Nagas

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 21st May 2016, 16:57

Nagas

I decided to take a break from my Minotaur Gladiator of Pakellas and start trying out Nagas. Any tips for classes and ways to play Nagas?

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Saturday, 21st May 2016, 17:25

Re: Nagas

Spit against anything. Move back to gain more turns to spit again and let poison works.
Move always back even against single easy monster. Do that absolutely against pack monsters, try to pick only one at time.
Until you haven't enough xl, haste and tele/blink or other consumables every single dangerous monster could be your doom.
More true than most races, Never fight in unexplored area, noise is your main enemy. Never rest near unexplored area especially after a fight
As usual, Be or IE.
Last edited by nago on Saturday, 21st May 2016, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

For this message the author nago has received thanks: 2
duvessa, Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 21st May 2016, 17:26

Play very slowly and carefully. Nagas have a lot of intrinsic advantages, but these are only partial compensation for the fact that they are SLOW. Very slow. Painfully slow. If you rush into a fight you can't clear in one go, you have to burn a consumable or die. So you want to abuse luring tactics as much as possible and carefully explore around the stairwells to make sure you have a place you can take the first monster in the pack without having to worry about surprises coming out of the grey behind you. Noise is exceptionally bad, and autoexplore is usually bad until you have already cleared out most of the monsters on the level anyway.

As soon as you see any monster, you should start luring it back toward a safe area to kill it. Do not step toward it; if it hasn't seen you yet, throw a rock or something rather than stepping toward it. It will move faster than you, so you can't train it across the whole level like you can with every other species, but you can lure it back far enough that the noise won't attract a bunch more monsters. Ideally, you want to be able to get to a stairwell so you can escape from randomly wandering monsters if they show up, but sometimes you have to make do with secluded areas. Hallways are of course ideal if you ever get more than one monster, but that's more because open areas are even worse than normal when you have difficulty repositioning due to your racial slow movement.

Early on, you have poison spit, which is a very good ranged attack at that point. It'll help thin out jackal packs and the like when you fail to isolate a single member. Use it a lot, every time it comes off cool-down. It does scale in damage with your level, but only slowly, so you'll use it less as you proceed in the game although I've found it situationally useful even in the early Rune branches or Vaults.

For this message the author KoboldLord has received thanks: 4
duvessa, nago, Sar, Zargon

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 21st May 2016, 20:15

Fedhas is a very good Naga god!

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Saturday, 21st May 2016, 20:18

Fedhas is the best God for everyone! [/duvessaMode]
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

For this message the author nago has received thanks: 2
duvessa, Sar

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 21st May 2016, 20:31

I think duvessa may would have added "except for mummies" - or maybe not, since it goes without saying?.

Anyway, I like transmuters for Nagas as the forms give you normal speed to walk away, and going for spider form is easy because of the poison aptitude. It does not mean that transmuter is stronger than berserker or IE for nagas tough.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 21st May 2016, 22:25

If mummies were able to worship Fedhas, then Fedhas would be the best god for them.

Aside from slow movement (which really is very, very bad), another thing that makes nagas bad is that they have poor defences in the early game. Deformed body + large size means you start the game with less AC and less EV than almost all the other races. Trolls, ogres, and centaurs all get extra AC at XL1 that compensates for size/deformed body. Nagas do not, and it takes quite a few XLs before their tough skin mutation starts compensating (it doesn't give you ANYTHING for the first 2 XLs, which are the worst 2 XLs for nagas).

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 2
nago, Sar

Abyss Ambulator

Post Sunday, 22nd May 2016, 09:10

Yeah, I always seem to find early Fedhas altar when I am a mummy, rush there to join and only realize that I am a mummy when she refuses.

Bad early defenses also make transmuter relatively better a little bit - spider form gives you really good defense.

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 22nd May 2016, 09:16

Seriously, am I missing some kind of forum meme here, or why do people seem to love Fedhas so much? As far as I can see, Fedhas' schtick seems to be "able to summon mushrooms that are extremely unimpressive and need tons of Invo training to start doing anything" and "use up a ton of fruits, which you may or may not have gotten a lot of during the game, to set up an oklob plant battery that can clean up ONE level". Also, you have to choose between chunks and piety, and it's not like piety gain is that jaw-dropping either. Sure, she may not be useless, but whatever I'm trying to do with Fedhas, there are more than a few other gods that I feel could always do the job better.
If I play online, I do so under the screenname Marenglen.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Sunday, 22nd May 2016, 09:55

I think that your problem is that mushrooms need some good tactic to use them.

Once you find out how they work they are extremely powerful, to the point that they can easily clear lair, orc and dungeon in my experience, even with relatively low invo (tough training it a little bit helps). And this is an ability you get at one star, so at that point you just kill everything remotely threatening with mushrooms and improve whatever skills you want. Since usually by the end of Lair/Orc/Dungeon i am strong enough to win without a god this alone would make Fedhas the strongest god - but other abilites are still very useful. An Oklob farm can easily kill everything in Zot 5 for example if you wish to do it - yes, this includes OOFs and Ancient liches.

For this message the author sanka has received thanks: 2
Lasty, nago

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 22nd May 2016, 12:07

Well, I wrote a really, really long guide on nagas of Cheibraidos, so there's that strategy. It's here: http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Tasonir's_Melee_Naga_Guide I do need to update the guide, you'll probably want blade hands on a naga. The guide's a bit stuck between offering general Chei advice and specific naga advice. Statue form isn't terrible for them, but you lose the scales AC and barding, which is a lot of armor. I'd only use it if you are in extended and really need the torment resistance.

That being said, the most important advice was already given in Nago's first line: Spit, walk back two/three steps, spit again. Spit misses a lot, can fail to poison, and is just generally weak. You still need all the help you can get and when it does hit and land the poison, it can add up pretty fast. You're very stealthy, the most important thing is not getting surrounded. A well played naga makes it feel like the early dungeon is very easy, because you simply never encountered a swarm at all, and were never in much danger. Reality is often a little more dangerous, though. Teleport scrolls are a very important thing to identify and keep for emergencies. Big threats like orc warriors with good equipment or early centaurs are likely your biggest problems, as well as uniques of course.

Their defense comes online pretty naturally, both as the scales get stronger and as you get armor (especially the barding), your AC will skyrocket. So I tend to plan how I'm going to get a strong offense, which usually means blade hands, because I'm addicted to unarmed. You don't have to be, any strong offense will do. If you get acquirement give some consideration to armor, as your chances of getting a barding are quite high, although it can always fail. My last naga used acquirement when I had no barding equipped and was given a +0 plate mail with +blink. But your odds of getting a barding when you don't have one (and have the rest of your armor) are roughly 30-40% I think - if anyone knows the exact odds let me know. After that, you probably want to acquire wands like everyone else.

Your HP pool is huge but keep training fighting to make it even more huge.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 22nd May 2016, 15:45

Malevolent wrote:mushrooms that are extremely unimpressive

If damage 20 confusion branded attack allies before you even entered Lair is "unimpressive" then pretty much every other god except maybe for Trog is "worthless".

For this message the author Sar has received thanks: 3
duvessa, ldf, nago

Abyss Ambulator

Post Sunday, 22nd May 2016, 15:58

Sar wrote:
Malevolent wrote:mushrooms that are extremely unimpressive

If damage 20 confusion branded attack allies before you even entered Lair is "unimpressive" then pretty much every other god except maybe for Trog is "worthless".

That's pretty accurate.
remove food

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 22nd May 2016, 21:06

Players who don't see fedhas as strong often underestimate the early game power of mushrooms even with no investment, and the rune-vault-destroying power of oklobs. These powers come early, so you don't need to worry about maxing out piety.

Fedhas has several other good powers as well, but mastering mushrooms is the real key to using the god.

Blades Runner

Post Sunday, 22nd May 2016, 21:07

duvessa wrote:If mummies were able to worship Fedhas, then Fedhas would be the best god for them.

Aside from slow movement (which really is very, very bad), another thing that makes nagas bad is that they have poor defences in the early game. Deformed body + large size means you start the game with less AC and less EV than almost all the other races. Trolls, ogres, and centaurs all get extra AC at XL1 that compensates for size/deformed body. Nagas do not, and it takes quite a few XLs before their tough skin mutation starts compensating (it doesn't give you ANYTHING for the first 2 XLs, which are the worst 2 XLs for nagas).

Yeah, early Nagas are the worst. (Naga Warper is the single worst combo in the game for D:1 and 2.) All the joys of slowness combined with the thrill of getting killed by a lucky hobgoblin because poison spit missed twice and you are deep elf bad at fighting until you grow some armor.

Advice? Just be prepared to die a lot early. I will defend mummies, octopodes and formicids as not-that-bad, but early game nagas suuuuuuccck.

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 24th May 2016, 17:52

I have tried using all of the advice given on this page but I can't go anywhere with these guys. My farthest one got to the lair using a +4 Scimitar of Draining and about 16AC and 10 Dodge. The second I entered the lair I was surrounded by wolves and a special slug like thing that took half my health in a single hit. :/ I thought these guys would be cool but I can't do anything

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 24th May 2016, 18:07

You should have 100-ish HP by Lair as a Naga. Maybe more then 10 EV, too. Probably don't fight Gastronok, though.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 24th May 2016, 18:59

The first tile of Lair is the most dangerous tile of Lair. There are no other stairwells to come down, so you have to somehow deal with whatever greets you no matter how unreasonable it is. Gastronok spawning in your face right as you enter Lair is a good reason to put off Lair, and a large pack of other monsters surrounding you with no cover is a good reason to take extreme measures as well. Scrolls of blinking and potions of haste and the like don't help if you are dead.

For this message the author KoboldLord has received thanks: 2
nago, Sar

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 00:16

Rokirem wrote:I have tried using all of the advice given on this page but I can't go anywhere with these guys. My farthest one got to the lair using a +4 Scimitar of Draining and about 16AC and 10 Dodge. The second I entered the lair I was surrounded by wolves and a special slug like thing that took half my health in a single hit. :/ I thought these guys would be cool but I can't do anything

My one and only naga win was as a skald.

Here's the morgue, on the off chance a not-very-good-players naga win might help you. I'm not sure I needed 20 in hexes and 16 in evocations both, but it seemed to have worked out okay. Spectral weapon is great, and infusion and shroud kept me alive long enough to get it online.

I also found the enchanter starting book really early, and that's really what kept me alive.

But look at how badass this guy ended up! AC of 44 and 268 hit points! Eventually your nagas do turn pretty killer. It just takes a while.

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.17.1 (tiles) character file.

FlightyFeet the Bewitcher (Naga Skald)            Turns: 109045, Time: 07:58:04

Health: 268/268    AC: 44    Str: 22    XL:     27
Magic:  47/47      EV: 19    Int: 32    God:    Okawaru [*****.]
Gold:   3440       SH: 18    Dex: 23    Spells: 14 memorised, 5 levels left

rFire  + + .     SeeInvis +     a - +9 demon blade (elec)
rCold  + . .     Clarity  .     E - +9 scale mail of Afeicam {*Contam Str+6}
rNeg   . . .     SustAt   .     s - +3 shield
rPois  +         Gourm    .     f - +3 hat of Pondering {ponderous, MR+ MP+10 Int+5}
rElec  .         Spirit   .     p - +2 cloak {+Inv}
rCorr  .         Warding  .     F - +0 pair of gloves "Nuaseh" {Int+8}
rMut   +         Stasis   .     n - +4 naga barding {rC+}
MR     +++++                    Z - amulet of resist mutation
Stlth  ++++++....               A - ring "Suesotwe" {Fire Int+3}
                                T - ring "Qunwaxul" {rF+ rC+ MR+ Dex+4}

@: very slow, almost entirely resistant to hostile enchantments, very stealthy
A: see invisible, deformed body, poison resistance, screaming 1, slowness 2,
slow metabolism 1, spit poison 2, subdued magic 1, constrict 1, AC +9
a: Spit Poison, Heroism, Finesse, Renounce Religion, Evoke Invisibility
}: 4/15 runes: decaying, silver, abyssal, gossamer

You are on level 5 of the Realm of Zot.
You worship Okawaru.
Okawaru is extremely pleased with you.
You are not hungry.

You have visited 11 branches of the dungeon, and seen 55 of its levels.
You have visited the Abyss 1 time.
You have also visited: Ossuary and Wizlab.

You have collected 7895 gold pieces.
You have spent 4455 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand Weapons
 a - a +9 demon blade of electrocution (weapon)
 b - the +8 quick blade of Wyrd {pain, +Inv rElec Stlth+}
   (Okawaru gifted it to you on level 10 of the Dungeon)   

In the hands of one skilled in necromantic magic, it inflicts extra damage
   on living creatures.

It insulates you from electricity.
   It lets you turn invisible.
   It makes you more stealthy.
 M - a +1 blowgun
Missiles
 e - 28 curare-tipped needles
Armour
 f - the +3 hat of Pondering (worn) {ponderous, MR+ MP+10 Int+5}
   (You took it off Gastronok on level 2 of the Orcish Mines)   

It affects your intelligence (+5).
   It affects your resistance to hostile enchantments.
   It affects your magic capacity (+10).
 n - a +4 naga barding of cold resistance (worn)
 p - a +2 cloak of invisibility (worn)
 s - a +3 shield (worn)
 E - the +9 scale mail of Afeicam (worn) {*Contam Str+6}
   (Okawaru gifted it to you on level 4 of the Vaults)   

It affects your strength (+6).
   It causes magical contamination when unequipped.
 F - the +0 pair of gloves "Nuaseh" (worn) {Int+8}
   (You found it on level 2 of the Elven Halls)   

It affects your intelligence (+8).
Rods
 l - a +5 rod of clouds (9/9)
   (You found it on level 8 of the Lair of Beasts)
 y - a +5 rod of destruction (9/9)
   (You found it on level 2 of the Depths)
 D - a +0 rod of the swarm (10/10)
   (You found it on level 5 of the Lair of Beasts)
Jewellery
 i - the amulet "Tosin" {Faith rElec MR- Str+3 Int+6}
   (You took it off a deep elf conjurer on level 3 of the Elven Halls)   

[amulet of faith]

It allows you to gain divine favour quickly.
   It affects your strength (+3).
   It affects your intelligence (+6).
   It insulates you from electricity.
 x - an uncursed ring of protection from magic
 z - an uncursed amulet of resist corrosion
 A - the ring "Suesotwe" (right hand) {Fire Int+3}
   (You took it off a deep elf sorcerer on level 3 of the Elven Halls)   

[ring of fire]

It enhances your fire magic, and weakens your ice magic.
   It affects your intelligence (+3).
   It protects you from fire.
   It makes you vulnerable to cold.
 G - a +3 ring of slaying
 J - an uncursed ring of teleportation
 R - the ring of the Mage {Wiz MR++ Int+3}
   (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)   

[ring of wizardry]

It improves your spell success rate.
   It affects your intelligence (+3).
 T - the ring "Qunwaxul" (left hand) {rF+ rC+ MR+ Dex+4}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 2 of the Elven Halls)   

[ring of protection from cold]

It affects your dexterity (+4).
   It protects you from fire.
   It protects you from cold.
 X - the brooch of Shielding {Ward rN+ AC+4 EV+4}
   (You took it off a deep elf annihilator on level 3 of the Elven Halls)   

[amulet of warding]

It may prevent the melee attacks of summoned creatures.
   It affects your AC (+4).
   It affects your evasion (+4).
   It protects you from negative energy.
 Z - an amulet of resist mutation (around neck)
Wands
 m - a wand of digging (13)
 K - a wand of heal wounds (0)
 N - a wand of fire (10)
 U - a wand of hasting (2)
Scrolls
 g - 2 scrolls of silence
 q - 10 scrolls of recharging
 r - 8 scrolls of magic mapping
 H - 7 scrolls of fear
 Q - a scroll of teleportation
 S - a scroll of blinking
 Y - 7 scrolls of summoning
Potions
 k - 3 potions of flight
 o - 4 potions of cancellation
 t - a potion of resistance
 u - 15 potions of curing
 v - a potion of heal wounds
 w - 8 potions of magic
 B - 2 potions of agility
 C - 6 potions of haste
 I - 7 potions of brilliance
 W - 3 potions of invisibility
Miscellaneous
 c - the horn of Geryon (inert)
 j - a fan of gales
 O - a sack of spiders {used: 1}
 V - a lamp of fire
Comestibles
 d - 9 bread rations
 P - 10 royal jellies

Skills:
 - Level 20.0 Fighting
 - Level 9.7(13.7) Short Blades
 - Level 15.7(16.5) Long Blades
 - Level 0.2 Maces & Flails
 * Level 14.7 Armour
 - Level 15.4 Dodging
 - Level 16.4 Stealth
 - Level 15.0 Shields
 - Level 10.4 Spellcasting
 - Level 3.0 Conjurations
 - Level 20.2 Hexes
 - Level 5.4 Charms
 - Level 0.4 Summonings
 - Level 5.2 Necromancy
 - Level 2.2 Translocations
   Level 0.4 Ice Magic
 * Level 11.0 Invocations
 * Level 16.5 Evocations

You have 5 spell levels left.
You know the following spells:

Your Spells              Type           Power        Failure   Level  Hunger
a - Blink                 Tloc           N/A          1%          2    None
b - Shroud of Golubria    Chrm/Tloc      ####......   1%          2    None
c - Song of Slaying       Chrm           ####....     1%          2    None
d - Regeneration          Chrm/Necr      ####......   1%          3    None
e - Spectral Weapon       Hex/Chrm       ######..     0%          3    None
f - Discord               Hex            #######...   5%          8    #######
g - Confuse               Hex            #######.     0%          3    None
h - Tukima's Dance        Hex            #######.     0%          3    None
i - Dazzling Spray        Conj/Hex       ######..     1%          3    None
j - Conjure Flame         Conj/Fire      ####....     5%          3    None
k - Repel Missiles        Chrm/Air       ###...       1%          2    None
l - Summon Butterflies    Summ           ##......     2%          1    None
m - Animate Dead          Necr           N/A          4%          4    None
n - Stoneskin             Trmt/Erth      ##......     4%          2    None

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (15/15)            Temple (1/1) D:4            Lair (8/8) D:11
  Swamp (4/4) Lair:5       Spider (4/4) Lair:5        Slime (0/6) Lair:7
    Orc (4/4) D:10            Elf (3/3) Orc:4        Vaults (5/5) D:14
  Crypt (0/3) Vaults:2     Depths (5/5) D:15           Hell (1/1)
    Dis (0/7) Hell            Geh (0/7) Hell            Coc (0/7) Hell
    Tar (0/7) Hell            Zot (5/5) Depths:5   

Altars:
Ashenzari
Cheibriados
Dithmenos
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Gozag
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Qazlal
Ru
Xom
Yredelemnul
The Shining One
Beogh

Shops:
D:4 [   D:7 (   D:9 ?   D:13 ?   D:14 :   Orc:3 }   Orc:4 [:(:%*!***   Elf:1 %*}*(   Elf:2 =   Vaults:1 [   Vaults:3 %   Vaults:5 (

Portals:
Hell: Lair:8 Depths:1 Depths:2 Depths:3 Depths:4 Depths:5
Abyss: Depths:4
Pandemonium: Depths:2 Depths:3 Depths:4
Ziggurat: Depths:3
Trove: D:12 (lose all piety)

Annotations:
D:1 exclusion: downstairs
D:6 exclusion: downstairs
D:9 exclusion: spectral weapon
Lair:3 exclusions: downstairs and 1 more exclusion
Lair:5 exclusion: elephant
Lair:6 exclusion: black mamba
Swamp:2 fly
Swamp:3 exclusion: downstairs
Elf:2 2 runed doors

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You cannot wear boots.
Your serpentine skin is tough (AC +9).
You have supernaturally acute eyesight.
Armour fits poorly on your strangely shaped body.
Your system is resistant to poisons.
You cover ground very slowly.
You have a slow metabolism.
You can spit poison.
You can use your snake-like lower body to constrict enemies.
You occasionally shout uncontrollably at your foes.
Your spells are a little easier to cast, but a little less powerful.

Message History

You constrict the ghost moth.
You kill the ghost moth!
Okawaru accepts your kill.
Your Invocations skill increases to level 11!
You start resting.
You feel like a meek peon again.
You start resting.
You start resting.
You start resting.
You start resting.
You start resting.
You start resting.
You hear a distant "Zot"!
Magic restored.
You start resting.
All of the chunks of flesh in your inventory have rotted away.
HP restored.
You open the door.
There is an open door here.
Unknown command.

,,,*#########    #.......'..#,**+**,
,,**             #.......##.#,,,,,,,
,**              #.....[.'..#,*,*,*,
,*               ##.....##..#**,*,*,
##########*    ########.########****
......./..#*   #...............#   #
...........##  *#.............##  ##
............##  #.............#  ##.
.............#  ##..........^##  #..
.............#   #...........#   #..
.............#  ##....(......##  #..
.............#  #.............#  #..
........?..D.# ##.@...........## #..
.......^.L.X[###...............###..
............###...###########...###.
...........##....##         ##....##
X...........^..###           ###....
..##¦¦¦¦¦#¦¦¦¦¦#               #¦¦¦¦
..$......^.¦¦¦¦                 ****
,.............¦#*             ***,,,
,.....?.........**           **,,,,,
,......y..D.....,* ********* *,,,,,,
,......*........,***,,,,,,,***,,,,,,
,...............,**,,,,,,,,,**,,,,,,
,...............,*,,,,,,,,,,,*,,,,,,

There are no monsters in sight!

Vanquished Creatures
  7 orbs of fire
  5 ancient liches
  A juggernaut (Depths:5)
  Boris (Depths:3)
  Frederick (Depths:4)
  the Lernaean hydra (Swamp:4)
  Margery (Vaults:3)
  A curse toe (Zot:4)
  2 Killer Klowns
  A caustic shrike (Depths:4)
  Geryon (Hell)
  10 golden dragons
  10 tentacled monstrosities
  Jory (Depths:5)
  A bone dragon (Depths:5)
  3 electric golems
  Jorgrun (Vaults:3)
  A Brimstone Fiend (Vaults:3)
  4 liches
  10 Orb Guardians (Zot:5)
  2 quicksilver dragons
  2 deep elf blademasters (Elf:3)
  2 deep elf master archers (Elf:3)
  3 sphinxes
  7 titans
  5 death cobs
  2 thorn hunters (Swamp:3)
  Gastronok (Orc:2)
  8 tengu reavers
  Kirke (D:14)
  8 shadow dragons
  19 storm dragons
  8 draconian monks
  9 draconian knights
  A revenant (Vaults:2)
  9 fire giants
  7 frost giants
  2 draconian scorchers (Zot:3)
  9 deep elf sorcerers
  13 vault wardens
  16 large abominations
  A balrug (Depths:2)
  9 draconian shifters
  A cacodemon (Hell)
  10 ghost moths
  4 draconian zealots
  An orc warlord (Orc:3)
  26 very ugly things
  8 emperor scorpions (Spider:4)
  6 draconian annihilators
  3 spriggan defenders
  3 draconian callers
  3 reapers (Depths:5)
  3 war gargoyles
  An ophan (Abyss:3)
  10 ironheart preservers
  19 stone giants
  2 vampire knights
  Nessos (Lair:8)
  A lorocyproca (Depths:3)
  8 green draconians
  7 black draconians
  3 salamander firebrands
  9 deep elf annihilators
  3 salamander stormcallers
  6 mottled draconians
  A dire elephant (Lair:8)
  8 deep elf demonologists
  8 white draconians
  10 yellow draconians
  11 red draconians
  6 purple draconians
  2 blizzard demons
  8 ettins
  2 crystal guardians
  28 fire dragons
  18 yaktaur captains
  6 deep elf death magi
  17 ogre magi
  3 jiangshi
  Josephine (Orc:2)
  4 great orbs of eyes
  15 vault guards
  2 deep elf high priests (Elf:3)
  A green death (Hell)
  5 rakshasas
  Erolcha (D:8)
  2 great orbs of eyes (shapeshifter)
  7 entropy weavers
  A quicksilver dragon zombie (Hell)
  2 fire dragons (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  28 hydras
  Harold (Orc:3)
  A ghost crab (shapeshifter) (Vaults:2)
  A satyr (shapeshifter) (Depths:2)
  10 spriggan air magi
  22 ice dragons
  2 ghost crabs
  3 catoblepae
  A hydra (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  An anaconda (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  8 dancing weapons
  A queen ant (shapeshifter) (Vaults:4)
  An alligator (shapeshifter) (Elf:3)
  14 centaur warriors
  10 deep troll earth magi
  2 death yaks
  15 deep troll shamans
  7 tengu warriors
  9 alligators
  A thrashing horror (Abyss:3)
  3 vampire magi
  7 orc high priests
  5 spriggan berserkers
  17 deep elf knights
  Sonja (Lair:2)
  21 hell knights
  Nergalle (Lair:2)
  6 sun demons
  3 iron golems
  6 soul eaters
  4 wretched stars (Abyss:3)
  6 shadow wraiths
  6 iron trolls
  12 small abominations
  5 fire crabs
  A fire crab (shapeshifter) (Depths:4)
  An unseen horror (Vaults:1)
  An unseen horror (shapeshifter) (Depths:4)
  A salamander mystic (Depths:3)
  10 skeletal warriors
  A shadow demon (Abyss:3)
  4 ice devils (Depths:5)
  A storm dragon skeleton (Vaults:2)
  30 deep trolls
  3 flayed ghosts
  A deep troll (shapeshifter) (WizLab)
  A giant orange brain (shapeshifter) (Depths:4)
  A giant orange brain (Abyss:3)
  An anaconda zombie (Hell)
  A lindwurm (shapeshifter) (WizLab)
  A shambling mangrove (Swamp:3)
  8 swamp dragons
  2 spriggan druids
  A tengu zombie (Depths:2)
  15 deep elf summoners
  An orange crystal statue (Vaults:2)
  A golden dragon skeleton (Vaults:5)
  Pikel (D:9)
  A lindwurm (Lair:8)
  19 deep elf conjurers
  2 phantasmal warriors
  A hill giant (shapeshifter) (Depths:2)
  A wolf spider zombie (D:14)
  17 ironbrand convokers
  11 necromancers
  4 orc sorcerers
  A hornet (shapeshifter) (Depths:4)
  10 orb spiders
  5 harpies
  5 cyclopes
  3 fire giant zombies
  8 hill giants
  9 hornets
  A faun (shapeshifter) (Elf:3)
  2 sphinx zombies
  28 wolf spiders
  63 ugly things
  18 orc knights
  2 manticores (D:15)
  A stone giant zombie (Vaults:2)
  7 griffons
  A water nymph (shapeshifter) (WizLab)
  A frost giant zombie (Depths:2)
  A human zombie (Vaults:2)
  3 wizards
  A sphinx skeleton (Vaults:2)
  29 moths of wrath
  11 oklob plants (Zot:2)
  4 salamanders (Depths:4)
  A moth of wrath (shapeshifter) (Depths:2)
  4 naga magi (Depths:3)
  A glowing shapeshifter (Depths:3)
  2 sixfirhies
  10 human skeletons
  18 elephants
  11 rust devils
  A frost giant skeleton (Vaults:2)
  Maurice (D:9)
  10 black mambas
  13 vault sentinels
  A molten gargoyle (Hell)
  An elf zombie (Depths:2)
  2 ice statues (Hell)
  21 spiny frogs
  2 black mambas (shapeshifter)
  A gargoyle (D:14)
  5 orange demons
  An orc skeleton (Vaults:2)
  2 yaktaurs (shapeshifter)
  5 smoke demons
  4 efreet
  2 hellions
  2 spiny frogs (shapeshifter)
  2 kobold demonologists
  6 fire drakes
  A tormentor (Hell)
  2 komodo dragons (shapeshifter)
  5 catoblepas skeletons (Abyss:3)
  14 demonic crawlers
  5 freezing wraiths
  12 komodo dragons
  An anaconda simulacrum (Hell)
  12 deep elf priests
  61 yaktaurs
  4 red devils
  A redback zombie (D:15)
  18 two-headed ogres
  A queen bee (Lair:6)
  3 hydra zombies
  5 trolls
  4 tengu conjurers
  A queen bee (shapeshifter) (Vaults:2)
  2 polar bears (shapeshifter)
  17 jumping spiders
  A merfolk (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  3 polar bears
  An ancient zyme (Abyss:2)
  9 giant leeches
  A jumping spider (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  A wind drake (shapeshifter) (Vaults:2)
  4 blue devils (Lair:8)
  6 boulder beetles
  A blink frog (shapeshifter) (WizLab)
  A harpy zombie (D:15)
  A fire giant simulacrum (Vaults:3)
  A trapdoor spider zombie (D:11)
  8 raiju (Abyss:3)
  25 blink frogs
  8 bog bodies
  A boulder beetle (shapeshifter) (Vaults:1)
  54 slime creatures
  3 air elementals
  An ettin zombie (Hell)
  2 shadows
  A hornet zombie (D:15)
  3 water elementals
  18 trapdoor spiders
  A trapdoor spider (shapeshifter) (WizLab)
  A black mamba zombie (Hell)
  2 spriggans (shapeshifter)
  Sigmund (D:2)
  3 flying skulls (Abyss:3)
  A wyvern (D:8)
  2 yaks (shapeshifter)
  An ettin skeleton (Vaults:2)
  11 spriggans
  8 starcursed masses
  19 tarantellas
  43 redbacks
  A human (shapeshifter) (WizLab)
  39 deep elf magi
  2 ynoxinuls
  2 fire elementals (Hell)
  4 fire bats (Abyss:3)
  53 yaks
  A tarantella (shapeshifter) (Depths:4)
  A golden eye (Abyss:3)
  A wyvern (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  4 wraiths
  A hog (D:14)
  Grum (D:8)
  7 basilisks
  14 hippogriffs
  A hippogriff (shapeshifter) (WizLab)
  A golden eye (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  A black mamba skeleton (Hell)
  2 chaos spawn (Abyss:3)
  4 neqoxecs
  A basilisk (shapeshifter) (Elf:2)
  34 vampire mosquitoes
  A mottled dragon (Vaults:2)
  2 hogs (shapeshifter) (WizLab)
  2 steam dragons
  33 deep elf fighters
  11 wolves
  6 insubstantial wisps (Swamp:1)
  3 hell hounds
  An ogre zombie (Vaults:1)
  A hungry ghost (D:15)
  A hydra simulacrum (Hell)
  21 swamp worms
  25 water moccasins
  A spiny frog zombie (Hell)
  12 swamp drakes
  8 porcupines
  A mottled dragon (shapeshifter) (WizLab)
  9 wargs
  12 spiders
  3 sky beasts
  32 wasps
  62 orc warriors
  A necrophage (D:7)
  2 phantoms
  An ice beast (shapeshifter) (WizLab)
  A slave (D:9)
  A boggart (shapeshifter) (Vaults:2)
  20 centaurs
  6 ice beasts
  3 black bears (shapeshifter)
  58 ogres
  A swamp dragon zombie (Swamp:4)
  8 boggarts
  3 black bears
  5 big kobolds
  A brain worm (shapeshifter) (Depths:4)
  25 crocodiles
  An elf skeleton (Hell)
  31 giant frogs
  6 earth elementals (Abyss:3)
  A deep troll simulacrum (Vaults:1)
  3 water moccasin zombies (Ossuary)
  6 scorpions
  A spiny frog simulacrum (Hell)
  30 killer bees
  9 wights
  4 quasits
  6 electric eels
  A vampire bat (Lair:6)
  12 crimson imps
  2 giant frog zombies
  4 centaur zombies
  20 orc priests
  7 centaur skeletons
  A wasp zombie (D:10)
  Ijyb (D:2)
  30 orc wizards
  2 giant frog skeletons (D:11)
  A gnoll shaman (D:6)
  8 hounds
  Jessica (D:2)
  A jelly (D:10)
  Terence (D:3)
  14 iguanas
  2 killer bee zombies
  11 worker ants
  A boulder beetle simulacrum (Vaults:1)
  A crocodile zombie (Swamp:4)
  6 big kobold zombies (Ossuary)
  28 sheep
  A hound zombie (D:11)
  A hound skeleton (D:5)
  2 mummies (Ossuary)
  A worker ant zombie (D:1)
  3 gnolls (D:8)
  13 adders
  98 river rats
  2 white imps
  2 shadow imps
  4 giant eyeballs (WizLab)
  An ufetubus (Abyss:3)
  2 oozes
  5 adder zombies
  6 worms
  2 adder skeletons (D:8)
  16 giant geckos
  210 orcs
  11 giant cockroaches
  2 gnoll zombies (Ossuary)
  11 hobgoblins
  4 jackals
  34 kobolds
  A quokka (D:3)
  15 bats
  A giant gecko zombie (D:5)
  11 giant newts
  11 goblins
  6 hobgoblin zombies (Ossuary)
  7 kobold zombies (Ossuary)
  3 orc zombies (Ossuary)
  A quokka zombie (D:5)
  7 rats
  16 bushes (Zot:2)
  3 crawling corpses (Elf:3)
  11 fungi
  12 plants
  3 spectral weapons
3008 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (collateral kills)
  An ancient lich (Zot:5)
  2 golden dragons
  3 tentacled monstrosities
  A draconian monk (Zot:2)
  A tengu reaver (Vaults:5)
  2 storm dragons
  A shadow dragon (Depths:4)
  A frost giant (Depths:4)
  6 fire giants
  4 vault wardens
  A draconian zealot (Zot:2)
  A draconian shifter (Zot:2)
  2 draconian scorchers
  2 very ugly things
  7 ironheart preservers
  A draconian caller (Zot:3)
  3 green draconians
  A salamander stormcaller (Vaults:5)
  3 stone giants
  A deep elf demonologist (Vaults:5)
  4 slime creatures
  A black draconian (Zot:3)
  2 yellow draconians
  3 mottled draconians
  3 white draconians
  8 purple draconians
  2 red draconians
  Snorg (D:13)
  A fire dragon (Zot:3)
  A deep elf high priest (Vaults:5)
  4 yaktaur captains
  15 vault guards
  2 ettins
  4 ice dragons
  An entropy weaver (Depths:5)
  An ice dragon (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  2 ogre magi
  3 hydras
  A rakshasa (Depths:3)
  A centaur warrior (Depths:1)
  2 deep troll earth magi
  2 tengu warriors (Depths:1)
  A death yak (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  3 spriggan berserkers
  A sun demon (Hell)
  2 iron trolls (Depths:5)
  A deep troll shaman (Depths:2)
  A deep elf knight (Vaults:3)
  5 hell knights
  A salamander mystic (Depths:4)
  7 deep trolls
  An anaconda zombie (Hell)
  A fire crab (Vaults:5)
  A spriggan druid (Swamp:3)
  2 hill giants
  3 necromancers (Vaults:3)
  An orc knight (Vaults:4)
  3 ironbrand convokers
  A harpy (Vaults:4)
  A human zombie (Vaults:5)
  2 hornets
  4 orb spiders
  2 orc sorcerers
  4 ugly things
  A deep elf conjurer (Elf:1)
  5 moths of wrath
  A worldbinder (Abyss:3)
  3 vault sentinels
  A hellion (Depths:4)
  11 yaktaurs
  2 tengu conjurers
  3 jumping spiders
  A hydra zombie (Hell)
  2 freezing wraiths
  10 two-headed ogres
  4 redbacks
  An ettin zombie (Hell)
  An alligator zombie (Hell)
  5 deep elf magi
  An air elemental (Depths:4)
  A boulder beetle (shapeshifter) (Vaults:4)
  A redback (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  3 deep elf fighters (Vaults:3)
  2 spriggans (Swamp:3)
  3 vampire mosquitoes
  3 yaks
  A hell hound (Hell)
  2 wasps (Swamp:3)
  2 orc warriors
  16 ogres
  A boggart (Vaults:3)
  A crimson imp (Depths:4)
  An orc wizard (Orc:4)
  3 orc priests
  4 hell rats (Hell)
  A worker ant zombie (D:8)
  13 orcs
  2 spectral weapons
268 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (others)
  A golden dragon (Vaults:5)
  An eldritch tentacle (Zot:5)
  A tengu reaver (Depths:4)
  A fire giant (Vaults:5)
  A draconian shifter (Zot:2)
  A very ugly thing (Vaults:4)
  An ironheart preserver (Vaults:5)
  A white draconian (Zot:1)
  A black draconian (Zot:2)
  3 vault guards (Vaults:5)
  2 yaktaur captains (Vaults:5)
  A jiangshi (Depths:4)
  A deep elf high priest (Elf:3)
  An ogre mage (Vaults:4)
  A moth of wrath (Zot:5)
  An ugly thing (Vaults:4)
  3 vault sentinels
  4 yaktaurs
  A tengu conjurer (Depths:5)
  An anaconda simulacrum (Depths:3)
  A two-headed ogre (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  A freezing wraith (Hell)
  A large abomination (Abyss:3)
  A dancing weapon (D:9)
  4 humans (D:14)
  A tarantella (Spider:3)
  A deep elf mage (Elf:2)
  A neqoxec (Abyss:3)
  A fire elemental (Depths:5)
  A swamp worm (Swamp:1)
  A spiny frog zombie (Hell)
  An orc warrior (Vaults:1)
  A centaur (D:15)
  A boggart (Vaults:3)
  A giant frog (shapeshifter) (Depths:4)
  A killer bee (Lair:6)
  2 iguanas
  2 hell rats (Hell)
  A shadow imp (D:9)
  A giant gecko (Lair:1)
  An orc (D:7)
  A giant newt (Lair:1)
  A jackal (D:7)
  3 bushes
  94 eldritch tentacle segments (Zot:5)
  49 fungi
  A lurking horror (Abyss:3)
  35 plants
  41 spectral weapons
279 creatures vanquished.

Grand Total: 3555 creatures vanquished

Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
--------------------------------------------------------------
     0 | D:1      | FlightyFeet the Naga Skald began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1      | Reached XP level 1. HP: 19/19 MP: 3/3
   311 | D:1      | Reached XP level 2. HP: 24/26 MP: 0/5
   312 | D:1      | Reached skill level 1 in Dodging
   320 | D:1      | Reached skill level 1 in Stealth
   494 | D:1      | Learned a level 2 spell: Shroud of Golubria
   497 | D:1      | Learned a level 2 spell: Song of Slaying
   773 | D:1      | Reached XP level 3. HP: 32/32 MP: 6/6
  1325 | D:2      | Noticed Ijyb
  1676 | D:2      | Noticed Sigmund
  1691 | D:2      | Reached XP level 4. HP: 21/39 MP: 3/7
  1998 | D:2      | Noticed Jessica
  2019 | D:2      | Killed Jessica
  2412 | D:2      | HP: 2/58 [Sigmund/puff of flame (4)]
  2413 | D:2      | Killed Sigmund
  2413 | D:2      | Reached XP level 5. HP: 2/45 MP: 3/8
  2413 | D:2      | Reached XP level 6. HP: 2/52 MP: 3/9
  2854 | D:2      | Learned a level 3 spell: Regeneration
  3054 | D:2      | Killed Ijyb
  3991 | D:3      | Noticed Terence
  4001 | D:3      | Killed Terence
  4001 | D:3      | Reached XP level 7. HP: 60/60 MP: 4/10
  4348 | D:4      | Found a staircase to the Ecumenical Temple.
  4360 | D:4      | Found Tedeabbi's Antique Armour Shop.
  4372 | D:4      | Reached skill level 4 in Dodging
  4417 | D:4      | Reached skill level 1 in Short Blades
  4504 | D:4      | Found a sand-covered staircase.
  4510 | Ossuary  | Entered an ossuary
  4640 | Ossuary  | Reached skill level 5 in Stealth
  5035 | Ossuary  | Reached skill level 6 in Stealth
  5209 | Ossuary  | Reached skill level 7 in Stealth
  5209 | Ossuary  | Reached XP level 8. HP: 50/67 MP: 11/11
  5223 | Ossuary  | Learned a level 3 spell: Spectral Weapon
  5661 | Temple   | Entered the Ecumenical Temple
  5753 | Temple   | Became a worshipper of Warmaster Okawaru
  5872 | D:4      | Bought a runed buckler for 99 gold pieces
  6206 | D:4      | Reached skill level 1 in Shields
  6390 | D:5      | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  6489 | D:5      | Reached skill level 1 in Hexes
  6722 | D:5      | Reached skill level 5 in Charms
  6992 | D:5      | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
  7493 | D:6      | Reached * piety under Okawaru
  7587 | D:6      | Learned a level 2 spell: Ensorcelled Hibernation
  7598 | D:6      | Reached XP level 9. HP: 73/73 MP: 13/13
  8390 | D:7      | Found Vagryfaw's Antique Weapon Emporium.
  8608 | D:7      | Reached ** piety under Okawaru
  8614 | D:7      | Learned a level 3 spell: Confuse
  9273 | D:7      | Bought a runed falchion for 93 gold pieces
  9384 | D:7      | Reached skill level 5 in Dodging
 10015 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Spellcasting
 10189 | D:8      | Noticed Erolcha
 10504 | D:8      | Reached XP level 10. HP: 63/81 MP: 18/18
 10622 | D:8      | Killed Erolcha
 10622 | D:8      | Reached *** piety under Okawaru
 10622 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Hexes
 10627 | D:8      | Learned a level 3 spell: Tukima's Dance
 10631 | D:8      | Learned a level 3 spell: Dazzling Spray
 10941 | D:8      | Noticed Grum
 10947 | D:8      | Killed Grum
 11303 | D:8      | Reached **** piety under Okawaru
 11641 | D:9      | Found Xitoi's Magic Scroll Boutique.
 11659 | D:9      | Bought a scroll of teleportation for 36 gold pieces
 11659 | D:9      | Bought a scroll of fear for 42 gold pieces
 11767 | D:9      | Noticed Maurice
 11777 | D:9      | Killed Maurice
 11934 | D:9      | Found an ancient bone altar of Kikubaaqudgha.
 11940 | D:9      | Found a shattered altar of Ashenzari.
 11942 | D:9      | Found a shadowy altar of Dithmenos.
 11943 | D:9      | Found a shimmering altar of Xom.
 11943 | D:9      | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
 11943 | D:9      | Found a sacrificial altar of Ru.
 12165 | D:9      | Noticed Pikel
 12204 | D:9      | Killed Pikel
 12204 | D:9      | Reached skill level 8 in Hexes
 12530 | D:9      | Reached XP level 11. HP: 93/93 MP: 20/20
 12654 | D:10     | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
 12729 | D:10     | Reached skill level 5 in Fighting
 12744 | D:10     | Reached skill level 1 in Invocations
 12831 | D:10     | Reached ***** piety under Okawaru
 12831 | D:10     | Reached skill level 5 in Short Blades
 13012 | D:10     | Received a gift from Okawaru
 13049 | D:10     | Noticed a hill giant
 13081 | D:9      | Killed a hill giant
 13505 | D:10     | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
 13993 | D:10     | Found a staircase to the Orcish Mines.
 14063 | D:10     | Found a sacrificial altar of Ru.
 14384 | D:11     | Noticed a hill giant
 14395 | D:11     | Killed a hill giant
 14875 | D:11     | Noticed a hill giant
 14966 | D:11     | Found a staircase to the Lair.
 15013 | D:11     | Noticed a hill giant
 15025 | D:11     | Killed a hill giant
 15189 | D:11     | Killed a hill giant
 15314 | D:11     | Noticed a four-headed hydra
 15372 | D:11     | Received a gift from Okawaru
 15372 | D:11     | Reached skill level 9 in Stealth
 15881 | Lair:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
 16176 | Lair:1   | Reached skill level 10 in Stealth
 16647 | Lair:1   | Reached XP level 12. HP: 81/111 MP: 14/21
 17641 | Lair:1   | Reached skill level 11 in Stealth
 17920 | Lair:2   | Noticed Sonja
 17930 | Lair:2   | Killed Sonja
 18271 | Lair:2   | Reached skill level 10 in Hexes
 18805 | Lair:2   | Noticed Nergalle
 18809 | Lair:2   | Killed Nergalle
 18809 | Lair:2   | Reached skill level 1 in Evocations
 20162 | Lair:3   | Received a gift from Okawaru
 20523 | Lair:3   | Gained mutation: You can use your snake-like lower body to constrict enemies. [Naga growth]
 20523 | Lair:3   | Reached XP level 13. HP: 104/118 MP: 13/22
 21266 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 1 in Armour
 22487 | Lair:5   | Identified a -1 rod of the swarm (9/9) (You found it on level 5 of the Lair of Beasts)
 22512 | Lair:5   | Found a staircase to the Swamp.
 23361 | Lair:5   | Found a hole to the Spider Nest.
 24573 | Lair:6   | Reached ****** piety under Okawaru
 25061 | Lair:5   | Received a gift from Okawaru
 25329 | Lair:5   | HP: 5/118 [14-headed hydra (1)]
 25742 | Lair:6   | Reached skill level 5 in Armour
 25847 | Lair:6   | Reached skill level 5 in Evocations
 26605 | Lair:6   | Reached XP level 14. HP: 115/127 MP: 10/23
 27446 | Lair:6   | Received a gift from Okawaru
 28135 | Lair:7   | Reached skill level 5 in Long Blades
 28175 | Lair:7   | Found a staircase to the Slime Pits.
 28745 | Lair:7   | Gained mutation: You are partially covered in yellow scales (AC +2). [potion of beneficial mutation]
 28926 | Lair:8   | Entered Level 8 of the Lair of Beasts
 29209 | Lair:8   | Received a gift from Okawaru
 29575 | Lair:8   | Received a gift from Okawaru
 30090 | Lair:8   | Noticed Nessos
 30486 | Lair:8   | Killed Nessos
 30961 | Lair:8   | Received a gift from Okawaru
 30991 | Lair:8   | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
 31301 | Lair:8   | Found a gateway to Hell.
 31316 | Lair:8   | Identified a +5 rod of clouds (9/9) (You found it on level 8 of the Lair of Beasts)
 31383 | Lair:8   | Reached XP level 15. HP: 134/134 MP: 24/24
 32224 | D:11     | Killed a four-headed hydra
 32224 | D:11     | Received a gift from Okawaru
 32417 | Orc:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Orcish Mines
 32519 | Orc:2    | Noticed Gastronok
 32993 | Orc:2    | Killed Gastronok
 32999 | Orc:2    | Noticed Josephine
 33011 | Orc:2    | Noticed Harold
 33024 | Orc:3    | Killed Harold
 34160 | D:10     | Got an ichor-stained quick blade {god gift}
 34161 | D:10     | Identified the +8 quick blade of Wyrd {pain, +Inv rElec Stlth+} (Okawaru gifted it to you on level 10 of the Dungeon)
 34228 | Orc:2    | Killed Josephine
 34249 | Orc:2    | Reached skill level 5 in Shields
 34596 | Orc:3    | Found Koupp's Gadget Boutique.
 35185 | Orc:4    | Entered Level 4 of the Orcish Mines
 35185 | Orc:4    | Found Gymonudi's Antique Weapon Boutique.
 35357 | Orc:4    | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 35736 | Orc:4    | Found Hoyps's Book Boutique.
 36042 | Orc:4    | Found Hasack's Antique Armour Boutique.
 36052 | Orc:4    | Reached skill level 10 in Long Blades
 36480 | Orc:4    | Found Tyn Xae's Food Boutique.
 36482 | Orc:4    | Found a staircase to the Elven Halls.
 36483 | Orc:4    | Found Yxopox's Book Emporium.
 36485 | Orc:4    | Found Zasiaw Puots's General Store.
 36624 | Orc:4    | Bought a book of Minor Magic for 260 gold pieces
 36627 | Orc:4    | Learned a level 2 spell: Blink
 36631 | Orc:4    | Learned a level 3 spell: Conjure Flame
 36692 | Orc:4    | Bought a faintly glowing scale mail for 243 gold pieces
 36702 | Orc:4    | Identified the +1 scale mail of the Nightingale {*Corrode MR+++ Int+4} (You bought it in a shop on level 4 of the Orcish Mines)
 36824 | Orc:4    | Bought a scroll of fear for 45 gold pieces
 36826 | Orc:4    | Found Hiddoun's General Store.
 36842 | Orc:4    | Bought a potion of haste for 180 gold pieces
 36842 | Orc:4    | Bought a scroll of fog for 36 gold pieces
 36875 | Orc:4    | Found Filoz's Fabulous Fripperies.
 36906 | Orc:4    | Bought a scroll of fog for 24 gold pieces
 36906 | Orc:4    | Bought a fan of gales for 480 gold pieces
 36960 | Orc:4    | Found Nunoag's Distillery.
 36963 | Orc:4    | Found Ciohajy's Assorted Antiques.
 36968 | Orc:4    | Bought 2 potions of curing for 96 gold pieces
 36981 | Orc:4    | Bought a sedimented puce potion for 27 gold pieces
 36981 | Orc:4    | Bought a scroll of magic mapping for 108 gold pieces
 37014 | Orc:4    | Bought a scroll of identify for 26 gold pieces
 37170 | Elf:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Elven Halls
 37366 | Elf:1    | Found Koixahe's Antique Weapon Emporium.
 37374 | Elf:1    | Received a gift from Okawaru
 37451 | Elf:1    | Reached skill level 1 in Translocations
 37837 | Elf:1    | Reached XP level 16. HP: 111/141 MP: 25/25
 37863 | Elf:1    | Found Kona's Food Shop.
 37915 | Elf:1    | Found Rupnuwn's Assorted Antiques.
 37918 | Elf:1    | Bought a scroll of teleportation for 93 gold pieces
 37918 | Elf:1    | Bought a scroll labeled JEOTEF VAA for 31 gold pieces
 37918 | Elf:1    | Bought a scroll labeled XOUFECA GYUNG for 31 gold pieces
 37918 | Elf:1    | Bought a scroll of identify for 62 gold pieces
 38024 | Elf:1    | Learned a level 2 spell: Repel Missiles
 38029 | Elf:1    | Found Impey's General Store.
 38037 | Elf:1    | Bought a potion of curing for 30 gold pieces
 38037 | Elf:1    | Bought a scroll of teleportation for 30 gold pieces
 38069 | Elf:1    | Noticed a Hell Sentinel
 38191 | Elf:1    | Identified a scroll of acquirement
 38192 | Elf:1    | Got a dazzling hat
 38203 | Elf:1    | Identified the +0 hat of Emijoqea {rPois rF+ MR+++ Str-3} (You acquired it on level 1 of the Elven Halls)
 38254 | Elf:1    | Found Detrusod's Gadget Shop.
 39235 | D:12     | Found a portal to a secret trove of treasure.
 39515 | D:13     | Received a gift from Okawaru
 39845 | D:13     | Found Zoskell's Magic Scroll Boutique.
 39851 | D:13     | Noticed Snorg
 39853 | D:13     | Bought a scroll of teleportation for 48 gold pieces
 39869 | D:13     | Killed Snorg
 40544 | D:14     | Reached skill level 12 in Long Blades
 40624 | D:14     | Noticed Kirke
 40632 | D:14     | Killed Kirke
 40716 | D:14     | Found Kainkomn's Book Emporium.
 40803 | D:14     | Found a gate to the Vaults.
 41129 | D:15     | Entered Level 15 of the Dungeon
 41467 | D:14     | Reached skill level 13 in Long Blades
 41667 | D:15     | Found a staircase to the Depths.
 41853 | D:15     | Reached skill level 1 in Conjurations
 42172 | D:15     | Found a blossoming altar of Fedhas.
 42613 | Spider:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Spider Nest
 43955 | Spider:2 | Reached XP level 17. HP: 125/151 MP: 26/26
 44474 | Spider:2 | Learned a level 1 spell: Summon Butterflies
 44507 | Spider:2 | Received a gift from Okawaru
 45901 | Spider:4 | Entered Level 4 of the Spider Nest
 46106 | Spider:4 | Received a gift from Okawaru
 46347 | Spider:4 | Received a gift from Okawaru
 46347 | Spider:4 | Reached skill level 10 in Fighting
 48365 | Spider:4 | Received a gift from Okawaru
 48957 | Spider:4 | Got a gossamer rune of Zot
 49219 | Swamp:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Swamp
 49228 | Lair:5   | Reached XP level 18. HP: 159/163 MP: 30/30
 49923 | Swamp:1  | Received a gift from Okawaru
 49932 | Swamp:1  | Got a distressingly furry hat {god gift}
 49938 | Swamp:1  | Identified the +2 hat of the Tundras {rC+ Str+2 Int-2 Dex+5} (Okawaru gifted it to you on level 1 of the Swamp)
 50976 | Swamp:2  | Reached skill level 10 in Shields
 53258 | Swamp:4  | Entered Level 4 of the Swamp
 54273 | Swamp:4  | Noticed the 27-headed Lernaean hydra
 55651 | Swamp:4  | Killed the 27-headed Lernaean hydra
 55671 | Swamp:4  | Got a decaying rune of Zot
 55897 | Swamp:4  | Learned a level 4 spell: Animate Dead
 56322 | Swamp:4  | Reached XP level 19. HP: 169/177 MP: 31/31
 56666 | Swamp:1  | Received a gift from Okawaru
 57149 | Elf:2    | Got a pair of shimmering gloves
 57155 | Elf:2    | Identified the +0 pair of gloves "Nuaseh" {Int+8} (You found it on level 2 of the Elven Halls)
 57214 | Elf:2    | Found Xaluet's Jewellery Shoppe.
 57426 | Elf:2    | Bought the ring "Qunwaxul" {rF+ rC+ MR+ Dex+4} for 795 gold pieces
 57985 | Elf:2    | Found a runed door.
 58010 | Elf:2    | Found a runed door.
 58054 | Elf:3    | Entered Level 3 of the Elven Halls
 59668 | Elf:3    | Got a steaming leather armour
 59708 | Elf:3    | Identified the cursed +0 leather armour of Fortitude {rN+ Str+2 Dex-4} (You took it off a deep elf sorcerer on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 59837 | Elf:3    | Reached skill level 14 in Fighting
 59967 | Elf:3    | Received a gift from Okawaru
 60009 | Elf:3    | Identified a +3 rod of the swarm (10/10) (You took it off a deep elf priest on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 60066 | Elf:3    | Got a pitted copper ring
 60067 | Elf:3    | Identified the ring "Suesotwe" {Fire Int+3} (You took it off a deep elf sorcerer on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 60071 | Elf:3    | Got a slimy buckler
 60083 | Elf:3    | Identified the +6 buckler "Voant" {Str-4 Dex+4 Stlth+} (You took it off a deep elf conjurer on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 60162 | Elf:3    | Got a heavily runed steel amulet
 60341 | Elf:3    | Identified the amulet "Tosin" {Faith rElec MR- Str+3 Int+6} (You took it off a deep elf conjurer on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 60350 | Elf:3    | Got a spiked hat {god gift}
 60361 | Elf:3    | Identified the +0 hat of Sin {rC+ Str+6 Int+2} (Okawaru gifted it to you on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 61466 | Elf:3    | Reached XP level 20. HP: 168/193 MP: 32/32
 61642 | Elf:3    | Reached skill level 10 in Evocations
 61707 | Elf:3    | Reached skill level 15 in Fighting
 61790 | Elf:3    | Identified Ulyluzia's Grimoire of Congealing Confrontation (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 61850 | Elf:3    | Identified the Papyrus of Flamy Attacks (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 61874 | Elf:3    | Learned a level 2 spell: Stoneskin
 62229 | Elf:3    | Got an amethyst-encrusted leather armour
 62240 | Elf:3    | Identified the +1 leather armour of Grace {rF+} (You took it off a deep elf conjurer on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 62702 | Vaults:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Vaults
 63034 | Vaults:1 | Found Jigub's Antique Armour Shoppe.
 63056 | Vaults:1 | Bought a faintly humming cloak for 370 gold pieces
 63070 | Vaults:1 | Identified the +1 cloak of Uradoesm {rC+} (You bought it in a shop on level 1 of the Vaults)
 63991 | Vaults:1 | Identified the Volume of Augmentations (You found it on level 1 of the Vaults)
 64561 | Vaults:2 | Received a gift from Okawaru
 64615 | Vaults:2 | Reached skill level 5 in Invocations
 64736 | Vaults:2 | Reached skill level 16 in Fighting
 65273 | Vaults:2 | Found a staircase to the Crypt.
 66123 | Vaults:3 | Found Rezylo's Food Emporium.
 66153 | Vaults:3 | Received a gift from Okawaru
 66164 | Vaults:3 | Reached XP level 21. HP: 206/206 MP: 33/33
 66173 | Vaults:3 | Got a twisted hat {god gift}
 66179 | Vaults:3 | Identified the +0 hat "Adwamiag" {+Inv Dex+4} (Okawaru gifted it to you on level 3 of the Vaults)
 66531 | Vaults:3 | Noticed Jorgrun
 66536 | Vaults:3 | Killed Jorgrun
 67036 | Vaults:3 | Noticed Margery
 67116 | Vaults:3 | Reached skill level 17 in Fighting
 67438 | Vaults:3 | Reached skill level 1 in Necromancy
 67513 | Vaults:3 | Killed Margery
 68148 | Vaults:3 | Received a gift from Okawaru
 69338 | Vaults:4 | Received a gift from Okawaru
 69364 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 5 in Necromancy
 69648 | D:14     | Bought a book of Enchantments for 900 gold pieces
 69820 | D:9      | Bought 3 scrolls of enchant armour for 270 gold pieces
 70240 | Vaults:4 | Reached XP level 22. HP: 195/217 MP: 34/34
 70250 | Vaults:4 | Received a gift from Okawaru
 70274 | Vaults:4 | Got a bloodstained scale mail {god gift}
 70280 | Vaults:4 | Identified the +9 scale mail of Afeicam {*Contam Str+6} (Okawaru gifted it to you on level 4 of the Vaults)
 70938 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 10 in Spellcasting
 71578 | D:14     | Learned a level 8 spell: Discord
 71649 | Depths:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Depths
 72113 | Depths:1 | Found a sparkling altar of Nemelex Xobeh.
 73154 | Depths:2 | Found a one-way gate leading to the halls of Pandemonium.
 73187 | Depths:2 | Found a magical portal.
 73192 | WizLab   | Entered Cigotuvi's Fleshworks
 73493 | WizLab   | Identified Cigotuvi's Compendium of Necromancy and Moulding
 73502 | WizLab   | Identified the Grimoire of Venomous Transmigration
 73506 | WizLab   | Identified the Catalogue of Cankerous Transformation
 73665 | WizLab   | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 2 turns
 73717 | WizLab   | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 3 turns
 73735 | WizLab   | Reached skill level 15 in Hexes
 73784 | WizLab   | Received a gift from Okawaru
 73819 | WizLab   | Gained mutation: You have sharp fingernails. [potion of beneficial mutation]
 73822 | WizLab   | Gained mutation: You are partially covered in rugged brown scales (AC +1, +3% HP). [potion of beneficial mutation]
 73828 | WizLab   | Gained mutation: Your muscles are strong. (Str +2) [potion of beneficial mutation]
 73834 | WizLab   | Gained mutation: You have a pair of small antennae on your head. [potion of beneficial mutation]
 73842 | WizLab   | Lost mutation: You are partially covered in rugged brown scales (AC +1, +3% HP). [potion of cure mutation]
 73842 | WizLab   | Lost mutation: You are partially covered in yellow scales (AC +2). [potion of cure mutation]
 73842 | WizLab   | Lost mutation: Your muscles are strong. (Str +2) [potion of cure mutation]
 73842 | WizLab   | Lost mutation: You have a pair of small antennae on your head. [potion of cure mutation]
 73842 | WizLab   | Lost mutation: You have sharp fingernails. [potion of cure mutation]
 74797 | Depths:2 | Received a gift from Okawaru
 75110 | Depths:2 | Reached XP level 23. HP: 224/224 MP: 37/37
 75180 | Depths:2 | Identified a +5 rod of destruction (9/9) (You found it on level 2 of the Depths)
 75206 | Depths:2 | Identified the Compendium of Confrontation (You found it on level 2 of the Depths)
 75209 | Depths:2 | Identified Bicusac's Guide on Shifting Confrontation (You found it on level 2 of the Depths)
 75672 | Depths:2 | Received a gift from Okawaru
 75897 | Depths:3 | Noticed an ancient lich
 75909 | Depths:3 | Killed an ancient lich
 76580 | Depths:3 | Identified the Reference Book on Necromancy (You found it on level 3 of the Depths)
 76772 | Depths:3 | Reached skill level 18 in Hexes
 77687 | Depths:3 | Found a gateway to a ziggurat.
 77727 | Depths:3 | Reached skill level 10 in Armour
 78095 | Depths:3 | Received a gift from Okawaru
 78577 | Depths:4 | Noticed Frederick
 78587 | Depths:4 | Killed Frederick
 78587 | Depths:4 | Reached skill level 10 in Dodging
 78949 | Depths:4 | Received a gift from Okawaru
 79342 | Depths:4 | Reached XP level 24. HP: 214/234 MP: 37/37
 79517 | Depths:4 | Received a gift from Okawaru
 79995 | Depths:4 | Reached skill level 15 in Stealth
 80111 | Depths:4 | Found a one-way gate to the infinite horrors of the Abyss.
 80589 | Depths:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Depths
 80674 | Depths:5 | Got an encrusted ring mail
 80696 | Depths:4 | Identified the +0 ring mail "Sazxonun" {rPois rF- MP+9 SInv} (You acquired it on level 5 of the Depths)
 81411 | Depths:4 | Received a gift from Okawaru
 81716 | Depths:5 | Found a gate to the Realm of Zot.
 81756 | Depths:5 | Noticed Jory
 81766 | Depths:5 | Killed Jory
 83218 | Depths:4 | Voluntarily entered the Abyss.
 83391 | Abyss:3  | Found a corrupted altar of Lugonu.
 83465 | Abyss:3  | Found an iron altar of Okawaru.
 83587 | Abyss:3  | Found a corrupted altar of Lugonu.
 83745 | Abyss:3  | Reached XP level 25. HP: 108/192 MP: 33/33
 83800 | Abyss:3  | Paralysed by accursed screaming for 1 turns
 84853 | Abyss:3  | Received a gift from Okawaru
 84957 | Abyss:3  | Got an abyssal rune of Zot
 85025 | Abyss:3  | Found a corrupted altar of Lugonu.
 85180 | Depths:4 | Escaped the Abyss
 85647 | Zot:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Realm of Zot
 86245 | Zot:1    | Identified the Handbook of Nocuous Conjuration
 86627 | Zot:1    | Received a gift from Okawaru
 87834 | Zot:2    | Received a gift from Okawaru
 88057 | Zot:2    | Received a gift from Okawaru
 90020 | Zot:1    | Reached XP level 26. HP: 249/249 MP: 37/37
 90174 | Depths:3 | Noticed Boris
 90184 | Depths:3 | Killed Boris
 90617 | Vaults:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Vaults
 90681 | Vaults:5 | Reached skill level 15 in Dodging
 91266 | Vaults:5 | Received a gift from Okawaru
 92802 | Vaults:4 | Received a gift from Okawaru
 92912 | Vaults:5 | Found Zasoluof's Weapon Emporium.
 93012 | Vaults:5 | Got a silver rune of Zot
 93130 | Vaults:5 | Got a shimmering ruby amulet
 93132 | Vaults:5 | Identified the amulet "Cunum" {+Fly rC+ MR- Regen+} (You took it off a deep elf death mage on level 5 of the Vaults)
 93731 | Vaults:5 | Got a faintly glowing scale mail
 93737 | Vaults:5 | Identified the +6 scale mail of the Forgotten Souls {-Tele rPois rN+ MR-} (You took it off a vault warden on level 5 of the Vaults)
 95397 | Orc:4    | Reached XP level 27. HP: 260/260 MP: 37/37
 95639 | Depths:2 | Received a gift from Okawaru
 96076 | Zot:3    | Gained mutation: You are occasionally teleported next to monsters. [an orb of fire]
 96077 | Zot:3    | Noticed an orb of fire
 96121 | Zot:3    | Killed an orb of fire
 96975 | Zot:3    | Reached skill level 19 in Hexes
 97771 | Hell     | Entered the Vestibule of Hell
 97771 | Hell     | Noticed Geryon
 98069 | Hell     | Found a gateway to the freezing wastes of Cocytus.
 98123 | Hell     | Received a gift from Okawaru
 99822 | Depths:5 | Reached skill level 15 in Long Blades
 99930 | Depths:5 | Noticed a juggernaut
100435 | Depths:5 | Killed a juggernaut
100916 | Hell     | Killed Geryon
101269 | Hell     | Found a gateway to the Iron City of Dis.
101346 | Hell     | Found a gateway to the ashen valley of Gehenna.
101372 | Hell     | Gained mutation: You are weak. (Str -2) [a cacodemon]
101489 | Hell     | Found a gateway to the decaying netherworld of Tartarus.
102068 | Zot:4    | Received a gift from Okawaru
104050 | Zot:4    | Reached skill level 15 in Evocations
104057 | Zot:4    | Received a gift from Okawaru
105096 | Zot:5    | Entered Level 5 of the Realm of Zot
105479 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
105489 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
105489 | Zot:5    | Received a gift from Okawaru
105506 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
105530 | Zot:5    | Reached skill level 20 in Hexes
105581 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
105591 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
105592 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
105598 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
105608 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
106182 | Zot:5    | HP: 10/267 [orb of fire/fireball (16)]
106825 | Depths:2 | Lost mutation: You are weak. (Str -2) [potion of cure mutation]
106825 | Depths:2 | Lost mutation: You are occasionally teleported next to monsters. [potion of cure mutation]
107266 | Zot:4    | Killed an orb of fire
107266 | Zot:4    | Reached skill level 15 in Shields
107733 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
107753 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
107882 | Zot:3    | Killed an orb of fire
108283 | Zot:4    | Killed an ancient lich
108447 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
108470 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
108496 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
108516 | Zot:5    | Received a gift from Okawaru
108521 | Zot:5    | Reached skill level 10 in Invocations
108675 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
108677 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: Your spells are a little easier to cast, but a little less powerful. [an orb of fire]
108701 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: You occasionally shout uncontrollably at your foes. [an orb of fire]
108702 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
108737 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
108759 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
108768 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
108788 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire

Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 | 13-15 | 16-18 | 19-21 | 22-24 | 25-27 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------++-------
Melee: Falchion          |   108 |   120 |    22 |   210 |       |       |       |       |       ||   460
       Dagger            |       |    45 |   389 |   689 |   711 |       |       |       |       ||  1834
       Mace              |       |       |   156 |       |       |       |       |       |       ||   156
       Demon blade       |       |       |       |       |   930 |  1294 |  1528 |  1563 |  2822 ||  8137
       Quick blade       |       |       |       |       |    18 |   235 |    54 |    76 |    74 ||   457
       Rod               |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    24 ||    24
 Fire: Blowgun           |       |       |       |       |     6 |       |       |     1 |       ||     7
Throw: Stone             |     1 |     4 |     2 |       |       |       |       |       |       ||     7
       Tomahawk          |       |       |     1 |       |       |       |    10 |       |       ||    11
 Cast: Infusion          |    14 |    16 |    14 |     1 |       |       |       |       |       ||    45
       Shroud of Golubri |     1 |     5 |     5 |     9 |    27 |    10 |     5 |     4 |     7 ||    73
       Song of Slaying   |     1 |       |       |     1 |     1 |       |       |       |     1 ||     4
       Regeneration      |       |     2 |       |     3 |    24 |    15 |    14 |     9 |    38 ||   105
       Ensorcelled Hiber |       |       |     8 |    21 |     8 |     3 |     2 |       |       ||    42
       Confuse           |       |       |     7 |    61 |    92 |    66 |    12 |     6 |     7 ||   251
       Spectral Weapon   |       |       |     6 |    42 |    85 |    45 |    22 |    17 |    43 ||   260
       Tukima's Dance    |       |       |       |    13 |     1 |     4 |    19 |     9 |     2 ||    48
       Dazzling Spray    |       |       |       |    15 |    61 |    50 |    31 |    17 |    11 ||   185
       Blink             |       |       |       |       |       |    75 |     6 |     8 |    54 ||   143
       Conjure Flame     |       |       |       |       |       |    56 |    10 |    12 |    12 ||    90
       Repel Missiles    |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |     5 |     3 |     4 ||    14
       Summon Butterflie |       |       |       |       |       |     4 |     1 |       |    10 ||    15
       Stoneskin         |       |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |     4 |     7 ||    13
       Animate Dead      |       |       |       |       |       |       |    18 |    86 |    69 ||   173
       Discord           |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     5 |    18 ||    23
Invok: Heroism           |       |       |     1 |     1 |     7 |     4 |     5 |     6 |    14 ||    38
       Finesse           |       |       |       |       |     1 |     1 |       |     1 |     6 ||     9
 Abil: Spit Poison       |    11 |    15 |    26 |    22 |     8 |     2 |       |       |       ||    84
       Evoke Invisibilit |       |       |       |       |    10 |     1 |     2 |     2 |     2 ||    17
       Evoke Teleportati |       |       |       |       |       |       |     5 |     3 |     7 ||    15
Evoke: Wand              |       |     1 |       |     1 |     3 |     3 |       |     1 |    13 ||    22
       Rod               |       |       |       |       |    40 |    38 |    51 |    51 |    74 ||   254
       Fan of gales      |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |     1 |       |     2 ||     6
       Sack of spiders   |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |       ||     1
       Lamp of fire      |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |     1 ||     2
       Phantom mirror    |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     2 ||     2
       Horn of Geryon    |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     4 ||     4
  Use: Scroll            |     3 |     2 |    11 |     3 |    24 |    20 |    10 |     8 |    16 ||    97
       Potion            |       |     4 |       |     2 |     7 |    17 |     1 |    11 |    17 ||    59
 Stab: Invisible         |       |     1 |       |     2 |    23 |     6 |     4 |       |     2 ||    38
       Sleeping          |       |     2 |    25 |    36 |    27 |    24 |    26 |    39 |    13 ||   192
       Confused          |       |       |     4 |    36 |    35 |    30 |     9 |     8 |     4 ||   126
       Distracted        |       |       |     1 |     5 |     7 |    16 |     9 |    18 |    38 ||    94
       Petrified         |       |       |       |       |     4 |       |       |       |       ||     4
  Eat: Chunk             |     2 |     5 |    18 |    30 |    54 |    48 |    33 |    19 |    40 ||   249
       Bread ration      |       |     1 |       |       |     1 |       |     2 |     5 |     9 ||    18
       Pizza             |       |       |     1 |       |     1 |     1 |     1 |       |       ||     4
       Meat ration       |       |       |       |     1 |     4 |     2 |     2 |     3 |     4 ||    16
       Fruit             |       |       |       |       |     1 |     1 |     1 |     2 |       ||     5
       Beef jerky        |       |       |       |       |       |     5 |     1 |     1 |     2 ||     9
       Royal jelly       |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |     3 |     3 |     5 ||    13

I made it to Zot with a death knight, but that was a while ago. :D

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 00:34

Picking Int on a char like that is a, well, questionable decision.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 00:41

Not really, it's casting spells.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 07:24

You think higher power on Hexes is worth the loss of EV in early game?

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 07:39

sanka wrote:I think that your problem is that mushrooms need some good tactic to use them.
The restriction on mushroom mobility feels inconvenient rather than meaningful. Does this probably mean I'm bad with allies or something?

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 17:41

Naga Artificer is the way to go.

You're a naga. You need to survive the first couple levels. Wands will let you survive the first couple levels.

You are a crazy killer badass murderball of deathalysis until your wands run out. Use 'em liberally and freely and they'll keep you alive through the first dungeon levels and then... eh.. hopefully you'll have found something else to killdudes with. If you don't get good book or weapon drops (and Nagas can adapt to anything, so be flexible) artificer transitions well into stealthy stabber, which trivializes SOME of the fights and lets you avoid orc packs/centaurs/Grinder etc. quite a lot of the time.

Artificers have the highest win percentage of ANY starting background on crawl.akrasiac.org, but nobody ever talks about 'em as being one of the best starts. I honestly think it's cause they have a confusing/non-intuitive name.

For this message the author Reptisaurus has received thanks:
Rokirem

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 19:29

Going to try out Naga Artificer for sure. I refuse to give up on these guys, they look so cool!

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 20:03

And try to pick a God that can help you kill stuff at 1 star piety - Fedhas, Trog, Nemlex, Yred, maaaaaaybe Gozag or Mahkleb. I really like Okawaru for Nagas because he gifts naga bardings. But, really, grab the first God that will increase short term survivability.

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 25th May 2016, 20:12

HardboiledGargoyle wrote:The restriction on mushroom mobility feels inconvenient rather than meaningful.

IMO the restriction is a convenience, in that it forces them to behave predictably in combat so you can position yourself accordingly. I suppose it is inconvenient in the sense that you are forced to lure monsters and if you have the ability to break LOS before engaging a monster you are encouraged to make the shrooms configure themselves 'optimally,' but usually this doesn't matter. They also can't flee combat, which I suppose could be considered either inconvenient or meaningful, depending on your outlook (it doesn't matter much; it's just a minor incentive to win semi-dangerous fights rather than fleeing and resetting them).

Barkeep

Post Thursday, 26th May 2016, 13:48

amaril wrote:IMO the restriction is a convenience, in that it forces them to behave predictably in combat so you can position yourself accordingly. I suppose it is inconvenient in the sense that you are forced to lure monsters

On the other hand, one of the nice things about Fedhas is that shrooms teach you to lure mercilessly, which is important anyhow.

But yeah: early game nagas are kind of terrible. Pick a good background and a good god. Do train some stealth, you're very good at it and leaving Sigmund or Grinder or some gnolls napping peacefully can save your character.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Thursday, 26th May 2016, 13:56

njvack wrote:
amaril wrote:IMO the restriction is a convenience, in that it forces them to behave predictably in combat so you can position yourself accordingly. I suppose it is inconvenient in the sense that you are forced to lure monsters

On the other hand, one of the nice things about Fedhas is that shrooms teach you to lure mercilessly, which is important anyhow.

In this case, 'mercilessly' should be interpreted as "shrooms get to whack monsters for free several times before you stop to melee". You learn to exploit the AI when you take up Fedhas.

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 26th May 2016, 18:00

Okay, so I finally got a Naga to work by choosing the Venom Mage background, I am currently on Lair:5.
http://pastebin.com/Kb2ERaTM
I have gotten a book of fire, and have been using Mephitic Cloud/Ignite Poison to do most of my bidding, I have never really played a magic character in DC:SS so hopefully I am doing well. Please tell me what you think and give some suggestions.

Barkeep

Post Thursday, 26th May 2016, 20:36

Careful, note that mephitic cloud is pretty loud and will invite the boys to the yard. You can do damage more quietly (and, I think, quickly) by poisoning dudes and then casting ignite poison on them. Even a few stings or venom bolts + ignite can do a bunch of damage to dudes. Careful not to roast your shrooms.

For direct damage for low MP cost, battlesphere + cheap conjuration is good.

If you find Poisonous Cloud or Poison Arrow, they're great and you should learn them.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 26th May 2016, 22:13

No shield generated yet? That's too bad. IMO get more Fighting, it's cheap for Nagas and the returns are great.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 27th May 2016, 05:47

Just got a buckler and shield in Snake Pits:1, can I use a regular shield without magic penalty since I am a large creature?

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 27th May 2016, 05:51

You have a wide variety of skills at low levels.

Pick 4 offensive skills and get them to 15 first. min delay for that sword. long sword, conjuration, poison, stealth.
Then do the same thing for 4 defensive skills. Fighting, dodging, shields, invocations.

Turn skills off when they reach the goal.

Rinse and repeat to 20, then 27.

Poison can be swapped for Fire or Earth at any time. Earth seems more useful, and ignite poison is always great. So train your Transmutation to up it's spell power some more.

Stealth and Invocations will keep you alive when you need to be somewhere else, and can also be used offensively to destroy your foes quite well. I do not recommend neglecting Stealth or Invocations.

Regen will help you if fedhas allows, it's better than that amulet. Those earth spells might be better than the fire spells later on.

large creatures need 5/10/15 skill levels for buckler/shield/large shield respectively. don't remember how much it hinders succes for casting, but you reall, really want a shield in due time.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 27th May 2016, 06:46

There is nothing special about skill levels 15 and 20 so there's no point to set them as targets. The last skill levels are very expensive, so training a skill to 27 is not usually worth it. When you train Dodging, the right time to stop is when you have just gained a point of EV. Min delay (14) is the target for the sword, yes. Fighting to maybe 10 or 12 first, more later when the weapon is at min delay. Train spell skills only when you want to improve your casting success. Invocations is good with Fedhas.

TonberryJam wrote:large creatures need 5/10/15 skill levels for buckler/shield/large shield respectively.

IIRC it is 3/9/15 for nagas. Don't train Shields more than that.

When you find a helmet, train 4.4 levels of Armour skill for 1 point of extra AC (this is low priority). Train a few levels of Evocations at some point to improve your wands and then more when you find some misc evokables.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 27th May 2016, 07:22

You can just examine a shield in-game and the game will tell you how much shield skill you need to eliminate penalties. I suggest doing this, because those numbers are less likely to be wrong than other numbers.

For this message the author crate has received thanks:
Sprucery

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 27th May 2016, 07:30

Imo don't train 4 offensive skills at once, especially not with a goal to reach some arbitrary number that kinda looks neat.

For this message the author Sar has received thanks: 4
duvessa, Lasty, nago, Sprucery

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 27th May 2016, 14:19

Definitely do not train four offensive skills at once (possible exception: as Wz, I like to train a bunch of offensive skills to 3 or 4 because of the way the book is structured). Also do not arbitrarily target skill level 15. Your skills in this dump are already too scattered: you have nearly 10 Air skill just for mephitic cloud; you have 3 Earth skill which is only for stone arrow, which is pretty redundant w/ IMB and battlesphere. Right now you're new enough at the game that it's not always clear which spells are good ideas and which aren't, so for now use these rules of thumb: 1) train at most one elemental school, because they all do more or less the same thing; 2) stop training a magic skill as soon as the fail rate of the spells of that school you're using hit 1% (for conjurations that you spam) or 5% (for summons that you cast often) or 10% (charms that you may need as escape tools like Invis and Haste) or 20% (other charms and transmutations that you cast only once at the beginning of fights).

These rules aren't perfect, and once you have more experience you'll want to leave them behind, but they should serve as decent guideposts to prevent scattering your focus too much.

For this message the author Lasty has received thanks: 2
nago, Sprucery

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 27th May 2016, 20:51

Do note that 8-10% Haste miscasts will occasionally Paralyse you. Something to maybe consider in a life-or-death situations, except, well, you probably shouldn't use a 8-10% chance to fail spell in these anyway.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 27th May 2016, 21:50

Yeah, never really played as mages/wizards in this game before so I have just been trying my best, what do you think about getting Lee's Rapid Deconstruction? I have some training in Earth Magic and the description seems cool.

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 28th May 2016, 02:41

I read Fedhas protects plants from LRD damage, so it's probably good for you. Might want to grab petrify as well if you use it a lot.

The number really isn't based on a whim or randomness at all. It's mostly how much exp you can get by a certain stage of the game before you begin the next. Like, how many skills you can get up to n level by the time you clear everything before Vaults and Depths. That would be a system. 4 skills just happen to get to around skill level 15 by the time you complete Dungeon and Lair. sometimes more, sometimes less depending on aptitude and extra sources of exp.

For example my fighter builds tend to get to around level 12-13 by the time I clear Dungeon 15. I train weapon, fighting, armour, and shield at the same time. Sometimes the first three levels to weapon. It just happens to work well.

It doesn't have to be 4 at a time, it could be 1 2 3 or 4. Or train one skill level at a time and adapt as you play.

I die more often getting weapon or main attack spell to min delay first and only than any other system.

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 28th May 2016, 04:21

The first game I ever used fedhas was the first game I ever won. Do not under-estimate him, he is an extremely powerful god(I find trog to be slightly more impressive though, generally speaking).

Also, if your a newer player then choosing venom mage is probably your best bet for nagas. Mephetic cloud is a very very good spell, especially for newer players just wanting to get some experience past the early dungeon.
To all new players: Ignore all strategy guides posted on the wiki, ask questions in the Advice forum, players with lots of posts normally have the best advice.

crawl.akrasiac.org:8080 <- take this link to play online or spectate.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice