Trunk Webtiles (crawlus) problem/bug

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Lair Larrikin

Post Saturday, 4th August 2012, 02:16

Trunk Webtiles (crawlus) problem/bug

I've had a KoIn going for a bit on the US webtiles server that runs trunk. Just yesterday when I went to start playing him again, the entire floor of the level he was on loads as black space. The minimap still shows things properly, and I can see items/walls/monsters, theres just no tile for the floor graphics.

Even weirder, I thought changing floors might fix it. Upon going upstairs, words fail me, as I am greeted with this:

Tried visiting a couple more floors, but those are just as blank as that first screenshot.

So yeah, wondering if there's a fix for this or if I should put up a bug report. Sorry if this has been mentioned before, did a bit of searching but didnt see anything. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Xom sounds like he would get a sex change once every couple of weeks just for the hell of it. - ElectricAlbatross

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 4th August 2012, 04:09

Re: Trunk Webtiles (crawlus) problem/bug

This happens in trunk when tiles get updated. Many of the floors you've already visited will look like that, but new floors shouldn't.

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 4th August 2012, 07:28

It doesn't happen in local tiles trunk. It has been fixed long ago. There isn't an official trunk webtiles, so maybe it's webtiles specific. Try clearing your browser's cache.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 4th August 2012, 09:57

This isn't webtiles-specific, it's reproducible with local tiles. Try for example the last save here.

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 4th August 2012, 10:55

I'm looking into this (I had been already), but the problem is, the bug is probably not happening when you load the game; it already happened when saving or before that. Somehow, the default tiles got changed to what you're seeing. Normally, that doesn't matter because they don't get used after level generation, so this can be invisible at first. But when you load the game with a newer version where the tiles have changed, it tries to regenerate the level tiles using the defaults, and you get what you're seeing now.

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 4th August 2012, 12:00

I've updated CSN to a new version that will hopefully fix part of the problem, namely the levels with black tiles. The levels plastered with portals will stay for now, unfortunately, because that's harder to detect. And I haven't made much progress finding the root cause of this so far.

For this message the author edlothiol has received thanks:
BlackSheep

Return to Technical Support