New fork: dcss-spicy

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 27th February 2018, 14:30

New fork: dcss-spicy

Announcing a new fork: dcss spicy edition!

You can try it out here: http://crawl.ufetubus.com
Check out the readme and create issues on github: https://github.com/jeremygurr/crawl_spicy

The purpose of this fork is to introduce a variety of features in a way that are completely user configurable. In other words, without any changes to the rc file, this fork will behave *exactly* as normal crawl. Every feature is enabled through a parameter in the rc file. Also, changes are made in the least conflicting way possible, making it easy to merge in upstream changes in the long term. Currently it is forked off of the master 0.22 branch, but in the future it will tend to stick with the latest released branch (unless there is a strong demand for otherwise).

Many of the features that were previously in the circus animals fork are being migrated over to this one, often in a simplified and/or improved form.

Some highlights that are currently functional in this fork: (remember that you must specifically enable each feature in the rc file before they are active)

multiple difficulty modes
double inventory size
unlimited ammo
monsters can't climb stairs
extra sources of experience
improved shield handling (so you can quickly swap ranged weapons with sword and shield, and auto unequip shield when equipping a 2 handed weapon, for example)
instakill protection

... with many more to come!

Comments, questions, problems, or bugs can be communicated to me through the issues page on github.

For this message the author jeremygurr has received thanks: 10
chequers, duvessa, Fingolfin, Hellmonk, Implojin, mattlistener, Patashu, Rast, tasonir, VeryAngryFelid

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 27th February 2018, 20:06

Re: New fork: dcss-spicy

Some first impression thoughts from just reading the readme:

Monsters can't climb stairs is very interesting - you buff stairs as an escape method, but greatly weaken the few places where you're intentionally splitting up a large pack by lifting monsters up (Vaults:5, tomb). I imagine people will claim the buff to escaping is too strong, but having to actually face the full "challenge" levels on their level is an interesting way to preserve their challenge. Even with the escape hatches in Tomb, I still intentionally bring up monsters with me to make the next pass at Tomb:3 less dense.

Extra sources of exp is also really interesting but will probably take a lot of testing and tweaking to eventually iron out. It would be interesting to be able to level up by just sneaking past things, would be interesting to see how close to a pacifist run you can get (similar to past Ely runs, although in this case you couldn't make monsters leave the level).

Instakill protection currently increases the damage you take by 10% as compensation - I'd suggest reverting that. Yes instakill makes it easier, but someone who wants to be protected from a bad roll 100 damage crystal spear probably doesn't want to be taking bonus damage all game long as well. If they want to make it harder to compensate, they can put the game on challenge or nightmare mode. Several other options also make the game easier, especially the explicit difficulty options, so I wouldn't worry about trying to make all options equally hard. They're changes, they're going to be different no matter what.

Improved shield handling is very welcome and imho there isn't really anything lost from making shields faster to swap. I haven't checked, but I'm assuming when you swap out the shield automatically it isn't 5 turns.

But what I'm most interested in testing first is the unlimited ammo one - so I will probably go completely pure ranged even on popcorn and then I won't worry about the shield swapping option! Probably with the removal of the 27 level/skill cap too, because who doesn't want to be 30.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 27th February 2018, 20:20

A while back, I suggested that shield just become "melded" or "suppressed" when wielding a two handed weapon, that would use an existing mechanic and completely remove the awkwardness.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks:
hannobal

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 27th February 2018, 20:21

There's definitely something buggy going on with the infinite ammo option. As a kobold hunter, I started with 100 bolts of penetration. Not using them and attacking with an empty quiver works to shoot unbranded ammo, but occasionally the penetration bolts get automatically equipped, and then if you don't notice and unequip them, they'll be used the next time you fire.

I'm not yet entirely sure what the condition is that equips them, it isn't after each firing. I've also seen it get equipped during autoexplore, so it isn't always combat related either. I'll keep testing.

Edit: Looks like it's every time you pick up or drop an item. Which is, uh...somewhat frequent :P

I was still able to find a stack of unbranded bolts - seems like this would be redundant and unneeded? Although it did interact with the bug in an interesting manner: At first, it still equipped my penetration bolts, because they were letter d and bolts were y. I moved the penetration bolts to z, and then the bug autoequipped my unbranded bolts. I let it fire all of those, and once that stack was empty, it stopped equipping any bolts when picking up or dropping items. And then I died to a centaur. :)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 28th February 2018, 00:14

Additional ranged/ammo bugs:

1) Throwing nets probably shouldn't drop in x8 quantities; I just found 24 in a single pile.
2) This isn't actually overpowered though, because they 'mulch' as soon as they hit the target and don't actually do anything to disable the monster! :)

Zot Zealot

Post Wednesday, 28th February 2018, 02:08

Please add an rc option which opts in to all changes. Something like 'all_spicy_features=true'.

As a server owner, I can set this option by default (-extra-option-first) which will mean newbies playing the mode don't get confused. Experienced players can disable all_spicy_features in their RC file and then enable only the modifications they desire.

For this message the author chequers has received thanks:
mattlistener

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 28th February 2018, 03:24

Also, I can't access a morgues directory on that server, so I'm not sure how to get a char dump from it.

In any case, the kobold with crossbows has been a huge success, crossbows are somewhat overpowered (in main crawl) and letting you use it all the time without having to put experience into a melee weapon is a big plus. The problem here isn't the infinite ammo mods, but just how strong crossbows are. After acquiring a triple crossbow somewhere around my first lair rune branch, it's been pretty smooth sailing. Haven't yet taken any skill over 27, but I'm approaching both character level 27 and could take some skills over 27 soon too, we'll see.

You might want to independantly nerf longbows/crossbows, but I'd probably wait for more feedback and/or try them yourself first.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Wednesday, 28th February 2018, 03:40

this is cool, also prob gonna steal some of the no ammo code at some point thanks

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 28th February 2018, 08:01

chequers wrote:As a server owner, I can set this option by default (-extra-option-first) which will mean newbies playing the mode don't get confused. Experienced players can disable all_spicy_features in their RC file and then enable only the modifications they desire.

I agree with OP/author that the default should be standard crawl.

Edit. I was going to activate just unlimited ammo but after reading tasonir's comments I will wait for bug fixes first.
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 28th February 2018, 08:43

First world problems: When trying to set a skill training target over 27, it gets capped to 27. Assuming you have > 27 skill, it then turns off the skill the next time it's assigned experience.

I'm getting repeated crashes on elf:3 when I kill an elf. It's possible my experience gain is causing some issue? I think I'm around level 30/31 at this point.

Also if someone can help me figure out how to get my morgue/char dump, I'd rather not win this character without being able to get a morgue for it. My account is Tasonir over there as well, if anyone can figure out where they are (I've tried to dump a few times, but the URL put in chat doesn't work). The url from chat is http://crawl.homedns.org/morgue/Tasonir/Tasonir.txt, and neither that nor replacing the homedns part with ufetubus works.

@veryangryfelid: While there's definitely some bugs, overall the quiver issue can be easily worked around by just dropping the 100 penetration bolts you start with. You don't really need them anyways.

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks:
VeryAngryFelid

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 28th February 2018, 18:48

Nice, unlimited ammo allows to use AM of Yred which I always wanted to try. Portal Projectile behind wall of allies, so far so good.

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 1st March 2018, 00:51

Thanks for the suggestions and bug reports. That's helpful. Keep in mind that in general I will notice more quickly bugs reported as issues in the github and be able to keep track of them better there.

I fixed the ammo auto changing issue, but haven't figured out where the net problem is happening yet, so nets are still nonfunctional when unlimited_ammo is on. I set it to where nets don't mulch any more than normal, but that apparently didn't fix it.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 2nd March 2018, 00:28

Reported the lack of morgues/character dumps issue on git, and also that I'm now getting crashes which I believe are linked to the no_exp_cap = true option. My character's level 30 and is crashing after killing ~5 or so monsters on elf:3, repeatably. I assume that final monster gives me an experience value too high which causes the crash, but I could be wrong.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 2nd March 2018, 05:33

Ok high level crashes and morgue file bugs are now fixed.

For this message the author jeremygurr has received thanks:
tasonir

Swamp Slogger

Post Friday, 2nd March 2018, 23:40

Hmm, I like the unlimited ammo. Rang a bung of SpHu^Oka just to test it out, and the kiting is legit, borderlining on OP.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 2nd March 2018, 23:51

Alphaeus wrote:Hmm, I like the unlimited ammo. Rang a bung of SpHu^Oka just to test it out, and the kiting is legit, borderlining on OP.

I'd argue that especially on fast races, it's completely OP. But that's mostly an issue in main crawl as well; it's just that infinite ammo means you no longer have any reason to avoid using it for 100% of fights. Having to consider "should I save ammo on this or go with my strongest attack (the ranged attack)?" each fight really slows down the game and makes you spread out some skill training into melee (0 skill melee is good enough early on, but you'll eventually train it at some point).

Once you can just ranged everything, it becomes pretty apparent how strong ranged weapons are. See for example this part of duvessa's list of strongest unrands from their tier list:
Obviously broken
Weapons:
I could put all the launchers here but it's ranged combat that's broken, not the specific unrandarts.

Other:
Cloak of the Thief, robe of Night

Infinite fog is ridiculous. Nightstalker is almost as ridiculous.

Better than any normal item in their category
Weapons:
Zephyr > Piercer > storm bow > Damnation > Sniper > Punk > dark maul > Skullcrusher > Wyrmbane >

Great for both the opening line, and then the weapons list starts out with 6 ranged weapons before even the first melee weapon shows up: Dark maul. Punk isn't really that great, but it's ranged, and slughtly better than a normal greatsling/fistawhatever, so it's quite strong. Source post: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23861

Summary: Unlimited ranged ammo IS super OP, but I'd argue for DCSS spicy to just keep it as an option, crawl itself needs to sort out ranged weaponry at some point.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2018, 02:23

Unlimited ammo is only a buff in the earliest part of the game. The thing is DCSS already gives you more ammo than you'll ever need, except in the first few dungeon levels. Going from "more than you need" to "infinite" didn't make ranged combat super OP; ranged combat was already super OP in the the first place.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
nago

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2018, 19:09

From looking around in https://github.com/jeremygurr/crawl_spi ... y_ideas.md , a spell system like that sounds very,very interesting and I hope it eventually gets implemented.

Definitely have my eye on this fork's future development.
16/26 on the way to GreaterOctopode (Win all backgrounds as an Octopode)

Progress so far : OpFi, OpGl, OpWn, OpAr, OpCK, OpMo, OpBe, OpHu, OpVM, OpAM, OpWr, OpFE, OpEE, OpNe, OpTm, OpSk

Halls Hopper

Post Sunday, 4th March 2018, 00:48

As far as ranged combat being OP, I have other changed previously implemented in circus animals that attempted to address those, which will eventually find their way in some form into spicy edition. But I'm not just moving things straight over. I'm considering carefully how well it actually worked, and whether it needs to be changed or simplified to make it work in a serious crawl game.

In the case of ranged combat, the kiting issues go away with my stamina system, which I intend to reimplement in a simplified form for this fork. The basic idea is that players will have a "walking" speed, which is always slightly slower than the average monster (about 9 instead of 10 auts). Walking speed doesn't consume any stamina. But running speed does. With the simplified system i'm considering, instead of having multiple stamina modes like circus animals had, there would be no distinct modes or commands to change modes. Instead, a player starts "running" by continuing in the same direction their previous turn utilized. While running, they move at their full species speed (or slightly higher if their species speed is 10 aut) and consume stamina. But if they change direction, they are immediately back to "walking" speed, making kiting unusable in most circumstances, with the exception of dealing with very slow creatures (which crawl has mostly eliminated at this point).

There will be more to the new stamina system than that of course. Swinging around a heavy weapon with low strength will burn up your stamina rapidly, and attempting to fight without having sufficient stamina for the action you're attempting will cause the attack delay to be 2x longer than normal. Also, attempting to run when you don't have sufficient stamina change the run speed to walking speed. Spell casting hunger costs will also be converted into stamina costs.

Back to the ranged attack issues: I also changed how that worked in more significant ways in circus animals, where more distance to target reduced hit chances, etc. This may or may not make it's way to this fork, depending on how OP this truly ends up being with the new stamina mode on.

Halls Hopper

Post Sunday, 4th March 2018, 01:49

Concerning the spell system changes I mentioned in the "crazy future ideas" doc: This is the most extreme change I've considered yet. For the moment, it's likely to just be a crazy change that only I will care about and experiment with, and most others would not want to play with that option on. But I'd love to figure out a way to make it fun for others too.

The basic idea is that spells have a "low level" form. Instead of just pressing z+{Spell letter} to cast a spell, you would press Z+{long stream of complex commands to alter the fabric of the magical space-time continuum around the player}. Of course, you could assign complex spell sequences to a single "spell" or even just use a macro to put it in for you, which would function very similarly to the current system. For example, say you wanted a spell that randomly teleported one enemy in your LOS to a random safe spot adjacent to you. You could invoke this spell like this:

Z // to start a low level spell
t // to choose the translocation school of magic, which is essentially the "base spell" of moving some set of things from somewhere to somewhere else
s // alter how the spell chooses it's source (default is a random subject adjacent to the player)
r // boost range of source choice from adjacent to player to a radius of 3 centered on the player
r // boost range of source choice from radius of 3 to full LOS
s // exclude self from random source choice
f // exclude friendly creatures from random source choice
i // exclude items from random source choice
{enter} // end source choice modification
t // alter where the spell teleports it's subject (default is random location 1 space away from where it was)
cs // change center of teleportation target to self
{enter} // end target location modification
s // alter the spell core attributes (cost, difficulty, loudness, duration etc.)
pp // increase the power level twice, making it much harder to resist (but also harder and more expensive to cast)
{enter} // end spell core modification
{enter} // finish spell definition, and cast spell

Complex? Absolutely. Will anyone want to seriously use it other than me? Who knows. I'm trying to capture what it would feel like to be a "real" wizard, having to consider all kinds of tradoffs and available options in the world of magic as each spell is being cast. And of course give the player the possibility of creating new complex spells that no other player has ever thought of before, in a way far beyond what games like Morrowind, with their very narrow set of spell parameters that you could adjust, have done.

The interface would need to provide excellent feedback so the player knows where they are at in the spell casting process, and how much that spell currently costs. The player will be able to press backspace to undo the last part of the spell if it ends up costing a bit too much, or if they mistyped.

But it would be cool if there was a way for it to seamlessly integrate with the current system, allowing players more power if they want to pay the price in complexity, or to just use the premade spells that currently exist, or look up "recipes" online that others have found particularly effective. All existing spells would need to be rewritten in terms of this lower level spell language. Of course it's probably impractical for any system like this to perfectly match the premade spells, so some concessions will likely need to be made on both sides. But i think we could end up with something that fits about 90-95% of the spell quite closely.

I think an advanced player using this would have spell "preambles" set up in macros that would put in the common conditions that they would often put together for a wide variety of spells. Then the player would only need to activate the preamble, and then put in the specific details that remain, and the spell is done.

Multiple spell schools can be combined of course to provide more complex effects, like setting an "inner flame" on an enemy, and then teleporting them to a location where there are many other enemies, and then setting up a translocation vortex that keeps those enemies teleporting back to that same location repeatedly, until the inner flame creature explodes.

Of course, each alteration woven into a spell increases it's cost and difficulty level, making the more complex forms unreachable to all but the most powerful of mages. A sufficiently advanced mage could greatly reduce the time it takes to cast a spell, reduce the amount of body motion required to cast it (thus reducing armor penalties), reduce the sound made by casting the spell to nothing (enabling the spell to be cast even when silenced), etc.

Swamp Slogger

Post Sunday, 4th March 2018, 02:05

So, despite being a filthy casual and arguably poor player (but improving!), I'd use that complex system.

That said, instead of us having to create the macro, I'd suggest two screens.

You have "Spell list" and then you have something like "Research Notes" or the like.

Spell list would be normal spells -- the stuff you pick up from books.

Research Notes would allow you to combine spell aspects to create new spells (using your system) . Once you "create" a spell, it's assigned a letter on this separate list. If you realize "Aw shit, I created a lousy spell" well...this would make amnesia scrolls actually more valuable, since you'd need to forget your screw-ups.

Personally, I love the concept of this lab. Super-powered Gravitas + Inner Flame sounds legit :D. But there are soooo many other combinations possible. Likely you'd have less "specific" spells that do really out of the ordinary stuff (like Vile Clutch), but what you would have is spells that are much more tailored to the player's needs.

EDIT: just curious, but where is the server for this? My internet is typically at least acceptable, and I'm getting some serious lag to the point that it sometimes doesn't even load. Same thing when loading a new floor.

Halls Hopper

Post Sunday, 4th March 2018, 02:53

I believe that this server is in a datacenter in San Francisco. It's a digitalocean droplet. I can increase it's capacity easily enough if I find that it's reaching it's capacity. So far things always seem pretty responsive when I play. Where are you accessing it from?

Swamp Slogger

Post Sunday, 4th March 2018, 03:40

Loudoun County Virginia, about an hour west of DC. The datacenters on the east side of the county run about 70% of the worlds internet traffic, humorously enough...still doesn't solve my problems with internet :P.

Also, just realized --

Trog and Oka gift ammo. This is essentially useless, because even the random "branded" ammo isn't going to be preferable over infinity-ammo. I'd suggest altering that somehow. Maybe increase the frequency/quality of their item gifts, and set the items to start being gifted when ammo usually was gifted?

I will say it'll still be applicable for thrown items, but not with ammo.

For this message the author Alphaeus has received thanks:
Rast

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 4th March 2018, 07:21

The server is fast enough for me (I am in Europe). It's surely much more responsive than Australian one.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 5th March 2018, 20:30

I'm not sure how to find my winning morgue, but I think I'm the first winner, having abused crossbows the whole way through:

Code:
Goodbye, Tasonir.

476254 Tasonir the Kobold Arbalest (level 32, 228/228 HPs) *STANDARD*
             Began as a Kobold Hunter on Feb 27, 2018.
             Was the Champion of Makhleb.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 3 runes on Mar 5, 2018!

The game lasted 03:45:35 (58772 turns).

Best Crawlers -
  1.  476254 Tasonir    KoHu-32 escaped with the Orb
  2.   17223 whitephoen CeAs-20 quit the game (D:14)
  3.   12012 Alphaeus   SpHu-14 slain by a spectral five-headed hydra (Lair:5)
  4.    9794 Alphaeus   SpHu-13 slain by a death yak (Lair:6)
  5.    8629 Alphaeus   SpHu-13 slain by a catoblepas (Lair:6)
  6.    6626 whitephoen VSMo-16 blasted by a deep elf sorcerer (Elf:3)
  7.    5495 Alphaeus   SpHu-12 slain by a sphinx (D:13)
  8.    3697 Alphaeus   SpHu-11 blasted by an ice statue (IceCv)
  9.    3621 Alphaeus   SpBe-11 hit from afar by a cyclops (D:12)
 10.    1857 Alphaeus   SpHu-10 splashed by an oklob plant's acid (D:10)
 11.    1838 Alphaeus   SpBe-10 slain by Psyche (D:8)

I have a character dump which works: http://crawl.ufetubus.com/morgue/Tasonir/Tasonir.txt, but trying to access http://crawl.ufetubus.com/morgue/Tasonir/ in order to find the actual morgue at the end is 403 Forbidden. Ah well, the dump is more or less the end of the game stats anyways; although I did manage to hit level 32 before escaping. Not that score is terribly important, but it seems like my score is roughly 1/3 of what I would have expected; did some of the options I used change the scoring formula?

I might try another no level cap super powerful character, we'll see how much time I have.

Halls Hopper

Post Monday, 5th March 2018, 23:20

I'll look into making the directory publicly readable. Not sure how to do that with nginx but it's probably not too hard.

As far as the score, it's supposed to be exactly the same as normal crawl unless the difficulty level is different, which isn't the case here. So if the score is significantly different than expected, that might be a bug.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 5th March 2018, 23:37

For comparison here's a roughly equal (scoring wise) game from main crawl: http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/tasonir/mor ... 071821.txt

Spicy: 3 runes, 58772 turns: 476k points.
Main Crawl: 3 runes, 55355 turns: 1.94M points.

There are other factors which go into scoring (your experience for one), but turns/runes are the dominant factors. But since experience is a factor, and I was playing with the no exp cap option on, it's possible that is what caused the bug. Note that the spicy character probably had just as much experience as the main crawl character, so their score shouldn't be lower on account of experience, just that it's possible the extended experience value somehow wasn't accounted for in scoring.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 6th March 2018, 02:41

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.22-a1.9 (webtiles) character file.

Tasonir the Martial Artist (VSNe)                  Turns: 15116, Time: 00:51:35

Health: 77/77      AC: 31    Str: 27    XL:     14   Next: 70%
Magic:  22/22      EV: 15    Int: 36    God:    Cheibriados [******]
Gold:   116        SH:  0    Dex: 31    Spells: 5/17 levels left

rFire    + . .     SeeInvis .     - Unarmed
rCold    . . .     Gourm    .   (no shield)
rNeg     . . .     Faith    .   Z - +4 plate armour {rF+}
rPois    .         Spirit   +   D - +2 helmet {Int+3}
rElec    .         Reflect  .   J - +0 cloak
rCorr    .         Harm     .   v - +0 pair of gloves
MR       ++...                  L - +2 pair of boots
Stlth    ..........             o - amulet of regeneration
HPRegen  1.42/turn              p - +4 ring of protection
MPRegen  0.18/turn              A - ring of protection from magic

@: very slow
A: fangs 3, regeneration 2, magic shield, antimagic bite, no potion heal 3, rot
immunity
a: Bend Time, Temporal Distortion, Slouch, Step From Time, Renounce Religion

You are on level 11 of the Dungeon.
You worship Cheibriados.
Cheibriados is exalted by your worship.
You are not hungry.

You have visited 3 branches of the dungeon, and seen 18 of its levels.

You have collected 1346 gold pieces.
You have spent 1230 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Missiles
 P - 2 throwing nets
Armour
 l - a crystal plate armour
 v - a +0 pair of gloves (worn)
 D - a +2 helmet of intelligence (worn)
 J - a +0 cloak (worn)
 L - a +2 pair of boots (worn)
 N - a scarf of repulsion
 Z - a +4 plate armour of fire resistance (worn)
Magical Staves
 T - an uncursed staff of air
Jewellery
 e - an uncursed ring of flight
 o - an amulet of regeneration (around neck)
 p - a +4 ring of protection (left hand)
 A - a ring of protection from magic (right hand)
 I - an uncursed ring of ice
 U - an uncursed ring of protection from fire
 Y - a ring of protection from magic
Wands
 q - a wand of paralysis (15)
 R - a wand of digging (9)
Scrolls
 a - 3 scrolls labeled TYBBUI IQOTEFA
 c - 16 scrolls of remove curse
 d - 2 scrolls labeled MUOPPYCZI
 g - 3 scrolls of magic mapping
 h - 12 scrolls of teleportation
 j - a scroll of fear
 s - 4 scrolls of fog
 t - 3 scrolls of amnesia
 x - 3 scrolls of enchant weapon
 y - 3 scrolls labeled FAD JEBOTZANLI
 B - 7 scrolls of enchant armour
 E - 9 scrolls of identify
 M - a scroll labeled GEWNAXE PUMU
 X - 2 scrolls labeled ZEAREL WIUBREZ
Potions
 f - 8 potions of might
 i - 5 pink potions
 k - 2 fuming pink potions
 n - a fuming golden potion
 r - 6 potions of curing
 w - 4 bubbling brown potions
 z - 3 fuming purple potions
 C - 2 amethyst potions
 F - 2 fizzy cyan potions
 G - a fuming white potion
 H - 2 silvery potions
 K - 2 potions of resistance
 Q - 2 ruby potions
 S - a bubbling cyan potion
 V - a brown potion
Miscellaneous
 O - a phantom mirror
Comestibles
 b - 47 rations

Skills:
 - Level 10.0 Fighting
 - Level 8.7 Armour
 + Level 8.5 Dodging
 - Level 2.4 Stealth
 * Level 14.7 Unarmed Combat
 - Level 2.1 Spellcasting
 - Level 4.0 Necromancy
 - Level 10.0 Invocations

You have 5 spell levels left.
You know the following spells:

Your Spells              Type           Power        Failure   Level  Hunger
a - Regeneration          Chrm/Necr      ###......... 54%         3    ###....
b - Vampiric Draining     Necr           ####........ 28%         3    ###....
c - Statue Form           Tmut/Erth      #........... 100%        6    #######

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (11/15)            Temple (1/1) D:4            Lair (6/6) D:8
 Shoals (0/4) Lair:2        Snake (0/4) Lair:3        Slime (0/5) Lair:5
    Orc (0/2) D:11       

My plan for ultimate power has hit a bit of a quandry. I'm on a VSNe of Cheibraidos, have finished lair, and am heading to orc next. I already have 31AC and 15EV, mostly due to a +4 rF plate, some good +2 aux items, and a +4 ring of protection. I also have a +0 CPA. I have found the spell statue form. I have 7 scrolls of enchant armor this early on, and I am sure I'll find several more at least.

Normally I'd ignore the CPA and go statue form, the +30% health is huge for vine stalker, and resisting torment is pretty nice. However, with no skill cap...I'm kind of tempted to see how broken it'd be to have +14 CPA and armor skill in the 30's. Honestly at that point it might even become a case of "why not both" as with >30 skill you could start to really remove the spellcasting penalty to a very large degree. One downside to remember is VS have -2 armor aptitude, but since this'll probably be a 15+ rune game, that shouldn't be too bad. Ultimately going above level 27 will also grant additional hp, so that's another option to "break" the low innate VS hp.

I did also turn off the spell power cap, in case anyone wants to see 300 spellpower statue form (Just kidding that's still basically impossible)...

@jeremygurr: Have you considered reducing the stepdowns on spellpower when the no_spellpower_cap option is on? As it is, it's rather hard to get spell power over around 120ish without an enhancer, and you need multiple just to hit 200. I don't think it's possible to hit 300 in any realistic scenario, even with skills in the mid 30's.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 6th March 2018, 06:17

By the way it makes sense to lower score when you remove xl cap. It is much easier to win when you have more hp due to level 32 instead of 27.

Zot Zealot

Post Tuesday, 6th March 2018, 11:56

crawl-spicy is live on CPO!

For this message the author chequers has received thanks: 2
mattlistener, VeryAngryFelid

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 6th March 2018, 12:27

tasonir wrote:@jeremygurr: Have you considered reducing the stepdowns on spellpower when the no_spellpower_cap option is on? As it is, it's rather hard to get spell power over around 120ish without an enhancer, and you need multiple just to hit 200. I don't think it's possible to hit 300 in any realistic scenario, even with skills in the mid 30's.

For 300 spell power you will need 3150 raw spell power.
Raw spell power for Int 50 and all skills 27:
no enhancers - 335
1 enhancer - 502
2 enhancers - 753
3 enhancers - 1130
4 enhancers - 1700
5 enhancers - 2543
6 enhancers - 3815
I think it is fine that 300 spell power is unreachable, main point is that spell power is never wasted.

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 6th March 2018, 13:24

It does make sense to have lower score for no_exp_cap. However I probably won't put much work into trying to balance scores between different option sets (since that would be insanely complex and a lot of work, and it would still end up wrong). The only fair way to compare games is using the same spicy options. Now within a set of options it make sense to try and balance scores. For example, with multiple difficulty levels on, easy mode gives a much lower score than standard difficulty.

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 6th March 2018, 13:28

Yes when it comes to removing caps, the intention is not to necessarily be able to reach the higher power levels or experience levels, but to remove the feeling of wasted effort when you've already maxed something out. The exp level max is 99 for example, where even with multiple_experience_sources off you'd be lucky to ever get into the high 30s. The *actual* maximum is based on the species, items, and some general randomness with how many monsters are actually generated. For it to work as intended, it should be impossible to get to level 99, or spell power 300. But it should be fun to try and get as high as you can.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 6th March 2018, 14:06

jeremygurr wrote:But it should be fun to try and get as high as you can.

Sure!

(Sorry.)
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 6th March 2018, 19:03

Just occurred to me that no exp cap means Gnolls can officially ascend to god-hood.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 7th March 2018, 00:39

VeryAngryFelid wrote:By the way it makes sense to lower score when you remove xl cap. It is much easier to win when you have more hp due to level 32 instead of 27.

I mean this is true and all, but it's a very small difference. I'd make the option multiply scores by .95 or something, for a very small decrease, if he was trying to implement a scoring function. I know "the game is won by lair" is more a meme than truth, but by the time you're 27 (or actually, 28) then you've all but guaranteed a win, unless you're just unfamiliar with extended.

Overall though I agree it's probably best to not try to score all the different combinations of options, because it's just a nightmare and I don't really think people are going to flock to competitive speedruns in spicy. It's more for playing around with some settings that wouldn't fly in main crawl, imho.

I managed to splat the above "already won" character by tabbing into an ettin and being too lazy to have fully identified the 2 unknown blinking scrolls in my inventory. I may be entirely too reckless ;) Already fired up another go...

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 7th March 2018, 06:23

It looks like there are some circus animals mutations left in the code. I got something like "you occasionally figure out what unidentified items really are". I don't think there is such mutation in vanilla.
Fortunately it didn't affect my game as I got it during orb run, after clearing blurry vision when trying to avoid fighting a panlord.

For this message the author VeryAngryFelid has received thanks:
chequers

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 7th March 2018, 14:09

^^I think that is the "Insightful" mutation...which I found mildly useful the one game I had it...but also a waste of 24 ID scrolls.

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 8th March 2018, 03:19

Yes I moved the mutations descriptions over even though they don't function yet. It's a bug of course for it to appear without options being set to enable additional mutations, but I have an issue for that and it will be fixed eventually :)

VeryAngryFelid

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 8th March 2018, 04:04

Morgue folders are now browsable.

For this message the author jeremygurr has received thanks: 2
tasonir, VeryAngryFelid

Swamp Slogger

Post Thursday, 8th March 2018, 05:13

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.22-a1.9 (webtiles) character file.

131980 Alphaeus the Sharpshooter (level 26, -5/241 HPs) *STANDARD*
             Began as a Gnoll Hunter on Mar 7, 2018.
             Was the Champion of Cheibriados.
             Splashed by an acid blob's acid (7 damage)
             ... created by the Royal Jelly
             ... on level 5 of the Pits of Slime on Mar 8, 2018.
             The game lasted 04:14:38 (73168 turns).

Alphaeus the Sharpshooter (Gnoll Hunter)           Turns: 73168, Time: 04:14:38

Health: -5/241     AC: 11    Str: 33    XL:     26   Next: 11%
Magic:  30/43      EV: 32    Int: 31    God:    Cheibriados [******]
Gold:   1187       SH: 18    Dex: 30    Spells: 19/57 levels left

rFire    . . .     SeeInvis .   b - +8 broad axe (elec)
rCold    . . .     Gourm    .   r - +1 shield {reflect}
rNeg     + + +     Faith    .   (armour currently unavailable)
rPois    ∞         Spirit   .   E - +1 helmet
rElec    +         Reflect  +   R - +2 cloak {+Inv}
rCorr    +         Harm     .   (gloves currently unavailable)
MR       ++...                  (boots currently unavailable)
Stlth    ++++++++..             K - amulet of magic regeneration
HPRegen  0.50/turn              y - ring "Iru Emm" {rN+++ MR+ Int-5 Slay+6 Stlth+}
MPRegen  0.53/turn              i - ring of resist corrosion

@: statue-form, corroded, slightly contaminated, very slow
A: distributed training, fangs 1, talons 1, clumsy 1, frail 1, strong nose
}: 2/15 runes: barnacled, gossamer
a: End Transformation, Bend Time, Temporal Distortion, Slouch, Step From Time,
Renounce Religion, Evoke Invisibility

You were on level 5 of the Pits of Slime.
You worshipped Cheibriados.
Cheibriados was exalted by your worship.
You were hungry.

You were a stone statue.

You visited 10 branches of the dungeon, and saw 49 of its levels.
You visited the Abyss 1 time.
You also visited: Ossuary.

You collected 3133 gold pieces.
You spent 1946 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand Weapons
 a - a +2 hand crossbow of flaming
 b - a +8 broad axe of electrocution (weapon)
 c - the +5 dagger of Patience {pierce, rN+ Str+4 Int+3}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 2 of the Orcish Mines)   

It inflicts extra damage upon your enemies.

It affects your strength (+4).
   It affects your intelligence (+3).
   It protects you from negative energy.
 C - the +7 great sword "Esmasyoc" {freeze, *Corrode Int+6 SInv}
   (You found it on level 11 of the Dungeon)   

It has been specially enchanted to freeze those struck by it, causing extra
   injury to most foes and up to half again as much damage against particularly
   susceptible opponents. It can also slow down cold-blooded creatures.

It affects your intelligence (+6).
   It lets you see invisible.
   It may corrode you when you take damage.
 F - a +0 demon whip of distortion
 G - the +8 dagger "Rubisch" {pierce, rN+ Stlth+}
   (You found it on level 2 of the Lair of Beasts)   

It inflicts extra damage upon your enemies.

It makes you more stealthy.
 Q - a +0 triple crossbow
 X - the +5 mace "Killer Klown's Regret" {drain, *Slow rPois rF+}
   (You found it on level 5 of the Dungeon)   

A truly terrible weapon, it drains the life of those it strikes.

It protects you from fire.
   It protects you from poison.
   It may slow you when you take damage.
 Z - a +0 double sword of slicing
Missiles
 d - 100 bolts of penetration
 h - 86 bolts
Armour
 j - a +0 pair of boots (melded)
 q - +0 ice dragon scales
 r - a +1 shield of reflection (worn)
 E - a +1 helmet (worn)
 L - the +1 robe of Qoanax (melded) {rC++ Int-4 Slay+6}
   (You found it on level 1 of the Spider Nest)   

It affects your intelligence (-4).
   It affects your accuracy and damage with ranged weapons and melee attacks
   (+6).
   It greatly protects you from cold.
 N - +0 fire dragon scales
 R - a +2 cloak of invisibility (worn)
 U - the +0 cloak of Amorality {rElec Int+3}
   (You found it on level 1 of the Spider Nest)   

It insulates you from electricity.
Jewellery
 i - a ring of resist corrosion (right hand)
 k - an uncursed ring of magical power
 n - an uncursed ring of positive energy
 t - an uncursed ring of wizardry
 u - an uncursed ring of flight
 x - an uncursed ring of see invisible
 y - the ring "Iru Emm" (left hand) {rN+++ MR+ Int-5 Slay+6 Stlth+}
   (You found it on level 3 of the Vaults)   

[ring of stealth]

It affects your intelligence (-5).
   (+6).
   It renders you almost immune to negative energy.
   It affects your resistance to hostile enchantments.
 D - the ring of the Hart {rF+ rC+ Int+4}
   (You found it on level 2 of the Depths)   

[ring of protection from cold]

It affects your intelligence (+4).
   It protects you from cold.
 H - a +5 ring of intelligence
 I - a +5 ring of strength
 K - an amulet of magic regeneration (around neck)
 M - an uncursed ring of wizardry
 S - a +6 ring of evasion
 T - the ring of the Mage {Wiz MR++ Int+3}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 2 of the Shoals)   

[ring of wizardry]

It improves your spell success rate.
 V - a +4 ring of protection
Wands
 e - a wand of digging (18)
 m - a wand of disintegration (18)
 o - a wand of flame (333)
 s - a wand of scattershot (5)
 w - a wand of iceblast (37)
 z - a wand of polymorph (42)
 A - a wand of paralysis (52)
 J - a wand of acid (26)
 Y - a wand of enslavement (22)
Scrolls
 c - 7 scrolls of immolation
 d - 17 scrolls of remove curse
 h - 15 scrolls of amnesia
 i - a scroll of brand weapon
 k - 5 scrolls of fear
 o - 5 scrolls of identify
 t - 19 scrolls of teleportation
 v - 4 scrolls of enchant armour
 z - 13 scrolls of magic mapping
 A - 6 scrolls of fog
Potions
 a - 6 potions of magic
 b - 5 potions of invisibility
 e - 10 potions of resistance
 f - 21 potions of brilliance
 g - 2 potions of ambrosia
 j - 12 potions of might
 l - 9 potions of curing
 m - 11 potions of mutation
 n - 16 potions of berserk rage
 p - 16 potions of lignification
 q - 11 potions of agility
 r - 8 potions of cancellation
 s - 22 potions of flight
Miscellaneous
 l - a phial of floods
 p - a phial of floods
 v - a box of beasts
 B - a lightning rod (4/4)
 O - a crystal ball of energy
 P - 3 phantom mirrors
 W - a lightning rod (4/4)
Comestibles
 f - 70 rations

Skills:
 + Level 16.9 Fighting
 + Level 16.4 Short Blades
 + Level 16.4 Long Blades
 + Level 16.4 Axes
 + Level 16.4 Maces & Flails
 + Level 16.4 Polearms
 + Level 16.4 Staves
 + Level 16.4 Slings
 + Level 16.4 Bows
 + Level 17.9 Crossbows
 + Level 16.4 Throwing
 + Level 16.4 Armour
 + Level 16.9 Dodging
 + Level 16.6 Stealth
 + Level 16.4 Shields
 + Level 16.4 Unarmed Combat
 + Level 16.4 Spellcasting
 + Level 14.2 Conjurations
 + Level 14.2 Hexes
 + Level 14.2 Charms
 + Level 14.2 Summonings
 + Level 14.2 Necromancy
 + Level 14.2 Translocations
 + Level 14.2 Transmutations
 + Level 14.2 Fire Magic
 + Level 14.2 Ice Magic
 + Level 14.2 Air Magic
 + Level 14.2 Earth Magic
 + Level 14.2 Poison Magic
 + Level 17.7 Invocations
 + Level 16.4 Evocations

You had 19 spell levels left.
You knew the following spells:

a - Fireball              Conj/Fire      #######..... 1%          5    None
b - Summon Ice Beast      Ice/Summ       #######..... 1%          4    None
c - Conjure Flame         Conj/Fire      #######..... 0%          3    None
d - Mephitic Cloud        Conj/Pois/Air  #######..... 0%          3    None
e - Apportation           Tloc           #######..... 0%          1    None
f - Tukima's Dance        Hex            #######..... 0%          3    None
g - Airstrike             Air            #######..... 1%          4    None
h - Shadow Creatures      Summ           #######..... 1%          6    ##.....
i - Statue Form           Tmut/Erth      #######..... 1%          6    ##.....
z - Ozocubu's Armour      Chrm/Ice       #######..... 0%          3    None

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (15/15)            Temple (1/1) D:7            Lair (6/6) D:11
 Shoals (4/4) Lair:4       Spider (4/4) Lair:4        Slime (5/5) Lair:5
    Orc (2/2) D:9             Elf (3/3) Orc:2        Vaults (4/5) D:13
  Crypt (0/3) Vaults:2     Depths (5/5) D:15            Zot (0/5) Depths:5

Altars:
Ashenzari
Cheibriados
Dithmenos
Fedhas
Gozag
Hepliaklqana
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Qazlal
Ru
Sif Muna
Trog
Uskayaw
Vehumet
Wu Jian
Xom
Yredelemnul
Zin
Jiyva

Shops:
D:7 (=[   Orc:2 ?%(*   Elf:1 *   Elf:2 (   Elf:3 !   Shoals:2 *   Shoals:3 }
Vaults:2 [   Vaults:4 :(*

Portals:
Hell: Depths:1 Depths:2 Depths:3 Depths:4 Depths:5
Abyss: Depths:1 Depths:2 Depths:4 Depths:5
Pandemonium: Depths:3 Depths:5
Ziggurat: Depths:1

Annotations:
Lair:1 exclusion: oklob plant
Depths:1 exclusion: orange crystal statue
Depths:2 exclusion: obsidian statue

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

Your experience applies equally to all skills.
You have very sharp teeth.
Your uncanny sense of smell can sniff out nearby items.
You have sharp toenails.
((You are partially covered in iridescent scales. (AC +2)))
You are clumsy. (Dex -2)
You are frail. (-10% HP)
((You are covered in fur. (AC +1)))

Message History

The acid corrodes you! You are splashed with acid! The acid burns! You resist.
* * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * *
The acid blob spits acid at you.
The splash of acid hits you! You are splashed with acid! The acid burns!
You resist.
The splash of acid hits you! You resist.
You are splashed with acid! The acid burns! You resist.
You feel less contaminated with magical energies.
There is a stone staircase leading up here.
You step out of the flow of time. You return to the normal time flow.
You are feeling hungry.
The splash of acid hits you! You resist.
You are splashed with acid! The acid burns! You resist.
You die...

##............
      ##..............
     ##.................
    ##.......J..........
    #...................
    #...................
  ###...................
  #....8................
...J.....J..............
...............##.J.....
..............#####.####
       ......#  ∆ #.J# ∆

You could see 2 acid blobs and a death ooze (wandering).

Vanquished Creatures
  the Royal Jelly (Slime:5)
  Boris (Depths:3)
  Sojobo (Vaults:4)
  Margery (Vaults:4)
  Frederick (Vaults:3)
  Saint Roka (Depths:1)
  Jory (Vaults:3)
  2 bone dragons
  Arachne (Spider:1)
  Jorgrun (Elf:2)
  2 liches
  2 tentacled monstrosities
  A titan (Depths:4)
  2 quicksilver dragons (Vaults:4)
  2 deep elf blademasters
  9 acid blobs
  2 sphinxes (Vaults:3)
  2 tentacled starspawn (Abyss:2)
  Frances (Spider:1)
  A shadow dragon (Depths:4)
  7 tengu reavers
  Donald (Spider:1)
  4 storm dragons
  An azure jelly (Slime:5)
  Kirke (D:14)
  10 fire giants
  Ilsuiw (Shoals:4)
  A revenant (Abyss:2)
  2 draconian monks (Depths:5)
  2 nagarajas (Vaults:3)
  9 frost giants
  11 deep elf sorcerers
  15 vault wardens
  2 deep elf elementalists (Elf:3)
  2 ghost moths (Spider:4)
  A draconian scorcher (Depths:5)
  Louise (Shoals:1)
  An emperor scorpion (shapeshifter) (Vaults:2)
  8 emperor scorpions
  The ghost of whitephoenix the Grappler, an adept VSMo of Wu Jian (Elf:3)
  2 spriggan defenders
  12 ironheart preservers
  A caustic shrike zombie (Depths:3)
  8 entropy weavers
  12 stone giants
  A war gargoyle (Vaults:2)
  4 vampire knights
  5 deep elf demonologists (Elf:3)
  24 very ugly things
  8 deep elf annihilators
  2 white draconians (Depths:5)
  8 spark wasps
  2 yellow draconians (Depths:5)
  10 ettins
  A red draconian (Depths:5)
  A purple draconian (Depths:5)
  8 deep elf death magi
  7 merfolk javelineers
  7 fire dragons
  A green death (Abyss:2)
  7 merfolk impalers
  A death ooze (Slime:5)
  A quicksilver dragon zombie (Abyss:2)
  18 yaktaur captains
  8 deep elf high priests
  12 great orbs of eyes
  17 ice dragons
  12 vault guards
  5 rakshasas
  A spriggan air mage (Depths:2)
  6 merfolk aquamancers
  4 hydras
  2 catoblepae (Lair:5)
  Erica (D:8)
  2 merfolk avatars
  9 centaur warriors
  A two-headed ogre (shapeshifter) (Vaults:4)
  14 ogre magi
  26 dancing weapons
  A queen ant (shapeshifter) (Depths:1)
  A death knight (Vaults:4)
  33 two-headed ogres
  2 satyrs (Shoals:3)
  8 death scarabs (Spider:4)
  12 deep troll earth magi
  8 deep troll shamans
  3 orc high priests (Orc:2)
  7 tengu warriors
  2 spriggan berserkers
  4 thrashing horrors (Abyss:2)
  3 vampire magi
  A soul eater (Vaults:2)
  A titan skeleton (Depths:3)
  19 hell knights
  12 skeletal warriors
  25 deep elf knights
  A sun demon (Depths:5)
  A wretched star (Abyss:2)
  A fire crab (shapeshifter) (Depths:2)
  A storm dragon skeleton (Vaults:4)
  6 sixfirhies
  A spectral emperor scorpion (Spider:4)
  4 iron trolls
  A shadow demon (Depths:5)
  12 sea snakes
  3 flayed ghosts
  4 glowing orange brains
  A shadow wraith (Vaults:4)
  36 deep trolls
  An unseen horror (shapeshifter) (Depths:4)
  17 deep elf archers
  A swamp dragon (Lair:6)
  A shadow dragon zombie (Depths:3)
  2 phantasmal warriors (Depths:4)
  3 spectral wolf spiders (Spider:4)
  9 harpies
  8 ironbrand convokers
  6 wizards
  10 necromancers
  14 orc knights
  15 orb spiders
  An orb spider (shapeshifter) (Vaults:2)
  42 wolf spiders
  26 ugly things
  78 deep elf magi
  3 orc sorcerers
  A shadow dragon skeleton (Vaults:4)
  5 cyclopes
  3 shining eyes
  5 salamanders
  A tengu skeleton (Depths:3)
  4 moths of wrath
  9 manticores
  17 fauns
  5 elephants
  7 vault sentinels
  2 guardian serpents
  An eye of devastation (Vaults:3)
  A titan simulacrum (Depths:3)
  9 merfolk sirens
  A guardian serpent (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  A water nymph (shapeshifter) (Depths:2)
  An eye of devastation (shapeshifter) (Vaults:4)
  A frost giant skeleton (Depths:3)
  3 smoke demons
  8 black mambas
  7 rust devils
  16 spiny frogs
  6 water nymphs
  A centaur skeleton (D:14)
  5 torpor snails
  2 kobold demonologists
  4 rime drakes
  2 orange demons (Depths:2)
  10 freezing wraiths
  11 komodo dragons
  A redback zombie (Spider:4)
  A yaktaur zombie (Vaults:4)
  A yaktaur (shapeshifter) (D:15)
  42 yaktaurs
  2 spectral redbacks (Spider:4)
  4 tengu conjurers
  14 demonic crawlers
  A rime drake (shapeshifter) (Elf:3)
  2 ancient zymes (Abyss:2)
  41 merfolk
  A troll (shapeshifter) (Vaults:1)
  2 hellwings
  5 trolls
  A meliai (shapeshifter) (Vaults:2)
  2 wind drakes (shapeshifter)
  32 jumping spiders
  A polar bear (Lair:5)
  2 raiju (shapeshifter)
  3 wind drakes
  11 hornets
  7 blink frogs
  2 spectral tarantellas (Spider:4)
  43 slime creatures
  A blink frog (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  2 hippogriffs (shapeshifter)
  14 hippogriffs
  Prince Ribbit (D:8)
  10 dream sheep
  A jumping spider zombie (Spider:4)
  3 spectral jumping spiders (Spider:4)
  3 tarantella zombies (Spider:4)
  11 snapping turtles
  4 air elementals
  A flying skull (Abyss:2)
  14 starcursed masses (Abyss:2)
  3 wraiths
  4 fire elementals
  A vampire (D:11)
  7 wyverns
  27 water elementals
  2 ynoxinuls
  75 redbacks
  A fire bat (shapeshifter) (Depths:2)
  28 tarantellas
  A wyvern (shapeshifter) (Depths:2)
  33 yaks
  3 hogs (D:14)
  7 golden eyes
  A neqoxec (Abyss:2)
  3 basilisks
  2 steam dragons (Lair:6)
  4 chaos spawn
  A human simulacrum (Vaults:2)
  4 large abominations
  2 vampire mosquitoes (D:12)
  2 small abominations (Abyss:2)
  A soldier ant (D:15)
  5 wargs
  A naga (shapeshifter) (Abyss:2)
  An acid dragon (D:13)
  14 water moccasins
  5 porcupines
  35 orc warriors
  A spectral hornet (Spider:4)
  4 ice beasts
  6 sky beasts
  4 black bears
  An ice beast (shapeshifter) (Vaults:4)
  3 eyes of draining
  2 phantoms
  An eye of draining (shapeshifter) (Elf:3)
  14 boggarts
  3 swamp drakes (Lair:6)
  24 ogres
  8 wolves
  18 centaurs
  11 crocodiles
  An elf simulacrum (Depths:3)
  2 elf zombies
  3 big kobolds
  A gnoll sergeant (D:5)
  20 bullfrogs
  4 earth elementals
  2 wyvern zombies
  3 wyvern skeletons
  9 scorpions
  18 killer bees
  7 howler monkeys
  15 wights
  6 electric eels
  A bullfrog zombie (D:8)
  6 crimson imps
  3 quasits
  A human zombie (Ossuary)
  8 hounds
  3 jellies
  5 centaur zombies
  6 gnoll shamans (D:5)
  18 orc priests
  27 orc wizards
  4 iguanas
  Jessica (D:2)
  10 worker ants
  3 big kobold zombies (Ossuary)
  2 hound zombies (Ossuary)
  A hound skeleton (D:6)
  3 mummies (Ossuary)
  21 adders
  30 gnolls (D:5)
  4 shadow imps
  A white imp (Depths:3)
  An ooze (D:2)
  An adder skeleton (D:4)
  3 adder zombies
  3 worms
  A dart slug (D:1)
  9 leopard geckos
  80 orcs
  4 giant cockroaches
  9 goblins
  5 hobgoblins
  29 jackals
  5 quokkas
  A ball python (D:4)
  8 bats
  8 frilled lizards
  2 gnoll zombies (Ossuary)
  2 goblin zombies (Ossuary)
  4 hobgoblin zombies (Ossuary)
  4 jackal zombies (Ossuary)
  15 kobolds
  3 kobold zombies (Ossuary)
  8 quokka zombies
  14 rats
  2 rat zombies (Ossuary)
  2 crawling corpses (Elf:3)
  3 plants
  3 starspawn tentacles (Abyss:2)
2124 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (collateral kills)
  A very ugly thing (Vaults:4)
  A deep elf annihilator (Elf:2)
  A fire dragon (Lair:6)
  A yaktaur captain (Vaults:4)
  A vault guard (Vaults:3)
  A merfolk avatar (Shoals:4)
  A dancing weapon (Elf:2)
  A tengu warrior (Depths:2)
  A deep troll earth mage (Depths:2)
  An orc high priest (Orc:1)
  4 deep trolls
  An orc knight (Orc:2)
  2 deep elf archers
  A wizard (D:13)
  2 sea snakes (Shoals:2)
  An ironbrand convoker (Vaults:3)
  An orc sorcerer (Orc:2)
  A human zombie (Vaults:4)
  A centaur zombie (D:12)
  A merfolk siren (Shoals:4)
  A spiny frog (Lair:6)
  A yaktaur (Vaults:4)
  A troll (D:9)
  A merfolk (Shoals:4)
  A wind drake (Shoals:4)
  A hippogriff (Lair:4)
  3 blink frogs
  A snapping turtle (Shoals:4)
  A water elemental (Shoals:4)
  6 yaks
  A steam dragon (D:12)
  6 water moccasins (Lair:6)
  6 orc warriors
  2 black bears (D:12)
  A centaur (D:8)
  A killer bee (D:12)
  A wight (D:12)
  An electric eel (D:12)
  A howler monkey (D:12)
  A bullfrog zombie (D:12)
  4 orc priests
  2 orc wizards (Orc:1)
  3 gnolls (Orc:1)
  An adder (D:12)
  12 orcs
  A plant (Depths:1)
86 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (others)
  A vault warden (Vaults:3)
  An ironheart preserver (Vaults:4)
  5 stone giants
  An ettin (Vaults:4)
  2 yaktaur captains
  A rakshasa (Depths:1)
  2 merfolk aquamancers (Shoals:4)
  A deep elf knight (Elf:2)
  A deep troll (Depths:2)
  A harpy (Shoals:3)
  3 cyclopes
  A wolf spider (Spider:1)
  A manticore (Shoals:3)
  A merfolk siren (Shoals:3)
  An orange demon (Depths:2)
  A vault sentinel (Vaults:3)
  10 yaktaurs
  2 water elementals
  3 humans (D:14)
  A worker ant (D:14)
  An orc (Vaults:2)
  2 bushes (Lair:6)
  34 fungi
  111 plants
  4 starspawn tentacles (Abyss:2)
192 creatures vanquished.

Grand Total: 2402 creatures vanquished

Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
-------+----------+-------------------------------------------
     0 | D:1      | Alphaeus the Gnoll Hunter began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1      | Reached XP level 1. HP: 20/20 MP: 1/1
   139 | D:1      | Reached XP level 2. HP: 26/26 MP: 2/2
   661 | D:2      | Reached XP level 3. HP: 31/31 MP: 3/3
   741 | D:2      | Noticed Jessica
   745 | D:2      | Killed Jessica
   745 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Short Blades
   745 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Long Blades
   745 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Axes
   745 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Maces & Flails
   745 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Polearms
   745 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Staves
   745 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Slings
   745 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Bows
   745 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Throwing
   745 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Armour
   745 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Shields
   745 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Unarmed Combat
   745 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Spellcasting
   745 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Invocations
   745 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Evocations
   745 | D:2      | Reached XP level 4. HP: 38/38 MP: 3/5
  1385 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Conjurations
  1385 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Hexes
  1385 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Charms
  1385 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Summonings
  1385 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Necromancy
  1385 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Translocations
  1385 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Transmutations
  1385 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Fire Magic
  1385 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Ice Magic
  1385 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Air Magic
  1385 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Earth Magic
  1385 | D:2      | Reached skill level 1 in Poison Magic
  1666 | D:3      | Noticed an ice beast
  1666 | D:3      | Reached XP level 5. HP: 43/43 MP: 6/6
  1679 | D:3      | Killed an ice beast
  1718 | D:3      | Reached XP level 6. HP: 50/50 MP: 8/8
  2470 | D:4      | Reached skill level 5 in Fighting
  2470 | D:4      | Reached skill level 5 in Dodging
  2563 | D:4      | Found a radiant altar of Vehumet.
  2563 | D:4      | Found a glowing silver altar of Zin.
  2568 | D:4      | Found a shattered altar of Ashenzari.
  2573 | D:4      | Reached XP level 7. HP: 26/56 MP: 10/10
  2576 | D:4      | Found an ornate altar of the Wu Jian Council.
  2579 | D:4      | Found a hide-covered altar of Uskayaw.
  3518 | D:5      | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  3576 | D:5      | Reached XP level 8. HP: 54/63 MP: 12/12
  4104 | D:5      | Got a steaming mace
  4105 | D:5      | Identified the +5 mace "Killer Klown's Regret" {drain, *Slow rPois rF+} (You found it on level 5 of the Dungeon)
  4898 | D:6      | Reached XP level 9. HP: 53/69 MP: 14/14
  5309 | D:6      | Found a sacrificial altar of Ru.
  5641 | D:7      | Found Plog's Armour Shop.
  5686 | D:7      | Reached skill level 5 in Stealth
  5715 | D:7      | Found Cerghuyp's Jewellery Shop.
  5734 | D:7      | Found a staircase to the Ecumenical Temple.
  5743 | Temple   | Entered the Ecumenical Temple
  5824 | Temple   | Became a worshipper of Cheibriados the Contemplative
  5844 | D:7      | Found a sand-covered staircase.
  5860 | Ossuary  | Entered an ossuary
  6013 | Ossuary  | Reached * piety under Cheibriados
  6251 | D:7      | Reached skill level 5 in Invocations
  6526 | D:7      | Learned a level 3 spell: Ozocubu's Armour
  6531 | D:7      | Learned a level 4 spell: Summon Ice Beast
  6535 | D:7      | Learned a level 3 spell: Conjure Flame
  6602 | D:7      | Reached ** piety under Cheibriados
  6657 | D:7      | Found Axtiogg's Weapon Shoppe.
  6716 | D:7      | Reached XP level 10. HP: 58/77 MP: 10/17
  7161 | D:8      | Noticed Erica
  7186 | D:8      | Killed Erica
  7186 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Short Blades
  7186 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Long Blades
  7186 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Axes
  7186 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Maces & Flails
  7186 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Polearms
  7186 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Staves
  7186 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Slings
  7186 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Bows
  7186 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Throwing
  7186 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Armour
  7186 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Shields
  7186 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Unarmed Combat
  7186 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Spellcasting
  7186 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Evocations
  7390 | D:8      | Noticed a two-headed ogre
  7403 | D:8      | Killed a two-headed ogre
  7403 | D:8      | Reached skill level 10 in Crossbows
  7943 | D:8      | Noticed Prince Ribbit
  7950 | D:8      | Killed Prince Ribbit
  8370 | D:9      | Got a faintly humming cloak
  8376 | D:9      | Identified the -2 cloak of Hul Xab {Dex+2} (You found it on level 9 of the Dungeon)
  8485 | D:9      | Found a staircase to the Orcish Mines.
  8517 | D:9      | Reached *** piety under Cheibriados
  8958 | D:9      | Reached XP level 11. HP: 80/84 MP: 19/19
  9467 | D:9      | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
  9585 | D:10     | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
  9587 | D:10     | Reached **** piety under Cheibriados
  9992 | D:10     | Reached skill level 5 in Conjurations
  9992 | D:10     | Reached skill level 5 in Hexes
  9992 | D:10     | Reached skill level 5 in Charms
  9992 | D:10     | Reached skill level 5 in Summonings
  9992 | D:10     | Reached skill level 5 in Necromancy
  9992 | D:10     | Reached skill level 5 in Translocations
  9992 | D:10     | Reached skill level 5 in Transmutations
  9992 | D:10     | Reached skill level 5 in Fire Magic
  9992 | D:10     | Reached skill level 5 in Ice Magic
  9992 | D:10     | Reached skill level 5 in Air Magic
  9992 | D:10     | Reached skill level 5 in Earth Magic
  9992 | D:10     | Reached skill level 5 in Poison Magic
 10422 | D:10     | Was placed under penance by Cheibriados
 10567 | D:11     | Found a staircase to the Lair.
 10576 | D:11     | Was forgiven by Cheibriados
 10588 | D:11     | Gained mutation: You possess an exceptional clarity of mind. [potion of mutation]
 10588 | D:11     | Gained mutation: Your flesh is heat resistant. (rF+) [potion of mutation]
 10624 | D:11     | Noticed a manticore
 10630 | D:11     | Killed a manticore
 10820 | D:11     | Noticed a wizard
 10834 | D:11     | Killed a wizard
 10839 | D:11     | Found an opulent altar of Gozag.
 10853 | D:11     | Got a crude great sword
 10854 | D:11     | Identified the +7 great sword "Esmasyoc" {freeze, *Corrode Int+6 SInv} (You found it on level 11 of the Dungeon)
 11574 | Lair:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
 11696 | Lair:1   | Reached ***** piety under Cheibriados
 11781 | Lair:1   | Learned a level 5 spell: Fireball
 12314 | Lair:1   | Noticed an oklob plant
 12700 | Lair:2   | Noticed a five-headed hydra
 12709 | Lair:2   | Killed a five-headed hydra
 12709 | Lair:2   | Reached XP level 12. HP: 72/93 MP: 22/22
 13627 | Lair:2   | Got a twisted dagger
 13628 | Lair:2   | Identified the +8 dagger "Rubisch" {pierce, rN+ Stlth+} (You found it on level 2 of the Lair of Beasts)
 13659 | Lair:3   | Noticed a five-headed hydra
 13671 | Lair:3   | Killed a five-headed hydra
 14758 | Lair:3   | HP: 3/94 [yak[a torpor snail] (6)]
 16140 | Lair:4   | Found a staircase to the Shoals.
 16467 | Lair:4   | Found a hole to the Spider Nest.
 17003 | Lair:5   | Reached XP level 13. HP: 81/101 MP: 8/24
 17393 | Lair:5   | Reached ****** piety under Cheibriados
 17433 | Lair:5   | Found a staircase to the Slime Pits.
 18677 | Lair:6   | Entered Level 6 of the Lair of Beasts
 18861 | Lair:6   | Learned a level 3 spell: Mephitic Cloud
 20616 | Lair:6   | Reached XP level 14. HP: 109/109 MP: 26/26
 21655 | D:12     | Reached skill level 10 in Fighting
 21655 | D:12     | Reached skill level 10 in Dodging
 22361 | D:12     | Found a runed door.
 22566 | D:12     | Noticed a purple very ugly thing
 22584 | D:12     | Killed a purple very ugly thing
 23917 | D:13     | Reached skill level 10 in Invocations
 24492 | D:13     | Found a gate to the Vaults.
 24935 | D:14     | Noticed Kirke
 24969 | D:14     | Killed Kirke
 26247 | D:15     | Entered Level 15 of the Dungeon
 26278 | D:15     | Learned a level 1 spell: Apportation
 26296 | D:15     | Identified the +2 scale mail of the Storm King {Str+3} (You found it on level 15 of the Dungeon)
 26406 | D:15     | Reached XP level 15. HP: 117/117 MP: 24/28
 26533 | D:15     | Noticed a fire giant
 26545 | D:15     | Killed a fire giant
 26552 | D:15     | Found a staircase to the Depths.
 26557 | D:15     | Identified the +8 spear "Boniy" {pierce, +Rage MR++} (You found it on level 15 of the Dungeon)
 27061 | D:15     | Reached skill level 10 in Stealth
 27363 | Orc:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Orcish Mines
 27991 | Orc:2    | Entered Level 2 of the Orcish Mines
 28017 | Orc:2    | Found a staircase to the Elven Halls.
 28645 | Orc:2    | Found Nedosh's Antique Weapon Boutique.
 28645 | Orc:2    | Found Zebaodoc's Assorted Antiques.
 28648 | Orc:2    | Found Tiris's Magic Scroll Boutique.
 28648 | Orc:2    | Found Kuzy's Food Emporium.
 28929 | Orc:2    | Bought a fine dagger for 217 gold pieces
 28929 | Orc:2    | Identified the +5 dagger of Patience {pierce, rN+ Str+4 Int+3} (You bought it in a shop on level 2 of the Orcish Mines)
 28974 | Orc:2    | Learned a level 3 spell: Tukima's Dance
 29441 | Shoals:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Shoals
 29497 | Shoals:1 | Noticed Louise
 29537 | Shoals:1 | Killed Louise
 29537 | Shoals:1 | Reached skill level 10 in Short Blades
 29537 | Shoals:1 | Reached skill level 10 in Long Blades
 29537 | Shoals:1 | Reached skill level 10 in Axes
 29537 | Shoals:1 | Reached skill level 10 in Maces & Flails
 29537 | Shoals:1 | Reached skill level 10 in Polearms
 29537 | Shoals:1 | Reached skill level 10 in Staves
 29537 | Shoals:1 | Reached skill level 10 in Slings
 29537 | Shoals:1 | Reached skill level 10 in Bows
 29537 | Shoals:1 | Reached skill level 10 in Throwing
 29537 | Shoals:1 | Reached skill level 10 in Armour
 29537 | Shoals:1 | Reached skill level 10 in Shields
 29537 | Shoals:1 | Reached skill level 10 in Unarmed Combat
 29537 | Shoals:1 | Reached skill level 10 in Spellcasting
 29537 | Shoals:1 | Reached skill level 10 in Evocations
 30155 | Depths:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Depths
 30155 | Depths:1 | Noticed a tengu reaver
 30394 | Shoals:1 | Learned a level 4 spell: Airstrike
 31446 | Shoals:2 | Found Jatuep's General Store.
 31459 | Shoals:2 | Bought a +0 cloak of invisibility for 115 gold pieces
 31459 | Shoals:2 | Bought the ring of the Mage {Wiz MR++ Int+3} for 517 gold pieces
 31459 | Shoals:2 | Found the ring of the Mage {Wiz MR++ Int+3}
 31803 | Shoals:2 | Reached XP level 16. HP: 125/125 MP: 30/30
 32673 | Shoals:3 | Found Roshianta's Gadget Boutique.
 32729 | Shoals:3 | Learned a level 6 spell: Shadow Creatures
 33753 | Shoals:4 | Entered Level 4 of the Shoals
 33791 | Shoals:4 | Noticed Ilsuiw
 33821 | Shoals:4 | Killed Ilsuiw
 34695 | Shoals:4 | Identified the Guide on Ignition and Poison
 35160 | Shoals:4 | Lost mutation: You possess an exceptional clarity of mind. [mutagenic glow]
 35181 | Shoals:4 | Gained mutation: You are clumsy. (Dex -2) [mutagenic glow]
 36072 | Shoals:4 | Got a barnacled rune of Zot
 36152 | Shoals:4 | Reached XP level 17. HP: 114/133 MP: 32/32
 37356 | Spider:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Spider Nest
 37758 | Spider:1 | Noticed Frances
 37775 | Spider:1 | Killed Frances
 38661 | Spider:1 | Identified the cursed +1 robe of Qoanax {rC++ Int-4 Slay+6} (You found it on level 1 of the Spider Nest)
 38675 | Spider:1 | Identified the +0 cloak of Amorality {rElec Int+3} (You found it on level 1 of the Spider Nest)
 38800 | Spider:1 | Noticed Donald
 38820 | Spider:1 | Killed Donald
 39304 | Spider:2 | Noticed Arachne
 39316 | Spider:1 | Killed Arachne
 40183 | Spider:1 | HP: 4/133 [wolf spider (20)]
 40189 | Spider:1 | HP: 2/133 [redback (5)]
 42239 | Spider:2 | Learned a level 6 spell: Statue Form
 42324 | Spider:3 | Reached skill level 10 in Conjurations
 42324 | Spider:3 | Reached skill level 10 in Hexes
 42324 | Spider:3 | Reached skill level 10 in Charms
 42324 | Spider:3 | Reached skill level 10 in Summonings
 42324 | Spider:3 | Reached skill level 10 in Necromancy
 42324 | Spider:3 | Reached skill level 10 in Translocations
 42324 | Spider:3 | Reached skill level 10 in Transmutations
 42324 | Spider:3 | Reached skill level 10 in Fire Magic
 42324 | Spider:3 | Reached skill level 10 in Ice Magic
 42324 | Spider:3 | Reached skill level 10 in Air Magic
 42324 | Spider:3 | Reached skill level 10 in Earth Magic
 42324 | Spider:3 | Reached skill level 10 in Poison Magic
 42759 | Spider:3 | Reached XP level 18. HP: 141/141 MP: 23/33
 43177 | Spider:4 | Entered Level 4 of the Spider Nest
 45068 | Spider:4 | Got a gossamer rune of Zot
 46831 | Depths:1 | Found a gateway to Hell.
 46884 | Depths:1 | Found a one-way gate to the infinite horrors of the Abyss.
 46897 | Depths:1 | Reached XP level 19. HP: 149/149 MP: 31/35
 47216 | Depths:1 | Found a gateway to a ziggurat.
 47576 | Depths:1 | Noticed Saint Roka
 47591 | Depths:1 | Killed Saint Roka
 49349 | Depths:2 | Cast into level 2 of the Abyss (hell knight)
 49560 | Abyss:2  | Paralysed by accursed screaming for 1 turns
 49562 | Abyss:2  | Paralysed by accursed screaming for 1 turns
 49563 | Abyss:2  | Noticed a bone dragon
 49571 | Abyss:2  | Killed a bone dragon
 49659 | Abyss:2  | Gained mutation: You tend to lose your temper in combat. [a neqoxec]
 49660 | Abyss:2  | Gained mutation: You often lose your temper in combat. [a neqoxec]
 49721 | Abyss:2  | Noticed a bone dragon
 49811 | Abyss:2  | Got a transparent morningstar
 49843 | Abyss:2  | Reached XP level 20. HP: 157/157 MP: 36/36
 49867 | Abyss:2  | Reached skill level 15 in Crossbows
 49914 | Depths:2 | Escaped the Abyss
 49929 | Depths:2 | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
 50287 | Shoals:3 | Bought a wand of digging (10) for 476 gold pieces
 50287 | Shoals:3 | Bought a wand of digging (11) for 510 gold pieces
 52750 | Depths:2 | Lost mutation: You often lose your temper in combat. [potion of mutation]
 52750 | Depths:2 | Lost mutation: You tend to lose your temper in combat. [potion of mutation]
 52750 | Depths:2 | Gained mutation: You have sharp toenails. [potion of mutation]
 52750 | Depths:2 | Gained mutation: Your muscles are strong. (Str +2) [potion of mutation]
 52750 | Depths:2 | Gained mutation: You are partially covered in iridescent scales. (AC +2) [potion of mutation]
 52750 | Depths:2 | Gained mutation: Your spells are a little harder to cast, but a little more powerful. [potion of mutation]
 52751 | Depths:2 | Lost mutation: Your muscles are strong. (Str +2) [potion of mutation]
 52751 | Depths:2 | Lost mutation: Your flesh is heat resistant. (rF+) [potion of mutation]
 52751 | Depths:2 | Lost mutation: Your spells are a little harder to cast, but a little more powerful. [potion of mutation]
 52751 | Depths:2 | Gained mutation: You are covered in fur. (AC +1) [potion of mutation]
 52792 | Depths:2 | Identified the Tome of the Frostbite and Evil Magic
 52796 | Depths:2 | Identified the ring of the Hart {rF+ rC+ Int+4} (You found it on level 2 of the Depths)
 52799 | Depths:2 | Identified the cursed +2 morningstar of Gallantry {venom, Dex+9 Stlth+} (You found it on level 2 of the Abyss)
 53687 | Depths:3 | Noticed Boris
 53704 | Depths:3 | Killed Boris
 54433 | Depths:3 | Reached XP level 21. HP: 165/165 MP: 36/38
 54837 | Depths:3 | Found a one-way gate leading to the halls of Pandemonium.
 55021 | Vaults:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Vaults
 57139 | Vaults:2 | Reached skill level 15 in Invocations
 57193 | Vaults:2 | Found a staircase to the Crypt.
 57294 | Vaults:2 | Got a scintillating graven amulet
 57295 | Vaults:2 | Identified the amulet "Fiodask" {Inacc Int+4} (You found it on level 2 of the Vaults)
 57663 | Vaults:2 | Found Xahi's Antique Armour Boutique.
 57734 | Vaults:2 | Reached XP level 22. HP: 173/173 MP: 40/40
 58280 | Vaults:3 | Got a slimy pewter ring
 58281 | Vaults:3 | Identified the ring "Iru Emm" {rN+++ MR+ Int-5 Slay+6 Stlth+} (You found it on level 3 of the Vaults)
 58834 | Vaults:3 | Noticed Jory
 58855 | Vaults:3 | HP: 2/226 [Jory/crystal spear (49)]
 58866 | Vaults:3 | Killed Jory
 58872 | Vaults:3 | HP: 9/226 [vault guard/battleaxe (16)]
 59244 | Vaults:3 | Noticed Frederick
 59262 | Vaults:3 | Killed Frederick
 59740 | Vaults:3 | Reached skill level 15 in Fighting
 59740 | Vaults:3 | Reached skill level 15 in Dodging
 60363 | Vaults:3 | Identified Enyasor's Reference Book on Virous Air
 61111 | Vaults:4 | Noticed Sojobo
 61143 | Vaults:4 | Killed Sojobo
 61143 | Vaults:4 | Reached XP level 23. HP: 158/181 MP: 37/41
 61312 | Vaults:4 | Found Vuiza's Weapon Emporium.
 61320 | Vaults:4 | Found Oclunol's Book Emporium.
 61544 | Vaults:4 | Noticed Margery
 61560 | Vaults:4 | Killed Margery
 61941 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 15 in Stealth
 61947 | Vaults:4 | HP: 11/235 [yaktaur[a vault warden] (13)]
 62515 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 15 in Short Blades
 62515 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 15 in Long Blades
 62515 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 15 in Axes
 62515 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 15 in Maces & Flails
 62515 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 15 in Polearms
 62515 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 15 in Staves
 62515 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 15 in Slings
 62515 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 15 in Bows
 62515 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 15 in Throwing
 62515 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 15 in Armour
 62515 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 15 in Shields
 62515 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 15 in Unarmed Combat
 62515 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 15 in Spellcasting
 62515 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 15 in Evocations
 62808 | Vaults:4 | Found Burphag's Assorted Antiques.
 63597 | Elf:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Elven Halls
 64276 | Elf:1    | Found Dosagulu's General Store.
 64279 | Elf:1    | Bought a potion of curing for 57 gold pieces
 64314 | Elf:1    | Identified the +7 hunting sling of Rox Mugro {velocity, Dex+3} (You found it on level 1 of the Elven Halls)
 64703 | Elf:2    | Noticed Jorgrun
 64722 | Elf:2    | Killed Jorgrun
 64723 | Elf:2    | Reached XP level 24. HP: 179/190 MP: 42/42
 65154 | Elf:2    | Found a huge runed gate.
 65154 | Elf:2    | Found a huge runed gate.
 65156 | Elf:2    | Found a huge runed gate.
 65168 | Elf:2    | Found a huge runed gate.
 65171 | Elf:2    | Found a huge runed gate.
 65542 | Elf:2    | Found Foiptoh's Weapon Shoppe.
 66428 | Elf:3    | Entered Level 3 of the Elven Halls
 66532 | Elf:3    | Found Nyagg's Distillery.
 66601 | Elf:3    | Bought a potion of curing for 54 gold pieces
 66724 | Elf:3    | Noticed whitephoenix's ghost (adept VSMo)
 66736 | Elf:3    | Killed whitephoenix's ghost
 67234 | Elf:3    | Got a scintillating jade ring
 67702 | Elf:3    | Identified the ring "Kutabox" {Ice Str+5 Slay-4} (You took it off a deep elf death mage on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 67790 | Elf:3    | Identified the Collected Works on Cloudy Evil Rites
 67799 | Elf:3    | Identified Dicuikk's Handbook of Supportive Attacks
 68685 | Depths:4 | Reached XP level 25. HP: 188/197 MP: 42/42
 70165 | Depths:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Depths
 70863 | Depths:5 | Found a gate to the Realm of Zot.
 72237 | Slime:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Pits of Slime
 72996 | Slime:5  | Entered Level 5 of the Pits of Slime
 73001 | Slime:5  | Gained mutation: You are frail. (-10% HP) [a shining eye]
 73114 | Slime:5  | Reached XP level 26. HP: 186/186 MP: 40/43
 73142 | Slime:5  | Noticed the Royal Jelly
 73147 | Slime:5  | Found a viscous altar of Jiyva.
 73156 | Slime:5  | Killed the Royal Jelly
 73166 | Slime:5  | HP: 8/241 [acid blob/splash of acid[the Royal Jelly] (6)]
 73166 | Slime:5  | HP: 3/241 [acid[the Royal Jelly] (5)]
 73168 | Slime:5  | Splashed by an acid blob's acid

Vault maps used:
D:1:      dpeg_arrival_simpleton_a, st_stairs_10, minmay_close_crescents
D:2:      kennysheep_generic_room_3, uniq_jessica
D:3:      first_ration
D:4:      chequers_temple_overflow_minitemple
D:5:      lemuel_castle_with_subvaults
D:6:      nicolae_ru_the_path_less_chosen
D:7:      minmay_temple_entry_hall, nicolae_ossuary_entry_monument,
          serial_shops, kennysheep_little_box, shop, shop_fountains
D:8:      blue_anna_alchemist, uniq_erica, uniq_prince_ribbit1
D:9:      overflow_temple_1_default, david_orc_1_choice
D:10:     kennysheep_generic_room_9
D:11:     grunt_lair_entry_orc_guard_hut, basic_altar, minmay_checkerbox
D:12:     lightli_airlock
D:13:     david_vaults_4
D:14:     hangedman_glass_teeth, uniq_kirke
D:15:     grunt_enter_depths_giant_problem, columned_hall_lemuel
Temple:   eino_temple_rhombus
Lair:1:   minmay_lair_oklob_tunnel, uniq_sonja
Lair:2:   minmay_lair_venomous_thicket, nicolae_quartered_pool_medium
Lair:3:   lemuel_fruit_fields, lemuel_fruit_tree
Lair:4:   elwin_shoals_entry_stream, spider_nest_entry_rubble,
          patterned_corridor
Lair:5:   cheibrodos_lair_river_kwai, slime_dummy, grunt_megastairs_1,
          infiniplex_staircase_pool
Lair:6:   hangedman_lair_tendril_chambers, guppyfry_lair_end_dragon,
          minmay_stone_trees_small, grunt_forest_stairs_basic, dpeg_oklob_1
Shoals:1: uniq_louise
Shoals:2: serial_shops, nicolae_shop_waterfront, nicolae_shoals_seven_spires
Shoals:3: serial_shops, nicolae_shop_crystal, st_sunken_huts
Shoals:4: shoals_end_simple, shoal_ilsuiw
Spider:1: cheibrodos_spider_silkery, uniq_donald, uniq_frances
Spider:2: uniq_arachne
Spider:4: floodkiller_spider_rune_tomb
Slime:3:  nicolae_slime_phagocytosis
Orc:1:    nicolae_orc_sculptors_studio
Orc:2:    grunt_orc_tribal_feast, nicolae_orc_stony_grotto,
          statue_in_the_mist_lemuel
Elf:1:    eino_elf_arrival_customs, serial_shops, nicolae_shop_behind_doors,
          minmay_elf_crystal_heptagon
Elf:2:    serial_shops, shop, uniq_jorgrun
Elf:3:    minmay_elf_hall_curves, serial_shops, shop
Vaults:1: vaults_dpeg_doors, v_misc_14, ontoclasm_vaults_gateway,
          grunt_vaults_swirl, ontoclasm_vaults_pinch, v_misc_30,
          nicolae_vaults_little_squares_5, vaults_dpeg_ring,
          ontoclasm_vaults_loading_screen, serial_glass
Vaults:2: minmay_crypt_entry_simple_statues, dpeg_vaults_waves,
          vaults_mumra_chevron, v_alt_pattern_3, vaults_mumra_minichess,
          ontoclasm_vaults_eye, nicolae_vaults_little_squares_5,
          vaults_dpeg_diagonal, ontoclasm_vaults_idyll, hangedman_vaults_trim,
          ontoclasm_vaults_fault, vaults_dpeg_hooks, v_misc_31, serial_shops,
          shop
Vaults:3: hangedman_vaults_stream, vaults_room_ringed_pool,
          nicolae_vaults_angled_halls, nicolae_vaults_puzzle_piece,
          vaults_room_large_hall, st_greater_box_4,
          nicolae_vaults_little_squares_3, v_misc_17, v_alt_pattern_6,
          hangedman_vaults_maws, ontoclasm_vaults_chip, uniq_jory,
          uniq_frederick
Vaults:4: nicolae_vaults_twisting_passages, ontoclasm_vaults_ligature, v_misc_3,
          hangedman_vaults_slither, vaults_mumra_hexcomb,
          ontoclasm_vaults_ring_small, dpeg_vaults_pockets_of_resistance,
          hangedman_vaults_snaps, hangedman_vaults_impose, v_pattern_4,
          v_misc_16, serial_shops, shop, shop_fountains, shop, uniq_sojobo,
          uniq_margery
Depths:1: enter_ziggurat_c, abyss_entry_small_statue_room,
          hangedman_decor_diamond_cutter, hangedman_coc_ice_floe,
          serial_bayou_pond_c, minmay_misc_feat_pillars, solitary_fountain,
          spider_trap, hangedman_decor_opposing, grunt_decor_resistance,
          minmay_misc_feat_square, grunt_ministairs_12, minivault_16,
          lemuel_flame_loot_1, uniq_saint_roka
Depths:2: kennysheep_large_spiral, abyss_entry, hell_entry,
          minmay_misc_feat_doors, spider_trap, grunt_guarded_unrand_obsidian_axe
Depths:3: nooodl_glass_maze, rand_demon_pan_entry_4, kennysheep_path_1,
          hell_entry, minmay_staircase_bubble, uniq_boris
Depths:4: minmay_open_boxes_in_corner, abyss_entry_crystal,
          infiniplex_staircase_pool_1, hell_entry
Depths:5: grunt_zot_entry_funnels, rand_demon_pan_entry_3, abyss_entry,
          hell_entry, serial_bayou_pond_b, nicolae_lava_and_water,
          serial_bayou_shore_a
Abyss:2:  hangedman_cross_veins
Ossuary:  minmay_ossuary_two_tombs

Skill      XL: |  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 |
---------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-----
Short Blades   |        1        2     3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11    12    13 14    15    16 | 16.4
Long Blades    |        1        2     3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11    12    13 14    15    16 | 16.4
Axes           |        1        2     3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11    12    13 14    15    16 | 16.4
Maces & Flails |        1        2     3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11    12    13 14    15    16 | 16.4
Polearms       |        1        2     3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11    12    13 14    15    16 | 16.4
Staves         |        1        2     3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11    12    13 14    15    16 | 16.4
Slings         |        1        2     3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11    12    13 14    15    16 | 16.4
Bows           |        1        2     3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11    12    13 14    15    16 | 16.4
Throwing       |        1        2     3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11    12    13 14    15    16 | 16.4
Armour         |        1        2     3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11    12    13 14    15    16 | 16.4
Shields        |        1        2     3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11    12    13 14    15    16 | 16.4
Unarmed Combat |        1        2     3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11    12    13 14    15    16 | 16.4
Spellcasting   |        1        2     3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11    12    13 14    15    16 | 16.4
Invocations    |        1        2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11    12 13    14 15    16 17    | 17.7
Evocations     |        1        2     3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11    12    13 14    15    16 | 16.4
Conjurations   |           1        2  3     4  5  6  7  8     9 10    11    12    13    14 | 14.2
Hexes          |           1        2  3     4  5  6  7  8     9 10    11    12    13    14 | 14.2
Charms         |           1        2  3     4  5  6  7  8     9 10    11    12    13    14 | 14.2
Summonings     |           1        2  3     4  5  6  7  8     9 10    11    12    13    14 | 14.2
Necromancy     |           1        2  3     4  5  6  7  8     9 10    11    12    13    14 | 14.2
Translocations |           1        2  3     4  5  6  7  8     9 10    11    12    13    14 | 14.2
Transmutations |           1        2  3     4  5  6  7  8     9 10    11    12    13    14 | 14.2
Fire Magic     |           1        2  3     4  5  6  7  8     9 10    11    12    13    14 | 14.2
Ice Magic      |           1        2  3     4  5  6  7  8     9 10    11    12    13    14 | 14.2
Air Magic      |           1        2  3     4  5  6  7  8     9 10    11    12    13    14 | 14.2
Earth Magic    |           1        2  3     4  5  6  7  8     9 10    11    12    13    14 | 14.2
Poison Magic   |           1        2  3     4  5  6  7  8     9 10    11    12    13    14 | 14.2
Stealth        |                 3     4  5  6  7  8  9    10 11    12 13    14    15    16 | 16.6
Fighting       |                 5     6     7  8  9    10 11    12 13    14    15    16    | 16.9
Dodging        |                 5     6     7  8  9    10 11    12 13    14    15    16    | 16.9
Crossbows      |                    9       10    11    12    13    14    15    16    17    | 17.9

Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 | 13-15 | 16-18 | 19-21 | 22-24 | 25-27 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------++-------
Melee: Mace              |       |       |    28 |   124 |    92 |    70 |       |       |       ||   314
       Bite              |       |       |     5 |    45 |    46 |    62 |   121 |    70 |    23 ||   372
       Punch             |       |       |       |    15 |       |       |       |       |       ||    15
       Dagger            |       |       |       |   121 |   118 |    47 |       |       |       ||   286
       Unarmed           |       |       |       |       |    30 |       |       |       |       ||    30
       Broad axe         |       |       |       |       |       |   195 |   570 |   401 |   156 ||  1322
       Kick              |       |       |       |       |       |       |   147 |   187 |    61 ||   395
 Fire: Hand crossbow     |    49 |   151 |   561 |   498 |  1088 |  1230 |   647 |   894 |   364 ||  5482
Throw: Stone             |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |       ||     1
 Cast: Ozocubu's Armour  |       |       |     3 |    26 |    53 |    22 |     1 |       |       ||   105
       Summon Ice Beast  |       |       |       |    12 |    59 |    23 |       |       |       ||    94
       Shadow Creatures  |       |       |       |       |       |     4 |     7 |     9 |       ||    20
       Airstrike         |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |       |     2 |       ||     5
       Statue Form       |       |       |       |       |       |    25 |    37 |    26 |    16 ||   104
       Mephitic Cloud    |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       ||     1
       Tukima's Dance    |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |       ||     3
Invok: Slouch            |       |       |       |     1 |    10 |    19 |     2 |     4 |     2 ||    38
       Step From Time    |       |       |       |       |     1 |     3 |       |     2 |     1 ||     7
 Abil: Evoke Invisibilit |       |       |       |       |     2 |    17 |       |       |     1 ||    20
Evoke: Wand              |       |       |       |     1 |     1 |       |     3 |       |       ||     5
  Use: Scroll            |       |       |     8 |    16 |    14 |    11 |    13 |    19 |     6 ||    87
       Potion            |       |       |       |    28 |    19 |     8 |     8 |    11 |     4 ||    78
 Stab: Invisible         |       |       |       |     3 |     5 |    13 |       |     3 |       ||    24
       Sleeping          |       |       |       |     5 |     3 |     1 |     3 |     3 |       ||    15
       Paralysed         |       |       |       |     2 |       |       |       |       |       ||     2
       Distracted        |       |       |       |       |    13 |     1 |     2 |     7 |       ||    23
  Eat: Chunk             |       |     5 |    11 |    13 |    16 |    21 |     7 |    16 |     5 ||    94
       Ration            |       |       |       |     1 |     3 |     4 |     5 |     1 |     1 ||    15
Armor: Ring mail         |     2 |    20 |    59 |       |       |       |       |       |       ||    81
       Leather armour    |       |       |     3 |    82 |    75 |    66 |       |       |       ||   226
       Skin              |       |       |       |       |     6 |   244 |   254 |   145 |    66 ||   715
       Swamp dragon scal |       |       |       |       |       |    35 |       |       |       ||    35
       Robe              |       |       |       |       |       |    14 |     9 |    17 |    13 ||    53
Dodge: Dodged            |     4 |    31 |   189 |   642 |   697 |  1588 |   962 |   719 |   353 ||  5185
       Deflected         |       |       |       |       |     5 |       |       |       |       ||     5
Block: Shield            |       |       |       |    33 |   619 |  1137 |   855 |   655 |   307 ||  3606
       Reflection        |       |       |       |       |       |       |    62 |    65 |    38 ||   165

Table legend:
 A = Spawn XP
 B = Non-spawn XP
 C = Spawn XP percentage of total XP
 D = Spawn monster count
 E = Non-spawn monster count
 F = Spawn count percentage of total count
 G = Total turns spent on level

A         B        C        D         E        F        G   
            +---------+---------+-------+---------+---------+-------+---------
      Total |    7641 | 1116975 |   0.7 |      12 |    2217 |   0.5 |   73168
        D:1 |       0 |      33 |   0.0 |       0 |      21 |   0.0 |     656
        D:2 |       0 |     109 |   0.0 |       0 |      31 |   0.0 |     850
        D:3 |       0 |     210 |   0.0 |       0 |      25 |   0.0 |     674
        D:4 |       0 |     756 |   0.0 |       0 |      33 |   0.0 |    1338
        D:5 |       0 |    1016 |   0.0 |       0 |      66 |   0.0 |    1208
        D:6 |       0 |    1161 |   0.0 |       0 |      23 |   0.0 |     825
        D:7 |       0 |    1274 |   0.0 |       0 |      18 |   0.0 |    1178
        D:8 |       0 |    3184 |   0.0 |       0 |      21 |   0.0 |    1159
        D:9 |       0 |    2548 |   0.0 |       0 |      36 |   0.0 |    1364
       D:10 |       0 |    1020 |   0.0 |       0 |      23 |   0.0 |     941
       D:11 |       0 |    2889 |   0.0 |       0 |      25 |   0.0 |    1314
       D:12 |       0 |    8265 |   0.0 |       0 |      47 |   0.0 |    1876
       D:13 |       0 |    9662 |   0.0 |       0 |      44 |   0.0 |    1798
       D:14 |       0 |    9988 |   0.0 |       0 |      36 |   0.0 |    1498
       D:15 |       0 |    8644 |   0.0 |       0 |      27 |   0.0 |    1246
     Lair:1 |       0 |    3055 |   0.0 |       0 |      14 |   0.0 |    1234
     Lair:2 |       0 |    3278 |   0.0 |       0 |      20 |   0.0 |    1217
     Lair:3 |       0 |    5699 |   0.0 |       0 |      26 |   0.0 |    2003
     Lair:4 |       0 |    5090 |   0.0 |       0 |      16 |   0.0 |    1980
     Lair:5 |       0 |   11787 |   0.0 |       0 |      43 |   0.0 |    1861
     Lair:6 |       0 |   19395 |   0.0 |       0 |      73 |   0.0 |    3388
   Shoals:1 |       0 |   13665 |   0.0 |       0 |      26 |   0.0 |    1313
   Shoals:2 |       0 |   10503 |   0.0 |       0 |      23 |   0.0 |    1179
   Shoals:3 |       0 |   20789 |   0.0 |       0 |      41 |   0.0 |    1446
   Shoals:4 |       0 |   37732 |   0.0 |       0 |      82 |   0.0 |    3472
   Spider:1 |       0 |   33850 |   0.0 |       0 |      66 |   0.0 |    4035
   Spider:2 |       0 |   12317 |   0.0 |       0 |      32 |   0.0 |     891
   Spider:3 |       0 |   18059 |   0.0 |       0 |      51 |   0.0 |    1275
   Spider:4 |       0 |   54158 |   0.0 |       0 |     104 |   0.0 |    2305
    Slime:1 |       0 |    8376 |   0.0 |       0 |      18 |   0.0 |     177
    Slime:2 |       0 |    7765 |   0.0 |       0 |      18 |   0.0 |     181
    Slime:3 |       0 |    3049 |   0.0 |       0 |      12 |   0.0 |     184
    Slime:5 |       0 |   25319 |   0.0 |       0 |      12 |   0.0 |      92
      Orc:1 |       0 |    4286 |   0.0 |       0 |      39 |   0.0 |     993
      Orc:2 |       0 |    7835 |   0.0 |       0 |      48 |   0.0 |    1031
      Elf:1 |       0 |   28622 |   0.0 |       0 |      47 |   0.0 |    1046
      Elf:2 |       0 |   57354 |   0.0 |       0 |      79 |   0.0 |    1844
      Elf:3 |       0 |   62832 |   0.0 |       0 |      64 |   0.0 |    1627
   Vaults:1 |       0 |   29723 |   0.0 |       0 |      53 |   0.0 |    1612
   Vaults:2 |       0 |   74654 |   0.0 |       0 |     102 |   0.0 |    1737
   Vaults:3 |       0 |   90338 |   0.0 |       0 |      98 |   0.0 |    2649
   Vaults:4 |       0 |   97331 |   0.0 |       0 |     102 |   0.0 |    2416
   Depths:1 |       0 |   34153 |   0.0 |       0 |      43 |   0.0 |    2803
   Depths:2 |       0 |   67542 |   0.0 |       0 |      90 |   0.0 |    2925
   Depths:3 |       0 |   54755 |   0.0 |       0 |      69 |   0.0 |    1485
   Depths:4 |       0 |   63380 |   0.0 |       0 |      68 |   0.0 |    1846
   Depths:5 |       0 |   79957 |   0.0 |       0 |      88 |   0.0 |    1816
    Abyss:2 |    7641 |   19174 |  28.5 |      12 |      37 |  24.5 |     565
    Ossuary |       0 |     394 |   0.0 |       0 |      37 |   0.0 |     334

So...freakin'....pissed.

Literally in the process of climbing the stairs.

Still, quite the good run. With +12 slaying my hand Cbow was still surprisingly lethal -- taking out iron trolls ad dragons in 3 shots or less.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 8th March 2018, 10:37

Jeremy, are you sure HP is increased on nightmare? One-shoting Stone Giants does not look right.

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 8th March 2018, 12:06

I checked the code for hp change for nightmare, and it looked correct. I added a debug option: debug_monster_hp, which will allow you to see exact monster health numbers as they are damaged. This might give us more insight into what's going on.

VeryAngryFelid

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 8th March 2018, 13:06

Code:
A brown ugly thing comes into view.
Firing (i - inventory. (/) - cycle) Nothing suitable (ignored '=f'-inscribed item on 'd').
Press: ? - help, Shift-Dir - straight line, f - brown ugly thing
Aim: a brown ugly thing (hasn't noticed you)
Okay, then.
You shoot a bolt.
The brown ugly thing gurgles horribly!
The bolt hits the brown ugly thing for 6.
Brown ugly thing is damaged (57 - 6 -> 51)

According to learnDB
  Code:
brown ugly thing (u)
An ugly thing. According to legend, it is the otherworldly spawn of a wizard's breeding experiment. Yuck.

Speed: 10 (move: 90%) | HD: 12 | HP: 52-80 | AC/EV: 4/10 | Damage: 17(acid:7d3) | doors | Resistances: magic(40), acid | Vulnerabilities: silver | Chunks: mutagenic | XP: 554 | Size: Medium | Intelligence: animal.

So it looks like HP is not changed, it should have had at least 67 HP (52*1.3=67)

Edit. I suspended my game so you can investigate if needed. http://crawl.ufetubus.com/morgue/Sandma ... dman25.txt

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 8th March 2018, 18:54

What numbers does "extra numbers" show? I haven't really noticed anything extra so far...

P.S. I do like the debug hp option, though:

You pummel Cerebov like a punching bag for 156!!!!!
Cerebov is damaged (148 - 148 -> 0)
You kill Cerebov!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 8th March 2018, 23:30

Idea for an additional spicy option: no_mutations. If true, then the character is 100% immune to mutations. Potions of mutation could still generate just so you don't have to muck with the item pool, or just turn them to gold. They have no effect if you do try to quaff one, and should be colored grey (or whatever color you have useless items appear as).

This would make monsters that malmutate waste turns trying to mutate you, which is fine for a quick hack. If you wanted to make the option a bit more robust, you could have malmutate do a modest amount of damage instead, sort of like a smite which still requires LOS targetting, dealing about 15-20 damage. Another option would be to make all mutations temporary; possibly with a decently long timer so they aren't as quick to work off as the current temporary mutations, but they still go away eventually.

The more games of crawl I play the less I like the mutation system.

Swamp Slogger

Post Friday, 9th March 2018, 01:02

tasonir wrote:The more games of crawl I play the less I like the mutation system.

Crawl has many factors that are RNG -- items, monsters, etc. These are usually somewhat predictable, and somewhat controllable. Mutations are just pure RNG, and even "good" ones can screw with you (I'm guessing those horns are still irritating you :D).

Personally, this is just me, but I'd love to have mutations be selectable. Mutations are extremely rare, but they function like scrolls of acquirement. You get to pick which category you'd like (so you don't have to worry about getting horns when you just wanted a body-slot). Pre-existing mutations have a much higher chance of being enhanced.

Random mutations would become the realm of Jubble Jive and Demonspawns, which I think is a fine gimmick for them. The rest should work off of this selection system. A fork like this might be a good way to test that.

Thoughts?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 9th March 2018, 02:07

If there was a strict limit on them I could see that, but being able to pick even just 1 or 2 mutations that you want is really, really strong.

My character lost horns, but it picked up teleportitis. In good news I do at least also have rMut (the mutation) so my mutations haven't been changing much anymore. If you ever wanted to see a level 40 character, here you go:

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.22-a1.10 (webtiles) character file.

Tasonir the Middleweight Champion (VSFi)           Turns: 67543, Time: 06:10:52

Health: 261/263    AC: 31    Str: 40    XL:     40   Next: 54%
Magic:  24/54      EV: 29    Int: 36    God:    Cheibriados [******]
Gold:   14133      SH: 38    Dex: 30    Spells: 12/81 levels left

rFire    + + .     SeeInvis .     - Unarmed
rCold    + . .     Gourm    .   S - +8 large shield {AC+3}
rNeg     . . .     Faith    .   J - +4 moon troll leather armour {Spirit, Regen++ MP+5}
rPois    .         Spirit   +   P - +2 helmet "Ydotoef" {rF+ Slay+3}
rElec    .         Reflect  .   w - +2 cloak {+Inv}
rCorr    .         Harm     .   a - +1 pair of gloves {Dex+3}
MR       +++++     Rnd*Tele +   M - +2 pair of boots
Stlth    +++.......             T - amulet of Vitality {Regen+ HP+15}
HPRegen  2.53/turn              s - ring of Tewoi {rF+ rC+ Stlth+}
MPRegen  0.34/turn              U - ring of Robustness {AC+8}

@: very slightly contaminated, very slow
A: fangs 3, clumsy 2, deterioration 1, mutation resistance 1, regeneration 2,
robust 1, teleportitis 1, wild magic 1, magic shield, antimagic bite, no potion
heal 3, rot immunity, insightful 1
}: 15/15 runes: barnacled, slimy, silver, golden, iron, obsidian, icy, bone,
abyssal, demonic, glowing, magical, fiery, dark, gossamer
a: Bend Time, Temporal Distortion, Slouch, Step From Time, Renounce Religion,
Evoke Invisibility

You are on level 3 of the Depths.
You worship Cheibriados.
Cheibriados is exalted by your worship.
You are hungry.

You have visited 18 branches of the dungeon, and seen 89 of its levels.
You have visited Pandemonium 1 time, and seen 18 of its levels.
You have visited the Abyss 3 times.
You have visited 3 bazaars.
You have visited 1 ziggurat, and seen 14 of its levels.
You have also visited: Ice Cave and Wizlab.

You have collected 20346 gold pieces.
You have spent 6213 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Missiles
 D - 35 steel javelins (quivered)
Armour
 a - a +1 pair of gloves of dexterity (worn)
 o - a +1 large shield of positive energy
 w - a +2 cloak of invisibility (worn)
 B - the +8 orange crystal plate armour {Archmagi, Int+3 Clar}
   (You found it on level 10 of a ziggurat)   

It protects you against confusion.
 J - the +4 moon troll leather armour (worn) {Spirit, Regen++ MP+5}
   (You took it off a merfolk impaler on level 4 of the Shoals)   

It affects your magic capacity (+5).
   It increases your rate of regeneration.
 M - a +2 pair of boots (worn)
 P - the +2 helmet "Ydotoef" (worn) {rF+ Slay+3}
   (You found it on level 12 of a ziggurat)   

(+3).
 S - a +8 large shield of protection (worn)
Magical Staves
 E - an uncursed staff of fire
 G - an uncursed staff of earth
 L - an uncursed staff of summoning
Jewellery
 f - the ring of Foewne {rC+ Int+3 Dex+3}
   (You found it on level 11 of the Dungeon)   

[ring of intelligence]

It affects your dexterity (+3).
 s - the ring of Tewoi (left hand) {rF+ rC+ Stlth+}
   (You found it on level 3 of the Crypt)   

[ring of protection from fire]

v - the ring "Giteskat" {Int+5 Dex+5}
   (You found it on level 8 of a ziggurat)   

[ring of dexterity]

It affects your intelligence (+5).
   It affects your dexterity (+5).
 z - the ring of Ycwudghu {rF+ rC+ Stlth+}
   (You found it on level 3 of the Tomb of the Ancients)   

[ring of stealth]

A - an uncursed ring of wizardry
 F - a +5 ring of evasion
 H - the ring of Igumius {rElec rN+ SInv}
   (You found it on level 3 of the Crypt)   

[ring of positive energy]

It insulates you from electricity.
   It lets you see invisible.
 I - an uncursed ring of protection from fire
 R - the ring of Tyijipt {rN+++ Str+7 Dex+2 Stlth-}
   (You found it in Pandemonium)   

[ring of dexterity]

It affects your strength (+7).
   It affects your dexterity (+2).
   It renders you almost immune to negative energy.
   It makes you less stealthy.
 T - the amulet of Vitality (around neck) {Regen+ HP+15}
   (You found it on level 5 of the Vaults)   

[amulet of regeneration]

It affects your health (+15).
   It increases your rate of regeneration.
 U - the ring of Robustness (right hand) {AC+8}
   (You found it on level 5 of the Pits of Slime)   

[ring of protection]

It affects your AC (+8).
 V - the ring of Vehumet's Supremacy {+Fly rPois MR+ MP+9 Int+4}
   (You bought it in a shop in a bazaar)   

[ring of magical power]

It affects your intelligence (+4).
   It protects you from poison.
   It affects your magic capacity (+9).
   It lets you fly.
 Y - an uncursed ring of resist corrosion
Wands
 O - a wand of digging (133)
Scrolls
 b - a scroll of summoning
 k - 12 scrolls of magic mapping
 l - 42 scrolls of remove curse
 t - 26 scrolls of teleportation
 x - 16 scrolls of identify
 y - 8 scrolls of blinking
 C - 12 scrolls of fog
 W - 7 scrolls of silence
 X - 12 scrolls of enchant armour
 Z - 8 scrolls of fear
Potions
 c - 7 potions of might
 e - 4 potions of flight
 g - 4 potions of magic
 i - 27 potions of curing
 j - 16 potions of brilliance
 n - 4 potions of mutation
 p - 11 potions of cancellation
 r - 4 potions of invisibility
 u - 2 potions of ambrosia
 K - 11 potions of agility
 N - 6 potions of resistance
Miscellaneous
 h - a figurine of a ziggurat
 q - a crystal ball of energy
 Q - 8 phantom mirrors
Comestibles
 d - 107 rations

Skills:
 - Level 22.0 Fighting
 - Level 5.2 Armour
 - Level 15.0 Dodging
 - Level 25.0 Shields
 - Level 27.3 Unarmed Combat
 + Level 21.3 Spellcasting
 + Level 24.5 Conjurations
 - Level 4.9 Charms
 - Level 6.0 Summonings
 - Level 6.9 Necromancy
 - Level 19.0 Translocations
 - Level 13.0 Transmutations
 + Level 24.2 Fire Magic
 - Level 13.0 Earth Magic
 - Level 14.5 Invocations

You have 12 spell levels left.
You know the following spells:

a - Statue Form           Tmut/Erth      ########.... 1%          6    None
b - Regeneration          Chrm/Necr      #######..... 1%          3    None
c - Lesser Beckoning      Tloc           ########.... 1%          3    None
d - Fire Storm            Conj/Fire      ########.... 7%          9    #####..
e - Controlled Blink      Tloc           ########.... 3%          8    ###....
f - Aura of Abjuration    Summ           #######..... 3%          5    None
g - Animate Dead          Necr           #######..... 1%          4    None
h - Deflect Missiles      Chrm/Air       ######...... 47%         6    None
i - Iron Shot             Conj/Erth      ########.... 1%          6    None
j - Tornado               Air            #####....... 100%        9    #####..
k - Blink                 Tloc           ########.... 1%          2    None
l - Necromutation         Tmut/Necr      #######..... 71%         8    ###....

At level 40 it's no longer the case that vine stalkers have below average health, so that's nice. Even so I don't have maxed rN (without giving up other resistances) and one nasty zigg floor did nearly kill me after about 10 or so torments brought me very low. I escaped fairly safely since I have controlled blink, but I didn't want to stay and fight.

On top of being a fully physically skilled warrior type, I took most of extended's exp and dumped it into getting firestorm online since I wanted to do a full zigg (before I ended up bailing on it). I also wanted to get tornado...should probably do Revivification and Necromutation....etc etc. I could have stayed in the Zigg if I had learned Revivification instead of firestorm. Ah well. I have the figure from tomb, so I'll probably try again, but we'll see. I also kind of want to go Makhleb if I'm going to do a lot of Ziggs, but casting without the +15 int will be a lot worse.

Still I probably shouldn't complain about the power level of a level 40 Vine Stalker.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 9th March 2018, 04:26

Currently the extra numbers options shows amount of damage done to you last round by the last monster, and amount total, in the right side. But it's only working for non-web version at the moment, until I get it showing up properly in the web.

As far as mutations go, I had greatly expanded it in the circus animals fork, and I thought it was a lot of fun and quite interesting. But I can understand the desire to have a disabling function, and it probably wouldn't be too hard. I'll eventually port those mutations over to this version. In my version, in general it was easier to keep hold of good mutations and get rid of bad ones, if you knew what you were doing. But if you want an option to remove mutations entirely, you should make an issue on github for it.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Friday, 9th March 2018, 04:39

BTW, I don't know if you moved it over from dcss-ca or plan to, but I made a better version of your 'Inner Fire smite targets' change, which checks MR, has a correct looking targetter, etc. You might be interested:

https://github.com/Floodkiller/crawl/pu ... e9f6fbc249

For this message the author Patashu has received thanks:
jeremygurr
Next

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner