No animate dead possible on shapeshifter corpse

Although the central place for this kind of discussion is on the CDO wiki, some may find it helpful to discuss potential requests and suggestions here first.

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 14th June 2018, 10:11

No animate dead possible on shapeshifter corpse

Recently I tried animating the remains of a shapeshifter, only to find out that lazy corpse would not even rise from the the dungeon floor! :?

I looked for info on this in the wiki, but I couldn't find anything so I will just ask it here. Please feel free to remove this topic.
Is it possible this is an oversight or was this intended.

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 14th June 2018, 14:37

Re: No animate dead possible on shapeshifter corpse

Shapeshifters do come in zombie and simulacrum flavors, I believe, so this may have been a relic from the times they couldn't (due to "would they still shift" concerns, maybe?)

But now that mutagenic chunks are no longer a thing, shapeshifters should probably just stop dropping corpses/being undead. If this is not consistent for a @ monster, you can move them to J with no loss of flavor.

For this message the author Croases has received thanks: 2
HANFGEIST, nago

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 25th June 2018, 23:06

If shapeshifters are raisable they need to be able to continue shifting with a chance to either break your hold on them and/ or to shift into a living (non-undead) shapeshifter. Otherwise I agree with them just not leaving corpses, mutagenic chunks aren't edible anymore anyway. Have them turn into a pile of slime on death.

Barkeep

Post Thursday, 28th June 2018, 18:57

Have them shapeshift into some monster's corpse on death, which is the thing it'll animate as
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Return to Game Design Discussion