The Crawl Light thread

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 4th September 2012, 23:15

The Crawl Light thread

Wherein we discuss shortened dungeons, difficulty levels, implicit ammo, and other abominations!

Crawl Light, for those unfamiliar with it, is a fork of Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup that's been active for a little over a year by this point. The fork is based on the 0.8 codebase, but has imported a great deal of the Stone Soup changes made since then (though said importing is an ongoing process, and there's a lot of stuff I'd like to have that hasn't been imported yet).

Highlights of Crawl Light include:
Squarelos!
Replacement of the hunger clock with glow costs!
Difficulty levels!
Length reduction of 1/3!
DoomRL-style sidestepping!
Brogue-style monster pursuit!
And much, much more! Order now and I'll throw in a second one absolutely free, etc. etc.

The Github page is here, and the changelog (mostly up-to-date with new features, but glosses over most of the imports) can be viewed here. Alas, there is no longer a public server available. Windows and Linux binaries (last updated April 4 2014 at 6:00 AM EST) are available. We also have an IRC channel on FreeNode, #CrawlLight.

The current state of Crawl Light 0.2 trunk is this: I have implemented most of the new stuff I want to see in Crawl Light 0.2, save a few things like the removal of paralysis and additional nastiness for some of the Hell branches. Most of the work to do before the 0.2 release will consist of importing desired changes from Stone Soup and testing/tweaking of the existing stuff. Any feedback, therefore, will be appreciated (keep in mind that achieving perfect balance isn't the foremost concern in 0.2; the intent is for the next version, 0.3, to be a "tournament-grade" version of 0.2).
Last edited by dtsund on Friday, 4th April 2014, 10:17, edited 7 times in total.
Just a well-spoken spambot.

For this message the author dtsund has received thanks:
Robsoie

nht

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 5th September 2012, 07:41

Re: The Crawl Light thread

A bug report for the server at dashify.me:

When attempting to start a game it fails with the message, "Cannot find data file 'dlua/macro.lua' anywhere, aborting"

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 5th September 2012, 08:28

Thanks; should be working now.

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 5th September 2012, 21:24

Light?
Not 'Lite'?

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 6th September 2012, 07:16

Yeah, I thought we will discuss some lighting feature here )

About the subj, though. I was thinking of trying it early on. But then I've got my shit together and have dived into classic Crawl. I still didn't beat it, but I had couple of very promising chars that were ready to it, so now I don't afraid of it anymore. Nonetheless I think that lite version is a good thing and can prepare many players for ultimate challenge of Crawl.

Vestibule Violator

Post Thursday, 6th September 2012, 07:21

Oh, dtsund has his own vision for an ultimate challenge. The ideas I have seen for it seem pretty cool.

I haven't played Light so far. Maybe I should if only to see how the removed food clock, squarelos, sidestepping and monsters pursuing through stairs work out.

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 6th September 2012, 07:58

Galefury wrote:Oh, dtsund has his own vision for an ultimate challenge.

Indeed. Oh, indeed!

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 6th September 2012, 10:37

I like the "pandoora" idea very much. Especially I like that it's a choise you making through a game itself, not the options in main manu. One thing I would like to suggest, though, is to make this "unleashing" process even more gradual. Every branch and sub-branch can have from one to several sealed vaults with treasure and monsters, and opening any of them would add a little weight to a scale of difficulty. This way if you feel strong, you'll open it. And if you feel lucky, you'll open it hoping to become strong. And you will always want to open it, even if you are newbie, but it will always be scary as hell.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 6th September 2012, 12:43

I think the name "Crawl Light" doesn't do justice to what you're doing. This isn't a stripped down version of crawl anymore, it's a variant.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

For this message the author galehar has received thanks:
MIC132

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 6th September 2012, 13:11

Is there a goal to this project? I don't mean this in any derisive way, I'm just wondering if there's a particular set of design goals or if it's a bunch of changes you think are good.

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 6th September 2012, 17:31

white_noise wrote:I like the "pandoora" idea very much. Especially I like that it's a choise you making through a game itself, not the options in main manu. One thing I would like to suggest, though, is to make this "unleashing" process even more gradual. Every branch and sub-branch can have from one to several sealed vaults with treasure and monsters, and opening any of them would add a little weight to a scale of difficulty. This way if you feel strong, you'll open it. And if you feel lucky, you'll open it hoping to become strong. And you will always want to open it, even if you are newbie, but it will always be scary as hell.

I'm unlikely to do this, for two reasons:

First, I'd rather keep the number of difficulty levels low. A gradual ratcheting up of the difficulty just doesn't have the same impact as "suddenly, everything is horrible". I like sudden changes, both good and bad, more than gradual ones; keeps the players on their toes (this is why I'm not importing continuous skills from Stone Soup).

Second, it'd be a technical boondoggle. The difficulty-changing portions of the code are a bit fragile and complicated (the interaction between the Abyss portal on D:9 and the Hive's Pandoora requires two dactions, and that's not the end of it), and increasing the number of moving parts would quickly make things unmanageable.

Megika wrote:Is there a goal to this project? I don't mean this in any derisive way, I'm just wondering if there's a particular set of design goals or if it's a bunch of changes you think are good.

I don't really have an endpoint in mind. Some of the changes, though, are meant to address what I see as issues with the game, and thus have goals attached to them. Without the difficulty stuff, for example, Crawl must remain in the rather awkward position of trying to appeal to both new players and experts with exactly the same content. The goal of that change was to simultaneously allow newbies to ease themselves in while also allowing hardened veterans to seek out a much harder Crawl experience.

Windows binaries updated. In general, I'll keep the OP pointed at the latest ones.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 7th September 2012, 03:27

galehar wrote:I think the name "Crawl Light" doesn't do justice to what you're doing. This isn't a stripped down version of crawl anymore, it's a variant.

+1 I never won crawl light, but it seems to change Crawl way more than just shortening the dungeon/branches. Maybe another name could be appropriate to avoid confusion.

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 7th September 2012, 03:58

This sounds like an awesome idea! I can't wait to try it.

I've often wished there was something between Dungeon Sprint and 3-rune-run gamelengths. As it is I mostly play Spelunky when I want something truly short, it would be nice to have another option.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 14th September 2012, 07:37

The Windows binaries for Crawl Light have been updated again. Highlights include: my plans for Dis and Cocytus have had an initial implementation, mimics are no longer generated, a few bugs have been fixed (notably including a crash afflicting Cheibriados followers), archery is more accurate at low levels than in the last upload, and the fast/slow metabolism mutations have been replaced by glow tolerance mutations.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 17th September 2012, 01:33

Played a few games, mostly Trolls. Got runes on two out of four games, and opened two Pandoora doors on both. Used all acquirement for Rods. I took notes while playing, so here is my review.

Things crawl light does better:

Hunters start out with a bow and unlimited "Plain Arrows," which do not occupy inventory space. Branded arrows are still gifted or picked up randomly, but you can always rely on the fact that your build will always have your most basic attack always available. Like Fehdas fruit collection, ammunition spawns are one of the few random variables that are not fun in roguelikes. You can equip any ranged weapon and have the basic ammunition available to you, which is funny when you see goblins spawn with slings and stones. This means no ammunition retrieval for this basic attack, further meaning you will not "waste" attacks on corrosive enemies or those in deep water and lava. For me, this means I have no need to toggle terrain only in console anymore except around clouds.

"Brogue style pursuit" is a method of treating monster movement between levels. Any monster aware of you will follow you through any staircase you're seen taking. Useful when you see > in a corridor, then descend into a huge mob of monsters surrounding you. It is very good to use Invisibility on combination with this tactic. I also imagine that a Fedhas worshiping merfolk could abuse this tactic to the point that Rain would have to be nerfed. I think Fedhas in general is the God that will be most affected by this game in the future.

Things it needs to improve:

Balancing the races with the removal of the food clock. Glow clock functions exactly the same for every species, and races like Centaur lose an important disadvantage for balance reasons while every race gains an advantage (effective gourmand, you are always "full" - you will never not be able to use an ability because you are too hungry), making kobolds less attractive. Trolls can actually rest without starving. Traveling to a stash doesn't cost permafood. Certain enemies, like Hungry Ghost or Harpies, need to be revised or outright removed. Fruit is a confusing holdover from Stone Soup, serving no purpose until you remember Fedhas. It should also probably be removed, and the cost of growth/evolve revised. I a world in which only fruit exists is no world I want to survive in.

Identifying everything gives some items a questionable existence in the game a bit odd, since there is no way they can surprise you into equipping it.

The ring of slaying Monks begin with is equippable up to rune gathering. If not the best starting class, they at least make Fighters, Gladiators, and I dare say Berserkers ridiculous choices in comparison since monks in light retain the innate two star piety gain upon worshiping any religion that crawl stone soup has. In my last game, TrMo, which seems to have bugged out (I died to my own iron troll in Shoals:3 in view of the rune; I have no idea how) I still had the ring equipped.

Throwing weapons are VERY odd. It seems as though the enchantment change in Stone Soup carried over to Light, and you cannot enchant any type of ammunition. You will run into very large stacks of ammunition (see above), but almost all of them have a 100% mulch rate. Large rocks can still break up into stones, with a mulch chance that, as far as I can tell, is the same as in Stone Soup. Other ammunition destroys on impact, even steel ammunition. Steel javelins, which I was able to play around with, still had the description relating to the lower chance of destruction upon impact. The "Enchantment reduces the chance of such loss" sentence remains in ammunition descriptions. Returning throwing weapons just mystify me. Are they really failing to return because of skill, or is being destroyed every time? It seems as though the latter is the case. This makes throwing even more undesirable for non-large player species, since the skill has no equivalent to the unlimited ammo approach Light takes to launchers.

It feels like a very unpolished "mod" that could be cleaned up easily. It could stand to gain from a lot of diversification like monster type. Pandoora is an interesting approach, and I agree that it is a variant, not a stripped down version.
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

For this message the author twelwe has received thanks: 2
dtsund, joellercoaster

Halls Hopper

Post Monday, 17th September 2012, 05:06

Thanks for the feedback! I'll address a few of your points specifically...

twelwe wrote:Balancing the races with the removal of the food clock. Glow clock functions exactly the same for every species,

Not actually true anymore, though I'm not sure the server's seen a recompile since that was done (rebuilds on dashify.me aren't automated). However...

twelwe wrote:and races like Centaur lose an important disadvantage for balance reasons while every race gains an advantage (effective gourmand, you are always "full" - you will never not be able to use an ability because you are too hungry), making kobolds less attractive. Trolls can actually rest without starving. Traveling to a stash doesn't cost permafood. Certain enemies, like Hungry Ghost or Harpies, need to be revised or outright removed. Fruit is a confusing holdover from Stone Soup, serving no purpose until you remember Fedhas. It should also probably be removed, and the cost of growth/evolve revised. I a world in which only fruit exists is no world I want to survive in.

...I do acknowledge these issues. Racial balance definitely needs tweaking now, and I wasn't overly fond of fruit existing solely for Fedhas even before you brought it up (I just haven't thought of a suitable mechanic to replace it yet, so I'm leaving it in pro tempore).

twelwe wrote:Identifying everything gives some items a questionable existence in the game a bit odd, since there is no way they can surprise you into equipping it.

robe_of_misfortune.png

I did take some steps to remove strictly-bad items from the game, though negatively enchanted gear still exists (because if you find, say, a negative exec axe, there's a good chance you'll still want it). Bad potions are still in for the sake of Evaporate, though, as with fruit/Fedhas, I'd like to be rid of that.

There are one or two other items that are currently useless as well; the ring of sustenance currently does nothing (I plan to change it to a glow-tolerance ring).

I think Misfortune may be amusing enough to leave in; most players seeing it for the first time would probably get a chuckle out of it.

twelwe wrote:The ring of slaying Monks begin with is equippable up to rune gathering.

This surprises me, since it's only an accuracy ring, but you are correct in that it could probably be removed. See...

twelwe wrote:If not the best starting class, they at least make Fighters, Gladiators, and I dare say Berserkers ridiculous choices in comparison since monks in light retain the innate two star piety gain upon worshiping any religion that crawl stone soup has.

...that's not so much a trait Monks retained as one that fairly recently got imported. I added the ring in Light 0.1, when Monks didn't have as much going for them (the piety thing didn't exist yet).

twelwe wrote:Throwing weapons are VERY odd. It seems as though the enchantment change in Stone Soup carried over to Light, and you cannot enchant any type of ammunition.

Correct; I imported that when I implemented implicit ammunition, both of which were done recently.

twelwe wrote:Steel javelins, which I was able to play around with, still had the description relating to the lower chance of destruction upon impact. The "Enchantment reduces the chance of such loss" sentence remains in ammunition descriptions. Returning throwing weapons just mystify me. Are they really failing to return because of skill, or is being destroyed every time? It seems as though the latter is the case.

Ah, bugs. I just fixed the description issues you mentioned (and thank you for bringing them to my attention); as for returning, that brand probably should simply be removed in this scheme.

twelwe wrote:This makes throwing even more undesirable for non-large player species, since the skill has no equivalent to the unlimited ammo approach Light takes to launchers.

I'd like to remove Throwing skill (possibly shifting blowgun effectiveness into Evocations) and make thrown projectiles dependent only on stats; thrown weapons would be distinct from launchers in that no training would be required to use them effectively, but their usage would be strictly limited. Again, something I haven't gotten around to yet.

Something I'd be interested to hear about, if you have any notes on it, is piety balance. At this point, the shortening of the dungeon and my attempts at compensating for same have probably thrown it out of whack for several gods; it seems like you were playing Trog/Okawaru games, so I'm wondering how you felt their piety curve functions at the moment.

In general, I'm aware that the current state of Crawl Light is probably not well-balanced, but that's a big part of why I started this thread; I was hoping for exactly the sort of feedback you were willing to give (which, again, I'm thankful for).

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 18th September 2012, 02:39

Just wanted to pipe in and say that I love Crawl Light.
I find some of its aspects superior to the original - particularly the LoS corpse sacrifice, auto-identify, instant manual effect and the multiple options on Acquirement scrolls. The ones I prolly like the most is the removal (or reduced??) spawn of out of depth mobs and the shorter/faster games. 4 things I’m missing though and wonder if it will be implemented:

1 Clearer info on SHITFT+5 on what weapons/armour being used (i.e. not having to check via letter for enchantments/brands)?

2 skill system similar to 0.9/0.10+? Dropping victory dancing?

3 Will the latest changes to auto pickup for any item be implemented (as of DCSS 0.11+)?

4 More Races? (miss vampires)

One thing that took a long time for me to recognize, is that 2 of the usual “tank” races ( i.e. Ogres/Trolls) in Crawl are not built for tanking at all (Trolls are even are nicknamed “glass cannons” and by that notion Ogres are nothing short of “paper cannons”). Will these 2 races stay the same in Light as in the DCSS version?
I think the alternative use of glow effect in Light is interesting and a good way to deal with overpowered abilities, although Sif Muna channelers (especially Sif Muna Summoners) are kinda crippled to the point of Sif Muna channeling actually becoming mute. Again, I haven’t tested this enough on other spell users much, mostly summoners of Sif Muna, but higher level summons in itself raises glow and makes summoners further weak. I realize summoning/pets have been an issue in the original version but maybe raising pet-kill-exp to normal level or lowering the glow on both Channeling/Summon (maybe all higher spell level) casts would balance it out a bit? But it brings up another question; will summoners stay the same in Light, what with the coming changes in DCSS?

dtsund wrote: Something I'd be interested to hear about, if you have any notes on it, is piety balance.

I have played quite a few Trog chars in Light (up to version 0.2. L.721) and I almost always have around 4 piety stars at Temple and 5 stars before reaching Lair. Can´t really say for Oka though since I only played two (both CeHu of Okawaru) but since one can´t start with Oka he´s naturally a tad slower.

Will continue playing both versions and very happy DCSS Light exists where avoiding non intended trips to abyss is heackualot easier and pure, non-ranged Melee toons actually stands a fighting chance to ascend :D
Last edited by graffen69 on Saturday, 10th August 2013, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 18th September 2012, 03:23

graffen69 wrote:The ones I prolly like the most is the removal (or reduced??) spawn of out of depth mobs

Out of depth spawning is an unfeature on easy mode only. On normal (one Pandoora opened), populating dungeon levels is done as in Stone Soup (modulo rebalancing for the shallower dungeon and stuff like that). On hard (two Pandooras opened, deeper than D:9), out of depth generation becomes easier and difficult monsters have higher generation weight.

graffen69 wrote:1 Clearer info on SHITFT+5 on what weapons/armour being used (i.e. not having to check via letter for enchantments/brands)?

If that's something Stone Soup added, probably; I'm importing stuff chronologically as I get to it.

graffen69 wrote:2 skill system similar to 0.9/0.10+? Dropping victory dancing?

No; the current autotraining system is Light's solution to victory dancing, and I won't be importing Stone Soup's skill code. I dislike the continuous skill system, and since I have plans for skills that lead in an entirely different direction, I don't plan to bother expending the effort on one overhaul when another is coming.

graffen69 wrote:3 Will the latest changes to auto pickup for any item be implemented (as of DCSS 0.11+)?

Eventually; see #1.

graffen69 wrote:4 More Races? (miss vampires)

Vampires were a casualty of food removal; the entire race was built around its metabolic quirks (this is also why ghouls were cut). Something vampire-ish may be added in the future if I can find a way to make them work without food.

For now, though, the overall direction is going to be toward fewer races, rather than more. The halfling/kobold distinction is unlikely to survive for much longer, unless I can see some compelling reason to keep both, and minotaurs are living on borrowed time. Further down the line, I wouldn't be surprised if high elf/deep elf and troll/ogre get merged, but that won't happen soon.

graffen69 wrote:One thing that took a long time for me to recognize, is that 2 of the usual “tank” races ( i.e. Ogres/Trolls) in Crawl are not built for tanking at all (Trolls are even are nicknamed “glass cannons” and by that notion Ogres are nothing short of “paper cannons”). Will these 2 races stay the same in Light as in the DCSS version?

Barring the aforementioned possible merge, probably. They may see some tweaking, but their overall styles are likely to remain the same.

graffen69 wrote:I think the alternative use of glow effect in Light is interesting and a good way to deal with overpowered abilities, although Sif Muna channelers (especially Sif Muna Summoners) are kinda crippled to the point of Sif Muna channeling actually becoming mute. Again, I haven’t tested this enough on other spell users much, mostly summoners of Sif Muna, but higher level summons in itself raises glow and makes summoners further weak.

I'm not sure how true this is; we recently had a Sif Muna allruner on dashify.me who reported that the changes overall made channeling stronger in the early game and weaker later on. Further rebalancing is still probably needed. At the same time, though, the system will mean you need to be conscious of how much glow your spells cost and maybe think twice about whether you really want to use Haste. Wielding a staff of discharge will also help.

graffen69 wrote:I realize summoning pets have been an issue in the original version but maybe raising pet-kill-exp to normal level or lowering the glow on both Channeling/Summon (maybe all higher level) casts would balance it out a bit? But it brings up another question; will summoners stay the same in Light, what with the coming changes in DCSS?

Maybe, maybe not; for major balance changes in Stone Soup, my plan is to see how they work out before deciding on whether to import them.

graffen69 wrote:Will continue playing both versions and all in all, very happy DCSS Light exists where avoiding non intended trips to abyss is heackualot easier and pure, non-ranged Melee toons actually stands a fighting chance to ascend :D

Glad you're enjoying it!

Lair Larrikin

Post Sunday, 10th March 2013, 22:31

little bump on that gem.

I have been playing since a few hours with this and i was surprised to like this variant a very lot.
Thank you very much for having shared it.

Crawl Light with its specific changes gives a completely different gameplay, much more coffee breaker than the long dedicaced runs of the original version, and that difficulty ingame based on player choice to open those gives some geniune fun too.

I love it, keep up the good work !

I found the last version here as the links of the 1st post seem to point to not existing anymore old versions
https://github.com/dtsund/crawl-light/downloads

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 15th March 2013, 07:49

Glad you've been enjoying it!

Development's been on hiatus for a while, but has recently been picked up again; here's a teaser of what'll be coming in the next binary release (I'll need to find hosting other than Github, since they discontinued that service)...

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 20th April 2013, 13:53

That teaser really looked like such a fun twist on the game to the point of inspiring me with some proposals for another roguelike.
Got a rough estimate when that version will be out?

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 10th August 2013, 17:31

Trying my first CL-15-runer but I cannot seem to find any info on how to enter Pandemonium. Getting a message:
The gate appears to be sealed; there isn´t enough ambient evil to pass through it”
What am I missing?
Last edited by graffen69 on Tuesday, 13th August 2013, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 10th August 2013, 19:17

The last time I played you had to get the abyssal rune before going through the portal thing on d(13?ish?) or it locked you out of some stuff including pan and hell I think

For this message the author One-Eyed Jack has received thanks:
graffen69

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 2nd April 2014, 06:35

Alright, I think now's as good a time as any to get Crawl Light resurrected. And to that end...

New builds!

Things that have changed since the last development release:

Zin has been completely overhauled.
  • Recite has been removed.
  • Vitalisation has been removed.
  • Imprison has been removed (though this one might wind up returning).
  • New invocation: Issue Edict. Zin followers may declare laws - intelligent creatures must follow them or else face Zin's wrath, unintelligent foes have their violations partially nullified as an example for intelligent beings to follow.
  • Example edicts: No Axes, No Fire, No Translocations.
  • Intelligent HD 6 or lower foes always obey edicts; tougher enemies have a (HD - 6)/HD chance of deciding to break them.
  • Transgressing intelligent enemies are punished first with progressively heavier smites, then with more severe effects as Zin gradually gets angrier at them.
  • Zin's anger toward monsters fades over time, to prevent degenerate tactics.
  • Transgressing players suffer piety loss.
  • Up to three edicts may be active at once; they are permanent until canceled, but expensive to issue.
  • New invocation: Absolution. Clears all active edicts.
  • New invocation: Issue Commandment. Create a short-lived, wide-reaching law that no intelligent creature will dare violate.
  • Commandments: No Movement, No Melee Combat, No Spellcasting.
  • Players violating a commandment are instantly excommunicated.
  • Sanctuary and Cure All Mutations remain in place.

The current implementation of this new, more cohesive Zin is subject to change based on feedback. In particular, the piety costs of the new invocations, the likelihood of monsters violating edicts, and Zin's punishments to transgressing monsters are all likely to vary in the future.

Other changes
  • Ignite Poison's schools have changed from Fire/Transmutation to Fire/Sorcery.
  • New spell: Toxic Shield. Level 3 Enchantment/Sorcery; while active, reduces the accuracy and damage of poisoned foes attacking the player. More heavily poisoned foes face harsher penalties.
  • Overhauled the Venom Mage starting spellbook: now Sting, Poison Weapon, Toxic Shield, Olgreb's Toxic Radiance, Ignite Poison, Venom Bolt.
  • Changed the text on the scroll of forbidden knowledge; hopefully it's clearer how to enter Hell now.
  • Fixed a bug causing animated magical staves to always appear to be staves of wizardry.
  • Fixed a bug where the drop menu in console mode had visible formatting tags.
  • Fixed a bug causing Arena matches to crash after ten turns, and another causing Arena matches to crash when something dies.
  • Stone Soup import: x-v on a monster shows its possible spell lists.

For this message the author dtsund has received thanks: 3
Leafsnail, nago, Patashu

Pandemonium Purger

Post Wednesday, 2nd April 2014, 10:30

Hi, the download link you provide for win32-tiles crashes.
It gets as far as 'Loading maps...' and then kaboom, it's gone.
Happens consistently to me and my friend, so should be reproducible. Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit is my OS.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 2nd April 2014, 10:31

dtsund: Very interesting! I am sad to see Imprison go, but you said it still has a fighting chance.

Also yay to resurrection! We now see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 2nd April 2014, 10:45

Patashu wrote:Hi, the download link you provide for win32-tiles crashes.
It gets as far as 'Loading maps...' and then kaboom, it's gone.
Happens consistently to me and my friend, so should be reproducible. Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit is my OS.

Same here on WinXP SP3.
wins: yes

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 2nd April 2014, 15:35

Aah, fixed. Sorry about that, there were some bad .des files in the Windows uploads (the Linux uploads were fine). My regular Windows build setup recently broke, and I was careless in assembling them this time.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Wednesday, 2nd April 2014, 22:40

That Zin change looks pretty cool, actually. It always struck me as strange that the God of Order has one of the most chaotic abilities.

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 3rd April 2014, 02:07

Wow I thought this was dead :D

Slight issue, quaffing a potion of healing was apparently a violation of the "no summoning" edict.

Zin has always been the coolest god, and this version is no different. Lots of fun, feels very powerful. I also feel like piety really matters, as opposed to normal Zin, where for most of the game you can spam Vitalise/Imprison more or less without repercussion. Mad props.

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 3rd April 2014, 04:38

Volteccer_Jack wrote:Slight issue, quaffing a potion of healing was apparently a violation of the "no summoning" edict.

Oh dear. I see exactly what's causing this, and, uh... let's just say this isn't the only false positive. I may need to put out a fix tonight.

Remember kids: switch statements need break statements.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 4th April 2014, 10:16

New builds uploaded.

Included: A fix for the reported edict false positive (and many others), as well as some Stone Soup imports. Nothing particularly new, but it should feel slightly closer to modern Stone Soup in some ways.

Swamp Slogger

Post Friday, 4th April 2014, 22:14

So I just finished playing an easy game of Crawl Light. It is a good game and loads of fun. Thanks for making it, dtsund!

I like the elimination of the food clock and the hassle of basic ammo. I'm also happy to see the return of the Mountain Dwarf and the Hive! Getting rid of the Identification game also helped simplify gameplay. The whole "choose your Acquirement" option is just awesome. I used three and two gave me decent gear, and one ended up giving me choices between numerous "meh" items still. Not too shabby!

Trog piety improved at about the same pace I'm used to seeing in Stone Soup. I couldn't tell for certain, but it seemed like I was getting better loot as well. One thing that seemed odd was XP gain. I maxed out Bows around midgame and thereafter I seemed to gain skills really slowly. By the time I ascended, I hadn't gotten another skill into two digits. That seems low to me, even with Centaur's apts. Did I do something wrong?

Anyway, thanks again, dtsund, for your hard work on this. I look forward to opening Pandoora my next game! :mrgreen:

Code:

Crawl Light version 0.2-L-1683-g4434da0 character file.

1851272 Runner the Merry Centaur (level 27, 176/176 (177) HPs)
             Began as a Centaur Berserker on Apr 3, 2014.
             Was the Champion of Trog.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 3 runes on Apr 4, 2014!

The game lasted 04:42:00 (57003 turns, 0 Pandooras opened).

Runner the Merry Centaur (Centaur Berserker)       Turns: 57003, Time: 04:42:00

HP 176/176 (177) AC 27     Str 24      Exp: 27/1407716 (1156775)
MP  20/20        EV 12     Int  6      God: Trog [******]
Gold 2957        SH  0     Dex 22      Spells:  0 memorised, 28 levels left

Res.Fire  : + + +   See Invis. : +    w - elf longbow
Res.Cold  : + + .   Warding    : . .  y - troll leather armour of Context {rF++ rC+
Life Prot.: . . .   Conserve   : +    (no shield)
Res.Acid. : . . .   Res.Corr.  : .    P - helmet "Koibrof" {rPois}
Res.Poison: +       Clarity    : .    q - cloak of the Ditch-Digger {+Inv Str+1 Acc-
Res.Elec. : +       Spirit.Shd : .    g - pair of gloves
Sust.Abil.: . .     Stasis     : .    Q - centaur barding
Res.Mut.  : .       Ctrl.Telep.: .    S - amulet of conservation
Res.Rott. : .       Levitation : .    s - ring "Shrocw Nupru" {rElec rF+ MR Acc+3 Da
Saprovore : . . .   Ctrl.Flight: .    J - ring of slaying

@: very quick, extremely resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely unstealthy
A: hooves 3, deformed body 1, speed 2, tough skin 3
a: Burn Spellbooks, Berserk, Trog's Hand, Brothers in Arms, Renounce Religion,
Evoke Invisibility
}: 3/15 runes: serpentine, barnacled, silver

You escaped.
You worshipped Trog.
Trog was exalted by your worship.
You visited 11 branches of the dungeon, and saw 48 of its levels.
You visited 1 Labyrinth.
You visited 1 bazaar.
You visited 3 portal chambers: sewer, Hall of Pan, spiders nest.

You collected 9130 gold pieces.
You spent 6193 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 a - the +7,+7 longbow "Psoveneo" {god gift;, frost, -CAST rF+ MR}
   (Trog gifted it to you on level 9 of the Dungeon)   

It turns projectiles fired from it into bolts of frost.

It protects you from fire.
   It increases your resistance to enchantments.
   It prevents spellcasting.
 b - a +6,+6 elven longbow of flame {god gift}
 w - a +6,+6 elven longbow of velocity (weapon)
Missiles
 R - 151 arrows of dispersal
Armour
 g - a +2 pair of gloves of dexterity (worn)
 q - the +2 cloak of the Ditch-Digger (worn) {+Inv Str+1 Acc-1 Stlth--}
   (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)   

It affects your strength (+1).
   It affects your accuracy (-1).
   It lets you turn invisible.
   It makes you much less stealthy.
 y - the +3 troll leather armour of Context (worn) {rF++ rC+ Stlth--}
   (You bought it in a shop in a bazaar)   

It greatly protects you from fire.
   It protects you from cold.
   It makes you much less stealthy.
 P - the +2 helmet "Koibrof" (worn) {rPois}
   (You found it on level 2 of the Snake Pit)   

It protects you from poison.
 Q - a +4 centaur barding of cold resistance (worn)
Magical devices
 e - a wand of hasting (4)
 f - a wand of healing (4)
 k - a wand of hasting (8)
 n - a wand of frost (9)
 v - a wand of digging (5)
 E - a wand of invisibility (3)
 H - a wand of teleportation (5)
 L - a wand of invisibility (6)
 M - a wand of teleportation (8)
Scrolls
 d - 2 scrolls of teleportation
 j - 7 scrolls of recharging
 I - a scroll of blinking
Jewellery
 l - a ring of protection from magic
 p - the amulet of Cekugob {Ward -TELE rElec rPois rN+ AC+1 EV+1}
   (You found it in a spider's nest)   

[amulet of warding]

It affects your AC (+1).
   It affects your evasion (+1).
   It insulates you from electricity.
   It protects you from poison.
   It protects you from negative energy.
   It prevents most forms of teleportation.
 s - the ring "Shrocw Nupru" (right hand) {rElec rF+ MR Acc+3 Dam+3 SInv}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 3 of the Orcish Mines)   

[ring of slaying]
   It affects your accuracy (+3).
   It affects your damage-dealing abilities (+3).

It protects you from fire.
   It insulates you from electricity.
   It increases your resistance to enchantments.
   It enhances your eyesight.
 B - a ring of teleport control
 D - a ring of teleportation
 J - a +3,+5 ring of slaying (left hand)
 N - the ring "Deawozey" {+Lev Str+2 Int+5}
   (You found it on level 6 of the Dungeon)   

[ring of levitation]

It affects your strength (+2).
   It affects your intelligence (+5).
 O - a ring of life protection
 S - an amulet of conservation (around neck)
 U - the amulet of Imivufuc {Clar rC+}
   (You found it on level 13 of the Dungeon)   

[amulet of clarity]

It protects you from cold.
 Z - an amulet of resist mutation
Potions
 c - 3 potions of agility
 m - 6 potions of restore abilities
 A - a potion of speed
 C - 2 potions of might
 F - 14 potions of heal wounds
 V - 13 potions of healing
 X - 3 potions of invisibility
Books
 x - a book of Zoology   

Spells                             Type                      Level
   Summon Butterflies                 Summoning                    1
   Sticks to Snakes                   Transmutation                2
   Call Canine Familiar               Summoning                    3
   Ice Form                           Ice/Transmutation            4
   Summon Ice Beast                   Ice/Summoning                5
   Summon Hydra                       Summoning                    7

Trog disapproves of the use of such an item.
 z - a book of the Sky   

Flight                             Enchantment/Air              3
   Insulation                         Enchantment/Air              4
   Airstrike                          Air                          4
   Silence                            Sorcery/Air                  5
   Lightning Bolt                     Conjuration/Air              5
   Deflect Missiles                   Enchantment/Air              6
   Conjure Ball Lightning             Conjuration/Air              7

G - a book of the Sky   

Flight                             Enchantment/Air              3
   Insulation                         Enchantment/Air              4
   Airstrike                          Air                          4
   Silence                            Sorcery/Air                  5
   Lightning Bolt                     Conjuration/Air              5
   Deflect Missiles                   Enchantment/Air              6
   Conjure Ball Lightning             Conjuration/Air              7

Orbs of Power
 h - an Orb of Zot

You had 1156775 experience left.

Skills:
 + Level 6 Fighting
 - Level 2 Axes
 - Level 3 Maces & Flails
 * Level 27 Bows
 - Level 6 Armour
 - Level 6 Dodging
 - Level 2 Stealth
 + Level 4 Traps & Doors
 - Level 3 Unarmed Combat
 - Level 1 Spellcasting

You had 28 spell levels left.
You didn't know any spells.

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (18/18)            Temple (0/1) D:3             Orc (3/3) D:6
    Elf (3/3) Orc:3          Lair (5/5) D:6          Shoals (3/3) Lair:3
  Slime (0/4) Lair:4        Snake (3/3) Lair:3         Hive (1/1) D:8
  Vault (5/5) D:10          Blade (1/1) Vault:3       Crypt (3/3) Vault:2
   Tomb (0/3) Crypt:2         Zot (3/3) D:18       

Altars:
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Okawaru
Sif Muna
The Shining One
Trog
Xom
Beogh
Jiyva

Shops:
D:3: (  Orc:1: [(?  Orc:3: *[?*!=/  Elf:1: *  Elf:2: *

Portals:
Hell: D:14 D:15 D:16 D:17 D:18
Abyss: D:15 D:16 D:18
Pan: D:17

Annotations
D:6 Harold
D:8 exclusion: silver statue
Shoals:3 exclusion: 2 oklob plants

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You have hooves in place of feet.
Armour fits poorly on your unusually shaped body.
You cover ground very quickly.
You have extremely tough skin (AC +3).

Message History

No unsafe monster in view!
There is a staircase leading out of the dungeon here.
Are you sure you want to win?
You have escaped!

.#         #.#    #.#
.#         #.#    #.#
.###########.######.#########
.##..........................
.##.###...###...###.#########
.##.#.............#.#
.##.#.............#.#
.##....###...###....#
.##....#<.....@#....#########
.##....#.......#.............
.##.#.............#.#########
.##.#......#......#.#
.##.#.............#.#
.......#.......#....#
.##....#>.....<#....#
.###...###...###....#
.# ##.............#.#

There were no monsters in sight!

Vanquished Creatures
  6 orbs of fire
  4 ancient liches (Zot:3)
  A curse toe (Crypt:3)
  2 Killer Klowns (Zot:3)
  3 golden dragons
  4 liches
  A quicksilver dragon (Vault:5)
  18 Orb Guardians (Zot:3)
  2 deep elf blademasters (Elf:3)
  A shadow dragon (Zot:3)
  9 storm dragons
  Kirke (D:13)
  A daeva (D:18)
  Frances (Elf:3)
  2 sphinxes
  Roxanne (Vault:1)
  3 draconian monks
  Ilsuiw (Shoals:3)
  5 frost giants
  9 ghouls
  A draconian knight (Zot:1)
  2 draconian scorchers (Zot:1)
  2 bone dragons (Zot:3)
  Wiglaf (Elf:3)
  2 orc warlords
  Louise (D:11)
  2 tentacled monstrosities
  Maud (Elf:2)
  2 draconian zealots
  14 stone giants
  3 draconian shifters
  3 fire giants
  An angel (D:18)
  A draconian annihilator (Zot:1)
  2 draconian callers
  5 grey draconians
  A curse skull (Crypt:3)
  3 green draconians (Zot:1)
  Jozef (D:6)
  7 deep elf annihilators (Elf:3)
  4 white draconians
  2 red draconians
  5 deep elf death magi (Elf:3)
  4 pale draconians
  A purple draconian (Zot:2)
  6 dire elephants (Lair:5)
  4 black draconians
  4 deep elf master archers (Elf:3)
  3 mottled draconians
  8 greater nagas (Snake:3)
  Snorg (D:17)
  4 deep elf sorcerers (Elf:3)
  17 yaktaur captains
  10 ettins
  A mummy priest (Crypt:2)
  5 dragons
  A minotaur (Lab)
  A siren (Shoals:2)
  23 vault guards (Vault:4)
  A storm dragon skeleton (Vault:3)
  4 merfolk aquamancers (Shoals:3)
  6 ice dragons
  4 hydras
  3 death cobs
  2 great orbs of eyes
  4 deep elf demonologists (Elf:3)
  Nessos (Elf:2)
  5 ogre magi
  A golden dragon skeleton (Zot:3)
  4 anacondas
  An iron dragon zombie (Crypt:2)
  A very ugly thing (Vault:3)
  27 dancing weapons
  A fire giant zombie (Vault:1)
  A rakshasa (D:15)
  8 orc high priests (Orc:3)
  2 deep trolls
  4 deep elf high priests (Elf:3)
  Nergalle (Vault:1)
  A fire giant skeleton (D:15)
  14 centaur warriors
  2 soul eaters
  2 griffons
  20 skeletal warriors
  20 deep elf knights
  A death drake (Zot:3)
  4 iron trolls
  2 hell knights (Vault:5)
  2 emperor scorpions (Port)
  A dire elephant zombie (Crypt:1)
  A stone giant skeleton (Crypt:1)
  A grey draconian zombie (Crypt:2)
  A mottled draconian zombie (Crypt:1)
  An elephant slug zombie (Crypt:2)
  10 naga warriors
  A wizard (D:15)
  16 merfolk impalers
  2 sea snakes (Shoals:1)
  4 giant amoebae
  5 flayed ghosts
  A death yak skeleton (Crypt:1)
  8 orc knights
  4 unseen horrors
  9 hill giants
  2 iron troll zombies
  A flaming corpse (Crypt:3)
  11 crystal golems (D:16)
  2 harpies
  A giant amoeba (shapeshifter) (Elf:1)
  Joseph (D:5)
  A large abomination (D:1)
  A necromancer (Crypt:2)
  2 elves (shapeshifter)
  A sea snake skeleton (Crypt:3)
  A statue (Elf:3)
  2 sixfirhies
  6 moths of wrath
  5 phantasmal warriors
  A wolf spider zombie (Crypt:3)
  6 cyclopes
  2 spiny worms
  A siren skeleton (Crypt:2)
  8 black mambas
  A sphinx simulacrum (D:15)
  Maurice (D:5)
  A dragon zombie (Crypt:1)
  2 stone golems
  A cyclops (shapeshifter) (Vault:4)
  8 wolf spiders
  A fire crab (D:13)
  An ice dragon zombie (Crypt:2)
  2 ettin zombies
  A slime creature (shapeshifter) (Vault:5)
  2 orange demons
  2 alligator zombies
  4 elephants (Lair:5)
  A dragon skeleton (Crypt:1)
  A spiny worm zombie (Crypt:1)
  4 trapdoor spiders
  2 ettin skeletons
  26 slime creatures
  A spiny frog (shapeshifter) (Vault:1)
  2 hellwings
  22 yaktaurs
  2 griffon skeletons
  A spriggan zombie (Crypt:1)
  5 spiny frogs
  8 naga magi (Snake:3)
  2 draconians (shapeshifter)
  A giant firefly zombie (Crypt:2)
  2 efreeti
  4 rock trolls
  7 guardian mummies
  A hill giant skeleton (Crypt:3)
  A komodo dragon (shapeshifter) (Vault:2)
  7 mermaids
  34 ugly things
  A raven zombie (Crypt:2)
  A redback (Port)
  10 trolls
  A wandering mushroom (Vault:5)
  Sonja (Orc:3)
  A rock troll zombie (D:12)
  A polar bear (Lair:5)
  16 two-headed ogres
  A blink frog (shapeshifter) (D:12)
  4 komodo dragons
  2 demonic crawlers (Vault:1)
  3 queen bees
  16 merfolk javelineers
  4 snapping turtles (Shoals:3)
  20 blink frogs
  A rock troll skeleton (D:15)
  An agate snail zombie (Crypt:1)
  A silent spectre (Crypt:1)
  4 giant toads
  A hairy devil (Elf:3)
  A blue devil (Elf:3)
  A grizzly bear (Lair:5)
  6 wraiths
  A spiny frog skeleton (Crypt:3)
  5 bumblebees
  42 yaks
  Edmund (D:6)
  An elephant zombie (Crypt:2)
  4 wyverns
  A chaos spawn (Elf:3)
  An elephant skeleton (Crypt:1)
  5 hogs (D:13)
  2 sharks (Lair:3)
  A viper (shapeshifter) (D:15)
  A ynoxinul (Elf:3)
  A clay golem (D:14)
  10 deep elf conjurers
  5 vampires
  24 vampire mosquitoes
  A fire drake (Lair:5)
  4 manticores
  A bumblebee (shapeshifter) (Vault:2)
  15 deep elf fighters
  2 hill giant simulacra
  6 hungry ghosts
  9 hippogriffs
  4 soldier ants
  A yaktaur zombie (Vault:2)
  11 war dogs
  4 mottled dragons
  7 deep elf summoners
  A gargoyle (Vault:1)
  4 hell hounds (D:18)
  6 freezing wraiths
  An orange crystal statue (D:16)
  A cyclops zombie (D:12)
  16 necrophages
  A wyvern skeleton (Crypt:2)
  52 merfolk
  22 orc warriors
  2 kobold demonologists
  3 black bears
  A red devil (Elf:2)
  2 cyclops skeletons
  3 sky beasts
  2 queen bee zombies
  16 ogres
  A merfolk (shapeshifter) (D:15)
  A yak zombie (Crypt:3)
  6 deep elf priests
  5 giant goldfish
  A bumblebee zombie (Crypt:1)
  2 rock worm zombies
  8 yellow wasps
  5 phantoms
  A yak skeleton (Crypt:1)
  7 crocodiles
  27 centaurs
  6 gila monsters
  A hippogriff skeleton (Crypt:3)
  11 deep elf magi
  10 wargs
  43 nagas
  A rotting devil (Orc:3)
  6 giant slugs
  9 giant frogs
  A brain worm (D:11)
  A soldier ant zombie (Crypt:2)
  A tarantella zombie (Crypt:2)
  2 tarantellas (Port)
  2 agate snails (Lair:3)
  7 big kobolds
  4 gnoll sergeants
  16 water moccasins
  A two-headed ogre skeleton (Crypt:3)
  A boulder beetle (shapeshifter) (Vault:5)
  5 boulder beetles
  4 eyes of draining
  93 killer bees
  A gila monster zombie (Crypt:2)
  A pulsating lump (D:18)
  A crocodile zombie (Crypt:2)
  A demonspawn zombie (Crypt:1)
  14 wights
  2 big kobold zombies
  6 goliath beetles
  A mottled dragon zombie (Crypt:1)
  7 shadows
  8 jellyfish
  A felid skeleton (Crypt:3)
  6 electric eels
  5 spiders (Port)
  A quasit (D:10)
  6 hounds
  2 big kobold skeletons
  4 crimson imps
  2 hound zombies
  31 orc priests
  2 big fish (Lair:1)
  9 iguanas
  A warg simulacrum (Crypt:3)
  5 worker ants
  39 deep elf soldiers
  14 orc wizards
  5 porcupines
  An orange rat skeleton (Crypt:3)
  A killer bee simulacrum (Crypt:3)
  8 scorpions
  A steam dragon zombie (Crypt:3)
  A spectral orc (Vault:1)
  7 sheep
  A steam dragon skeleton (Crypt:3)
  4 jellies
  2 goliath beetle zombies
  3 mummies
  11 boggarts
  4 flying skulls
  22 green rats
  A midge (D:16)
  19 snakes
  A giant centipede zombie (D:7)
  A halfling skeleton (Crypt:3)
  3 giant mites
  A snake skeleton (Vault:5)
  12 white imps (Lair:1)
  4 giant centipedes
  A shadow imp (D:16)
  5 grey rats
  A gnoll skeleton (Vault:2)
  4 giant eyeballs
  8 giant geckos
  A gnoll simulacrum (Crypt:3)
  18 jackals
  2 oozes
  148 orcs
  8 giant cockroaches
  2 giant spores
  17 goblins
  10 hobgoblins
  3 quokkas
  A giant gecko zombie (Crypt:2)
  7 giant newts
  A jackal skeleton (Vault:2)
  38 kobolds
  22 megabats
  A quokka (shapeshifter) (Vault:5)
  7 small snakes
  A small snake simulacrum (Crypt:3)
  A hobgoblin skeleton (Crypt:1)
  52 killer bee larvae
  A kobold skeleton (D:13)
  An orc skeleton (D:8)
  3 orc zombies
  18 rats
  6 ballistomycetes (D:7)
  A bush (D:3)
  A butterfly (Vault:5)
  2 fungi (Elf:2)
  10 plants
2039 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (collateral kills)
  A frost giant (Vault:5)
1 creature vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (others)
  2 merfolk aquamancers (Shoals:3)
  An anaconda skeleton (Crypt:3)
  2 slime creatures
  A troll (Zot:1)
  A wraith (Vault:5)
  An ogre (D:16)
  A flying skull (Crypt:3)
  2 snakes
  An orc (Orc:2)
  A hobgoblin (D:6)
  A killer bee larva (D:8)
  A rat (D:6)
  2 bushes (D:6)
  7 plants (D:6)
  6 toadstools
30 creatures vanquished.

Grand Total: 2070 creatures vanquished

Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
--------------------------------------------------------------
     0 | D:1      | Runner, the Centaur Berserker, began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1      | Reached XP level 1. HP: 21/21 MP: 0/0
   246 | D:1      | Reached XP level 2. HP: 22/28 MP: 1/1
   422 | D:1      | Gained mutation: Your muscles are strong (Str +1).
   815 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Dodging
   816 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Armour
  1084 | D:2      | Acquired Trog's second power
  1100 | D:2      | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
  1148 | D:2      | Reached XP level 3. HP: 26/34 MP: 1/1
  1798 | D:3      | Found a staircase to the Ecumenical Temple.
  1876 | D:3      | Noticed a black bear
  1877 | D:3      | Found a bloodstained altar of Trog.
  1877 | D:3      | Noticed a black bear
  1886 | D:3      | Defeated a black bear
  1886 | D:3      | Reached XP level 4. HP: 41/41 MP: 2/2
  1886 | D:3      | Reached XP level 5. HP: 48/48 MP: 3/3
  1891 | D:3      | Reached skill level 1 in Maces & Flails
  1893 | D:3      | Defeated a black bear
  1893 | D:3      | Reached XP level 6. HP: 45/54 MP: 3/3
  2068 | D:3      | Reached skill level 4 in Fighting
  2150 | D:3      | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
  2316 | D:3      | Found Yluigom's Antique Weapon Emporium.
  2371 | D:3      | Reached skill level 1 in Unarmed Combat
  2698 | D:4      | Noticed a grey rat
  2699 | D:4      | Found a glowing drain.
  2707 | D:4      | Defeated a grey rat
  2777 | sewer    | Entered the sewers
  2790 | sewer    | Acquired Trog's third power
  2975 | sewer    | Reached XP level 7. HP: 62/62 MP: 4/4
  3018 | sewer    | Found a white marble altar of Elyvilon.
  3067 | D:4      | Reached skill level 5 in Fighting
  3080 | D:4      | Gained mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +1).
  3081 | D:4      | Gained mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +2).
  3529 | D:5      | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  3529 | D:5      | Found a sinister portal.
  3539 | pandoora | Entered a Pandoora
  3800 | D:5      | Noticed Maurice
  3866 | D:5      | Reached skill level 6 in Fighting
  3880 | D:5      | Defeated Maurice
  3880 | D:5      | Reached XP level 8. HP: 60/72 MP: 5/5
  3940 | D:5      | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 3 turns
  4287 | D:5      | Noticed Joseph
  4320 | D:5      | Defeated Joseph
  4320 | D:5      | Reached XP level 9. HP: 63/79 MP: 5/5
  4586 | D:5      | Reached skill level 1 in Bows
  4704 | D:5      | Reached skill level 5 in Bows
  4875 | D:6      | Reached skill level 7 in Bows
  4892 | D:6      | Reached skill level 8 in Bows
  4996 | D:6      | Noticed Edmund
  5015 | D:6      | Reached skill level 9 in Bows
  5040 | D:6      | Reached skill level 10 in Bows
  5079 | D:6      | Noticed a green rat
  5086 | D:6      | Defeated a green rat
  5087 | D:6      | Received a gift from Trog
  5150 | D:6      | Noticed a green rat
  5157 | D:6      | Defeated a green rat
  5189 | D:6      | Found a staircase to the Lair.
  5221 | D:6      | Reached skill level 11 in Bows
  5295 | D:6      | Defeated Edmund
  5413 | D:6      | Reached skill level 12 in Bows
  5415 | D:6      | Reached XP level 10. HP: 78/87 MP: 6/6
  5523 | D:5      | Received a gift from Trog
  5590 | D:5      | Reached skill level 13 in Bows
  5831 | D:6      | Found an ancient bone altar of Kikubaaqudgha.
  5843 | D:6      | Noticed a porcupine
  5846 | D:6      | Defeated a porcupine
  5875 | D:6      | Noticed a green rat
  5878 | D:6      | Defeated a green rat
  5946 | D:6      | Gained mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +3).
  5979 | D:6      | Received a gift from Trog
  6102 | D:6      | You fall through a shaft!
  6148 | D:8      | Noticed a sheep
  6155 | D:8      | Noticed a sheep
  6157 | D:8      | Noticed a sheep
  6158 | D:8      | Noticed a sheep
  6161 | D:8      | Defeated a sheep
  6163 | D:8      | Defeated a sheep
  6171 | D:8      | Defeated a sheep
  6174 | D:8      | Defeated a sheep
  6393 | D:8      | Reached skill level 14 in Bows
  6476 | D:8      | Reached XP level 11. HP: 29/94 MP: 7/7
  6572 | D:8      | Received a gift from Trog
  6965 | D:8      | Got the ring of Pydd {SustAb rF- rC+ Dam+2}
  7002 | D:7      | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 4 turns
  7077 | D:8      | Found a staircase to the Hive.
  7122 | D:8      | Noticed a silver statue
  7552 | D:6      | Received a gift from Trog
  7587 | D:6      | Got the ring "Deawozey" {+Lev Str+2 Int+5}
  7732 | D:6      | Found a staircase to the Orcish Mines.
  7780 | Lair:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
  8063 | D:7      | Got the +2 leather armour of the King {rPois rN+ Dex-3 Int+2 Stlth++}
  8150 | D:8      | Noticed an ufetubus
  8153 | D:8      | Noticed a shadow imp
  8154 | D:8      | Noticed a red devil
  8155 | D:8      | Noticed a sun demon
  8157 | D:8      | Noticed a sixfirhy
  8159 | D:8      | Noticed a ynoxinul
  8160 | D:8      | Noticed a midge
  8166 | D:7      | Noticed Harold
  8357 | D:6      | Received a gift from Trog
  8367 | D:6      | Got the +7,+6 bow of Articulation {god gift; frost, rPois rF++ Str+4 Dex+3}
  8402 | D:7      | Reached skill level 15 in Bows
  8420 | D:7      | Noticed Jozef
  8452 | D:6      | Defeated Jozef
  8630 | D:8      | Reached skill level 1 in Stealth
  8730 | Lair:1   | Got the +0 robe of Sin {rC+}
  8846 | Lair:1   | Received a gift from Trog
  8930 | Lair:1   | Found a frozen archway.
  9054 | Lair:1   | Received a gift from Trog
  9102 | Lair:1   | Reached XP level 12. HP: 90/101 MP: 7/7
  9290 | Lair:1   | Received a gift from Trog
  9293 | Lair:1   | Reached skill level 16 in Bows
  9748 | Lair:2   | Found a crumbling entrance.
  9757 | Spider   | Entered a spider's nest
  9883 | Spider   | Received a gift from Trog
  9911 | Spider   | Got the amulet of Cekugob {Ward -TELE rElec rPois rN+ AC+1 EV+1}
 10344 | Lair:3   | Found a labyrinth entrance.
 10358 | Lab      | Entered a Labyrinth
 10789 | Lair:3   | Found a staircase to the Snake Pit.
 10817 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 17 in Bows
 10923 | Lair:3   | Found a staircase to the Shoals.
 11246 | Lair:3   | Received a gift from Trog
 11771 | Lair:4   | Received a gift from Trog
 11777 | Lair:4   | Found a staircase to the Slime Pits.
 11779 | Lair:4   | Found a viscous altar of Jiyva.
 11873 | Lair:4   | Reached XP level 13. HP: 106/106 MP: 8/8
 11925 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 18 in Bows
 12096 | Lair:4   | Gained mutation: Your muscles are strong (Str +2).
 12287 | Lair:5   | Entered Level 5 of the Lair of Beasts
 12459 | Lair:5   | Received a gift from Trog
 12460 | Lair:5   | Got the -3,+3 bow of Law {god gift; flame, rF+ Dex+1}
 13996 | Lair:5   | Reached skill level 19 in Bows
 14414 | Lair:5   | Reached XP level 14. HP: 87/112 MP: 9/9
 14677 | D:6      | Reached skill level 1 in Traps & Doors
 14679 | Orc:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Orcish Mines
 14679 | Orc:1    | Found Thiqifan's Magic Scroll Shoppe.
 14765 | Orc:3    | Entered Level 3 of the Orcish Mines
 14765 | Orc:3    | Found a staircase to the Elven Halls.
 14786 | Orc:3    | Received a gift from Trog
 14789 | Orc:3    | Reached skill level 20 in Bows
 14977 | Orc:3    | Found Iteucop's Magic Scroll Emporium.
 14981 | Orc:3    | Found Skiast's Assorted Antiques.
 15046 | Orc:3    | Noticed an orc high priest
 15052 | Orc:3    | Defeated an orc high priest
 15266 | Orc:1    | Received a gift from Trog
 15267 | Orc:1    | Got the -2,+4 longbow "Jaekinn" {god gift; frost, rElec rPois rF+ Dex-1}
 15295 | Orc:1    | Found Trerer's Antique Armour Shoppe.
 15302 | Orc:1    | Bought a +0 helmet for 72 gold pieces
 15487 | Orc:1    | Found Yghaocw's Weapon Emporium.
 15494 | Orc:1    | Received a gift from Trog
 15652 | Orc:3    | Noticed an orc high priest
 15675 | Orc:3    | Defeated an orc high priest
 15709 | Orc:3    | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 15723 | Orc:3    | Noticed an orc high priest
 15727 | Orc:3    | Defeated an orc high priest
 15746 | Orc:3    | Found Wituigah's Assorted Antiques.
 15759 | Orc:3    | Found Fasotex's Armour Boutique.
 15759 | Orc:3    | Noticed an orc high priest
 15759 | Orc:3    | Noticed an orc high priest
 15778 | Orc:3    | Defeated an orc high priest
 15784 | Orc:3    | Defeated an orc high priest
 15962 | Orc:3    | Received a gift from Trog
 15997 | Orc:3    | Noticed Sonja
 15999 | Orc:3    | Defeated Sonja
 16157 | Orc:3    | Found Mimijaf's Magical Wand Emporium.
 16278 | Orc:3    | Found a shimmering altar of Xom.
 16417 | Orc:3    | Noticed an orc high priest
 16423 | Orc:3    | Defeated an orc high priest
 16465 | Orc:3    | Found Ylefatze's Distillery.
 16465 | Orc:3    | Noticed an orc high priest
 16477 | Orc:3    | Defeated an orc high priest
 16503 | Orc:3    | Found Sumutasi's Jewellery Boutique.
 16503 | Orc:3    | Noticed an orc high priest
 16525 | Orc:3    | Defeated an orc high priest
 16541 | Orc:3    | Bought the ring "Shrocw Nupru" {rElec rF+ MR Acc+3 Dam+3 SInv} for 1446 gold pieces
 16674 | Orc:2    | Received a gift from Trog
 16954 | Hive     | Entered the Hive
 16956 | Hive     | Reached skill level 21 in Bows
 17150 | Hive     | Received a gift from Trog
 17183 | Hive     | Received a gift from Trog
 17303 | Hive     | Received a gift from Trog
 17391 | Hive     | Received a gift from Trog
 17392 | Hive     | Got the +2,+2 longbow of the Gnat {god gift; speed, Str+4}
 18055 | D:9      | Received a gift from Trog
 18056 | D:9      | Got the +7,+7 longbow "Psoveneo" {god gift; frost, -CAST rF+ MR}
 18434 | D:9      | Reached XP level 15. HP: 118/118 MP: 9/9
 18484 | D:9      | Received a gift from Trog
 18651 | D:9      | Received a gift from Trog
 18665 | D:9      | Reached skill level 22 in Bows
 18822 | D:9      | Received a gift from Trog
 19110 | D:10     | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
 19199 | D:10     | Noticed a +0,+0 flail
 19211 | D:10     | Defeated a +0,+0 flail
 19212 | D:10     | Found a staircase to the Vaults.
 19219 | D:10     | Noticed a +0,+0 trident
 19233 | D:10     | Defeated a +0,+0 trident
 19730 | D:10     | Received a gift from Trog
 19899 | D:10     | Received a gift from Trog
 20151 | D:10     | Received a gift from Trog
 20806 | D:11     | Noticed Louise
 20824 | D:11     | Defeated Louise
 20917 | D:11     | Received a gift from Trog
 21509 | D:11     | Reached skill level 5 in Dodging
 21517 | D:11     | Got the amulet "Neerog" {Faith +Blink +Rage rPois}
 21582 | D:11     | Got the +2 troll leather armour of the Beekeeper {Str+3 Dex+1}
 21750 | D:12     | Reached skill level 23 in Bows
 21921 | D:12     | Received a gift from Trog
 22167 | D:12     | Reached XP level 16. HP: 119/124 MP: 10/10
 22463 | D:13     | Noticed a hog
 22467 | D:13     | Defeated a hog
 22468 | D:13     | Noticed a hog
 22473 | D:13     | Defeated a hog
 22478 | D:13     | Defeated a hog
 22481 | D:13     | Defeated a hog
 22484 | D:13     | Defeated a hog
 22488 | D:13     | Noticed Kirke
 22498 | D:13     | Defeated Kirke
 22614 | D:13     | Noticed a draconian
 22621 | D:13     | Defeated a draconian
 22766 | D:13     | Got the amulet of Imivufuc {Clar rC+}
 22833 | D:13     | Received a gift from Trog
 22841 | D:13     | Reached skill level 24 in Bows
 22994 | D:13     | Received a gift from Trog
 23377 | Elf:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Elven Halls
 23545 | Elf:1    | Received a gift from Trog
 23717 | Elf:1    | Found Wuod Viu's Assorted Antiques.
 23771 | Elf:1    | Received a gift from Trog
 23772 | Elf:1    | Got the -6,+3 bow of the People {god gift; velocity, +Blink Int+1}
 24370 | Elf:2    | Received a gift from Trog
 24505 | Elf:2    | Received a gift from Trog
 24564 | Elf:2    | Found Oppostak's Assorted Antiques.
 24654 | Elf:2    | Noticed Maud
 24746 | Elf:2    | Defeated Maud
 24781 | Elf:2    | Received a gift from Trog
 24958 | Elf:3    | Entered Level 3 of the Elven Halls
 25045 | Elf:2    | Noticed Nessos
 25049 | Elf:2    | Defeated Nessos
 25170 | Elf:3    | Noticed Frances
 25197 | Elf:3    | Defeated Frances
 25202 | Elf:3    | Reached skill level 25 in Bows
 25442 | Elf:3    | Received a gift from Trog
 25909 | Elf:3    | Reached XP level 17. HP: 125/129 MP: 11/11
 25920 | Elf:3    | Noticed an orc knight
 25925 | Elf:3    | Defeated an orc knight
 25928 | Elf:3    | Received a gift from Trog
 25997 | Elf:3    | Noticed a deep elf blademaster
 26014 | Elf:3    | Reached skill level 26 in Bows
 26038 | Elf:3    | Defeated a deep elf blademaster
 26205 | Elf:3    | Noticed a deep elf master archer
 26211 | Elf:3    | Defeated a deep elf master archer
 26231 | Elf:3    | Noticed a deep elf master archer
 26235 | Elf:3    | Defeated a deep elf master archer
 26306 | Elf:3    | Noticed Wiglaf
 26310 | Elf:3    | Noticed a deep elf master archer
 26353 | Elf:3    | Defeated Wiglaf
 26513 | Elf:3    | Defeated a deep elf master archer
 26540 | Elf:3    | Noticed a deep elf blademaster
 26541 | Elf:3    | Noticed a deep elf master archer
 26563 | Elf:3    | Defeated a deep elf blademaster
 26602 | Elf:3    | Received a gift from Trog
 26615 | Elf:3    | Reached skill level 27 in Bows
 26653 | Elf:3    | Defeated a deep elf master archer
 27087 | Elf:3    | Got the +9 splint mail "Pedieffa" {rPois rC+ rN+}
 27094 | Elf:3    | Got the +6 splint mail "Bibrecess" {rF++}
 27127 | Elf:3    | Got the +10 plate mail of Ennui {Dex+2 Int+5}
 27180 | Elf:3    | Got the +2 cloak of the Ditch-Digger {+Inv Str+1 Acc-1 Stlth--}
 27658 | D:14     | Received a gift from Trog
 27713 | D:14     | Reached XP level 18. HP: 127/135 MP: 11/11
 27962 | D:14     | Received a gift from Trog
 28125 | D:14     | Found a gateway to Hell.
 28197 | D:14     | Got the +5,+4 longbow "Sisis" {god gift; venom, rElec MR}
 28262 | D:14     | Received a gift from Trog
 28397 | D:15     | Entered Level 15 of the Dungeon
 28535 | D:15     | Noticed a deep elf mage
 28540 | D:15     | Defeated a deep elf mage
 28541 | D:15     | Received a gift from Trog
 28673 | D:15     | Found a one-way gate to the infinite horrors of the Abyss.
 28677 | D:15     | Noticed a deep elf summoner
 28677 | D:15     | Defeated a deep elf summoner
 28811 | D:15     | Noticed an elf
 28813 | D:15     | Defeated an elf
 29268 | Elf:3    | Got the ring of the Turtle {rC+ Dex+1 Stlth+}
 30034 | D:15     | Noticed a viper
 30036 | D:15     | Defeated a viper
 30182 | D:15     | Noticed a merfolk
 30184 | D:15     | Defeated a merfolk
 30719 | D:16     | Received a gift from Trog
 30747 | D:16     | Noticed a warg
 30749 | D:16     | Defeated a warg
 30755 | D:16     | Noticed a warg
 30757 | D:16     | Noticed a warg
 30758 | D:16     | Defeated a warg
 30761 | D:16     | Defeated a warg
 30793 | D:16     | Noticed an orange demon
 30794 | D:16     | Noticed a midge
 30794 | D:16     | Noticed a shadow imp
 30796 | D:16     | Defeated a shadow imp
 30797 | D:16     | Received a gift from Trog
 30799 | D:16     | Defeated an orange demon
 30801 | D:16     | Defeated a midge
 30804 | D:16     | Noticed a sixfirhy
 30806 | D:16     | Noticed a hellwing
 30811 | D:16     | Defeated a hellwing
 30817 | D:16     | Defeated a sixfirhy
 30900 | D:16     | Reached XP level 19. HP: 140/140 MP: 12/12
 31023 | D:16     | Noticed a crystal golem
 31023 | D:16     | Noticed a crystal golem
 31040 | D:16     | Noticed a crystal golem
 31040 | D:16     | Noticed a crystal golem
 31077 | D:16     | Defeated a crystal golem
 31097 | D:16     | Defeated a crystal golem
 31124 | D:16     | Defeated a crystal golem
 31153 | D:16     | Defeated a crystal golem
 31171 | D:16     | Noticed an orange crystal statue
 31171 | D:16     | Noticed a crystal golem
 31227 | D:16     | Defeated a crystal golem
 31323 | D:16     | Defeated an orange crystal statue
 31400 | D:16     | Noticed a crystal golem
 31408 | D:16     | Defeated a crystal golem
 31436 | D:16     | Noticed a crystal golem
 31436 | D:16     | Noticed a crystal golem
 31466 | D:16     | Defeated a crystal golem
 31481 | D:16     | Defeated a crystal golem
 31546 | D:16     | Found a deep blue altar of Sif Muna.
 31550 | D:16     | Noticed a crystal golem
 31564 | D:16     | Defeated a crystal golem
 31566 | D:16     | Noticed a crystal golem
 31586 | D:16     | Defeated a crystal golem
 31589 | D:16     | Noticed a crystal golem
 31605 | D:16     | Defeated a crystal golem
 32269 | D:17     | Reached skill level 5 in Armour
 32578 | D:17     | Found a one-way gate leading to the halls of Pandemonium.
 32654 | D:17     | Noticed Snorg
 32659 | D:17     | Defeated Snorg
 32759 | D:18     | Entered Level 18 of the Dungeon
 32759 | D:18     | Noticed a pulsating lump
 32762 | D:18     | Defeated a pulsating lump
 32873 | D:18     | Received a gift from Trog
 33186 | D:18     | Received a gift from Trog
 33288 | D:18     | Noticed a daeva
 33297 | D:18     | Defeated a daeva
 33306 | D:18     | Noticed an angel
 33331 | D:18     | Defeated an angel
 34126 | Snake:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Snake Pit
 34283 | Snake:1  | Received a gift from Trog
 34634 | Snake:2  | Found a flickering gateway to a bazaar.
 34639 | bazaar   | Entered a bazaar
 34653 | bazaar   | Found Smefrilimn's Armour Shoppe.
 34653 | bazaar   | Found Vowkiov's Magic Scroll Emporium.
 34674 | bazaar   | Found Woruuc's Armour Shoppe.
 34674 | bazaar   | Found Xeughach's Antique Armour Emporium.
 34695 | bazaar   | Found Psisepp's Antique Weapon Shoppe.
 34695 | bazaar   | Found Muas' Book Emporium.
 34716 | bazaar   | Found Viegit's Magic Scroll Shoppe.
 34716 | bazaar   | Found Tiuqoati's Antique Armour Emporium.
 34758 | bazaar   | Bought the +3 troll leather armour of Context {rF++ rC+ Stlth--} for 3880 gold pieces
 34765 | bazaar   | Bought a scroll of vorpalise weapon for 220 gold pieces
 34821 | bazaar   | Bought a scroll of acquirement for 520 gold pieces
 34823 | bazaar   | Bought a scroll of enchant armour for 55 gold pieces
 35040 | Snake:2  | Got the +2 helmet "Koibrof" {rPois}
 35316 | Snake:2  | Reached XP level 20. HP: 147/147 MP: 13/13
 35320 | Snake:2  | Gained mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +4).
 36125 | Snake:3  | Entered Level 3 of the Snake Pit
 36172 | Snake:3  | Received a gift from Trog
 36559 | Snake:3  | Received a gift from Trog
 36826 | Snake:3  | Received a gift from Trog
 36994 | Snake:3  | Received a gift from Trog
 37036 | Snake:3  | Got a serpentine rune of Zot
 37520 | Shoals:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Shoals
 37541 | Shoals:1 | Received a gift from Trog
 37896 | Shoals:1 | Received a gift from Trog
 38626 | Shoals:2 | Received a gift from Trog
 38768 | Shoals:3 | Entered Level 3 of the Shoals
 38873 | Shoals:3 | Received a gift from Trog
 38906 | Shoals:3 | Noticed Ilsuiw
 38940 | Shoals:3 | Defeated Ilsuiw
 38959 | Shoals:3 | Reached XP level 21. HP: 123/152 MP: 13/13
 39349 | Shoals:3 | Received a gift from Trog
 39351 | Shoals:3 | Got the -1,+2 bow "Leuly" {god gift; flame, MR}
 39393 | Shoals:3 | Got a barnacled rune of Zot
 39851 | Vault:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Vaults
 40201 | Vault:1  | Received a gift from Trog
 40342 | Vault:1  | Noticed a gargoyle
 40349 | Vault:1  | Defeated a gargoyle
 40489 | Vault:1  | Noticed Nergalle
 40495 | Vault:1  | Defeated Nergalle
 40504 | Vault:1  | Noticed Roxanne
 40528 | Vault:1  | Defeated Roxanne
 40528 | Vault:1  | Received a gift from Trog
 40696 | Vault:1  | Received a gift from Trog
 41041 | Vault:2  | Received a gift from Trog
 41278 | Vault:2  | Found a staircase to the Crypt.
 41347 | Vault:2  | Received a gift from Trog
 41692 | Vault:2  | Noticed an orc warlord
 41704 | Vault:2  | Defeated an orc warlord
 41714 | Vault:2  | Found an iron altar of Okawaru.
 41998 | Vault:3  | Received a gift from Trog
 42281 | Vault:3  | Found a staircase to the Hall of Blades.
 42319 | Vault:3  | Reached XP level 22. HP: 149/156 MP: 14/14
 42919 | Vault:4  | Received a gift from Trog
 42982 | Vault:4  | Gained mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +5).
 43536 | Vault:5  | Entered Level 5 of the Vaults
 43597 | Vault:4  | Received a gift from Trog
 44057 | Vault:4  | Received a gift from Trog
 44319 | Vault:4  | A hill giant changed into a pulsating lump
 44320 | Vault:4  | A pulsating lump changed into a cyclops
 44348 | Vault:5  | Noticed a deep elf priest
 44364 | Vault:4  | Defeated a deep elf priest
 45219 | Vault:5  | Reached XP level 23. HP: 125/160 MP: 15/15
 45244 | Vault:5  | Received a gift from Trog
 45282 | Vault:5  | Got a silver rune of Zot
 45365 | Vault:5  | Got the ring "Mugi" {Dex+4 Int-1 Acc+1}
 45826 | Vault:5  | Received a gift from Trog
 45949 | Vault:5  | Noticed an orc warlord
 45956 | Vault:5  | Defeated an orc warlord
 46180 | Vault:5  | Received a gift from Trog
 46208 | Vault:5  | Got the ring "Owahiwna" {rC+ Dex+3 Int+4 SInv}
 46436 | Vault:5  | Noticed a quicksilver dragon
 46442 | Vault:5  | Defeated a quicksilver dragon
 47000 | Vault:5  | Received a gift from Trog
 47000 | Vault:5  | Reached XP level 24. HP: 164/164 MP: 15/15
 47113 | Vault:5  | Noticed a deep elf conjurer
 47115 | Vault:5  | Defeated a deep elf conjurer
 47324 | Vault:5  | Received a gift from Trog
 47807 | Blade    | Entered the Hall of Blades
 48371 | Crypt:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Crypt
 49377 | Crypt:2  | Reached XP level 25. HP: 149/168 MP: 16/16
 49941 | Crypt:2  | Found a staircase to the Tomb.
 50120 | Crypt:3  | Entered Level 3 of the Crypt
 50955 | Crypt:3  | Noticed a lich
 50964 | Crypt:3  | Noticed an ancient lich
 50980 | Crypt:3  | Noticed a reaper
 51556 | Zot:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Realm of Zot
 51561 | Zot:1    | Reached skill level 1 in Spellcasting
 51582 | Zot:1    | Noticed an orb of fire
 51600 | Zot:1    | Defeated an orb of fire
 51657 | Zot:1    | Received a gift from Trog
 51700 | Zot:1    | Noticed an orb of fire
 51700 | Zot:1    | Lost mutation: Your muscles are strong (Str +2).
 51745 | Zot:1    | Defeated an orb of fire
 52048 | Zot:3    | Entered Level 3 of the Realm of Zot
 52402 | Zot:2    | Reached XP level 26. HP: 172/172 MP: 20/20
 53198 | Zot:3    | Received a gift from Trog
 53893 | Zot:3    | Noticed an ancient lich
 53905 | Zot:3    | Defeated an ancient lich
 53905 | Zot:3    | Reached XP level 27. HP: 126/176 MP: 20/20
 54040 | Zot:3    | Noticed an orb of fire
 54040 | Zot:3    | Gained mutation: Your body is slowly deteriorating.
 54055 | Zot:3    | Lost mutation: Your muscles are strong (Str +1).
 54066 | Zot:3    | Defeated an orb of fire
 54201 | Zot:3    | Noticed an ancient lich
 54202 | Zot:3    | Noticed an orb of fire
 54421 | Zot:3    | Defeated an ancient lich
 54621 | Zot:3    | Noticed an ancient lich
 54661 | Zot:3    | Noticed an ancient lich
 54874 | Zot:3    | Defeated an ancient lich
 54914 | Zot:3    | Defeated an ancient lich
 54938 | Zot:3    | Noticed an orb of fire
 54938 | Zot:3    | Gained mutation: You are frail (-10% HP).
 54945 | Zot:3    | Gained mutation: You tolerate magical contamination poorly.
 54958 | Zot:3    | Defeated an orb of fire
 54981 | Zot:3    | Gained mutation: You tolerate magical contamination very poorly.
 55000 | Zot:3    | Gained mutation: Your vision is a little blurry.
 55079 | Zot:3    | Gained mutation: Your body is deteriorating.
 55083 | Zot:3    | Defeated an orb of fire
 55390 | Zot:3    | HP: 7/158 [Orb Guardian (21)]
 55523 | D:18     | Lost mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +5).
 55523 | D:18     | Lost mutation: You tolerate magical contamination very poorly.
 55523 | D:18     | Lost mutation: Your vision is a little blurry.
 55524 | D:18     | Lost mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +3).
 55524 | D:18     | Lost mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +3).
 55524 | D:18     | Lost mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +2).
 55524 | D:18     | Lost mutation: Your body is deteriorating.
 55525 | D:18     | Lost mutation: Your body is slowly deteriorating.
 55525 | D:18     | Lost mutation: You are frail (-10% HP).
 55525 | D:18     | Lost mutation: You tolerate magical contamination poorly.
 55525 | D:18     | Lost mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +1).
 55671 | Zot:3    | Noticed an orb of fire
 55672 | Zot:3    | Gained mutation: Your body is slowly deteriorating.
 55689 | Zot:3    | Gained mutation: You heal slowly.
 55694 | Zot:3    | Gained mutation: You are clumsy (Dex -1).
 55695 | Zot:3    | Defeated an orb of fire
 56068 | D:18     | Lost mutation: You are clumsy (Dex -1).
 56068 | D:18     | Lost mutation: You heal slowly.
 56068 | D:18     | Lost mutation: Your body is slowly deteriorating.
 56285 | Zot:3    | Received a gift from Trog
 56494 | Zot:3    | Got an Orb of Zot
 56867 | D:8      | Noticed a blue devil
 56998 | D:1      | Noticed a large abomination
 57000 | D:1      | Defeated a large abomination
 57003 | D:$      | Escaped with the Orb!

P.S. Doing the Vault final floor with brogue style enemy movement is fun!

Eringya's Employee

Post Friday, 4th April 2014, 23:05

I just installed CL for the first time and I'm getting this.
Image 2.png
Image 2.png (1.78 KiB) Viewed 56080 times
I don't know if it's my fault or not.
Running the Windows version.
MuCK;
  Code:
612 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Slain by a gnoll

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 5th April 2014, 00:42

Trog piety improved at about the same pace I'm used to seeing in Stone Soup. I couldn't tell for certain, but it seemed like I was getting better loot as well. One thing that seemed odd was XP gain. I maxed out Bows around midgame and thereafter I seemed to gain skills really slowly. By the time I ascended, I hadn't gotten another skill into two digits. That seems low to me, even with Centaur's apts. Did I do something wrong?

My first Crawl Light win was a CeHu*TSO who 15-runed, and he maxed out every important skill without any grinding. You do get more and tougher monsters after opening Pandooras, so that at least partially accounts for the XP difference.

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 5th April 2014, 00:58

TehDruid wrote:I just installed CL for the first time and I'm getting this.
Image 2.png
I don't know if it's my fault or not.
Running the Windows version.

Not your fault; something went wrong with the Windows tiles packaging, and I'm not sure what. Rebuilding it resolved the issue, and the fixed package is uploaded.

I briefly run the tiles builds before uploading them to see if there's some sort of off-by-one issue with the tiles (which usually, but not always, means I forgot to commit part of some tiles change), but managed to overlook this one; usually, the results of an off-by-one are much more flagrant than this.

For this message the author dtsund has received thanks: 2
Robsoie, TehDruid

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 7th May 2014, 06:39

In case anyone's wondering, this isn't dead; I took a break for a while to play in the tournament (the better to learn what should and should not be imported, in part), and am back to merging Stone Soup code. It might be a while before I release another build, though; merging this, while good and necessary, has left the game in a slightly broken state.

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 9th May 2014, 09:00

So glad Crawl Light isn´t dead. :D
Still think CL has some superior mechanics to the original, like better item randomness.

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 13th May 2014, 15:03

edited

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 23rd May 2014, 12:30

Just noticed the new builds, thank you very much for working still on Crawl Light.

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 23rd May 2014, 19:03

Any chance of getting this to build on OSX?

Return to Game Design Discussion