Image Loading Error

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Sunday, 4th December 2011, 05:27

Image Loading Error

Hey hey, just downloaded and installed this game. I'm having a bit of an error loading images though. When I run the Tiles, the game loads and seems to run fine, but none of the actual tiles are loaded. Everything that should have a visual-thumbnail image is just a white field. When I am in the game, the image of the dungeon is a homogenous white field of nothing. Moving my mouse around brings up "deep water" "rock wall" and like the names of the things that aren't loaded, but I don't know what to do. Any help?

Crypt Cleanser

Post Sunday, 4th December 2011, 21:04

Re: Image Loading Error

What version of crawl on what operating system? (windows, linux, os X)
In the folder of cral/dat/tiles, do you actually have the tiles? (feat.png floor.png gui.png ...)
Have you tried redownloading and reinstalling?

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Thursday, 8th December 2011, 05:57

Yes, I have the tiles. I am on Windows Vista. I've tried reinstalling and redownloading multiple times. Nothing I can think of seems to help this.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 8th December 2011, 14:51

Do you have up-to-date drivers for your graphics card installed?

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Friday, 9th December 2011, 00:58

Yup. I'm pretty sure. Running the web version is no problem, and general graphics for other things never gives me much of a problem. It's not the best computer, but it ain't the worst.

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 9th December 2011, 05:10

Maybe the tiles images aren't where they should be when using the installer. Perhaps try the non-installed version? eg the .zip that unpacks to a working self-contained crawl?

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 9th December 2011, 15:17

arglypuff wrote:Yup. I'm pretty sure. Running the web version is no problem, and general graphics for other things never gives me much of a problem. It's not the best computer, but it ain't the worst.

Your graphic drivers needs to support OpenGL. This isn't the case for the web version or for general graphics.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Return to Technical Support