YA(V)SD - TrSt of Jiyva

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Eringya's Employee

Post Monday, 5th March 2012, 18:07

YA(V)SD - TrSt of Jiyva

http://crawl.develz.org/morgues/0.10/TehDruid/morgue-TehDruid-20120305-175629.txt

Lessons to be learned: Vaults can ramp up the difficulty a lot due to level layout aside from the obvious fact that the monster set is dangerous. Even more so when you play like a retard like I do! :) (no offense to mentally challenged people out there)

I hate low AC combos!!! I've never managed to get a Troll with high AC ever and I said screw this I'm gonna play EV-based. Then at some point I found the Golden King in a room of Shoals but I didn't have enough STR to use it. Obviously. Xom what have I done to you...?

Found some epic (un)randarts in terms of resists though (amulet/robe). Oh hat of the alchemist, i'm gonna miss you. Till next we meet! :cry:

I am sorry Expendables, hubris got me again. -_-
MuCK;
  Code:
612 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Slain by a gnoll

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 5th March 2012, 19:05

Re: YA(V)SD - TrSt of Jiyva

I love the hat of the Alchemist. It's everything you could want in a hat. The only downsides are 1) no unarmed aux attack and 2) 1 less AC. Both of those are negligible downsides, so who cares!

Snake Sneak

Post Monday, 5th March 2012, 21:51

If you're with jiyva, you can put on the golden dragon armour and he will (over a few thousand turns) move your strength over until you can wear it properly

but your casting will still be annihilated as usual

Eringya's Employee

Post Monday, 5th March 2012, 21:59

Good to know Night! Any clues on how to weigh towards INT? Jiyva still insisted on having dex as my main stat.
MuCK;
  Code:
612 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Slain by a gnoll

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Monday, 5th March 2012, 22:10

Sad story.. I've never been brave enough to try Jivya but you were going pretty well. Although I imagine that Vault:8 was a good proving ground, wonder if you could have stalked your way through Zot for the win with Jivya's help with bypassing the Vault.

Not an effort to be ashamed of though! Don't worry, the Expendables will prevail! :)
  Code:
Jory screams, "No, no!" before exploding into a cloud of blood!

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 6th March 2012, 01:17

If there is a way to stop him from insisting you are a dex character, I haven't figure it out yet, and I've done quite a bit of testing

it could be the way it is on purpose.. for some kind of balance purpose.. but he will never just max out your intellect unless you pretty much only, only have magic skills. I think the problem is more in our perspective: Intellect is just so damn good that even hybrids don't give a single shit about strength(aside from carrying capacity, which is a constant annoyance as a jiyva worshipper :/) or dex.

I just make the best of it by putting points in dodging when the time comes that I can spare the exp. This was around level 25 on my current ogre hybrid though lol.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too