A few quirks in the new release.

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 26th June 2012, 15:50

A few quirks in the new release.

Some I suspect are just untimely items that are in the works, but one suspect is a bug and I have reported it as such.

The rod of destruction is missing the rod tile. The symbol shows up for its added attribute such as Air, Lighting, etc. but the picture for the rod is missing.

Killing the wisp too fast seems to cause the game to crash. I reported this (0005836) so if anyone is experiencing this, my solution was to pause 0.5 - 1.0 second between commands and I made it through the wisp swarms without crashing the game.

Regards,
Thurman

Windows Tile version o.11-a0-2368-g61a277a
One out of fouw people suffews fwom Ewmuh Fudd Syndwome. Guess whaaat?

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 26th June 2012, 19:18

Re: A few quirks in the new release.

The rod thing is a bug.

The wisp crash seems related to the sound support, which is pretty unmaintained.

For this message the author edlothiol has received thanks:
Thurman

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 26th June 2012, 23:14

The wisp issue is related to sound. I turn off all sound events and the issue left. I will have to think to do that on my next round of TS.

Regards,
Thurman

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 27th June 2012, 01:12

Just FYI, I am beginning to retract the previous statement. I have ran the swamp level again and again, and I am still getting crashes even with all of my sound events removed from the INIT.TXT file.

It is very random as to when it occurs, but it nearly always occurs with the insubstantial wisp hitting me. Out of the past 12 crashes, only once did it do it as I hit the wisp with a magic dart. I even made a run where I got to where the wisp were and just skipped the players turns until it crashed. I got hit twice by the wisp and the game crashed. It is as if the game is having a hard time with calculating the damage that the wisp does to me.

I am starting a fresh compile and going back in to see if it is just specific to this particular compile, I will return with further results.

Regards,
Thurman

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 27th June 2012, 12:45

the blinking crash is a known bug and it has been fixed in 0.11-a0-2377-g92d52c9
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

For this message the author galehar has received thanks:
Thurman

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 27th June 2012, 15:30

Cool, then I can stop trying to debug this then. I will make another pull and go from there.

Return to Technical Support