Majin-Bo

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Dis Charger

Post Thursday, 19th December 2019, 10:07

Majin-Bo

Is it a trick, or do some of you actually use it ?

I think I never wielded it among the many times I found it ...
Online stats
Fastest Hell runes (enter Hell branch -> get the rune)
Icy : 56 / Iron : 126 / Obsidian : 215 / Bone : 125

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 19th December 2019, 10:19

Re: Majin-Bo

A few versions ago, when Vamp still interacted with satiation, I used it for a while from around Lair I think.

My problem was that my weapon skill wasn't in staves, and my spells were mainly support, so I had to keep swapping. Combined with the hunger business it was super annoying, so I dropped it.

It seemed nice to get a boost for lower-level hexes. That's all I remember.

For this message the author 4Hooves2Appendages has received thanks:
mopl

Zot Zealot

Post Thursday, 19th December 2019, 10:32

I never use it, because all of my characters who would like to use it have already trained shields to 15 by the time they find it...

For this message the author petercordia has received thanks:
mopl

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 19th December 2019, 15:16

I remember using it on a caster that had atrocious luck with shields and auxiliary armour, got the MB from that demon summoning wizlab and it was very strong. Then again, I did use the regen spell a lot rather than rely on the brand. The combined perks are great, but as @petercordia said it's not that attractive if you already have a reliable loadout when you get it.
There is always something new to learn.

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 28th December 2019, 16:35

I can't remember exactly what it does, but I seem to remember something about -1HP for every MP spent.

Considering my character was one that just spammed firestorm at absolutely every opportunity, never hit things, and had no trouble killing stuff, I never used it. I tried it once I think in pan or hell, but it was just too much of a risk.

I'd imagine it could be good if you were a hybrid type dude that actually whacked stuff with it, but even then I feel like 1hp for every 1mp spend is quite a strong price to pay for benefits you can get from fairly common rings and robes...

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 28th December 2019, 17:06

I think it can be ok if you constantly swap it according to the situation: archmagi is powerful, but -hp hurts. I never used it because I hate swapping.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice