Dolls

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 19th November 2011, 03:59

Dolls

I think the fact that your doll has to change appearance whenever you equip something severely limits how cool the dolls can actually look.

For example enemy spriggans and trolls look so much cooler than the player spriggan and trolls. There should be an option, I think, to have the cool looking dolls (that don't change appearance when you equip something) instead of the ugly ones.

I remember very early in my experience with this game seeing the awesome troll tiles and thinking "wow I want to play a troll!" then actually playing one for the first time and it just looking like a green human. I wasn't very pleased. :(

Lair Larrikin

Post Saturday, 19th November 2011, 06:30

Re: Dolls

There is! In trunk (maybe 0.9 too?) there's a mouseable button above the inventory called "Modify the player tile" click that then use the arrows to navigate the wardrobe choices. Alternatively the minus key "-" will open the same screen.

Edit: After some experimenting you can make the spriggan look pretty cool, but the troll stays green =/

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 19th November 2011, 14:13

That's not what I was talking about. My problem is that the player tile can't ever look like the monster tile. The player tile is warped into this human shape just so you can play dress up with different armors. Instead, I'd like the option to have the player tile look EXACTLY like the monster tile.

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 21st November 2011, 11:25

snow wrote:That's not what I was talking about. My problem is that the player tile can't ever look like the monster tile. The player tile is warped into this human shape just so you can play dress up with different armors. Instead, I'd like the option to have the player tile look EXACTLY like the monster tile.

Why would you prefer a more limited approach to one with way more variety?
By your logic we'd have exactly ONE weapon to use throughout the whole game, rather than a variety of weapons; just because ... you like it D:

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 21st November 2011, 11:32

dondy wrote:Why would you prefer a more limited approach to one with way more variety?
By your logic we'd have exactly ONE weapon to use throughout the whole game, rather than a variety of weapons; just because ... you like it D:

Choosing to use a static doll is entirely an aesthetic preference, though. It doesn't affect the gameplay at all.

Return to Technical Support