Some god questions.

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Lair Larrikin

Post Saturday, 29th October 2011, 02:12

Some god questions.

Two questions (at the moment).

Non-critical: Can altars to Lugonu be generated outside the abyss?

Critical: What the hell did I do to p*** off the shining one?! Piety says penance. Happened after an arrow hit an ogre, but it's an enemy. Arrow is unbranded.

More importantly, how do I fix this, fast.

*panics*

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 29th October 2011, 02:31

Re: Some god questions.

First question: Yes. There is even a corrupted temple variant with mostly Lugonu altars.

Second question: I cannot help there... haven't used TSO yet.

Lair Larrikin

Post Saturday, 29th October 2011, 02:45

So what is penance, for any god, and how do I get rid of this status? Fast! My lack of a halo is painful to my monk.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 29th October 2011, 03:00

Lord Light wrote:Critical: What the hell did I do to p*** off the shining one?! Piety says penance. Happened after an arrow hit an ogre, but it's an enemy. Arrow is unbranded.

Was the ogre aware of you yet? Attacking an unaware, sapient being who isn't irredeemably evil is a sin. TSO holds you to a high standard of chivalry, and stealthy murder is a violation. You will have penance if the ogre you attack is sleeping, paralyzed, confused, or wandering, plus some similar but less common status effects, so shout out to get its attention before you initiate hostilities. Also note that demons, undead, and creatures of animal intelligence or less can be dealt with however you see fit, because chivalry does not apply to them.

Lord Light wrote:More importantly, how do I fix this, fast.

Penance with TSO isn't actually all that serious. She won't actually smite you unless you convert to an evil rival deity; she'll just deny you use of some of your powers until you make amends. To redeem yourself, do all the things you normally do to gain TSO piety. Which is to say, find some undead or demons and kill them. You can also wait it out but this is excessively tedious.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 29th October 2011, 08:19

Note that waiting out TSO penance is impossible in 0.10 Trunk, now that the good gods also have piety decay.

o_O

Snake Sneak

Post Sunday, 30th October 2011, 01:47

Kill some skellies or zombies and then penance will go away. Its not really a big deal as long as you get it corrected in a reasonable amount of time.

In general TSO doesn't want to use anything involving poison or stealth or necro, but you usually get an"are you sure" warning. If you didn't, it may be a bug. Fortunatly the halo usually alerts things to your presence,

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 31st October 2011, 07:30

cerebovssquire wrote:Note that waiting out TSO penance is impossible in 0.10 Trunk, now that the good gods also have piety decay.

booo, I hate piety decay. Are there any new ways to gain TSO piety now? It takes long enough to get anywhere with TSO as it is.
Won all race/bg, unwon (online): Nem* Hep Uka
Favourites: 15-rune Trog, OgNe/OgIE/OgSu (usually Ash), Ds, Ru, SpEn, Ce of Chei, Qaz

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice