how to succeed with jiyva

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 7th July 2011, 00:45

how to succeed with jiyva

I'm looking for advice on what kind of character would work best to eventually worship jiyva. I was thinking troll transmuter would be fun but I haven't gotten one powerful enough to get to slime 6. Seems like one would need a high strength for carrying capacity. Also hopefully access to apportation. Maybe an ogre warper or something? ideas?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 7th July 2011, 00:55

Re: how to succeed with jiyva

Jiyva is terrible for most purposes, and if you're picking her up you're probably specifically looking for masochism. She's as bad or worse than Xom in that respect, because at least Xom never trashes the entire contents of your branch end reward before you even get to it. A versatile starting spellbook is definitely beneficial because you may be struggling to find another, for instance the transmuter or wizard books. You might want to pick an early deity that has easily manageable wrath because you will never see an early Jiyva altar with a character that you're planning to convert to Jiyva with.

The one role where Jiyva shines is in a speedrun, because she drops one Rune and quite a lot of loot right in your lap if you're fast enough to outrun the slimes. But if you're good enough to pull off a speedrun, you don't need any of the pathetic advice I can muster.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 7th July 2011, 01:01

Jiyva is surely a gimmick god, but the question is still valid: assuming I want to play a Jiyva follower, how to go about it?

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 7th July 2011, 01:07

I haven't ever played a Jivya character, but I've always assumed that some people do, right?

Is the fact that no one seems to talk about Jivya, or that when they do, the talk is dismissive or negative, indicative of a problem with Jivya? Or is it just a 'gimmick god' and that's OK?
Human kind cannot bear very much reality.
TSE

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 7th July 2011, 01:11

Oh, I think the god is clearly good for something. You just shouldn't expect Jiyva to compete with the standard pantheon. I don't think that Jiyva is so far behind the power curve that the god is crippled, anyway. The deity comes with a bizarre conduct and is not readily available -- these are surely obstacles to worldwide Jiyva domination!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 7th July 2011, 01:27

The availability is really the crippling issue. If you want to play a full-game Jiyva character… tough. There are no guaranteed spillover vaults, so your chances of getting access to your choice of deity before the game is already halfway over are pretty slim. And choice of deity is one of the three cardinal influences on your character's play style, so if you don't get your rare altar drop you can't even play Jiyva-lite.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 7th July 2011, 07:58

I've never played with Jiyva, but my understanding is that she's usually an endgame god. You switch to her when you've already cleared the dungeon and when most of the loot is worthless to you anyway.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 7th July 2011, 16:59

Just out of interest, why is there no guaranteed Jiyva altar outside of Slime 6?

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 8th July 2011, 11:02

I have seen a Jiyva altar on D1 - gave me heart failure.
A troll caster is a hybrid

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 8th July 2011, 17:40

I think I've seen one on D1 too. It was fatal, iirc. I guess my point is that if there's no particular reason for not having a guaranteed altar outside of Slime 6 then could one be added? Perhaps in Lair by the entrance to the Slime Pits (I believe one can appear there anyway)? Jiyva might be a bad choice for a god before the end-game but if people want to try more of the game with him (and I for one do) then why not make it easier?

Another question: is it possible to maintain a stash with Jiyva? The wiki suggests that he can destroy items even when you aren't on that level but not sure if it's accurate.

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 8th July 2011, 18:03

is it possible to maintain a stash with Jiyva? The wiki suggests that he can destroy items even when you aren't on that level but not sure if it's accurate.

My understanding is that off-level items each have a very small % chance to be "eaten" each turn. This is unlikely to affect everything in your (otherwise slime-proof) stash, but it's conceivably possible for it to take away that one spellbook you were coming back to your stash for, for instance.

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 8th July 2011, 18:05

you can put it in a teleport trap if you have teleport control. (it is my understanding that it is safe, but don't try it without further advice.)
Wins: DDBe (3 runes, morgue file)

For this message the author absolutego has received thanks:
tormodpwns

Swamp Slogger

Post Saturday, 9th July 2011, 04:13

The only time I've played extensively with jiyva was the first time I ever went to pan, I was a MiFi without rmut, and got horribly disfiguired. So I went Jiyva, who was awesome at first! I got rid of all my bad mutes after feeding him most of my useless stash, and got some awesome eyeballs on me to boot.
But then, well, he started to take alllll my str and put it everywhere else, I believe I'd put my last stat point into int, and I was playing a heavy armour fighter, and aside from the fact it was ruining my wearing of said armour, it was also ruining my ability to even CARRY it! Taking me into under 10 str! I'm not sure if the stat swapping has been changed into a skill or something more controllable yet, but I haven't gone Jiyva late-game since that horrid experience.

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 9th July 2011, 08:26

Stat shuffling has indeed been changed. It now takes your armour and spell skills into account when figuring out how much of each stat to try and give you (and doesn't pay any attention to the last stat you gained at all).

Crypt Cleanser

Post Saturday, 9th July 2011, 15:10

I recently played and won my first game with Jiyva and found it very enjoyable. He functionally gives something close to rmut + preservation, faster regeneration, and no need to worry about food. In addition, you will get some random good mutations and the ability to instakill many powerful enemies.

Primarily, Jiyva is a god for either after you've cleared most branches or when you've reached a point where you don't care about items anymore. Because this would be a late game switch, you would have to worship no god for most of the game or worship a god that is feasible to abandon. A troll of okawaru would be a good choice, especially if you would like to all rune as trolls have food problems in pan.
mikee_ has won 166 times in 396 games (41.92%): 4xDSFi 4xMDFi 3xDDCK 3xDDEE 3xHOPr 2xDDHe 2xDDNe 2xDSBe 2xKeAE 2xMfCr 2xMfSt 2xMiAr 2xMiBe 2xNaTm 1xCeAr 1xCeAs 1xCeBe 1xCeEn 1xCeFE 1xCePa 1xCeTm 1xCeWz 1xDDAs 1xDDCr 1xDDHu 1xDDTm 1xDENe 1xDEWz

For this message the author mikee has received thanks: 4
Brain, Daydreamer, donblas, joellercoaster

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 11th July 2011, 02:34

MarvinPA wrote:Stat shuffling has indeed been changed. It now takes your armour and spell skills into account when figuring out how much of each stat to try and give you (and doesn't pay any attention to the last stat you gained at all).

What if you are strong but don't use the armour skill? (like a troll transmuter with unarmed combat) Will it shaft your strength?

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 19th July 2011, 04:29

absolutego wrote:you can put it in a teleport trap if you have teleport control. (it is my understanding that it is safe, but don't try it without further advice.)

I did this with a Jiyvaite and, as far as I remember, it worked. I even dropped Darts of Dispersal around the trap for good measure since I remembered a stack of Arrows of Dispersal in another game were blinking slimes when they tried to eat them. Not sure if those still work though. Jiyva ate many off-screen items, but never once "hit" my stash. Piety builds fast enough that you don't have to clean many floors of items.

I was a Felid Crusader, so most loot was useless to me anyway. My stash just had a bunch of rings, scrolls, food, and pots.
The best strategy most frequently overlooked by new players for surviving: not starting a fight to begin with.

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 20th July 2011, 15:25

I'm playing Jiyva for the first time right now, and it's not at all what I expected. What I was most excited about was getting a really good set of mutations, but my mutations have been, on average, pretty mediocre. In fact, I think they're worse than what I had before I joined her. It's not a problem with bad mutations like teleportitis or frail (which she does sometimes give) - those can easily be invoked away. The problem is that she removes mutations very frequently, so you can't rely on any of your good mutations to stick around for long, and often you only have 2 or 3 mutations total.

Rather than mutations, her chief benefit seems to be healing HP, MP, and hunger when slimes feed. I've been able to stand in the middle of a crowd of giants and dragons and whack away while Jiyva's hp regen keeps me alive. The hunger replenishment is just ridiculous. At one point I wanted to get hungry so I could eat some mutagenic chunks. I put on two rings of regeneration, cast my most expensive spells, and went berserk. I couldn't get below "very full".

So really, it seems like she's a great god for species that have food problems in the endgame (Trolls? Ogres? Centaurs?). That and the regen are really the best parts. The mutations are just gravy - don't expect them to be great, but take comfort in the fact that you won't have to pull your hair out trying to find a cure mut potation to fix the berserkitis that nexoqec gave you.

For this message the author DivineHammer has received thanks:
Daydreamer

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 20th July 2011, 16:44

DivineHammer wrote:I'm playing Jiyva for the first time right now, and it's not at all what I expected. What I was most excited about was getting a really good set of mutations, but my mutations have been, on average, pretty mediocre. In fact, I think they're worse than what I had before I joined her. It's not a problem with bad mutations like teleportitis or frail (which she does sometimes give) - those can easily be invoked away. The problem is that she removes mutations very frequently, so you can't rely on any of your good mutations to stick around for long, and often you only have 2 or 3 mutations total.

I played a FeTm of Jiyva (got to XL 18 before getting just too squishy) recently and I found this a problem too. Several times I didn't keep a mutation for more than about 10 minutes. What I did in the end was quaff a load of mutation pots, invoke away the worst ones and let Jiyva mess around with the rest. This seemed to work out better; at least I managed to keep the extra 10% hp for most of the Vaults.

Rather than mutations, her chief benefit seems to be healing HP, MP, and hunger when slimes feed. I've been able to stand in the middle of a crowd of giants and dragons and whack away while Jiyva's hp regen keeps me alive. The hunger replenishment is just ridiculous. At one point I wanted to get hungry so I could eat some mutagenic chunks. I put on two rings of regeneration, cast my most expensive spells, and went berserk. I couldn't get below "very full".

What species are you playing? I know my felid very very rarely dropped below engorged even with a lot of casting but then I did have an extra level of slow metabolism for a lot of the time. It would be very good if it works that well for other species as I was already wondering whether it would be enough to help with the hunger issue for species with fast metabolism.

I also found the jelly spawns on injury very useful. Let's face it, as a felid I was losing 25% of my hp on a single hit an awful lot of the time. Those spawns saved my life on several occasions. They even killed Mara and possibly my illusion for me.

I didn't notice that I was losing an awful lot of loot to the jellies either. I didn't are about most of it, of course, but I still seemed to be seeing a lot lying around and I got plenty of books and potions.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 20th July 2011, 16:54

What version are you playing? Because Jiyva mutations has been tweaked in trunk.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 20th July 2011, 19:14

Galehar: 0.8

Daydreamer: I'm playing a Hill Orc. I'm also wearing a +hunger randart crown, so my metabolism is a bit above normal.

I basically agree that the slimes eating items wasn't crippling. It can definitely be very hurtful though. Out of the elf:5 loot vault I got one amulet and a book. There was nothing else left. That was an especially bad case though, because one of the last surviving elves banished me, so when I escaped the abyss it was a long walk back to the loot vault, which included a lot of cringe-inducing "you hear a distant slurping noise" messages. In vault:8, I'd say I had 60-70% of the loot available to me before the slimes ate it.

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 26th July 2011, 12:06

It bugs me that jiyva is a lot more interesting than some of the other gods, but is sadly so near impossible to get and so very very unrewarding if you do.

That said my main run with jiyva was with a Xom chaos knight demonspawn who found an alter on D2 and abandoned xom just to survive the jellies. Xom wrath + jiyva mut's. THAT was an interesting run.

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 28th July 2011, 03:08

Xom wrath is the most fun. Especially when he removes your bad mutations, changes your minions into allied glowing shapechangers, and tries to smite you with a scroll of enchant armour.

Yes, Xom. You certainly tought me a lesson I won't soon forget.

Zot Zealot

Post Friday, 4th November 2011, 07:59

OK, I found an early Jiyva altar and prayed at it on a whim (I had just lost a winnable character through complete boneheadedness and was feeling frustrated).

My character is a SpSt... not the greatest spellbook in the world but there are worse. I haven't got much of anything else yet. So far there's a lot of flavour (I like flavour), I'm at ** piety without apparent effort, and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Tips?
I am sure I played flawflessly. This was an utmost unfair death. -- gorbeh

Eringya's Employee

Post Friday, 4th November 2011, 11:25

A little tip, If you go into the Abyss, always summon a bunch of slimes at different spots, especially when you fight Skeletal Warriors that drops lots of items. Most of the times they keep you fed, even more so with a slow metabolism. :) However, having an amulet of resist mutation is highly recommended, since the neqoxeqs will give you way more mutations than your piety gain can handle. Done it recently on a Hill orc fighter of Oka-TSO-Jiyva. :lol:
MuCK;
  Code:
612 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Slain by a gnoll

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 4th November 2011, 18:59

Always wanted to try and make a DsMo of Jiyva and drink eat anything mutating I see. But never seem to get far enough to find the slime god. And not sure all those mutations would stack very well?

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 4th November 2011, 19:08

The chance to find a Jiyva altar next to the Slime stairs has been significantly increased. No guarantee, though.

For this message the author dpeg has received thanks: 2
rchandra, Zelkelion

Snake Sneak

Post Sunday, 13th November 2011, 23:12

Christ, I took Jivya in midgame and my allied slimes have been absolutely fucking me over..

My ogre is level 16, a slime showed up and took the last hit on: Rupert, a level 18 ghost, and an azure jelly completely solo'd Saint Roka

I can't get any god damn experience lol.........

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 19th November 2011, 09:27

Why has nobody mentioned pausing slimes in branch ends with Pray? It still exists, doesnt it?
TrCK:
Xom grants you an implement of some kind.
_Something appears at your feet!
4790 gold pieces {god gift}.

DsAr:
You blink. You feel slightly more hungry. Prince Ribbit hits you. You die...
"Hey, that's my toy!"
Xom revives you!

For this message the author tormodpwns has received thanks: 2
Roderic, TehDruid

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 19th November 2011, 12:38

It does in 0.9. My 0.8 FeTm used it to get most of the loot out of the Slime Pits once Jiyva removed the walls. But it only affects things in view, right? In places like Elf and Vaults I wouldn't be surprised to find the loot long gone by the time you could reach it, unless you go in for some risky teleporting. Not speaking from experience though, as my FeTm never got that far.

AtT

Blades Runner

Post Saturday, 19th November 2011, 18:58

The best way to succeed with Jiyva is not to worship her under any circumstances. Ever.

Ahh sweet success..

Eringya's Employee

Post Sunday, 20th November 2011, 20:53

Would it be a bad idea to make a portal that appears in early to mid game, with jellies, amoebas, brown slimes and maybe even shapeshifters? Maybe some bigger threats too, depending on depth.

A reason for making such a portal: It would give aspiring worshippers another chance to get their god of choice if they wanted to risk their equipment getting ruined by jellies, in case the altar didn't generate outside the Slime Pits, in Lair. The vaults should have only a small number of acidic walls to give a taste of the Slime Pits to the newbie player, without overwhelming them.
MuCK;
  Code:

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 20th November 2011, 22:21

Sewer is really the only existing portal where jelly-type monsters would fit thematically, but brown jellies and giant amoebae would absolutely murderize the typical Sewer explorer, particularly if it spawns at the shallow end of the Sewer range. There's always a stripped-down version, I suppose, like the malarious mermaids of that other Sewer vault. And even then, the odds of drawing a specific Sewer map isn't really high enough to significantly improve the chances of a Jiyva altar spawning based on this portal.

I suppose you could introduce a totally new type of portal vault to deal with these problems, but if it spawned frequently enough to nearly guarantee a Jiyva altar it would start crowding out the existing portal vaults. I'm not sure jellies really have enough variation to make this more tactically interesting than the Baileys they'd be replacing, though.

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 21st November 2011, 00:14

No to Slime Knight: the difference is that giving players easy access to the Abyss is good -- they can see how it works without losing an advanced character each time. This is part of the no-spoilers policy. There is no reason to do the same for Jiyva: Slime is an ordinary branch that we can expect players to explore on their own (this generally includes dying once, for the unspoiled).

To me, the early Jiyva altars are great opportunities to put some jellies on the map. I am not worried about the altars confusing anyone.

AtT

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 21st November 2011, 01:21

What if Jiyva was just made less bad for nearly every build/combo except in the extreme late game, and even then there are usually better choices it seems like. Seems like such a great god concept without but one that is rarely used because of some of the effect (namely jellys eating all your shit)

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 21st November 2011, 01:23

"jellies eating all your shit" is exactly what the god is about.
Jiyva will not become a mainline god and there is no need to balance Jiyva around the temple gods.

AtT

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 21st November 2011, 01:24

I guess. but the jellies couldn't be summoned or less frequent? I thought Jiyva was really about freely mutating and trying to avoid bad mutations

EDIT: It seems like you have to try hard to make Jiyva useful, and we already have a god for dicking around (Xom)

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 21st November 2011, 01:30

AtT: Have you played Jiyva at some point? Apart from the mutations and abilities, you get nutrition, magic and health for slurps.

Last answer by me: I don't like "eating shit" and "dicking around". Enough said.

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 21st November 2011, 01:34

A few weeks ago I won an Ogre Gladiator of Jiyva, who for some strange reason reached Lair:7 without any religion (I wanted to worship Nemelex, but the altar was surrounded by lava and I didn't have levitation/blinking). Jiyva was useless in the Orcish Mines and mid-dungeon, but I had a well enchanted GSC, so I didn't need much help.

The mutation-removal power was useful much sooner than I would expect: Nessos was generated with a wand of polymorph other (thanks RNG). Conservation and feeding were also very nice powers (actually regeneration saved my life in Elf:5). Mutation gifts are crap most of time, except fast movement which I had for a quite long time. I used slimify only in the orb chamber against orb guardians (just for fun), and I was very surprised by its power.

I managed to get most of the loot in Elf:5 and Vaults:8, but I got very few stuff in Slime:6: Praying isn't enough, you must have really good stealth (or controlled/semicontrolled blink)

Stat rearrangement is horrible: Before reaching Lair I picked INT all the times, yet I got very high DEX (~25). In the end, I just picked STR so I could carry my stuff.

EDIT: I have to say I barely noticed lack of items (surely I lost a lot). The character felt quite powerful in Zot.

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.10-a0-1552-ge5fff7d character file.

1363727 Yoc the Shatterer (level 27, 314/314 HPs)
             Began as an Ogre Gladiator on Oct 28, 2011.
             Was an Elder of Jiyva.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 3 runes on Oct 29, 2011!

The game lasted 10:11:16 (109942 turns).

Yoc the Shatterer (Ogre Gladiator)                Turns: 109942, Time: 10:11:16

HP 314/314       AC 28     Str  9      XL: 27
MP  45/45        EV 21     Int 21      God: Jiyva [****..]
Gold 545         SH  0     Dex 27      Spells: 21 memorised,  8 levels left

Res.Fire  : . . .   See Invis. : +    a - +7,+6 giant spiked club (pierce)
Res.Cold  : . . .   Warding    : + .  b - +5 pearl dragon armour "Goucs" {rPois}
Life Prot.: + + .   Conserve   : .    (shield restricted)
Res.Acid. : . . .   Res.Corr.  : +    U - +2 wizard hat {Int+3}
Res.Poison: +       Clarity    : .    d - +2 cloak
Res.Elec. : +       Spirit.Shd : .    (gloves unavailable)
Sust.Abil.: . .     Stasis     : .    (boots unavailable)
Res.Mut.  : .       Ctrl.Telep.: x    h - amulet of warding
Res.Rott. : .       Levitation : .    o - ring of Compulsion {rElec Dam+3 SInv}
Saprovore : + . .   Ctrl.Flight: .    w - ring of regeneration

@: very resistant to hostile enchantments, very unstealthy
A: unfitting armour, fast metabolism 1, saprovore 1, tough skin 1
a: Request Jelly, Slimify, Renounce Religion
}: 3/15 runes: barnacled, slimy, silver

You escaped.
You worshipped Jiyva.
Jiyva was extremely pleased with you.
You were not hungry.

You visited 11 branches of the dungeon, and saw 75 of its levels.
You visited 1 Labyrinth.
You visited 1 bazaar.
You visited 1 portal chamber: bailey.

You collected 6215 gold pieces.
You spent 5690 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 a - a +7,+6 giant spiked club of piercing (weapon)
 A - the +4,+10 Spriggan's Knife {=f, MR EV+4 Dex+4 Stlth++}
   (You found it on level 5 of the Dungeon)   

It affects your evasion (+4).
   It affects your dexterity (+4).
   It increases your resistance to enchantments.
   It makes you much more stealthy.

This knife was made by Spriggans, or for Spriggans, or possibly from
   Spriggans. Anyway, it's in some way associated with those fey folk.
 T - the +0,+0 Staff of Olgreb {rPois}
   (You found it on level 8 of the Vaults)   

It protects you from poison.
Armour
 b - the +5 pearl dragon armour "Goucs" (worn) {rPois}
   (You took it off a merfolk on level 5 of the Shoals)   

It protects you from poison.
 d - a +2 cloak (worn)
 g - a +1 cloak of preservation
 U - a +2 wizard hat of intelligence (worn)
Magical devices
 v - a wand of disintegration (9)
 y - a wand of digging (6)
 C - a wand of confusion (10)
 Z - a wand of digging (10)
Comestibles
 r - a meat ration
 z - 2 apples
 H - a snozzcumber
 Q - a lychee
Scrolls
 c - a scroll of fog
 i - a scroll of detect curse
 l - 3 scrolls of teleportation
 q - a scroll of identify
 E - a scroll of recharging
 F - 3 scrolls of blinking
 G - 3 scrolls of remove curse
Jewellery
 h - an amulet of warding (around neck)
 j - an uncursed ring of ice
 k - an uncursed ring of teleportation
 m - the ring of Jophujox {Hunger rF++ rC- Int+3 Dam-2}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 3 of the Elven Halls)   

[ring of hunger]

It affects your intelligence (+3).
   It affects your damage-dealing abilities (-2).
   It greatly protects you from fire.
   It makes you vulnerable to cold.
 o - the ring of Compulsion (right hand) {rElec Dam+3 SInv}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 3 of the Elven Halls)   

[ring of see invisible]

It affects your damage-dealing abilities (+3).
   It insulates you from electricity.
 p - an uncursed amulet of rage
 w - a ring of regeneration (left hand)
 x - an uncursed amulet of stasis
 J - the ring of Happiness {rC+ SInv}
   (You found it on level 15 of the Dungeon)   

[ring of see invisible]

It protects you from cold.
 L - an uncursed ring of protection from magic
 M - the amulet of Creativity {Clar Dex+1}
   (You acquired it on level 4 of the Realm of Zot)   

[amulet of clarity]

It affects your dexterity (+1).
 N - an uncursed ring of levitation
 O - an uncursed ring of sustain abilities
 P - the ring of Kuolibu {cTele Hunger+ +Inv rN+ MR}
   (You found it on level 5 of the Elven Halls)   

[ring of teleport control]

It protects you from negative energy.
   It increases your resistance to enchantments.
   It lets you turn invisible.
   It greatly speeds your metabolism.
 R - an uncursed ring of fire
 X - an uncursed ring of life protection
Potions
 e - 3 potions of curing
 f - 5 potions of heal wounds
 n - 4 potions of brilliance
 s - 2 potions of berserk rage
 t - a potion of might
 K - a potion of restore abilities
Magical staves
 D - a staff of wizardry
 Y - a +3 rod of destruction [fire] (13/13)
   (You found it on level 5 of the Elven Halls)
Orbs of Power
 u - the Orb of Zot
Miscellaneous
 V - a lantern of shadows

Skills:
 - Level 24 Fighting
 - Level 26 Maces & Flails
 - Level 3 Slings
 - Level 3 Throwing
 + Level 15 Armour
 + Level 15 Dodging
 - Level 10 Traps & Doors
 - Level 1 Unarmed Combat
 - Level 17 Spellcasting
 - Level 7 Conjurations
 - Level 6 Hexes
 - Level 13 Charms
 - Level 5 Summonings
 - Level 6 Necromancy
 - Level 5 Translocations
 - Level 1 Air Magic
 - Level 11 Invocations
 - Level 11 Evocations

You had 8 spell levels left.
You knew the following spells:

Your Spells              Type           Power        Success   Level  Hunger
a - Flight                Air/Chrm       ######....   Excellent   3    None
b - Ensorcelled Hibernat  Ice/Hex        #####..      Excellent   2    None
c - Confuse               Hex            ######...    Excellent   3    None
d - Summon Small Mammals  Summ           #####        Excellent   1    None
e - Apportation           Tloc           ######....   Excellent   1    None
f - Confusing Touch       Hex            ######....   Excellent   1    None
g - Dispel Undead         Necr           ######...    Great       4    None
h - Blink                 Tloc           N/A          Excellent   2    None
i - Repel Missiles        Air/Chrm       ######....   Excellent   2    None
j - Insulation            Air/Chrm       ######....   Excellent   4    None
k - Call Imp              Summ           ######....   Excellent   2    None
l - Magic Dart            Conj           #####        Excellent   1    None
m - Iskenderun's Mystic   Conj           ######...    Great       4    None
n - Haste                 Chrm           #######..    Great       6    Honeycomb
o - Sublimation of Blood  Necr           ######....   Excellent   2    None
p - Swiftness             Air/Chrm       ######....   Excellent   2    None
q - Abjuration            Summ           ######....   Excellent   3    None
r - Regeneration          Chrm/Necr      #######...   Excellent   3    None
s - Cure Poison           Pois           ####......   Very Good   2    None
t - Portal Projectile     Tloc           ######.      Excellent   2    None
u - Teleport Other        Tloc           ######...    Excellent   3    None

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (27/27)            Temple (1/1) D:7             Orc (4/4) D:11
    Elf (5/5) Orc:3          Lair (8/8) D:10         Shoals (5/5) Lair:6
  Slime (6/6) Lair:7        Snake (1/5) Lair:3        Vault (8/8) D:16
  Blade (0/1) Vault:5       Crypt (5/5) Vault:2        Tomb (0/3) Crypt:2
    Zot (5/5) D:27       

Altars:
Ashenzari
Cheibriados
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
The Shining One
Trog
Vehumet
Xom
Yredelemnul
Zin
Beogh
Jiyva

Shops:
D:4: (  D:7: (  D:10: %  D:16: *([  D:17: *  Orc:4: +*+=  Elf:1: (  Elf:3: =
Elf:4: /  Vault:4: /  Vault:8: ?

Portals:
Hell: D:20 D:21 D:22 D:23 D:24 D:25 D:26 D:27 Lair:8
Abyss: D:24 D:25 D:27
Pan: D:24
Bazaar: D:23
Trove: D:10 (give 2 scrolls of acquirement)
Ziggurat: D:27 (6000 gp)

Annotations
D:2 1 exclusion
D:10 Erica
D:15 exclusion: orange crystal statue
Orc:3 Aizul
Elf:4 exclusion: ice statue
Slime:6 royal jelly
Snake:1 Kirke
Crypt:3 exclusion: curse skull

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You are too large for most types of armour.
You have a fast metabolism.
You can tolerate rotten meat.
You have tough skin (AC +1).

Message History

A small abomination comes into view.
The small abomination hits you but does no damage.
You sock the small abomination!
The small abomination is heavily wounded.
The small abomination barely misses you.
You closely miss the small abomination.
The small abomination barely misses you.
You sock the small abomination!
You kill the small abomination!
There is an open door here.
There is a staircase leading out of the dungeon here.
Drink which item? (? for menu, Esc to quit)
It has a very clean taste.
Your metabolism slows.
You feel better.
You feel better.
Are you sure you want to win?
You have escaped!

#   #.....#######.###.######.##.#
#   #.....#     #.# #.#    #.##.#
#   #.#####     #.# #.#    #.##.#
#   #.#         #.# #.#    #.##.#
#   #.#        ##.###.######.##.#
#   #.#        #..........##.##.#
#   #.# ###    #.#######..##.##.#
#   #.# #.###  #.#  ###.#.##.##.#
#   #.# ##..####'####..##.##.##.#
#   #.#  ###..'...'..####.##.##.#
#   #.#    ####.O.####  #........
#   #.#  ###..'...'..####.##.##.#
#   #.# ##..####'####..##.##.##>#
#   #.# #.###  #.#  ###.#.##.##.#
#   #.# ###    ###    ##..##.##.#
#   #.#                ##.##.##.#
#   #.#                 #.##.##.#
#   #.#                 #.##.##.#
#   #.#     #############.##.##.#
#   #.#     #....................
#   #.#     #.........###.##.##.#

There were no monsters in sight!

Vanquished Creatures
<edited>
2802 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (collateral kills)
  An ettin (D:25)
  2 hill giants
  3 guardian mummies (Crypt:5)
  A vampire mosquito (D:26)
  A necrophage (Crypt:5)
  A killer bee (D:11)
  5 mummies
  An orc (D:26)
  A hobgoblin (D:26)
16 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (others)
<edited>
2380 creatures vanquished.

Grand Total: 5198 creatures vanquished

Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
--------------------------------------------------------------
     0 | D:1      | Yoc, the Ogre Gladiator, began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1      | Reached XP level 1. HP: 22/22 MP: 0/0
   145 | D:1      | Reached XP level 2. HP: 13/29 MP: 1/1
   766 | D:1      | Reached XP level 3. HP: 37/37 MP: 2/2
   770 | D:1      | Reached skill level 5 in Maces & Flails
  1678 | D:2      | Found an iron altar of Okawaru.
  1727 | D:2      | Found a sparkling altar of Nemelex Xobeh.
  1885 | D:2      | Gained mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +1).
  1916 | D:2      | Reached XP level 4. HP: 43/46 MP: 3/3
  2633 | D:3      | Reached skill level 6 in Maces & Flails
  2817 | D:3      | Found a shattered altar of Ashenzari.
  3239 | D:3      | Reached XP level 5. HP: 16/53 MP: 4/4
  3808 | D:4      | Found a blossoming altar of Fedhas.
  3881 | D:5      | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  3998 | D:5      | Noticed Prince Ribbit
  4008 | D:5      | Defeated Prince Ribbit
  4008 | D:5      | Reached skill level 5 in Fighting
  4008 | D:5      | Reached skill level 8 in Maces & Flails
  4008 | D:5      | Reached XP level 6. HP: 47/63 MP: 5/5
  4090 | D:5      | Found a bloodstained altar of Trog.
  4225 | D:5      | Got a dainty little knife
  4292 | D:5      | Noticed Ijyb
  4299 | D:5      | Paralysed by Ijyb for 2 turns
  4306 | D:5      | Defeated Ijyb
  4419 | D:5      | Reached XP level 7. HP: 70/70 MP: 6/6
  4902 | D:6      | Reached skill level 1 in Spellcasting
  4902 | D:6      | Reached skill level 1 in Evocations
  5545 | D:6      | Noticed a big kobold
  5546 | D:6      | Noticed a big kobold
  5547 | D:6      | Noticed a big kobold
  5547 | D:6      | Noticed a big kobold
  5763 | D:6      | Defeated a big kobold
  5982 | D:6      | Defeated a big kobold
  6108 | D:6      | Defeated a big kobold
  6108 | D:6      | Reached skill level 9 in Maces & Flails
  6108 | D:6      | Reached XP level 8. HP: 68/80 MP: 9/9
  6165 | D:6      | Noticed a big kobold
  6263 | D:6      | Defeated a big kobold
  6483 | D:6      | Defeated a big kobold
  6726 | D:6      | Defeated a big kobold
  6938 | D:6      | Defeated a big kobold
  6982 | D:6      | Defeated a big kobold
  7008 | D:7      | Defeated a big kobold
  7535 | D:7      | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
  7544 | D:7      | Found Edaewkie's Antique Weapon Shop.
  7673 | D:7      | Found a staircase to the Ecumenical Temple.
  7677 | Temple   | Entered the Ecumenical Temple
  7827 | D:7      | Reached skill level 10 in Maces & Flails
  8793 | D:8      | Reached XP level 9. HP: 46/89 MP: 10/10
  8999 | D:8      | Noticed Erolcha
  9424 | D:2      | Lost mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +1).
  9439 | D:2      | Identified the Spriggan's Knife {MR EV+4 Dex+4 Stlth++} (You found it on level 5 of the Dungeon)
  9754 | D:4      | Found Ner Tel's Antique Weapon Shop.
  9871 | D:5      | Defeated a big kobold
  9949 | D:6      | Defeated a big kobold
  9949 | D:6      | Reached skill level 11 in Maces & Flails
  9971 | D:6      | Defeated a big kobold
  9988 | D:6      | Defeated a big kobold
 10175 | D:6      | Defeated a big kobold
 10299 | D:6      | Defeated a big kobold
 10366 | D:8      | Noticed Edmund
 10370 | D:8      | Noticed Joseph
 10547 | D:7      | Defeated Edmund
 10973 | D:8      | Defeated Joseph
 11167 | D:8      | Reached skill level 12 in Maces & Flails
 11940 | D:9      | Noticed Gastronok
 12183 | D:8      | Found a white marble altar of Elyvilon.
 13039 | D:8      | Learned a level 1 spell: Corona
 13105 | D:8      | Defeated Erolcha
 13105 | D:8      | Reached XP level 10. HP: 101/101 MP: 10/14
 13110 | D:8      | Learned a level 2 spell: Ensorcelled Hibernation
 13130 | D:8      | Learned a level 3 spell: Confuse
 13299 | D:8      | Noticed Maurice
 13314 | D:8      | Reached XP level 9. HP: 92/92 MP: 13/13
 13321 | D:8      | Defeated Maurice
 13321 | D:8      | Reached skill level 13 in Maces & Flails
 13489 | D:8      | Noticed a queen bee
 13502 | D:7      | HP: 1/92 [killer bee (7)]
 13875 | D:7      | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 3 turns
 14411 | D:8      | Got a twisted quarterstaff
 14528 | D:9      | Noticed Sore's ghost (experienced HuGl)
 14702 | D:9      | Defeated Gastronok
 14702 | D:9      | Reached skill level 10 in Fighting
 14702 | D:9      | Reached skill level 14 in Maces & Flails
 14702 | D:9      | Reached XP level 10. HP: 63/104 MP: 14/19
 15175 | D:10     | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
 15202 | D:10     | Noticed Erica
 15249 | D:9      | Defeated Sore's ghost
 15249 | D:9      | Reached skill level 5 in Spellcasting
 15611 | D:8      | Reached skill level 15 in Maces & Flails
 15875 | D:9      | Reached skill level 1 in Hexes
 15982 | D:9      | Reached XP level 11. HP: 95/113 MP: 20/20
 18084 | D:10     | Found Ohiuf's Food Emporium.
 18901 | D:2      | Paralysed by a potion of paralysis for 4 turns
 19165 | D:6      | Defeated a big kobold
 19497 | D:11     | Noticed Harold
 19579 | D:10     | Identified the +3,+1 quarterstaff "Klivim" (You found it on level 8 of the Dungeon)
 20188 | D:10     | Reached skill level 16 in Maces & Flails
 20587 | D:10     | Noticed Jozef
 20846 | D:10     | Defeated Jozef
 21037 | D:10     | Found a portal to a secret trove of treasure.
 21087 | D:11     | Noticed Nessos
 21087 | D:11     | Gained mutation: Your magical capacity is low (-10% MP).
 21353 | D:10     | Learned a level 1 spell: Summon Small Mammals
 21355 | D:10     | Learned a level 1 spell: Apportation
 21357 | D:10     | Learned a level 1 spell: Confusing Touch
 21359 | D:10     | Learned a level 1 spell: Animate Skeleton
 22059 | D:10     | Found a staircase to the Lair.
 22377 | Lair:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
 22601 | Lair:1   | Reached skill level 17 in Maces & Flails
 23289 | Lair:2   | Reached XP level 12. HP: 126/126 MP: 19/19
 23308 | Lair:2   | Reached skill level 5 in Dodging
 24881 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 1 in Traps & Doors
 25553 | Lair:3   | Found a staircase to the Snake Pit.
 25675 | Lair:3   | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
 26858 | Lair:4   | Found a staircase to the Swamp.
 26865 | Lair:4   | The staircase to the Swamp was a mimic.
 27630 | Lair:5   | Reached skill level 18 in Maces & Flails
 29083 | Lair:5   | Reached XP level 13. HP: 91/137 MP: 20/20
 30659 | Lair:6   | Reached skill level 5 in Hexes
 31297 | Lair:7   | Identified a scroll of acquirement
 32065 | Lair:7   | Found a frozen archway.
 32226 | Lair:7   | Reached skill level 1 in Armour
 32378 | Lair:6   | Reached skill level 1 in Summonings
 32675 | Lair:8   | Entered Level 8 of the Lair of Beasts
 33222 | Lair:7   | Found a viscous altar of Jiyva.
 33223 | Lair:7   | Found a staircase to the Slime Pits.
 34129 | Lair:7   | Became a worshipper of Jiyva Jinufice the Shapeless
 34132 | Slime:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Pits of Slime
 34517 | Lair:8   | Reached skill level 5 in Armour
 35307 | Lair:2   | Acquired Jiyva's first power
 35380 | Snake:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Snake Pit
 35413 | Snake:1  | Reached XP level 14. HP: 141/148 MP: 25/25
 35568 | Snake:1  | Noticed Kirke
 35887 | D:11     | Defeated Harold
 36027 | D:11     | Nessos changed into Nessos the yaktaur
 36029 | D:11     | Nessos the yaktaur changed into Nessos the merfolk
 37428 | D:12     | Gained mutation: You tend to lose your temper in combat.
 37428 | D:12     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 37730 | D:11     | Found a staircase to the Orcish Mines.
 37738 | Orc:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Orcish Mines
 37797 | Orc:1    | Acquired Jiyva's second power
 37900 | Orc:2    | Reached skill level 1 in Invocations
 37967 | Orc:1    | Lost mutation: Your magical capacity is low (-10% MP).
 37967 | Orc:1    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 38202 | Orc:3    | Found a staircase to the Elven Halls.
 38217 | Orc:1    | Acquired Jiyva's third power
 38577 | Orc:4    | Entered Level 4 of the Orcish Mines
 38690 | Orc:4    | Found a flagged portal.
 38705 | bailey   | Entered the bailey
 38933 | Orc:4    | Gained mutation: You are resistant to hostile enchantments.
 38933 | Orc:4    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 39025 | Orc:4    | Lost mutation: You are resistant to hostile enchantments.
 39025 | Orc:4    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 39026 | Orc:4    | Noticed an orc high priest
 39384 | Orc:4    | Defeated an orc high priest
 39522 | Orc:4    | Noticed an orc high priest
 39905 | Orc:4    | Defeated an orc high priest
 39905 | Orc:4    | Reached skill level 5 in Invocations
 40181 | Orc:4    | Noticed an orc high priest
 40196 | Orc:4    | Defeated an orc high priest
 40299 | Orc:4    | Noticed an orc high priest
 40427 | Orc:4    | Gained mutation: Your flesh is cold resistant.
 40427 | Orc:4    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 40486 | Orc:4    | Defeated an orc high priest
 40521 | Orc:3    | Lost mutation: Your flesh is cold resistant.
 40521 | Orc:3    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 40538 | Orc:4    | Noticed an orc high priest
 40677 | Orc:4    | Defeated an orc high priest
 40729 | Orc:4    | Noticed an orc high priest
 40740 | Orc:4    | Defeated an orc high priest
 40759 | Orc:4    | Found Fihef's Book Boutique.
 40759 | Orc:4    | Found Muwufous' General Store.
 40759 | Orc:4    | Gained mutation: Your muscles are strong, but stiff (Str +1, Dex -1).
 40759 | Orc:4    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 40787 | Orc:4    | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 40855 | Orc:3    | Noticed Aizul
 40998 | Orc:4    | Reached skill level 1 in Translocations
 41005 | Orc:4    | Lost mutation: Your muscles are strong, but stiff (Str +1, Dex -1).
 41005 | Orc:4    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 41009 | Orc:4    | Noticed Roxanne
 41061 | Orc:4    | Noticed an orc high priest
 41062 | Orc:4    | Found Seitimum's Book Boutique.
 41062 | Orc:4    | Found Qatacoots' Jewellery Emporium.
 41067 | Orc:4    | Defeated an orc high priest
 41082 | Orc:4    | Bought an uncursed ring of ice for 300 gold pieces
 41082 | Orc:4    | Bought a cursed ring of teleportation for 247 gold pieces
 41082 | Orc:4    | Bought an uncursed amulet of rage for 600 gold pieces
 41123 | Orc:4    | Bought a book of Minor Magic for 320 gold pieces
 41128 | Orc:4    | Learned a level 2 spell: Blink
 41131 | Orc:4    | Learned a level 2 spell: Repel Missiles
 41134 | Orc:4    | Learned a level 2 spell: Slow
 41137 | Orc:4    | Learned a level 2 spell: Call Imp
 41292 | Orc:2    | Gained mutation: You are resistant to hostile enchantments.
 41292 | Orc:2    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 41329 | D:11     | Noticed a stone giant skeleton
 41349 | D:11     | Defeated a stone giant skeleton
 41660 | D:13     | Lost mutation: You tend to lose your temper in combat.
 42000 | D:14     | Gained mutation: Armour fits poorly on your pseudopods.
 42000 | D:14     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 42196 | D:15     | Entered Level 15 of the Dungeon
 42415 | Temple   | Learned a level 1 spell: Magic Dart
 42838 | D:15     | Noticed Maud
 42855 | D:15     | Defeated Maud
 42855 | D:15     | Reached skill level 5 in Traps & Doors
 43061 | D:15     | Noticed Rupert
 43062 | D:15     | Paralysed by Rupert for 6 turns
 43070 | D:15     | Paralysed by Rupert for 4 turns
 43174 | D:16     | Found Marufues' Antique Weapon Shop.
 43195 | D:16     | Reached XP level 15. HP: 120/157 MP: 30/30
 43239 | D:16     | Found Mnatt's Antique Armour Boutique.
 43280 | D:16     | Found a flickering gateway to a bazaar.
 43291 | D:16     | Reached XP level 14. HP: 146/148 MP: 29/29
 43306 | bazaar   | Entered a bazaar
 43306 | bazaar   | Found Uguogu's Antique Weapon Boutique.
 43310 | bazaar   | Found Cras' Magic Scroll Emporium.
 43314 | bazaar   | Found Suotiat's General Store.
 43326 | bazaar   | Found Blacs' Antique Armour Boutique.
 43338 | bazaar   | Found Ghoami's Magical Wand Shoppe.
 43386 | bazaar   | Bought 2 scrolls of blinking for 99 gold pieces
 43386 | bazaar   | Bought a scroll of amnesia for 49 gold pieces
 43386 | bazaar   | Bought a scroll of enchant weapon I for 49 gold pieces
 43395 | bazaar   | Bought a potion of speed for 55 gold pieces
 43407 | bazaar   | Bought a runed wizard hat for 42 gold pieces
 43720 | D:15     | Gained mutation: You have acidic saliva.
 43720 | D:15     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 43883 | D:16     | Gained mutation: You are partially covered in rugged brown scales (AC +2, +3% HP).
 43883 | D:16     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 43926 | D:16     | Found Freaf's Assorted Antiques.
 44572 | D:15     | Noticed a phantasmal warrior
 44572 | D:15     | Noticed a flayed ghost
 44572 | D:15     | Noticed a phantasmal warrior
 44574 | D:15     | Noticed a freezing wraith
 44579 | D:15     | Defeated a freezing wraith
 44615 | D:15     | Gained mutation: You possess an exceptional clarity of mind.
 44615 | D:15     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 45022 | D:15     | Got a warped giant spiked club
 45027 | D:15     | Got an ancient golden ring
 45031 | D:15     | Got a shimmering trident
 45086 | D:16     | Identified the cursed +6,+4 giant spiked club "Giconumm" (You found it on level 15 of the Dungeon)
 45087 | D:16     | Identified the ring of Happiness (You found it on level 15 of the Dungeon)
 45087 | D:16     | Identified the +4,+5 trident of Pnibbiax (You found it on level 15 of the Dungeon)
 45278 | D:17     | Noticed Louise
 45312 | D:17     | Defeated Louise
 45363 | D:17     | Noticed Wiglaf
 45374 | D:17     | Defeated Wiglaf
 45375 | D:17     | Noticed Snorg
 45670 | D:17     | Reached XP level 15. HP: 30/161 MP: 30/30
 46179 | D:17     | Reached skill level 10 in Traps & Doors
 46707 | D:17     | Found Giseiv's General Store.
 46721 | D:17     | Gained mutation: You are agile (Dex +1).
 46721 | D:17     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 46735 | D:17     | Noticed Nikola
 46844 | D:16     | Found a staircase to the Vaults.
 46853 | Vault:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Vaults
 47135 | Vault:1  | Got a twisted spear
 47539 | Vault:2  | Found a staircase to the Crypt.
 47722 | Vault:1  | Lost mutation: You are agile (Dex +1).
 47722 | Vault:1  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 48064 | Vault:1  | Reached skill level 5 in Translocations
 48395 | Vault:2  | Identified the cursed +4,-6 spear "Kobuel" (You found it on level 1 of the Vaults)
 48600 | Vault:2  | You fall through a shaft!
 48722 | Vault:3  | Gained mutation: Armour fits poorly on your large pseudopods.
 48722 | Vault:3  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 48880 | Vault:3  | Reached skill level 15 in Fighting
 49324 | Vault:3  | Reached skill level 5 in Evocations
 50160 | Vault:4  | Found Acvif's Magical Wand Emporium.
 50206 | Vault:4  | Gained mutation: You have a pair of small antennae on your head.
 50206 | Vault:4  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 50616 | Crypt:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Crypt
 51112 | Vault:2  | Lost mutation: Armour fits poorly on your large pseudopods.
 51112 | Vault:2  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 51444 | Crypt:1  | Reached XP level 16. HP: 163/172 MP: 30/30
 52084 | Crypt:1  | Reached XP level 15. HP: 121/160 MP: 29/30
 53374 | Crypt:2  | Reached skill level 10 in Armour
 53412 | Crypt:1  | Paralysed by the power of Zot for 3 turns
 53882 | Crypt:2  | Gained mutation: Your rubbery body absorbs attacks (AC +1).
 53882 | Crypt:2  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 53890 | Crypt:2  | Found a staircase to the Tomb.
 54087 | Crypt:3  | Reached XP level 16. HP: 90/172 MP: 30/30
 55008 | Crypt:3  | Gained mutation: You are agile (Dex +1).
 55008 | Crypt:3  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 55068 | Crypt:3  | Reached skill level 10 in Dodging
 55705 | Crypt:3  | Reached skill level 19 in Maces & Flails
 56006 | Crypt:3  | Noticed Margery
 56014 | Crypt:3  | Reached XP level 15. HP: 65/160 MP: 29/30
 56590 | Crypt:2  | Defeated Margery
 56599 | Crypt:2  | Gained mutation: You are robust (+10% HP).
 56599 | Crypt:2  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 56960 | Vault:5  | Found a staircase to the Hall of Blades.
 57195 | Crypt:3  | Reached XP level 16. HP: 134/190 MP: 30/30
 57582 | Crypt:4  | Reached skill level 20 in Maces & Flails
 57949 | Vault:5  | Noticed a deep elf priest
 57950 | Vault:5  | Noticed a deep elf mage
 57950 | Vault:5  | Noticed a deep elf mage
 57959 | Vault:5  | Defeated a deep elf priest
 57960 | Vault:5  | Defeated a deep elf mage
 57962 | Vault:5  | Defeated a deep elf mage
 58355 | Vault:5  | Lost mutation: Armour fits poorly on your pseudopods.
 58355 | Vault:5  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 59032 | Vault:6  | Noticed Frederick
 59078 | Vault:6  | Lost mutation: You are partially covered in rugged brown scales (AC +2, +3% HP).
 59078 | Vault:6  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 59363 | Vault:6  | Reached skill level 21 in Maces & Flails
 59653 | Vault:6  | Lost mutation: You have a pair of small antennae on your head.
 59653 | Vault:6  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 59917 | Vault:6  | Gained mutation: Your skin is partially translucent.
 59917 | Vault:6  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 60665 | Vault:7  | Reached XP level 17. HP: 129/195 MP: 31/31
 60971 | Vault:6  | Gained mutation: Your magical capacity is low (-10% MP).
 60971 | Vault:6  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 61190 | Vault:6  | Defeated Frederick
 62035 | Lair:5   | Reached skill level 22 in Maces & Flails
 62975 | Slime:5  | Paralysed by the power of Zot for 5 turns
 62985 | Slime:6  | Entered Level 6 of the Pits of Slime
 62995 | Slime:6  | Lost mutation: You possess an exceptional clarity of mind.
 62995 | Slime:6  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 63000 | Slime:6  | Found a viscous altar of Jiyva.
 63001 | Slime:6  | Noticed the royal jelly
 63002 | Slime:6  | Lost mutation: Your rubbery body absorbs attacks (AC +1).
 63002 | Slime:6  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 63005 | Slime:6  | Lost mutation: You are agile (Dex +1).
 63005 | Slime:6  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 63007 | Slime:6  | Gained mutation: You have a pair of small antennae on your head.
 63007 | Slime:6  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 63011 | Slime:6  | Lost mutation: Your magical capacity is low (-10% MP).
 63011 | Slime:6  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 63020 | Slime:6  | Got a colourful book
 63022 | Slime:6  | Got a yellowed book
 63029 | Slime:6  | Got a black book
 63039 | Slime:6  | Got a faintly glowing quarterstaff
 63042 | Slime:6  | Got an ichor-stained bow
 63050 | Slime:6  | Got a slimy rune of Zot
 63232 | Lair:7   | Identified the Tome of Necromancy (You found it on level 6 of the Pits of Slime)
 63232 | Lair:7   | Identified the Tome of Flying Boosts (You found it on level 6 of the Pits of Slime)
 63232 | Lair:7   | Identified Khufu's Collected Works on Sinister Rituals (You found it on level 6 of the Pits of Slime)
 63234 | Lair:7   | Identified the +6,+5 quarterstaff of the Moon (You found it on level 6 of the Pits of Slime)
 63235 | Lair:7   | Identified the cursed +8,+4 bow "Liddelof" (You found it on level 6 of the Pits of Slime)
 63536 | Lair:8   | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
 63609 | Lair:8   | Found a gateway to Hell.
 64210 | Temple   | Learned a level 2 spell: Fire Brand
 64276 | D:8      | Gained mutation: Your flesh is cold resistant.
 64276 | D:8      | Received a gift from Jiyva
 64512 | Lair:6   | Found a staircase to the Shoals.
 64525 | Shoals:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Shoals
 65014 | Shoals:1 | Gained mutation: Your rubbery body absorbs attacks (AC +1).
 65014 | Shoals:1 | Received a gift from Jiyva
 65904 | Shoals:3 | Reached XP level 18. HP: 208/210 MP: 32/32
 66696 | Shoals:4 | Noticed Agnes
 66700 | Shoals:4 | Noticed Polyphemus
 66765 | Shoals:3 | Gained mutation: You are partially covered in rugged brown scales (AC +2, +3% HP).
 66765 | Shoals:3 | Received a gift from Jiyva
 67065 | Shoals:4 | Defeated Polyphemus
 67112 | Shoals:4 | Defeated Agnes
 67295 | Shoals:4 | Gained mutation: Your pliable body absorbs attacks (AC +1, EV +1).
 67295 | Shoals:4 | Received a gift from Jiyva
 67336 | Shoals:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Shoals
 67336 | Shoals:5 | Noticed Ilsuiw
 67991 | Shoals:4 | Defeated Ilsuiw
 68011 | Shoals:4 | Lost mutation: Your flesh is cold resistant.
 68011 | Shoals:4 | Received a gift from Jiyva
 68416 | Shoals:4 | Noticed Mara
 68575 | Shoals:1 | Lost mutation: Your skin is partially translucent.
 68575 | Shoals:1 | Received a gift from Jiyva
 69534 | Shoals:4 | Defeated Mara
 69985 | Shoals:4 | Lost mutation: You have acidic saliva.
 69985 | Shoals:4 | Received a gift from Jiyva
 70089 | Shoals:4 | Gained mutation: You are very robust (+20% HP).
 70089 | Shoals:4 | Received a gift from Jiyva
 70398 | Shoals:5 | Reached XP level 19. HP: 234/250 MP: 33/33
 70467 | Shoals:5 | Got an ichor-stained pearl dragon armour
 70486 | Shoals:5 | Got a barnacled rune of Zot
 70496 | Shoals:5 | Identified the +5 pearl dragon armour "Goucs" (You took it off a merfolk on level 5 of the Shoals)
 70606 | Shoals:5 | Lost mutation: Your pliable body absorbs attacks (AC +1, EV +1).
 70606 | Shoals:5 | Received a gift from Jiyva
 70647 | Shoals:5 | Noticed Mennas
 70653 | Shoals:5 | Got a colourful robe
 70685 | Shoals:5 | Defeated Mennas
 71164 | D:8      | Lost mutation: You are resistant to hostile enchantments.
 71164 | D:8      | Received a gift from Jiyva
 71209 | Temple   | Identified the +0 robe of Idealism (You found it on level 5 of the Shoals)
 71373 | Elf:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Elven Halls
 71732 | Elf:1    | Found Opnaciuk's Weapon Emporium.
 71878 | Elf:1    | Gained mutation: You can spit poison.
 71878 | Elf:1    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 72075 | Elf:1    | Gained mutation: Your vision is a little blurry.
 72075 | Elf:1    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 72167 | Elf:1    | Gained mutation: Your flesh is heat resistant.
 72167 | Elf:1    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 72348 | Elf:2    | Lost mutation: You can spit poison.
 72348 | Elf:2    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 72552 | Elf:2    | Lost mutation: Your flesh is heat resistant.
 72552 | Elf:2    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 72891 | Elf:2    | Lost mutation: You are very robust (+20% HP).
 72891 | Elf:2    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 73275 | Elf:3    | Found Seint's Jewellery Shoppe.
 73301 | Elf:3    | Bought the ring of Compulsion {rElec Dam+3 SInv} for 739 gold pieces
 73477 | Elf:3    | Lost mutation: You have a pair of small antennae on your head.
 73477 | Elf:3    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 73814 | D:15     | Noticed Nergalle
 73826 | D:15     | Defeated Nergalle
 73932 | D:15     | Defeated Rupert
 74030 | D:17     | Defeated Nikola
 74035 | D:17     | Lost mutation: Your vision is a little blurry.
 74035 | D:17     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 74167 | D:17     | Gained mutation: Your muscles are strong, but stiff (Str +1, Dex -1).
 74167 | D:17     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 74425 | D:18     | Noticed a fire elemental
 74447 | D:18     | Defeated a fire elemental
 74848 | D:18     | Gained mutation: Your skin is partially translucent.
 74848 | D:18     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 74866 | D:18     | Noticed a fire elemental
 74880 | D:18     | Defeated a fire elemental
 75318 | D:18     | Noticed a fire giant
 75325 | D:18     | Defeated a fire giant
 75325 | D:18     | Reached skill level 10 in Evocations
 75702 | D:18     | Noticed a fire elemental
 75706 | D:18     | Defeated a fire elemental
 75820 | D:18     | Noticed a hell knight
 75821 | D:18     | Noticed a hell knight
 75836 | D:18     | Defeated a hell knight
 75836 | D:18     | Reached XP level 20. HP: 221/244 MP: 34/34
 75854 | D:18     | Defeated a hell knight
 75859 | D:18     | Defeated a hell knight
 75866 | D:18     | Noticed a hell knight
 75873 | D:18     | Defeated a hell knight
 75888 | D:18     | Defeated a hell knight
 75893 | D:18     | Noticed a hell knight
 75901 | D:18     | Defeated a hell knight
 76143 | D:20     | Entered Level 20 of the Dungeon
 76193 | D:20     | Gained mutation: You are partially covered in slimy green scales (AC +1).
 76193 | D:20     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 76348 | D:20     | Defeated Snorg
 76359 | D:20     | Gained mutation: Your muscles are strong (Str +1).
 76359 | D:20     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 76802 | D:20     | Gained mutation: Armour fits poorly on your pseudopods.
 76802 | D:20     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 76913 | D:20     | Defeated a deep elf mage
 76987 | D:20     | Noticed a deep elf conjurer
 76991 | D:20     | Defeated a deep elf conjurer
 77021 | D:20     | Noticed a deep elf priest
 77025 | D:20     | Defeated a deep elf priest
 77031 | D:20     | Noticed a deep elf priest
 77059 | D:20     | Defeated a deep elf priest
 77065 | D:20     | Lost mutation: Your muscles are strong, but stiff (Str +1, Dex -1).
 77065 | D:20     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 77382 | D:21     | Gained mutation: You possess an exceptional clarity of mind.
 77382 | D:21     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 77664 | D:21     | A cyclops changed into a shining eye
 77762 | D:21     | Reached skill level 10 in Invocations
 77784 | D:21     | Lost mutation: You are robust (+10% HP).
 77784 | D:21     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 78734 | Elf:3    | Bought the ring of Jophujox {Hunger rF++ rC- Int+3 Dam-2} for 336 gold pieces
 78734 | Elf:3    | Bought an uncursed ring of fire for 300 gold pieces
 79131 | Elf:4    | Gained mutation: You occasionally spawn a jelly by eating.
 79131 | Elf:4    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 79182 | Elf:4    | Found Fruab's Magical Wand Shop.
 79246 | Elf:4    | Gained mutation: Your skin is mostly translucent (Stlth).
 79246 | Elf:4    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 79286 | Elf:4    | Learned a level 4 spell: Iskenderun's Mystic Blast
 79338 | Elf:4    | Learned a level 6 spell: Haste
 79842 | Elf:5    | Entered Level 5 of the Elven Halls
 79858 | Elf:5    | Reached skill level 1 in Charms
 79861 | Elf:5    | Found a labyrinth entrance.
 79870 | Lab      | Entered a Labyrinth
 80032 | Lab      | Got a shimmering copper ring
 80032 | Lab      | Got a droning book
 80032 | Lab      | Got an antique book
 80037 | Lab      | Got a polished short sword
 80037 | Lab      | Got a smoking halberd
 80042 | Lab      | Identified Borgnjor's Compendium of Black Rites (You found it in a Labyrinth)
 80042 | Lab      | Identified the Disquisition on Floating Conjuration (You found it in a Labyrinth)
 80045 | Lab      | Learned a level 2 spell: Sublimation of Blood
 80048 | Lab      | Learned a level 2 spell: Swiftness
 80059 | Elf:5    | Identified the ring of Gluttony (You found it in a Labyrinth)
 80070 | Elf:5    | Identified the +12,+3 short sword of Context (You found it in a Labyrinth)
 80071 | Elf:5    | Identified the +5,+6 halberd of the Six Curses (You found it in a Labyrinth)
 80171 | Elf:5    | Noticed a deep elf master archer
 80192 | Elf:5    | Defeated a deep elf master archer
 80321 | Elf:5    | Noticed a deep elf blademaster
 80345 | Elf:5    | Defeated a deep elf blademaster
 80393 | Elf:5    | Noticed a deep elf master archer
 80426 | Elf:5    | Defeated a deep elf master archer
 80477 | Elf:5    | Lost mutation: Armour fits poorly on your pseudopods.
 80477 | Elf:5    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 80523 | Elf:5    | Noticed a deep elf blademaster
 80528 | Elf:5    | Defeated a deep elf blademaster
 80612 | Elf:5    | Reached XP level 21. HP: 230/236 MP: 34/34
 80645 | Elf:5    | Reached skill level 5 in Charms
 80686 | Elf:5    | Noticed a deep elf blademaster
 80701 | Elf:5    | Defeated a deep elf blademaster
 80952 | Elf:5    | Lost mutation: You possess an exceptional clarity of mind.
 80952 | Elf:5    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 81231 | Elf:5    | Lost mutation: Your skin is mostly translucent (Stlth).
 81231 | Elf:5    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 81277 | Elf:5    | Got a graven book
 81278 | Elf:5    | Identified the Grimoire of Translocation (You found it on level 5 of the Elven Halls)
 81299 | Elf:5    | Noticed a deep elf master archer
 81299 | Elf:5    | Noticed a deep elf master archer
 81300 | Elf:5    | Noticed a deep elf blademaster
 81311 | Elf:5    | Defeated a deep elf blademaster
 81314 | Elf:5    | Defeated a deep elf master archer
 81317 | Elf:5    | Defeated a deep elf master archer
 81327 | Elf:5    | Lost mutation: Your muscles are strong (Str +1).
 81327 | Elf:5    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 81340 | Elf:5    | Gained mutation: You have a pair of small horns on your head.
 81340 | Elf:5    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 81349 | Elf:5    | Gained mutation: You can spit poison.
 81349 | Elf:5    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 81394 | Elf:5    | Got an inconspicuous book
 81395 | Elf:5    | Identified the Grimoire of Noxious Black Magic (You found it on level 5 of the Elven Halls)
 81397 | Elf:5    | Gained mutation: Your muscles are strong, but stiff (Str +1, Dex -1).
 81397 | Elf:5    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 81403 | Elf:5    | Gained mutation: Your body is partially covered in golden eyeballs (Acc +3).
 81403 | Elf:5    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 81416 | Elf:5    | Lost mutation: Your muscles are strong, but stiff (Str +1, Dex -1).
 81416 | Elf:5    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 81427 | Elf:5    | Got a transparent marble ring
 81433 | Elf:5    | Lost mutation: Your rubbery body absorbs attacks (AC +1).
 81433 | Elf:5    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 81474 | Elf:5    | Lost mutation: You occasionally spawn a jelly by eating.
 81474 | Elf:5    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 81539 | Elf:5    | Gained mutation: You cover ground quickly.
 81539 | Elf:5    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 81557 | Elf:5    | Identified the ring of Kuolibu (You found it on level 5 of the Elven Halls)
 81557 | Elf:5    | Identified a rod of destruction [fire] (You found it on level 5 of the Elven Halls)
 81814 | Elf:4    | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
 82012 | Elf:5    | Gained mutation: Armour fits poorly on your pseudopods.
 82012 | Elf:5    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 82372 | D:9      | Lost mutation: You can spit poison.
 82372 | D:9      | Received a gift from Jiyva
 82604 | Temple   | Learned a level 3 spell: Abjuration
 83020 | Vault:8  | Entered Level 8 of the Vaults
 83314 | Vault:7  | Lost mutation: You have a pair of small horns on your head.
 83314 | Vault:7  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 83555 | Vault:7  | Reached skill level 10 in Spellcasting
 84011 | Vault:7  | Gained mutation: You have large cloven feet.
 84011 | Vault:7  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 84087 | Vault:7  | Lost mutation: You have large cloven feet.
 84087 | Vault:7  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 84218 | Vault:8  | Noticed a deep elf high priest
 84251 | Vault:7  | Lost mutation: Your body is partially covered in golden eyeballs (Acc +3).
 84251 | Vault:7  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 84260 | Vault:7  | Defeated a deep elf high priest
 84428 | Vault:7  | A stone giant changed into a quicksilver dragon
 84429 | Vault:7  | Defeated a quicksilver dragon
 84429 | Vault:7  | Reached XP level 22. HP: 183/248 MP: 37/37
 84836 | Vault:8  | Noticed a deep elf sorcerer
 84970 | Vault:8  | Defeated a deep elf sorcerer
 85405 | Orc:3    | Lost mutation: You are partially covered in slimy green scales (AC +1).
 85405 | Orc:3    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 85448 | Orc:4    | Bought a book of Necromancy for 570 gold pieces
 85454 | Orc:4    | Learned a level 3 spell: Regeneration
 86015 | Vault:8  | Noticed a guardian serpent
 86016 | Vault:8  | A guardian serpent changed into a giant firefly
 86019 | Vault:8  | A giant firefly changed into a guardian serpent
 86030 | Vault:8  | Defeated a guardian serpent
 86495 | Vault:8  | Found Throadutt's Magic Scroll Shoppe.
 86597 | Vault:8  | Reached skill level 10 in Charms
 86863 | Vault:8  | Got a faintly glowing falchion
 86882 | Vault:8  | Got a glistering book
 86883 | Vault:8  | Identified Veuzexi's Disquisition on Displacement (You found it on level 8 of the Vaults)
 86919 | Vault:8  | Gained mutation: You are robust (+10% HP).
 86919 | Vault:8  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 86993 | Vault:8  | A troll changed into a guardian serpent
 86994 | Vault:8  | A guardian serpent changed into a baby alligator
 87090 | Vault:8  | Got a sheer robe
 87092 | Vault:8  | Got a graven book
 87093 | Vault:8  | Identified Sif Muna's Almanac of Contamination (You found it on level 8 of the Vaults)
 87096 | Vault:8  | Learned a level 2 spell: Cure Poison
 87195 | Vault:8  | Lost mutation: Armour fits poorly on your pseudopods.
 87195 | Vault:8  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 87209 | Vault:8  | Paralysed by the power of Zot for 3 turns
 87470 | Vault:8  | Reached XP level 23. HP: 279/281 MP: 34/39
 87500 | Vault:8  | Noticed an iron dragon
 87538 | Vault:8  | Defeated an iron dragon
 87557 | Vault:8  | Noticed a quicksilver dragon
 87569 | Vault:8  | Defeated a quicksilver dragon
 87591 | Vault:8  | Got a silver rune of Zot
 87655 | Vault:8  | Lost mutation: You are robust (+10% HP).
 87655 | Vault:8  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 87718 | Vault:8  | Got a green glowing staff
 87725 | Vault:8  | Gained mutation: Your digestive system is specialised to digest meat.
 87725 | Vault:8  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 87726 | Vault:8  | Identified the +3,+6 falchion "Neilliess" (You took it off an orc warrior on level 8 of the Vaults)
 87727 | Vault:8  | Identified the +0,+0 Staff of Olgreb (You found it on level 8 of the Vaults)
 87818 | Vault:8  | Gained mutation: You possess an exceptional clarity of mind.
 87818 | Vault:8  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 88224 | Vault:8  | Learned a level 2 spell: Portal Projectile
 88228 | Vault:8  | Learned a level 3 spell: Teleport Other
 88320 | Vault:8  | Lost mutation: You possess an exceptional clarity of mind.
 88320 | Vault:8  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 88363 | Vault:8  | Bought a scroll of enchant weapon II for 82 gold pieces
 88500 | Vault:8  | Gained mutation: Your natural rate of healing is unusually fast.
 88500 | Vault:8  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 88803 | D:18     | Noticed a fire elemental
 88810 | D:18     | Defeated a fire elemental
 88818 | D:18     | Noticed a fire elemental
 88834 | D:18     | Defeated a fire elemental
 89367 | Crypt:4  | Noticed Xtahua
 89371 | Crypt:4  | Noticed Saint Roka
 89796 | Crypt:3  | Defeated Xtahua
 89974 | Crypt:3  | Lost mutation: Your digestive system is specialised to digest meat.
 89974 | Crypt:3  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 90172 | Crypt:4  | Defeated Saint Roka
 90172 | Crypt:4  | Reached skill level 15 in Spellcasting
 90581 | Crypt:5  | Entered Level 5 of the Crypt
 90683 | Crypt:5  | Reached skill level 5 in Summonings
 90706 | Crypt:5  | Reached XP level 24. HP: 237/269 MP: 41/41
 90726 | Crypt:5  | Lost mutation: Your natural rate of healing is unusually fast.
 90726 | Crypt:5  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 90792 | Crypt:5  | Identified the cursed +1 robe of the Hippo (You found it on level 8 of the Vaults)
 91033 | Crypt:5  | Reached skill level 1 in Conjurations
 91110 | Crypt:5  | Noticed a lich
 91110 | Crypt:5  | Noticed a lich
 91134 | Crypt:5  | Got a droning book
 91135 | Crypt:5  | Identified Eguafiuf's Grimoire of Confrontation and Cold (You found it on level 5 of the Crypt)
 91136 | Crypt:5  | Got a jewelled flail
 91136 | Crypt:5  | Got a jewelled mace
 91138 | Crypt:5  | Identified the cursed +0,+4 mace "Giantbane" (You found it on level 5 of the Crypt)
 91138 | Crypt:5  | Identified the cursed -3,-5 flail "Newtslayer" (You found it on level 5 of the Crypt)
 91246 | Crypt:5  | Defeated a lich
 91250 | Crypt:5  | Defeated a lich
 91400 | Crypt:5  | Gained mutation: You are clumsy (Dex -1).
 91400 | Crypt:5  | Received a gift from Jiyva
 93117 | D:22     | Noticed an earth elemental
 93130 | D:22     | Defeated an earth elemental
 93265 | D:22     | Gained mutation: You are robust (+10% HP).
 93265 | D:22     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 93802 | D:23     | Lost mutation: You are partially covered in rugged brown scales (AC +2, +3% HP).
 93802 | D:23     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 93913 | D:23     | Reached skill level 5 in Conjurations
 93973 | D:23     | Found a gateway to a bazaar.
 94412 | D:24     | Found a one-way gate leading to the halls of Pandemonium.
 94833 | D:23     | Gained mutation: You have sharp toenails.
 94833 | D:23     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 94868 | D:24     | Found a one-way gate to the infinite horrors of the Abyss.
 94960 | D:24     | Reached skill level 1 in Necromancy
 94966 | D:24     | Reached XP level 25. HP: 283/298 MP: 20/42
 95191 | D:25     | Entered Level 25 of the Dungeon
 95379 | D:25     | Gained mutation: You have razor-sharp toenails.
 95379 | D:25     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 95895 | D:25     | Lost mutation: You have razor-sharp toenails.
 95895 | D:25     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 96522 | D:25     | You fall through a shaft!
 96727 | D:26     | Got a transparent long sword
 96728 | D:26     | Identified the +10,+0 long sword of Schoh (You found it on level 26 of the Dungeon)
 96925 | D:26     | Lost mutation: You are clumsy (Dex -1).
 96925 | D:26     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 97193 | D:27     | Entered Level 27 of the Dungeon
 97330 | D:27     | Noticed a golden dragon
 97619 | D:27     | Found a gateway to a ziggurat.
 97642 | D:27     | Reached XP level 26. HP: 299/311 MP: 40/44
 97781 | D:27     | Gained mutation: You have acidic saliva.
 97781 | D:27     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 98261 | D:27     | Gained mutation: Your muscles are strong, but stiff (Str +1, Dex -1).
 98261 | D:27     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 98385 | D:27     | Gained mutation: You occasionally spawn a jelly by eating.
 98385 | D:27     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 98497 | D:27     | Defeated a golden dragon
 98856 | D:27     | Noticed a bone dragon
 98971 | D:27     | Gained mutation: Your body is partially covered in golden eyeballs (Acc +3).
 98971 | D:27     | Received a gift from Jiyva
 99628 | Temple   | Learned a level 4 spell: Dispel Undead
 99851 | Orc:4    | Lost mutation: You have acidic saliva.
 99851 | Orc:4    | Received a gift from Jiyva
 99895 | Orc:4    | Defeated Roxanne
 99895 | Orc:4    | Reached skill level 23 in Maces & Flails
 99973 | Orc:4    | Bought a potion of curing for 30 gold pieces
 99973 | Orc:4    | Bought a scroll of enchant weapon II for 82 gold pieces
 99983 | Orc:4    | Bought a book of the Sky for 1040 gold pieces
 99993 | Orc:4    | Bought a book of Enchantments for 750 gold pieces
100000 | Orc:4    | Learned a level 3 spell: Flight
100005 | Orc:4    | Learned a level 4 spell: Insulation
100804 | Zot:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Realm of Zot
100827 | Zot:1    | Reached skill level 1 in Air Magic
100869 | Zot:1    | Noticed an orb of fire
100881 | Zot:1    | Gained mutation: You heal slowly.
100883 | Zot:1    | Gained mutation: Your body is slowly deteriorating.
100884 | Zot:1    | Gained mutation: Your body is deteriorating.
100893 | Zot:1    | Defeated an orb of fire
100893 | Zot:1    | Reached skill level 5 in Necromancy
100944 | Zot:1    | Lost mutation: Your body is deteriorating.
100945 | Zot:1    | Lost mutation: Your body is slowly deteriorating.
101036 | Zot:1    | Lost mutation: You heal slowly.
101204 | Zot:1    | Identified a +1 cloak of preservation (You took it off a draconian zealot on level 1 of the Realm of Zot)
101421 | Zot:1    | Reached XP level 27. HP: 225/328 MP: 45/45
101456 | Zot:1    | Gained mutation: Your body is mostly covered in golden eyeballs (Acc +5).
101456 | Zot:1    | Received a gift from Jiyva
102000 | Zot:2    | Gained mutation: Your muscles are very strong, but stiff (Str +2, Dex -2).
102000 | Zot:2    | Received a gift from Jiyva
102507 | Zot:3    | Paralysed by the power of Zot for 2 turns
102564 | Zot:3    | Lost mutation: Your body is mostly covered in golden eyeballs (Acc +5).
102564 | Zot:3    | Received a gift from Jiyva
102574 | Zot:3    | Reached skill level 24 in Maces & Flails
103751 | Zot:4    | Got a heavily runed jade amulet
103752 | Zot:4    | Identified the amulet of Creativity (You acquired it on level 4 of the Realm of Zot)
103789 | Zot:4    | Gained mutation: Armour fits poorly on your pseudopods.
103789 | Zot:4    | Received a gift from Jiyva
103883 | Zot:4    | Reached skill level 25 in Maces & Flails
104113 | Zot:5    | Entered Level 5 of the Realm of Zot
105702 | Zot:5    | Reached skill level 26 in Maces & Flails
105806 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: Your body is mostly covered in golden eyeballs (Acc +5).
105806 | Zot:5    | Received a gift from Jiyva
106071 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
106073 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: Your vision is a little blurry.
106087 | Zot:5    | Defeated an orb of fire
106838 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
106991 | Zot:5    | Defeated an ancient lich
107034 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
107040 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: You are weak (Str -1).
107120 | Zot:4    | Paralysed by the power of Zot for 4 turns
107173 | Zot:5    | Defeated an orb of fire
107508 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
107522 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: Your magical capacity is low (-10% MP).
107537 | Zot:5    | Defeated an orb of fire
107621 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
107631 | Zot:5    | Defeated an ancient lich
108023 | Zot:5    | Defeated an ancient lich
108113 | Zot:5    | Reached skill level 15 in Dodging
108236 | Zot:5    | Reached skill level 15 in Armour
108304 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
108316 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: You are dopey (Int -1).
108323 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: You heal slowly.
108327 | Zot:5    | Defeated an orb of fire
108595 | Zot:5    | Got the Orb of Zot
108667 | Zot:1    | Lost mutation: Your vision is a little blurry.
108668 | Zot:1    | Lost mutation: You are dopey (Int -1).
108820 | D:26     | Noticed Waebokuo the pandemonium lord
108820 | D:26     | Noticed an ancient lich
108882 | D:26     | Lost mutation: You are robust (+10% HP).
108882 | D:26     | Received a gift from Jiyva
109175 | D:18     | Noticed a lich
109175 | D:18     | Noticed Gruvuut the pandemonium lord
109458 | D:17     | Noticed Uttes the pandemonium lord
109735 | Temple   | Lost mutation: You are weak (Str -1).
109735 | Temple   | Lost mutation: You have sharp toenails.
109735 | Temple   | Lost mutation: You occasionally spawn a jelly by eating.
109735 | Temple   | Lost mutation: Your skin is partially translucent.
109735 | Temple   | Lost mutation: Your magical capacity is low (-10% MP).
109735 | Temple   | Lost mutation: Armour fits poorly on your pseudopods.
109736 | Temple   | Lost mutation: You heal slowly.
109736 | Temple   | Lost mutation: Your muscles are very strong, but stiff (Str +2, Dex -2).
109736 | Temple   | Lost mutation: Your muscles are strong, but stiff (Str +1, Dex -1).
109736 | Temple   | Lost mutation: Your body is mostly covered in golden eyeballs (Acc +5).
109736 | Temple   | Lost mutation: Your body is partially covered in golden eyeballs (Acc +3).
109737 | Temple   | Lost mutation: You cover ground quickly.
109753 | D:7      | Noticed Ugimm the pandemonium lord
109755 | D:7      | Noticed a quicksilver dragon
109756 | D:7      | Noticed an iron dragon
109762 | D:7      | Noticed a storm dragon
109763 | D:7      | Noticed an iron dragon
109767 | D:7      | Gained mutation: You have a very fast metabolism.
109774 | D:7      | Noticed Fatisud the pandemonium lord
109795 | D:6      | Defeated a big kobold
109837 | D:5      | Noticed Agaell the pandemonium lord
109938 | D:1      | Lost mutation: You have a very fast metabolism.
109942 | D:$      | Escaped with the Orb!

Spells cast              |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 | 13-15 | 16-18 | 19-21 | 22-24 | 25-27 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------++-------
Corona                   |       |       |     1 |     6 |     7 |       |       |       |       ||    14
Apportation              |       |       |       |       |     2 |       |       |     7 |    49 ||    58
Summon Small Mammals     |       |       |       |       |     4 |       |       |    11 |    23 ||    38
Blink                    |       |       |       |       |     1 |     1 |     2 |     1 |    11 ||    16
Repel Missiles           |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |    12 |    28 |    67 ||   108
Regeneration             |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    51 |    74 ||   125
Swiftness                |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     4 |    10 ||    14
Cure Poison              |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |     8 ||    10
Haste                    |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |    18 ||    19
Call Imp                 |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    74 |    18 ||    92
Iskenderun's Mystic Blas |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     9 |    49 ||    58
Sublimation of Blood     |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |     7 ||    10
Magic Dart               |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    38 ||    38
Abjuration               |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    12 ||    12
Confusing Touch          |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    10 ||    10
Insulation               |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     5 ||     5
Dispel Undead            |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     3 ||     3
Confuse                  |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     2 ||     2

Last edited by CommanderC on Monday, 21st November 2011, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.

AtT

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 21st November 2011, 01:40

dpeg wrote:AtT: Have you played Jiyva at some point? Apart from the mutations and abilities, you get nutrition, magic and health for slurps.

Not extensively, I haven't spent much time late game really, and when I do I tend to stay with gods I'm more comfortable with. From what I've read, its generally not a great choice unless you really know the game, which I don't. I was simply suggesting making the god more usable and (possibly) more fun? If no one wants to change Jiyva then why would you but it seems like the point of development changes is to make the game more fun for the most possible people.
dpeg wrote:Last answer by me: I don't like "eating shit" and "dicking around". Enough said.

Relax, I wasn't attacking you it's just the internet. I don't like eating shit either but I certainly do like dicking around, that is what games are for is it not? Well, I guess Crawl is serious business but still...

Eringya's Employee

Post Monday, 21st November 2011, 13:38

I wouldn't like you to be able to pick Jiyva as a starter god, but getting an altar for sure in the early game would be pretty cool. Sure, jellies will eat your stuff, but then, that's a thing you already knew when you worshipped the god at the first place!

I don't see why it's so criminal to allow a guaranteed early Jiyva altar (or make the one on the entrance to the Slime Pits show up 100%). Players should have the choice to go for the god of their choice as soon as they can (and if they are newbies, experiment and see the drawbacks and advantages). Lucy was made a starting background deity, for example, since finding an altar was too late-gamey in most cases. But, I'll say it again, I don't wish to see a starting background featuring Jiyva.

In the end, I guess I can understand it if devs want to have some gods stay relatively "off-limits" for flavour reasons, or because "that's how things are supposed to be".
MuCK;
  Code:

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 21st November 2011, 16:47

AtT wrote:
dpeg wrote:AtT: Have you played Jiyva at some point? Apart from the mutations and abilities, you get nutrition, magic and health for slurps.

Not extensively, I haven't spent much time late game really, and when I do I tend to stay with gods I'm more comfortable with. From what I've read, its generally not a great choice unless you really know the game, which I don't. I was simply suggesting making the god more usable and (possibly) more fun? If no one wants to change Jiyva then why would you but it seems like the point of development changes is to make the game more fun for the most possible people.

This is precisely the thing: Jiyva has been getting the magic/health/food for slurps over time (wasn't part of the initial package), which means that "from what I've heard" is very often just obsolete. You are campaigning for change, but the change already took place! And more changes will come; for example, the random stat walk was modified recently and with further feedback, can be improved some more.

AtT wrote:
dpeg wrote:Last answer by me: I don't like "eating shit" and "dicking around". Enough said.

Relax, I wasn't attacking you it's just the internet. I don't like eating shit either but I certainly do like dicking around, that is what games are for is it not? Well, I guess Crawl is serious business but still...

Oh, I didn't feel attacked. I just like a less SomethingAwful-like style.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 21st November 2011, 17:45

dpeg wrote:No to Slime Knight: the difference is that giving players easy access to the Abyss is good -- they can see how it works without losing an advanced character each time. This is part of the no-spoilers policy. There is no reason to do the same for Jiyva: Slime is an ordinary branch that we can expect players to explore on their own (this generally includes dying once, for the unspoiled).

Since I agree with this stance, also consider the following: Abyss is the only branch that the player can enter involuntarily, and it's one of only two that you can't immediately leave the way you came in if you see that it's too rough for you.
You fall off the wall. You have a feeling of ineptitude.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 21st November 2011, 18:40

Stormfox wrote:
dpeg wrote:No to Slime Knight: the difference is that giving players easy access to the Abyss is good -- they can see how it works without losing an advanced character each time. This is part of the no-spoilers policy. There is no reason to do the same for Jiyva: Slime is an ordinary branch that we can expect players to explore on their own (this generally includes dying once, for the unspoiled).

Since I agree with this stance, also consider the following: Abyss is the only branch that the player can enter involuntarily, and it's one of only two that you can't immediately leave the way you came in if you see that it's too rough for you.

So is stumbling into a teleportation trap while running away from a herd of Ogres only to be sent into the midst of them.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 5th December 2011, 12:58

I wonder if Jiyva's healing from eating items could make for a viable alternative to Makhleb or Elyvilon for DDs. Never tried it myself, as the only time I've got a DD far enough was during the last tournament, so I was more interested in winning than testing out gods.

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 5th December 2011, 19:43

Isn't (s)he a good choice for the extended endgame? Once you realize you have the gear to take on the extended endgame and summoned slimes restore HP by eating inferior items... you've got a sort of "constant healing" effect going on. I mean, okay, it's not literally constant but that's what I always thought Jiyva was for.
Next

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice