My favorite silly crawl thing

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 22nd January 2018, 08:07

My favorite silly crawl thing

I find it hilarious to wait until an orb spider sends an orb at you, then use lesser beckoning to pull him in front of his own orb so he blows himself up, so satisfying.

What's your favorite silly crawl thing to do?
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks: 5
Airwolf, Leszczynek, nago, Shtopit, Turukano

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 22nd January 2018, 09:53

Re: My favorite silly crawl thing

That spell has a use?!
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

For this message the author Shtopit has received thanks: 2
duvessa, VeryAngryFelid

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Monday, 22nd January 2018, 10:47

Well for chei char is very useful.

My favorite thing is to put invisible things between me and other monsters and let the latter do the kill - possibly by some of the same band for max satisfaction.

Actually, probably the thing I prefer most is to enslave duvessa or dowan and let one twin kill the other, but I guess this is a tad sadistic interaction to enjoy.
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 22nd January 2018, 14:27

Not really a game mechanic and know it makes no difference, but I get a great sense of satisfaction after a fight to eat the corpses of powerful creatures in preference to weaker ones. I also prefer butchering and eating the corpses of uniques and annoying tricky creatures like the various spellcasting merfolk.

Also one time I blinked into the path of my own spellforged servitor's Orb of Destruction.

Zot Zealot

Post Monday, 22nd January 2018, 15:44

Siegurt wrote:[...] wait until an orb spider sends an orb at you, then use lesser beckoning to pull him in front of his own orb so he blows himself up [...]

Xom howls with laughter!

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 22nd January 2018, 16:17

using fog and chokepoints to make random blinks semi-controlled
wand of enslavement in spider/against bees
wand of scattershot ohko vs hydra
drowning enemies with mephitic cloud

For this message the author amaril has received thanks:
nago

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 22nd January 2018, 20:34

Using temporal distortion to break up merged slime creatures is pretty fun. Bonus points if you're in a hallway with all the slime creatures on one side (so they all stack into one) and after the TD some of them end up on the other side of you, so they can only remerge with half the slimes. But it's more common to find slimes in the open and you don't lure much with Chei.

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 22nd January 2018, 21:06

nago wrote:Actually, probably the thing I prefer most is to enslave duvessa or dowan and let one twin kill the other, but I guess this is a tad sadistic interaction to enjoy.

then you pacify the one who survives

For this message the author CanOfWorms has received thanks:
nago

Lair Larrikin

Post Monday, 22nd January 2018, 23:12

drowning orcs with wand of confusion in that one bailey never gets old

For this message the author despairbutalsodespair has received thanks:
nago

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 22nd January 2018, 23:19

Shtopit wrote:That spell has a use?!
No, it's not really a good idea because doing this makes you lose the xp and piety for killing the orb spider.

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 22nd January 2018, 23:37

My favourite silly thing in DCSS is how incredibly effective are deep elven master archers at killing themselves while trying to hit me through a shield + reflection.

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 22nd January 2018, 23:43

I don't know if it counts as 'silly', but I really like finding cloaks. I don't know why, but finding one makes the character feel more 'complete'. Probably because the player tile looks a lot better with a cape.
16/26 on the way to GreaterOctopode (Win all backgrounds as an Octopode)

Progress so far : OpFi, OpGl, OpWn, OpAr, OpCK, OpMo, OpBe, OpHu, OpVM, OpAM, OpWr, OpFE, OpEE, OpNe, OpTm, OpSk

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 23rd January 2018, 00:24

duvessa wrote:
Shtopit wrote:That spell has a use?!
No, it's not really a good idea because doing this makes you lose the xp and piety for killing the orb spider.

Non XP-losing (but not as silly) uses for lesser beckoning include: sucking things into a conjure flame square, or breaking packs apart and bringing a single member upstairs with you. Not really important uses, but it's a cheap spell and it's not impossible that you'll already have the XP invested.

Also a dead orb spider is no longer annoying me, so I call that a win :)
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 23rd January 2018, 00:25

Vajrapani wrote:I don't know if it counts as 'silly', but I really like finding cloaks. I don't know why, but finding one makes the character feel more 'complete'. Probably because the player tile looks a lot better with a cape.

One of the reasons I almost never want to use scarves is the lack of style.

Snake Sneak

Post Wednesday, 24th January 2018, 04:02

A few nights ago I tried the combination of Sticky Flame, then Force Lance, then conjure flame and/or a polearm jab or a blasty spell to the face.

Maybe only silly in that it is a lot of key presses and MP spend to achieve “Dead monster”, but it is very emotionally satisfying. :-). My DgCj says to go try it.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 26th January 2018, 00:31

FR: Give warpers conjure flame in their starting spellbook. I really want to pull things into flame clouds with lesser beckoning now.

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Friday, 26th January 2018, 11:19

nvm.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner