Bazaar / Trove FFS moment.

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 22nd December 2018, 22:50

Bazaar / Trove FFS moment.

So, I'm on Vaults:2 and there's a bazaar. Its the other side of the map. I recklessly fight my way towards it in a rush, meeting both boris and Nikola on the way, consuming my last potion of magic in the process.

I get inside, there are four shops. Two selling pretty much the same selection of wands as I already have. Two selling nothing but crap potions I Won't use (might etc, and Im a caster)

I contemplate picking up the potions of heal wounds and curing they have as there are 5-6 of each, but after seeing I have 14 curing and 17 heal wounds, decide its not necessary to spend the cash.

After coming out feeling disappointed and cheated, I clear the rest of the level and head down a floor.

Code:
Found a portal to a secret trove of treasure.
There is an open door here.
There is a portal to a secret trove of treasure here.
This trove needs 17 potions of curing to function. Give it the items?

Now there are some curing potions in other shops, but I'll be left with 1 if I buy them all and give it the items. Whats the bets theres going to be nothing but rubbish inside? I have only ever been inside one once and came out pretty disappointed.

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 23rd December 2018, 22:20

Re: Bazaar / Trove FFS moment.

Went in. Just scrolls. 2 Blinking which is useful. The rest was pretty trash.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Monday, 24th December 2018, 09:05

Troves are always always useless. The weird way they are set up is that you can only enter near the end of the game (or never: I may have never seen a game with 5 resist potions for example). And near the end of the game you have everything you need or close. Finding potion or scrolls may be useful or not. There is a possibility of finding some great artefact in there (I remember the Gauntlets of War once) but that's really unlikely.

For this message the author Magipi has received thanks: 3
delarado, duvessa, nago

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 3rd January 2019, 13:50

Is it better to have loved and become disappointed than to have never loved at all?
Any trove I don't get into will have the best loot ever, so I'm totally ok with parting with important items or the connection to my god for some useless bric-a-brac!

For this message the author HANFGEIST has received thanks: 3
Airwolf, byrel, PseudoLoneWolf

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 8th January 2019, 18:19

Magipi wrote:Troves are always always useless. The weird way they are set up is that you can only enter near the end of the game (or never: I may have never seen a game with 5 resist potions for example). And near the end of the game you have everything you need or close. Finding potion or scrolls may be useful or not. There is a possibility of finding some great artefact in there (I remember the Gauntlets of War once) but that's really unlikely.

Is there some way that they could be set up to be enterable early on that doesn't make them trivial to enter later? Make them a timed portal, which reads your inventory and requests consumables that you are already carrying? It'd have to be somewhat clever to read things you've dropped as well so that you can't just drop your heal wounds and make it request a worse consumable?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 12th January 2019, 12:35

HANFGEIST wrote:Is it better to have loved and become disappointed than to have never loved at all?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwHdW5BIVo8
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 17th January 2019, 19:02

Code:
This trove needs the amulet of Qyoceofu to function. Give it the item?

Code:
the amulet of Qyoceofu {Spirit rF++ rC+ Str-3 Dex+4} (6360 gold)

:roll:

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 17th January 2019, 20:08

Honest to god that amulet is probably better than anything you can expect to find in the trove

For this message the author PseudoLoneWolf has received thanks: 2
duvessa, nago

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 30th January 2019, 23:07

PseudoLoneWolf wrote:Honest to god that amulet is probably better than anything you can expect to find in the trove

Not really. Str-3 Dex+4 is a wash. So you have an amulet of spirit shield that gets a little better in Zot.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 31st January 2019, 00:57

Rast wrote:
PseudoLoneWolf wrote:Honest to god that amulet is probably better than anything you can expect to find in the trove

Not really. Str-3 Dex+4 is a wash. So you have an amulet of spirit shield that gets a little better in Zot.
That's still better than anything you can expect to find in the trove

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 31st January 2019, 11:26

duvessa wrote:
Rast wrote:

That's still better than anything you can expect to find in the trove

It's common to find better items than that in troves. There's a thread over in CYC with examples.

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 6th February 2019, 19:00

I've had some troves giving decent jewelry, like rF+ MR+ rPois with Sinv and another one with rElec and +6 slaying.

I don't enter troves often. When I do, it's because they're asking for +4 ice dragon scales, slimy rune of zot, or similarly obvious calls where even a very disappointing trove is barely a loss. Giving up something legit good to get into one is not recommended.

Once you're past S branches you don't need that much curing in a 3 rune if you have rPois, only very rare rots or maybe to cure confuse if MR is bad, so the blinking scrolls are probably better? Not exciting though.

For this message the author TheMeInTeam has received thanks:
ebering

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner