Study of the project

Questions, Explanations, Howtos

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 22nd October 2016, 09:56

Study of the project

Hello everyone, i introduce myself, i'm Xavier and i'm a student from the Faculty of Sciences Jean Perrin in Lens, which is in France.

We have the project to study an open-source game this year and try to give our contribution, and we've chosen DCSS.

And we need some answers to few questions to analyze the development cycle of DCSS:
  • Who decide what is in a release?
  • How long is the development cycle between releases? Can the project dev process be considered as agile? Why?

Thank you in advance for your considerations to our works and for you answer

Zot Zealot

Post Saturday, 22nd October 2016, 22:36

Re: Study of the project

The dev team decides what is in a release. Basically, it's all the changes made since the previous release.

The release cycle is approximately six months, but not fixed. It's nothing like agile, since people work on changes as they please.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Sunday, 23rd October 2016, 14:32

Re: Study of the project

Hello chequers, thank you very much for the answer, we've add this informations to our report that we will release soon.

Also, one of our next task is to contribute to this software, we'll read the topic about that and work on this in few week.

We'll give a link to the document generated by our promo when we'll have finished our study.

Also thanks to the crawl team to gave us one of the best roguelike available :)

Best regards

Return to Coding