ability or patience to create a new population / world / universe / whatever to kill off when you run out. Then the stretch of murder-less boredom between killing sprees is merely unbearably long instead of eternal.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 17th May 2012, 22:08

Grimm wrote:The religious tracts his followers hand out say he does want to kill us all.
http://rubbersuitstudios.com/ptcct.htm

That's not true! That's passed out by the Shoggoths! Cthulhu doesn't want to eat us all! It's the Shoggoths that will eat us all! Cthulhu will only eat some of us! And It will protect us from those nasty Shoggoths! The actual Cthulhu approved literature is here. http://www.cthulhu.org/cthulhu/positions.html The people passing out those fliers aren't TRUE followers of Cthulhu. And by the way, the proper title for a follower of Cthulhu et al is a Acolyte.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 17th May 2012, 22:10

mageykun wrote:
Jabberwocky wrote:Cthulhu actually does not want everyone dead. If everyone was dead there wouldn't be any snacks for it.

The eternal problem of immortal murder-gods everywhere. Once you finally cut lose and murder everyone, there's no one left to murder.

Well, unless you're the kind of murder-god who has the ability or patience to create a new population / world / universe / whatever to kill off when you run out. Then the stretch of murder-less boredom between killing sprees is merely unbearably long instead of eternal.

Cthulhu isn't a muder-god. Cthulhu is the earthly incarnation of that great being, the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 17th May 2012, 23:23

Jabberwocky wrote:The actual Cthulhu approved literature is here. http://www.cthulhu.org/cthulhu/positions.html The people passing out those fliers aren't TRUE followers of Cthulhu.

Your link says that loyal Cthulhites will be eaten last, while the tract says they will be eaten first. Somebody is lying.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 17th May 2012, 23:27

Grimm wrote:
Jabberwocky wrote:The actual Cthulhu approved literature is here. http://www.cthulhu.org/cthulhu/positions.html The people passing out those fliers aren't TRUE followers of Cthulhu.

Your link says that loyal Cthulhites will be eaten last, while the tract says they will be eaten first. Somebody is lying.

My tract is the true tract. Those other people are lying.

Lair Larrikin

Post Sunday, 27th May 2012, 18:27

I recently had the mind-blowing realization that Trog sends you 'Tr' and 'Og' as allies when you use BiA.

For this message the author nooodl has received thanks:
Grimm

Blades Runner

Post Sunday, 27th May 2012, 20:03

ok that's actually a good one
Wins: DDBe (3 runes, morgue file)

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 27th May 2012, 21:40

nooodl wrote:I recently had the mind-blowing realization that Trog sends you 'Tr' and 'Og' as allies when you use BiA.

Plus giants.

Lair Larrikin

Post Monday, 28th May 2012, 01:51

And bears, too, but sssshhhh.

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 28th May 2012, 02:02

That's just a deliberate Trog gibe.

For this message the author mageykun has received thanks: 2
Dustbin, rebthor

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 28th May 2012, 10:11

And what to trogs GIants and Bears do? They GIB people!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 28th May 2012, 10:19

He should send seahawks too.

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 28th May 2012, 10:29

Another mindblowing revelation!
The Tavern is not actually a tavern, but an Internet forum!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 28th May 2012, 16:29

PerverseSuffering wrote:Another mindblowing revelation!
The Tavern is not actually a tavern, but an Internet forum!

if you quaff beer from flagons well visiting these forums does it count as a tavern?

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner