Good God-Evil Race interaction

Questions, Explanations, Howtos

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Friday, 1st June 2018, 16:00

Good God-Evil Race interaction

Heya Everyone,
Im thinking about modding in the possibility to join good gods as an evil race on my local 0.21. With the added effect, that, when joining, you are immediately hit with a pennance event.

However, I am entirey unfamiliar with the folderstructure and would like to ask, where the event-files are placed. Recently, I got a bit more ok at programming and mostly want a pointer in the correct path-direction to hopefully figure the rest out by myself.

Actually, I´ve been thinking about a zealous "repenting" Demonspawn of TSO when I played 0.11 way back and it struck me just now ,that I should be able to mod that in....

Greetings,
Apoco

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 4th June 2018, 01:44

Re: Good God-Evil Race interaction

Apocolototh wrote:Heya Everyone,
Im thinking about modding in the possibility to join good gods as an evil race on my local 0.21. With the added effect, that, when joining, you are immediately hit with a pennance event.

However, I am entirey unfamiliar with the folderstructure and would like to ask, where the event-files are placed. Recently, I got a bit more ok at programming and mostly want a pointer in the correct path-direction to hopefully figure the rest out by myself.

Actually, I´ve been thinking about a zealous "repenting" Demonspawn of TSO when I played 0.11 way back and it struck me just now ,that I should be able to mod that in....

Greetings,
Apoco

The method that checks for whether or not your species can worship a god is in religion.cc. As for the penance part, you would probably want to add a special case to the _join_<god name> methods in the same file for TSO, Zin, and Ely for evil races. You'll have to do some code searching to figure out how to call penance effects without actually being in penance.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Thursday, 7th June 2018, 15:24

Many thanks for the quick and informative answer, it helps a lot.
Ill get to it this WE and update wether and how well it works.

Have a nice day,
Apoco.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 24th July 2018, 23:58

OK, I implemented it and it works. On joining the three good gods send a god message "Prove your dedication" And you receive 10 pennance from all 3. That might need to get turned up higher, because it seemed to be over pretty fast.

Zot Zealot

Post Wednesday, 25th July 2018, 01:11

Currently, good god penance does nothing unless you worship an evil god. You'll also need to change that to "good god penance does nothing unless you are a bad species or worship an evil god".

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 31st July 2018, 01:24

Aaaah, that answers why no penal-events happened, thanks.

Return to Coding