CIP: TeBg of Uskayaw (out of my element here)

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 3rd April 2021, 14:21

CIP: TeBg of Uskayaw (out of my element here)

So I've got a nice TeBg going;
Though I almost lost it to the abyss earlier by getting banished by a unique in Snake:1 that I didn't think could banish me, but I managed to make it out at the cost of most of my ?teleport, !heal wounds and !invisibility.
After having some difficulty with snake I decided to try swamp for now since I've already cleared D;15 and Orc:2, and so far swamp has been a lot more forgiving (aside from will-o-wisp's- those never seemed threatening before but foxfire tears me to pieces >.<).

I was wondering if I should continue to train my hexes aiming for invisibility and discord or not (given the -3 aptitude), and if not, what are some ideas on what to pump skills into and some ways of staying alive when my gimmicks aren't enough?
Surprisingly this character feels *fairly* survivable so far even given how squishy it is, but I know I'm going to need more.
I really want to get a win here, as I haven't ran a serious stabber since somewhere between 0.07 and 0.12 back before the stealth mechanics got changed and stabbing was still a skill. :lol:

Edit: Made it through swamp, barely. Hydras and dragons were easy with confusing touch. Brambles and mangroves not so much. Bai shuzan I had to lure up stairs.
Finally have relec, found a +7 [rElec, rF++, freezing] scimitar at a shop, and my long blades are almost at min delay now, so now I'm trying snake.
Also equipped and enchanted a swamp dragon armor so I'm no longer at 10 ac, though 21 still feels pretty squishy but at least I have some ev. Still scary.
P.s. it's a long shot, but anyone know how much stabbing weapon skill and stealth would I need to (theoretically) one-shot cerebov? :lol:

Another edit: Just ran into a nagaraja, and apparantly I'm literally incapable of killing one. I almost died. My +7 scimitar wasn't doing much, and I had a 0% chance to confuse him.
I might have to try elf to get some more experience for now... I'm almost toying with the idea of training hexes exclusively despite the -3 aptitude and hoping to get invisibility working before I have to do snake, but idk. Nothing in my arsenal seems to be capable of phasing these (I was sure melee would work by now o.0).

Here's my character dump: http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/killd ... ldudes.txt

Any advice here would be very appreciated as I really have no idea what I'm doing with this build.
Thanks.
Last edited by killdudes on Sunday, 4th April 2021, 02:47, edited 1 time in total.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 3rd April 2021, 22:06

Re: CIP: TeBg of Uskayaw (out of my element here)

I would have thought you should be able to catch a nagaraja in a throwing net and then stab it.

For this message the author Jeremiah has received thanks:
killdudes

Halls Hopper

Post Sunday, 4th April 2021, 02:24

Jeremiah wrote:I would have thought you should be able to catch a nagaraja in a throwing net and then stab it.

Lmfao!! Ty- the thought completely escaped me there! Yes, I could have made him go splat. But as I only have 6 nets, I still don't think it will be enough for snake:4.
I'm thinking I should train throwing as much as possible by confusing and splatting elves for a while and see if boomerangs hit hard enough- it will take less of an investment than hexes for right now. Though eventually I really do want to get invisibility working despite my low aptitude.

Halls Hopper

Post Sunday, 4th April 2021, 03:55

Well, my train throwing a bit and kite them to death idea worked just fine- slowly but steadily I chipped away at the nagarajas and naga warriors until I managed to get the rune.
Now, for the vaults. :D

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too