YASD! YASV? and CIP too, come dive with Richard Video!

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 16th April 2014, 13:41

YASD! YASV? and CIP too, come dive with Richard Video!

Hi fellow crawlers,
I am a moderately experienced player growing in skills in DCSS. The idea in my video series of DCSS is to make DCSS more accessible to every day folks and to bring another voice to the table amongst the more in-depth crawler here on the forums. That said, people who are watching my videos looking for a dive deeper than dungeon level 6 every life may be disappointed. The videos will keep coming so long as they are being enjoyed by an audience and my experience 15 runing an Ogre AM in .10 brings some depth to my analysis and balances my off the cuff style. Plus I am sure there are some things I will be surprised about along the way here in .14!
Here we go!

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup 1

Low Level Vine Stalker Warper Tries to Hide From Fate in DCSS part 2

EPICSODIC LOG 1
"IT is a tough crowd down here in the dungeon. Since I entered this place just hours ago I have found the creatures to be more powerful than I am prepared for. To make matters worse, there are bandits whom have taken up residence in this dark place. A madman chased me wildly, shouting for my blood after nary a wink in his direction. Sigmund he called himself. I will have to take another route deeper into the dungeon.. but first a little rest."

-Vine Stalker

SOME KIND OF PEACEFUL STASIS - DCSS 3

EPICSODIC LOG 2
"Terrible beasts. Everywhere. Behold. My mind is gone."
-Vine Stalker

I Splat this episode
WARPING VINESTALKER- DCSS 4

EPICSODIC LOG 3
"All I know are balls."
-Vine Stalker

I will be back soon with my first update.

Thanks for watching!
Last edited by RichardGamingo1 on Thursday, 17th April 2014, 01:29, edited 1 time in total.

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 16th April 2014, 20:31

Re: YASD! YASV? and CIP too, come dive with Richard Video!

Since this forum is smaller than my main Lets Play thread, I will come here with updates more-or-less in larger "chunks" so that I don't flood the forum here :) Thanks for checking out my crawling!

Scroll to the most recent posts with the space bar and shift+space bar for your convenience

JELLIES R KEWL - DCSS 5

EPICSODIC LOG 4
"I opened and I began to read its messages. After some time spent studying a new spell appeared at my fingertips. This magic still isn't enough to survive the darkness.."
-Vine Stalker

The Vine Stalker Warper's "3 Life Challenge" continues.

WHAT ARE TREES DOING? - DCSS 6

EPICSODIC LOG 5
"The inhabitants of this dark dungeon are rather inhospitable at this depth"
-Vine Stalker

The Vine Stalker Warper's "3 Life Challenge" concludes in this episode!
Last edited by RichardGamingo1 on Saturday, 26th April 2014, 02:48, edited 4 times in total.

Lair Larrikin

Post Saturday, 19th April 2014, 17:52

SWASTIKA THE SYMBOL FOR BRAVERY - Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup OgAr 1

Freaking Jesus Ogre rolls into the dungeon wearing a white shirt.
-Spirit of a dead Kobold

EPICSODIC LOG 1
"Having arrived in this dungeon wearing my nicest white smock, things feel more comfortable now that it is drenched in the blood of dungeon dwellers."
-Ogre Assasin

Please enjoy and check out the RG CHILLER at the end. Keep an eye on the VERY end of the video for .. no spoilers
Last edited by RichardGamingo1 on Saturday, 26th April 2014, 02:48, edited 3 times in total.

Lair Larrikin

Post Monday, 21st April 2014, 19:38

Hi ya'll, I am back. I hope you have enjoyed the videos so far. If you feel any need to leave a comment here, thumbs up on youtube (or thumbs down ><!), to subscribe to my channel, or bookmark the channel homepage, any of these things will really, really help me out. Your opinion is valuable plus I enjoy having the opportunity to respond to viewers. Thank you for watching so far! And hello newbies who haven't been able to keep up with this thread yet =) My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/RichardGamingo. Enjoy!

BAM HIT LEVEL THREE - Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup OgAr 2

EPICSODIC LOG 2
"I entered this dungeon.. I saw.. darkness.. always something brushing my legs. Rats. Goblins. Evil creatures abound.. that is all of the dream that I can recall."
-Ogre Assasin

Check out the video by clicking the thumbnail above. This run has been really fun so far even though I splatted in Part 1 and enter the dungeon anew as an Ogre Assassin in this video!
Last edited by RichardGamingo1 on Saturday, 26th April 2014, 02:49, edited 2 times in total.

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 24th April 2014, 15:18

Hi! here is another video of the Ogre Assassin dive. I really appreciate the support I have gotten via views clicked here, please feel free to drop a comment in the thread here!

WILD OGRE RIDE - Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup OgAr 3

EPICSODIC LOG 3
"I have sighted abundant riches here. The last pile of gold I saw was behind solid steel bars.. but no matter, there will be more free treasure deeper inside. I am sure of it now."
-Ogre Assassin

Check out the video by clicking the links above.

I have received some heat from a moderator who had no way to tell that many of you are clicking on and enjoying the videos, so please leave me a thank you or comment if you enjoy my works here.

Best Regards,
RG
Last edited by RichardGamingo1 on Saturday, 26th April 2014, 02:51, edited 2 times in total.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 24th April 2014, 18:06

I appreciate the videos, but I could do with a lot less giant gifs of burning "brand new episode" text :)

While there's no law against images in general, most of these forums tend to be pretty heavily text oriented, with some occasional sillyness in the CYC forum (which is meant to be laid back/silly).

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks: 2
RichardGamingo1, Sandman25

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 24th April 2014, 23:33

tasonir wrote:I appreciate the videos, but I could do with a lot less giant gifs of burning "brand new episode" text :)

While there's no law against images in general, most of these forums tend to be pretty heavily text oriented, with some occasional sillyness in the CYC forum (which is meant to be laid back/silly).

Hi tasonir, thank you for the good words and the word of caution. Maybe the brand new episode banner will go, if there are more votes against it, but never my custom formatted thumbnails! :)

Alright I am here to tell you guys I am giving away a copy of Daylight (scary fun horror game) on release day -- April 29th. You can also enter to win Portal 2 and more prizes..

Find out the info in the giveaway playlist :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN47d3kKlxI

P.S. More DCSS later =)

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 25th April 2014, 20:01

Hi! here is part 4!

CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP - Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup OgAr 4

EPICSODIC LOG 4
"As I have made it deeper into this dungeon my mind seems to expand.. become more encompassing.. suddenly, I find myself throwing beef steaks at Orc Wizards."
-Ogre Assassin

Check out the video by clicking the links above.

Plz comment and let me know what you think! And plz feel free to join the give away, its all for ya'll here in the internet community^^

Best Regards,
RG

P.S. Giving away Daylight + Portal 2 + More at my channel. There is a video announcement there on the homepage.
Last edited by RichardGamingo1 on Saturday, 26th April 2014, 02:52, edited 1 time in total.

Lair Larrikin

Post Saturday, 26th April 2014, 02:47

Hi everyone. I was just taking a look at my channel views and see that my DCSS videos are getting clicks through from here. I really appreciate the support of ya'll clicking through. Sorry about these thumbnails showing up wrong in the thread, I am going to fix that right after this post.

I get deeper in the next episodes, being that in most of my vids I have been splatting before dungeon level 8 the next life of this OgAr is a bit more satisfying insofar as he goes deeeeper into the dungeon as he reaches for the sacred Orb of Zot.

Also I took down the blinky banner :D

/edit
Fixed the thumbnails and some text; removed banner to defunct thread

Lair Larrikin

Post Sunday, 27th April 2014, 16:55

Part 5 has arrived
Welcome to the dive!

OH I KILLED HIM - Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup Ogre Assassin 5

EPICSODIC LOG 5
"Ogre want eat."
-Ogre Assassin

We start our new life in the dungeon this episode -- and in this life we are going a bit deeper!

P.S. Daylight + Portal 2 giveaway still going on @ the channel.

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 29th April 2014, 17:29

Part 6!

The adventure continues..

POISON NEEDLES - Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup Ogre Assassin 6

EPICSODIC LOG 5
"Hmm hairy creatures. Clappy need toothpick."
-Ogre Assassin

We are on life THREE of our three life challenge. So far our Ogre friends have not made it past dungeon level 7... until Clappy came along. Now we're going deeper into the dungeon.

Enjoy!

p.s. The giveaway was a success!

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 6th May 2014, 16:26

Ok, we're just level 7 or so, great time to jump into the Let's Play!

1 OGRE vs 5 ORCS - Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup OgAr 8

Enjoy!

Best Regards,
RG

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 6th May 2014, 20:44

Hi ya'll, on a roll and part 9 is already out!

SHIT SNAKES - Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup OgAr Part 9

WE STILL HAVE NOT SPLATTED !!!! We're nearly to the lair, screwing around Dungeon level ~9 right now.

I am getting some love over at reddit, can't believe how many videos I have posted without getting any upvotes and now suddenly 8 upvotes! Anyway, just wanted to share that.

Enjoy!

Best Regards,
RG

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 9th May 2014, 17:58

What's good! I am glad to be back here in the great DCSS community.

I appreciate all of your comments and feedbacks (Even if they are mostly click throughs to the gameplay footage =))

FINDING THE LAIR - Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup OgAr Part 10(17:44)

DUNGEON DEPTH TEN - Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup OgAr Part 11(13:11)

Please shoot me a "thank you" here on the forum if you aren't equipped with a Youtube account so that I better know how to serve you. I am doing my best to pay it forward here in my gameplay walkthroughs and further popularize DCSS.

Enjoy!

Best Regards,
RG

Lair Larrikin

Post Saturday, 10th May 2014, 16:56

Keeping it timely with the video releases!

INTO THE LAIR BRANCH Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup OgAr Part 12Image

CLAPPY'S EPICSODIC LOG
"Clappy found hole. Clappy go in hole."
-Clappy the Ogar as he enters the Lair

Enjoy!

Best Regards,
RG

zrn

Snake Sneak

Post Sunday, 11th May 2014, 10:28

Grats on your retsupurae.

For this message the author zrn has received thanks: 2
RichardGamingo, RichardGamingo1

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 13th May 2014, 04:41

More Yakpie

LUCKY THIRTEEN Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup OgAr Part 13Image

CLAPPY'S EPICSODIC LOG
"Dis Seem OK"
-Clappy the Ogar

Enjoy!

Best Regards,
RG

Lair Larrikin

Post Monday, 19th May 2014, 10:55

I have a question!
So the first and second 3-life challenges are over. There has been a great response in viewership! Newer viewers: Welcome to Gamingo station!

I will be able to make the next series better if I get some feedback on the videos:
1. Do you like it or not like that there is no music?
2. Do you like or not like that there is whitenoise?
3. What do you think of the 3-life challenge format? I will aim to go as deep as possible with whatever character I play. Do you think the videos are more fun because I am playing gimped or unusual characters?

Best Regards,
RG

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 7th August 2014, 02:18

What's up ya'll
Any specific combo someone wants to view someone take three lives of swings at?

Best Regards,
RG

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Wednesday, 13th August 2014, 03:01

HOMo

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too