Deleting bones/high score files?

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Wednesday, 9th February 2011, 12:40

Deleting bones/high score files?

Crawl isn't telling me where the standard directory of the bones/high-score files are. I'm getting tired of getting killed by my ghosts. Is there a way to delete my bones files so I don't have to deal with them anymore? I'm using Windows Vista, but I'd be glad if people also told me how to get rid of them on an XP.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 9th February 2011, 14:57

Re: Deleting bones/high score files?

minmay wrote:Okay, apparently you also need to delete or rename your morgue files (in the "morgue" directory).

You sure? Bones are bones.xxx files in the save directory. And if the game was installed with the windows installer, then the saves and morgue directory won't be in the crawl directory, but in %APPDATA%\crawl.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 9th February 2011, 22:27

I believe the location depends on whether the installer was used or just a zip file downloaded.

IMO again it should all be the same, in the game / saves directory.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Thursday, 10th February 2011, 11:06

Can someone specify where in C:/? There's no Saves folder in my Crawl directory. I downloaded the installer file and not the Zip.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 10th February 2011, 13:33

Raymoo wrote:Can someone specify where in C:/? There's no Saves folder in my Crawl directory. I downloaded the installer file and not the Zip.

Start/Run
Type: %APPDATA%\crawl
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Return to Technical Support