Starvation trap

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 14th January 2013, 21:07

Starvation trap

Started a Mummy Necromancer, killed a rat, found myself forced to scythe through plants to escape. No weapons, scrolls, etc, just the rat and the wall of plants.

If I could starve this would probably be a game ender right there. As is, it's still ridiculously tedious. Is this intended to be a valid floor pattern, possibly killing off a character at generation for lulz?

I was going to upload a screenshot, but the forum seems to hate Android screenshots or something.

mad

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 15th January 2013, 06:41

Re: Starvation trap

I'm having trouble visualising this situation. Could you help me out? If you had to go through plants, why don't you go back the way you came?

Or was the entry vault a wall of plants blocking your exit with the intention that the intrepid adventurer bash their way through? If so, you should be able to do it unarmed, even as a MuNu?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 15th January 2013, 14:44

The second is true. I think they were worrying that a eating race could take long enough to bash through the plants that they could starve.
What made you happy today?
Shatari wrote:I traded a goat for a Nintendo DS XL, and a ton of games.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 16th January 2013, 19:55

What game version are you playing? I think I know the entry vault you're talking about, and if I'm not mistaken, there's a secret door in the direction opposite the plants, if you're playing a version where secret doors still exist.
You fall off the wall. You have a feeling of ineptitude.

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 16th January 2013, 22:44

minmay wrote:I was worried this was going to be a guy wanting to add a new trap that makes you starve, to make Traps skill more useful and all that

Haha, I thought the same thing glad its not.

I too am having trouble picturing the situation

Pandemonium Purger

Post Thursday, 17th January 2013, 05:17

He's talking about the ovular dungeon entry vault filled with lava and water on opposing sides, with the only exit passable after detroying plants. If memory serves me, they used to be plants. The last game I fired up in trunk I got that entry vault, and the plants were replaced with mushrooms. So, problem solved, problem staying solved.
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Return to Technical Support