Dropping items.

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Halls Hopper

Post Monday, 11th April 2011, 22:23

Dropping items.

Hey, I can't figure out how to drop a specific number of an item. The manual says it's d#, but that doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 12th April 2011, 18:42

Re: Dropping items.

When the guide says #, they mean put the amount in. You don't actually hit the '#' key at any point.

Let's say, for example, you want to drop 5 of something in stack a. Go,

d, 5, a, enter.

d opens the drop screen. Hitting any letter toggles dropping the associated item on or off. Anything you're dropping will be highlighted. If you're dropping the whole stack, the '-' after the letter becomes a '+'. If you hit a number, then the letter, it will only drop that amount of the stack, and change the '-' to a '#'. You can select as many things as you want to drop before confirming.

Also, I think you can't use the numpad (at least, it never seemed to work for me). Input numbers from the row at the top of the keyboard.

For this message the author mageykun has received thanks:
Francis

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 12th April 2011, 23:52

Is there a similar command to pick up just a few from that big stack of honeycombs on the ground?

Grabbing as many as possible and then dropping most of them again gets the job done, but is kind of backwards... and I dont like to be overloaded even alone in my stash.

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 13th April 2011, 02:01

There is. Either 'gg' or ',?' will take you to a pick up menu where you can select what you want to pick up, and how much of it, that functions just like the drop screen.

For this message the author mageykun has received thanks:
Rafa

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 13th April 2011, 11:02

Rafa wrote:Is there a similar command to pick up just a few from that big stack of honeycombs on the ground?

Grabbing as many as possible and then dropping most of them again gets the job done, but is kind of backwards... and I dont like to be overloaded even alone in my stash.

You can do it with ;
This command tells you what's here, and autopickup items if there are any to be picked. It also allows you to do a partial stack pickup if there's a single stack on your cell. You can also ctrl+click in tiles.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 13th April 2011, 16:08

So many possibilities, thanks both of you.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 13th April 2011, 16:46

Speedy pickup if using tiles, click the square you are on and you'll get a pickup screen and can select multiple different items at once.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice