Cool new god of giving you a weapon

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Wednesday, 20th December 2017, 01:20

Cool new god of giving you a weapon

Pakellas, god of the rod
Some crazy fuckin inventor god who uninvented itself but then reinvented itself. Followers are called to wield Pakellas's mighty rod, which Pakellas imbues with cool effects and stuff.

On joining, Pakellas welds a rod onto your hands. You can't unequip it at all ever unless you abandon Pakellas but you can still put gloves and rings on somehow. The rod is always two-handed, uses your highest weapon skill to calculate damage and delay, and does not have any special weapon properties (no riposte/reach/cleave).

Dislikes: inactivity
Wrath: don't care

Your rod is tiny: +2 enchantment and acc/basedam/delay equivalent to a falchion.

Your rod is little: +4 enchantment and acc/basedam/delay equivalent to a trident.
Passive: Pakellas will occasionally imbue your rod with a random spell^, which sticks around until the next one gets imbued.
Charge Rod:Activates your rod to fire off the spell stored inside the next couple times you hit something. Spellpower depends on invocations I guess? Costs 4 mp, 2 piety.

Your rod is small: +6 enchantment and acc/basedam/delay equivalent to a scimitar.

Your rod is medium: + 8 enchantment and acc/basedam/delay equivalent to a morningstar.

Your rod is large: +10 enchantment and acc/basedam/delay equivalent to a glaive.
Passive: your rod gets really weird and randomly applies one of the flaming/freezing/vorpal/venom/elec/draining/protection brands on hit

Your rod is big: +12 enchantment and acc/basedam/delay equivalent to a great mace.
Supercharge:Your rod gets souped up to deal a big fat fuckload of damage, gaining cleave, riposte, reaching (I guess?), dagger tier stabbing, and a base damage multiplier that scales with invocations (2.0x basedam at max invo). Also charges your rod as per the first ability. Costs 8 mp, 6 piety.

Your rod is huge: +14 enchantment and acc/basedam/delay equivalent to a giant spiked club.

^The spell list depends on piety level. Early on you get garbage like sting and flame tongue but then you can get some cool normally not a spell effects like cloud cone and scattershot later. I will leave it up to you guys to make the whole list.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 20th December 2017, 05:37

Re: Cool new god of giving you a weapon

*presses aXYY*

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 20th December 2017, 07:01

That looks like a god for species with great Short Blades aptitude and bad other aptitudes i.e. Kobold. All other species will either use their normal weapon (Merfolk with its +4 Polearms) or Okawaru (Mummy with its -2 in every weapon).
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Wednesday, 20th December 2017, 09:39

I can't understand if this post was written just for the penis allusion or not.
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

For this message the author nago has received thanks: 2
Stairdancer, VeryAngryFelid

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 20th December 2017, 14:16

What penis allusion?

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 20th December 2017, 16:40

Even monks from hell keep some amount of chastity when they make a satirical improvement suggestion. And for the love of god, this is not the worst new god proposal I've seen even though it's been made tongue tightly in cheek.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 20th December 2017, 17:33

Needs a "work the shaft" ability.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 20th December 2017, 23:56

Fails to work with unarmed, hard pass.

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 21st December 2017, 01:19

> Charge Rod:Activates your rod to fire off the spell stored inside the next couple times you hit something. Spellpower depends on invocations I guess? Costs 4 mp, 2 piety.

After firing it off, you are Exhausted and cannot charge it again for a few hours. Also, you have to apologise to the monster for only being able to hit it a couple of times before firing off.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 2nd January 2018, 21:11

Blobbo wrote:> Charge Rod:Activates your rod to fire off the spell stored inside the next couple times you hit something. Spellpower depends on invocations I guess? Costs 4 mp, 2 piety.

After firing it off, you are Exhausted and cannot charge it again for a few hours. Also, you have to apologise to the monster for only being able to hit it a couple of times before firing off.

As you collect more runes, the amount of time between activations increases. Adds a second apology line "I'm sorry I'm not a spry as I used to be."

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner