The Royal Jelly (TRJ) v. Abjuration?

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 3rd May 2017, 10:17

The Royal Jelly (TRJ) v. Abjuration?

Does Aura of Abjuration have any effect on minions spawned by damaging The Royal Jelly (TRJ)?

I don't see it mentioned at all in the relevant wiki.

Not sure if TRJ's summons are treated like others (they're "spawned" as an ability according to the description), or what the effect of "durable" summons is against abjuration chances. I haven't gotten to using the Aura much outside of Zot/occasional extended.

I also only have 40/200 spellpower in Aura, and plenty of other things I might want to do with the MP pool. If that sways it all.

Cheers.
Online game stats & morgues
More runes! GnWn (11, 0.21), GhMo^Makh (15, 0.17)
And a Yiuf: (1.4.6, 0.20): ImpGl^Oka (3)

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Wednesday, 3rd May 2017, 12:38

Re: The Royal Jelly (TRJ) v. Abjuration?

Those jellies are not summons at all, I wonder where you got that idea from.

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 3rd May 2017, 12:39

The spawned jellies are not summons, so I'm pretty sure AoA would have no effect.

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 3rd May 2017, 13:37

stoneychips wrote:Does Aura of Abjuration have any effect on minions spawned by damaging The Royal Jelly (TRJ)?

I don't see it mentioned at all in the relevant wiki.

Not sure if TRJ's summons are treated like others (they're "spawned" as an ability according to the description), or what the effect of "durable" summons is against abjuration chances. I haven't gotten to using the Aura much outside of Zot/occasional extended.

I also only have 40/200 spellpower in Aura, and plenty of other things I might want to do with the MP pool. If that sways it all.

Cheers.

No effect.

If you want do do something with the baby jellies gells gravitas + immolation is one of the silliest ways to kill TRJ.

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 3rd May 2017, 13:56

Magipi wrote:Those jellies are not summons at all, I wonder where you got that idea from.

Probably because they have the same little dot by them as summoned creatures in tiles? Or else I need more magnification, but it wouldn't be the first time if so.

NhorianScum wrote:If you want do do something with the baby jellies gells gravitas + immolation is one of the silliest ways to kill TRJ.

Yeah, immolation is about my favorite/"easiest" way to get TRJ most of the time. It's about all I have going for me on this character, too.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 3rd May 2017, 16:54

The most fun I had killing TRJ was Qaz cataclysm after luring it back into the central altar chamber. Not only did it kill him, it killed most of the spawns, too!
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 4th May 2017, 03:59

stoneychips wrote:
Magipi wrote:Those jellies are not summons at all, I wonder where you got that idea from.

Probably because they have the same little dot by them as summoned creatures in tiles? Or else I need more magnification, but it wouldn't be the first time if so.

they don't have the summon dot

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 4th May 2017, 04:27

They're worth 0 experience and produce "unrewarding" messages when killed, which is probably where the confusion came from.

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 4th May 2017, 08:18

Fine. It shouldn't be hard to see how as spawns, if you will, of TRJ they could easily be presumed to be similar to summons.

A bit of much ado about nothing, isn't it... Technically correct though you are.

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice