YAVVVSD Demospawn warper of cheib L27

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 15th March 2012, 19:24

YAVVVSD Demospawn warper of cheib L27

Yet Another Very Very Very Stupid Death on a level 27+++ char :)

Can Tornado be dispelled ?
Or is it because of Cheibriados + slow movement that it only last 3 turns ?
(and no, i have no free spell slot for fly as i just learned necromutation due to very fast metabolism problem)

On a positive note : i've played with the Gong (the unrandart shield with Spirit which make noise when used) for quiet a long time. Spirit is really strong with the mutation that give you mana on damage, and you don't have to run after ennemies when the whole level comes to you

http://crawl.develz.org/morgues/0.10/Da ... 191339.txt

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 15th March 2012, 21:55

Re: YAVVVSD Demospawn warper of cheib L27

I haven't cast tornado, so I can't say much about that, but I do worship chei quite often, so I can tell you plenty about her. You'll want to turn on show game turns so you can see how long your steps take - on my nagas at full piety it is 2.8 turns per step, but demonspawns should be around 2.4 or so, you'd have to check. Turn on both lines:

show_gold_turns = true
show_game_turns = true

in your rc file. Then at least you'll know how long tornado lasts :) If you're staying in one place and attacking, and you still get only 3 turns, then tornado is lasting roughly 1.8 turns (demon tridents attack at .6 speed assuming you have the right skills). I find that understanding game time is important for anyone, but it's absolutely essential for any chei worshipper. Now I'm off to go play the slowest melee fighter you can build ;)

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 16th March 2012, 06:36

Very interesting settings. Just try it and it is really nice to have those numbers. Thx

Every death make me stronger ! :D

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 16th March 2012, 10:01

Danakh wrote:Can Tornado be dispelled ?

In my experience, only if you blink/teleport.
"It's lucky to be smart, but smarter to be lucky."
- sirlaser the Eclecticist (Human Wanderer), worshipper of Ashenzari

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 16th March 2012, 17:08

Sounds about right; if you were moving at 1/3 speed then that's around a 10-turn tornado which would be pretty good normally. You certainly shouldn't be relying on Tornado to fly over deep water. Did you get a chance to act after "The winds around you start to calm down."?

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 16th March 2012, 19:43

No I got both the message that winds calm down and the message that i drown at the same time :)

Crypt Cleanser

Post Saturday, 17th March 2012, 00:19

mumra wrote:Sounds about right; if you were moving at 1/3 speed then that's around a 10-turn tornado which would be pretty good normally. You certainly shouldn't be relying on Tornado to fly over deep water. Did you get a chance to act after "The winds around you start to calm down."?

The game prompted him about entering deep water with an expiring lev status, but he ignored it.
mikee_ has won 166 times in 396 games (41.92%): 4xDSFi 4xMDFi 3xDDCK 3xDDEE 3xHOPr 2xDDHe 2xDDNe 2xDSBe 2xKeAE 2xMfCr 2xMfSt 2xMiAr 2xMiBe 2xNaTm 1xCeAr 1xCeAs 1xCeBe 1xCeEn 1xCeFE 1xCePa 1xCeTm 1xCeWz 1xDDAs 1xDDCr 1xDDHu 1xDDTm 1xDENe 1xDEWz

Mines Malingerer

Post Saturday, 17th March 2012, 17:40

mikee wrote:
mumra wrote:Sounds about right; if you were moving at 1/3 speed then that's around a 10-turn tornado which would be pretty good normally. You certainly shouldn't be relying on Tornado to fly over deep water. Did you get a chance to act after "The winds around you start to calm down."?

The game prompted him about entering deep water with an expiring lev status, but he ignored it.

That is true :)

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too