Vampire Assassin of Makhleb

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 21st December 2011, 21:20

Vampire Assassin of Makhleb

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to finish this game (or at least get deep).
And I watched a lot of webtiles to see how people act and how to avoid YASD's.
So I decided to start on a tactic of my own. It would be like this.
Start with a Vampire Assassin. When game start turn everything off except focus (+) in stabbing and stealth. And normally train (+) Fighting.
Clear out the first 2~3 floors like normal. Eat etc. Get Makhleb ASAP. When received still play as normal sacrifice as much corpses as possible.
When Piety level *: "Disciple of Annihilation" drop feeding as you've got HD - 1 + 1d(HD) for gaining health.
Dropping to Bloodless will increase Stealth even more. Stealth and stabbing are the most important. On levelup get Dex and Str on a 3 to 1 ratio starting with Str.
Evasion is more important than AC. When they can't hit you can't get damage. And you can take one beating as you get a Str and Fighting skill.

My main question is, how far am I off key? What do you all think of this idea? It's fairly logical but it's my first. I never even got to dungeon-level 11 or something.
Just wondering what I should improve and if it should work.

Thanks,
Robin

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 22nd December 2011, 09:46

Re: Vampire Assassin of Makhleb

Thanks a bunch I am going to add Charms and Hexes to this build. And redo the entire thing using your comments.
When I've changed it completely I'll repost.

Thanks =)

Vestibule Violator

Post Thursday, 22nd December 2011, 17:42

Re: Vampire Assassin of Makhleb

codeinject wrote:Evasion is more important than AC. When they can't hit you can't get damage.

True... but ask anyone who's had a spriggan with 40-50 EV and gets 1-shot if they wouldn't love some of that GDR provided by armor and see what they say.

Unless you are either restricted or wearing robes or resistance / archmagi, you probably want one of the less penalizing dragon armors for mid-late game.

For this message the author rebthor has received thanks:
codeinject

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice