YAVP, DsIE^Veh to Mak, 15 runes, 3 full zigs

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 7th September 2015, 16:58

YAVP, DsIE^Veh to Mak, 15 runes, 3 full zigs

I can't remember what originally made me want to win with a DsIE, but I finally got one up and running and not only managed to not splat, I ended up with the most OP char I've ever played. Turns out this was exactly my 500th game too!

The scariest moment I remember was lvl 19 on my 2nd or 3rd Zig (which I did not fully clear). It was a Tomb level and I was woefully unprepared. I managed to clear it with a bunch of cBlinks and was glowing like crazy at the end, I think I had to drink 3 cancellations.

The switch to Mak was surprisingly easy. I was pretty well equipped at that point and burned through penance while exploring Pan for Zigs. I was terrified to make the switch but his attacks were laughably easy to shrug off.

I was on my way to doing mega-zigs but decided to win after the third full zig clear. Mostly because grinding through Pan levels to find a zig is a pain in the ass. If you have all of the Pan runes, zig generation should go up, just like carrying the Abyssal rune increases exit generation.

Here is the dump:
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/Gorgo ... 073701.txt

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 7th September 2015, 17:48

Re: YAVP, DsIE^Veh to Mak, 15 runes, 3 full zigs

gorgo wrote:. If you have all of the Pan runes, zig generation should go up, just like carrying the Abyssal rune increases exit generation.
eh, maybe Pan exits, not ziggurat entrances :)
~online scoring~

Pig's in zen
Pig is nude
Unashamed

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 7th September 2015, 19:47

Eyesburn wrote:
gorgo wrote:. If you have all of the Pan runes, zig generation should go up, just like carrying the Abyssal rune increases exit generation.
eh, maybe Pan exits, not ziggurat entrances :)

Why not both? I don't see how it would be a problem. What's the point of the mega-zig mechanic? Seems like it's there for people to test their char against the hardest scenarios the game can offer, and the grind through Pan doesn't really add anything. How about make it all 15 runes instead of just the Pan runes? If you are at that stage of the game, there is nothing left to do but win or do ziggurats.

No big deal, just seems like it would be more fun that way.

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 8th September 2015, 04:55

Im not sure whats the point of mega-zigs, I've never finished a single whole ziggurat, and I don't test my chars in ziggurats.

If you have all of the Pan runes, zig generation should go up, just like carrying the Abyssal rune increases exit generation.
Increasing Abyss exits after you get the Abyssal rune seems logic, I just didn't see any connection between pan runes and ziggurat entrances.
~online scoring~

Pig's in zen
Pig is nude
Unashamed

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 10th September 2015, 17:13

Eyesburn wrote:Im not sure whats the point of mega-zigs, I've never finished a single whole ziggurat, and I don't test my chars in ziggurats.

If you have all of the Pan runes, zig generation should go up, just like carrying the Abyssal rune increases exit generation.
Increasing Abyss exits after you get the Abyssal rune seems logic, I just didn't see any connection between pan runes and ziggurat entrances.

It's not that there is a specific connection between the two. It's that the _only_ reason to roam Pan after you have the runes is to find Ziggurats. So why not bump up the rate at which they appear?

Barkeep

Post Thursday, 10th September 2015, 17:25

I kind of regret the devs never went forward with the idea to put some kind of Zig Portal Generator item in the Zig:27 loot while removing the random generation in Pan. Right now, it's a little cheesy that you can grind endless zigs but always leave at Zig:26, which prevents the player from ever having to deal with megazigs.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 10th September 2015, 17:29

There are players who enjoy doing stuff like getting every fixedart in the game. I don't think it should be prohibited. By the time you can grind Pan for Zigs you've already won.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too