Time for the biennial tasonir edits the wiki thread

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 11th April 2017, 20:08

Time for the biennial tasonir edits the wiki thread

So I've done or two of these before, but figured we're overdue for another one. I have an account on the wiki and am willing to update anything that's wrong. Since half the work is finding out what is actually wrong in the first place (not that there's a shortage), I like to outsource that to you fine folks.

Post something that's wrong and link to the page, and I'll go in and edit it. If you want to provide the correct wording I appreciate it, but if you want me to write up the information I can do that too. One caveat, I'm primarily focusing on factually wrong/missing information, and less so on updating entire character guides. If you happen to think anything is horribly wrong in my own guide, let me know and we'll sort that right out! [I happen to think the thing that is the most wrong with the guide is it should really just be generalized to melee chei characters, without any focus on nagas, but that's a scope issue :)]

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks: 2
n1000, Turukano

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 11th April 2017, 21:24

Re: Time for the biennial tasonir edits the wiki thread

Something to be added: ghostly monsters are undead. It may sound silly, but I looked for this information for a long time. It should be in the lost soul page, or in a "ghostly creature" page.

Jellies aren't updated, so they still are supposed to eat stuff.

The Jewellery page has amulets of dismissal.

edit: links once I am at a PC
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 11th April 2017, 21:52

I think there is a lot missing for Hepliaklqana.
http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Hepliaklqana

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 11th April 2017, 22:30

Plantissue wrote:I think there is a lot missing for Hepliaklqana.
http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Hepliaklqana

I have added a line to it about how you get frail 1 when you worship, but aside from that I'm not really sure what's wrong - I have only tried hep a few times, and haven't won a hep character. In the big picture, it seems to be pushing hexer ancestors pretty heavily - is that still accurate? How is the balance between the three main ally types?

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 11th April 2017, 22:39

The acid/corrosion page is extremely wrong. Probably best to just scrap the whole article and replace it with the learndb entry, which could also be a little wrong but is at least far better.

May cause you to receive a level of the debuff "Corr". When something attempts to corrode you, it has a Corr_level/(Corr_level+9) chance to fail. Each level of Corr reduces your AC by 4 and gives -4 slaying. Goes away after enough time has passed. Corr(-4) means -4 slaying/-4 AC. Monsters get a non-stacking -8 ac, and have a 1/3 chance to be corroded when splashed.
The damage from "The acid burns!" (for players only) is 4 dice. Previously it was one die for every uncovered non-shield armour slot (50% chance if wearing a cloak), reduced by 20/40/60% for each level of the fur mutation, plus an extra 2 dice (regardless of fur/cloak). Dice are d5 for ranged acid, d3 for melee. Monsters take 2d4 from acidic melee (no extra from ranged).

LRD, Disintegrate, and wand of random effects, are probably all incorrect, since wall-destroying seems to have been reined in over time - also, LRD is a "0.16 article" http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Category:0.16_articles those might all need to be looked at.
Yiufcrawl, a dcss fork with extra species
Pu, LO, HE, SE, "MD", Im, ST, BK, viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23209

For this message the author shping has received thanks:
tasonir

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 11th April 2017, 23:57

Your link went to the list of .14 articles, which is probably a great page for me to look at all of those articles on, but I think you meant this page: http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Acid . I've updated it and I think it's mostly correct, but maybe we should remove some of the detailed things like the damage dice from monsters, which is probably wrong? I think I'm correct in that rCorr now gives 50% damage resistance to acid and that it can't be stacked, but if anyone wants to confirm that/double check the page, I'd appreciate it. The old version of the page, if curious, was this: http://crawl.chaosforge.org/index.php?t ... ldid=41455

As for wall destroying, I don't know what the changes have been? I know it's still possible to destroy rock, and green crystal is always destroyed. Did stone/metal become harder to destroy? I believe it's still possible, but if I missed a change, let me know. The hardest part of updating the wiki is being technically accurate about everything in the game, which I certainly am not :)

Additionally: is there is any difference between rAcid/rCorr now? Should it all just be updated to say rCorr? ie, yellow draconians/yellow scales 3 gives rCorr, and not rAcid?

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 12th April 2017, 13:34

Haha hey how about that to-hit page am I right folks

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 12th April 2017, 17:14

The http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Wu_Jian page has language for the abilities describing the rationale for designing them the way they are, unlike for any other god. Still under development though so who knows where they'll end up.
Won with: KeAE^Sif, NaWz^Sif, NaTm^Chei, SpEn^Nmlx, GrEE^Qaz, HOFE^Veh, MiBe^Trog, DrFE^Hep, FoFi^Zin, CeHu^Oka, DjFE^Ash, DrIE^Ru, FeSu^Jiy, GnCA^Usk.
In Progress:
Long-term goal: complete the pantheon.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 12th April 2017, 23:07

ZipZipskins wrote:Haha hey how about that to-hit page am I right folks

Wow, that's an old one. I'll definitely edit it, I know the obvious part is removing all strength weighting. But is anything else wrong? What should be listed as the "base value"? Dex + weapon accuracy? Can anyone code dive for this, or should I try to find it?

Edit: I have updated to hit - let me know if anything on it is still wrong. http://crawl.chaosforge.org/To_hit

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 14th April 2017, 00:30

For the Wu Jian one, I'll probably wait for the actual release to edit it. It's a pretty good page even if some of the why behind the abilities is unnecessary.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 14th April 2017, 01:14

tasonir wrote:Edit: I have updated to hit - let me know if anything on it is still wrong. http://crawl.chaosforge.org/To_hit
Serious question: how do you write these? You obviously didn't consult the code because the article you've written is both incomplete, and wrong even where it is complete, but I also don't see how you could have gotten this from consulting the learndb entry.

Currently, to calculate player accuracy for both 0.19 and 0.20:
Start with 15
Add floor(dexterity/2)
Add random2(fighting*100+100)/100
If in wisp, fungus, pig, or non-vampire bat form, add random2(XL*100+100)/100
If not in one of the above forms, add random2(weaponskill*100+100)/100 (unarmed is a weapon skill)
If unarmed and not in one of the above forms, add 2. Add an additional 2 if you also have claws.
Add the weapon's enchantment.
Add the weapon's base accuracy.
Add all slaying.
Subtract 3 if starving, bloodless, or fainting. Yes, even as a ghoul.
Subtract armour to-hit penalty and shield to-hit penalty. I will trust you to figure these out yourselves as they are pretty simple.
Subtract 5 if under vertigo.
If you have the eyeballs mutation, add 2*[eyeballs level]+1.
Now set the result to random2(result).
Now subtract 5 if wearing inaccuracy.
Subtract 5 if missing an eye.
Subtract 5 if confused.
Subtract 6 if you cannot see the target.
Add 2+random2(8) (or 1+1d8) if you can see the target and it is backlit (corona, sticky flame, halo without umbra). Note that a haloed and umbraed monster is not considered backlit, but an umbraed and coronaed/sticky flamed monster is.
Subtract 2+random2(4) (or 1+1d4) if you can see the target and it is in an umbra and you do not have night vision.
If it is a melee attack and you are unarmed with confusing touch active, add random2(dexterity).
If it is a melee attack and you are unarmed and transformed, add random2(unarmed_hit_bonus) (you have these enumerated on the page already).
If it is a ranged attack made with portal projectile, add random2([Portal Projectile spell power when you last cast it]).
If it is a ranged attack and the defender has RMsl or DMsl, set the result to random2(result/[2 if deflect missiles, 1 if repel missiles]).

The result is your "to-hit". If this exceeds the monster's EV, that does not mean you will hit. See test_hit.

edit: i accidentally confusing touch
Last edited by duvessa on Friday, 14th April 2017, 19:25, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 13
Amnesiac, Brannock, Floodkiller, nago, njvack, PleasingFungus, pratamawirya, Rast, rigrig, ZipZipskins and 3 more users

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 14th April 2017, 01:26

I guess it says something about where my expectations are right now that I didn't find the above particularly ridiculous.

Except for the bolded part in the middle.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 14th April 2017, 02:37

duvessa wrote:Serious question: how do you write these? You obviously didn't consult the code because the article you've written is both incomplete, and wrong even where it is complete, but I also don't see how you could have gotten this from consulting the learndb entry.

I didn't write 98% of what's on the page - I just removed the part about strength weights and included a vague statement about how dexterity helps. So if your complaint is about any section other than "base value", i didn't change it.

Maybe I'm being too lazy, but the point of the thread is to ask people what needs to be changed, and then I'm just providing the wiki account/making the changes. I'm no where near as familiar with the code/calculations as you are, hence I'm asking people to provide that knowledge which I then pass through. I generally don't consult the code, although I suppose I could try to download it again. I'll update the page with the formula you described now that I know it :)

duvessa, n1000

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 14th April 2017, 13:49

duvessa wrote:a fuckton of code garbage

hahahaha hahahaha haha hahahahahaha holy shit I was hoping for some crawl code comedy gold like this when I posted about the to hit page, thank you

For this message the author ZipZipskins has received thanks: 2
Blobbo, nago

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 14th April 2017, 15:10

duvessa wrote:If it is a melee attack and you are unarmed, add random2(dexterity).

tarsonir presents this bonus as limited to Confusing Touch; is it?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 14th April 2017, 19:26

oops, typo. Fixed.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 14th April 2017, 19:57

luckless wrote:
duvessa wrote:If it is a melee attack and you are unarmed, add random2(dexterity).

tarsonir presents this bonus as limited to Confusing Touch; is it?

tarsonirthe wiki presents this bonus as limited to Confusing Touch; is it?

Good question, I'm not sure :)

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks:
luckless

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 14th April 2017, 20:23

duvessa wrote:Currently, to calculate player accuracy for both 0.19 and 0.20:

Why

For this message the author Floodkiller has received thanks: 3
bananaken, PleasingFungus, tasonir

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 14th April 2017, 22:11

So things that are left out of duvessa's algorithm: what if the player is invis and doesn't have see invis? I believe this is a -5 penalty? Also, penalties for shallow water. And for completeness, what about penalities for deep water? Yes, it is possible to fight in deep water and not be swimming nor drowning. Ahhh crawl, you beautiful thing.

Spoiler: show
Be a statue form octopode/merfolk/that new +LOS race thing - you "sink to the bottom" and suffer huge penalties, but can't drown.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 14th April 2017, 22:21

None of those things affect accuracy.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
shping

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 14th April 2017, 22:30

Page updated, handy link: http://crawl.chaosforge.org/To_hit

Hopefully I haven't screwed it up too much ;)

shping

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Saturday, 15th April 2017, 18:15

My impression is that the wiki is in a terrible shape. Almost no articles are fresher than 0.17, and quite a few are really old, 0.14 or older. Probably nobody updates any more (except Tasonir :D )

Lair Larrikin

Post Sunday, 16th April 2017, 12:11

The pages about magical staves are out of date:

Links:

For this message the author Ge0ff has received thanks:
tasonir

Barkeep

Post Monday, 17th April 2017, 02:23

duvessa wrote:Currently, to calculate player accuracy for both 0.19 and 0.20:

you are the wind beneath my wings
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 17th April 2017, 21:23

Magipi wrote:My impression is that the wiki is in a terrible shape. Almost no articles are fresher than 0.17, and quite a few are really old, 0.14 or older. Probably nobody updates any more (except Tasonir :D )

This is generally true, but regardless I find the wiki quite helpful. I think the best thing to ever happen to it was the version templating. It has always had out of date information, but now it's clearly labeled as .17, and you can adjust your expectations appropriately. And a lot of the pages don't really change very much in each version, so even if something is a few versions out of date, it's possible that entire page is still accurate.

As for if other people are still editing it, here's the recent changes page: http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Special:RecentChanges. Mattlistener, pinkbeast, bwijn all seem pretty active, and there's others with one or two edits this week. I assume I'm probably just more visible on the tavern than they are.

mattlistener, Rast

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 17th April 2017, 21:49

Thanks Ge0ff: all of those staves pages should be correct now. I want to still update staff of power, so just to confirm, it's a flat +15 mana and there is no longer any step down on mana over 50, correct? I'll update that now, I'm pretty sure the stepdown is gone but less sure if staff of power is 15 or 13 or 17 mana...I don't often use them.

Ge0ff

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 17th April 2017, 21:50

The version templating isn't very helpful when correctness isn't enforced. Someone updated the to-hit article and gave it the "up to date for 0.19" template even though it wasn't correct for 0.19 (or any other version for that matter). It's basically an indicator of what Crawl version was stable at the time the article was last edited, which isn't useless, but does very little to curb the amount of misinformation on the wiki. I suspect the majority of pages with the 0.19 template are incorrect for 0.19.

nago

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 17th April 2017, 23:12

Learndb is nearly as out-of-date. Fixes there welcome, too (in IRC).

For this message the author neil has received thanks: 3
duvessa, Gigaslurp, nago

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 18th April 2017, 00:13

tasonir wrote:I want to still update staff of power, so just to confirm, it's a flat +15 mana and there is no longer any step down on mana over 50, correct?

Yes, staff of power gives +15 max MP without any step down since 0.17:

For this message the author Ge0ff has received thanks:
tasonir

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 18th April 2017, 22:35

Is the invocations * .6, spellcasting * 1, and evocations * .5 still true? This is the first time I ever heard of the different multipliers (1, .6 and .5) although I did know it only takes the highest bonus of the three. Does that mean that someone with spellcasting 10 and evocations 15 is actually getting their bonus mana from spellcasting, and raising evocations won't raise their mana until they get past level 20?

Seems the wiki currently explains that invocations and evocations are both .5, which is close but slightly different from the commit message where invocations is .6 mana.

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 18th April 2017, 22:36

http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Magical_staff
  • Staff of energy: remove the comparison with the pre-0.19 Sif's channeling ability ("Although this restores less MP per use than Sif Muna's channeling ability...")

http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Staff_of_air

http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Staff_of_poison
  • No changes since 0.18, so the Version can be bumped to 0.19.

http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Staff_of_conjuration

http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Staff_of_wizardry

http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Staff_of_energy
  • add a link to Wucad Mu, since cboe is mentioned already;
  • bump the version

http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Staff_of_power

http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Ring
  • add Ring of sustain attributes into the Obsolete Rings list (removed in 0.19);
  • bump the version

http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Ring_of_ice

http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Ring_of_fire

http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Staff_of_death
  • new description text;
  • It might be worth mentioning that since 0.19 this staff can deal additional damage to those with rN+ and rN++, only rN+++ grants full imunity:
    "A single level of rN no longer grants immunity to various effects...
    Pain brand, staff of death... all now scale in the same way against rN, and only rN+++ grants full immunity."(commit);
  • Enhancer staves (fire, cold, air, earth and death) use the same formula to calculate the chance of dealing extra damage (learndb, code). So the Staff of death should have "Chance to Activate on a Hit: (Evocations+Necromancy/2)×6.66% per hit" instead of the current two-step formula.
  • Also those five staves use the same formula to calculate the extra damage, so this staff should have "Negative Energy Damage: 0 to 1.25×(Evocations/2+Necromancy)".
  • bump the version

For this message the author Ge0ff has received thanks: 2
quik, tasonir

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 19th April 2017, 14:03

tasonir wrote:I have added a line to it about how you get frail 1 when you worship, but aside from that I'm not really sure what's wrong - I have only tried hep a few times, and haven't won a hep character. In the big picture, it seems to be pushing hexer ancestors pretty heavily - is that still accurate? How is the balance between the three main ally types?

Just personal opinion, but I've found the battlemage relatively underwhelming, but both the hexer and the knight effective. The hexer has a terrible glass jaw (as does the battlemage) but really messes stuff up, especially if you are a stabber. The knight is significantly more robust and does chew through monsters at a respectable rate. I would incline towards the hexer if you are fast or otherwise find it easy to reset fights - if the ancestor cops it early, you can run away and wait for it to respawn. The knight is more attractive if you might otherwise find yourself fighting to the bitter end - a Transference and possible Idealise makes for an effective speedbump for pursuers but of course the ancestor has to be alive to do that.

PS: I'm glad you're doing this. I update stuff when I notice it's Wrong but not in a particularly organised fashion.
Ascension reports with too many words since 2016.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 19th April 2017, 14:34

I had a really good experience with the battlemage in my DsCj victory. I think battlemage is good when you're a blaster yourself. This way both can fire at range and neither is getting in the way.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 19th April 2017, 16:23

tasonir wrote:Is the invocations * .6, spellcasting * 1, and evocations * .5 still true?

No, this formula was introduced in the commit that also removed the mp cap (a step down on mana over 50). But just two days later it was changed: Make the MP boost for Invocations the same as for Evocations (50% skill). And then there was another 0.17 commit: throw a bit of a curve into the flat mp formula.
Since 0.17 there were no other changes to the mp formula and here's how it looks in 0.19: get_real_mp().

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 19th April 2017, 17:06

Not so major, but I'm not certain how recently the player ghost page has been covered.

The last notation for things actually changing on the page was in 0.17

For example, I was wondering if ghosts might be able to cast Ignition (no idea if they can or not though).
Online game stats & morgues
More runes! GnWn (11, 0.21), GhMo^Makh (15, 0.17)
And a Yiuf: (1.4.6, 0.20): ImpGl^Oka (3)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 19th April 2017, 22:15

Finally caught up and updated all the staves/rings mentioned in Ge0ff's larger above post. Will get to the spellcasting/invo/evo mana formulas as needed; I think they may actually already be correct, but I'll confirm that. Will also go over the player ghost page and reword the hep ally section soon, promise :)

stoneychips

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 20th April 2017, 18:36

Thanks for the edits! Here's some more stuff to update.

tasonir wrote:Will get to the spellcasting/invo/evo mana formulas as needed; I think they may actually already be correct, but I'll confirm that.

The current mana formula looks up to date, but other parts of the Magic Points page can be improved:
  • "A typical character starts with 1-6 MP (e.g. 1 for a Minotaur Fighter, 5 for Deep Elf Conjurer, 6 for Deep Elf Wizard)..."
    In 0.19 MiFi starts with 0 MP, DECj with 6 MP and DEWz with 7 MP.
  • The list of Methods of MP restorations is not complete. It doesn't mention potions of ambrosia, Gozag's Potion Petition ability, Ru's Draw Out Power ability and Nemelex's Wild Magic card.
  • If a bit of humor is OK, then I suggest to add the "Inconvenient" section into that list (just for the completeness sake). The only item there should be Xom's potion effect gift.
  • Also this article mentions the pre-0.19 Sif's channelling: "The MP restoration is not fantastic... its success rate is excellent and there are no side effects!".

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 20th April 2017, 22:20

Updated the player ghost page. Removed a reference to DD ghosts not regenerating, which was still on the page despite the history section already mentioning it was removed in .17. Also removed a reference to the Dig spell, which has been gone for some time (from players, and thus also player ghosts).

Those were the only obvious outdated information I saw, so I did bump it .19, although if anyone else wants to read it over for accuracy I would appreciate it, as there's a lot there and I may have missed something.

As for stoneychip's question: Yes, player ghosts can learn ignition, they pick conjurations for the first two spells (and possibly their 3rd/4th as well), and so any player with ignition has a good chance their ghost will pick up that spell. This would make a fairly weak spell for a ghost, since it would presumably be the same as fireball, but a level 7 spell. Although I suppose if the player who encounters the ghost had a lot of summoned allies, that could be dangerous.

stoneychips

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 20th April 2017, 22:36

Question about player ghosts: they copy your ac/ev/sh when you died. Is it possible to use cig's embrace to get up to 200ish ac, then die to some ac-ignoring damage (let's say you're lethally poisoned or something), and leave behind a 200+ ac ghost?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 21st April 2017, 00:30

Updated the magic points page. Bumped up sif's channel energy to the convenient list, and did go ahead and add Xom to its own inconvenient section. I haven't personally played Sif since the change, but from the sound of it the channel energy ability is pretty strong. Is "It restores mana over several turns and provides significant amounts with strong invocations." a fair summary?

What is the random2avg function's results? I'd like to convert "4 + random2avg(2 * INVOCATIONS / 3, 2)" into a more english readable format.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 21st April 2017, 00:33

tasonir wrote:As for stoneychip's question: Yes, player ghosts can learn ignition
No they can't
tasonir wrote:they pick conjurations for the first two spells (and possibly their 3rd/4th as well)
No they don't
tasonir wrote:This would make a fairly weak spell for a ghost, since it would presumably be the same as fireball, but a level 7 spell.
Ignition is level 8 and does less damage than fireball, not the same damage

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 21st April 2017, 00:36

Why can't they learn ignition? Is there some restriction on which conjurations are available for ghosts?

How do ghosts pick their spells?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 21st April 2017, 01:31

tasonir wrote:Why can't they learn ignition?
Because Ignition isn't a monster spell. I deliberately didn't make it a monster spell because it would be a fucking terrible stupid monster spell and I'll be literally IRL angry if someone does make it a monster spell.
tasonir wrote:Is there some restriction on which conjurations are available for ghosts?
Yes: spells that aren't monster spells cannot be cast by monsters, and there are a few spells with SPFLAG_NO_GHOST, such as sticks to snakes.
tasonir wrote:How do ghosts pick their spells?
For every spell in the player's spell list, if it exists as a monster spell and doesn't have SPFLAG_NO_GHOST, the ghost has a (50-[failure percentage as an integer])^2 out of 2500 chance of getting it. For example, a spell with a 30% fail rate has a 900/2500 or 36% chance of being added to your ghost, and a spell with a 0% fail rate will always be added.
In addition, Controlled Blink will change to Blink, Delayed Fireball will change to Fireball, Dragon's Call will change to Summon Dragon, and Swiftness will change to Sprint.

Shtopit

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 21st April 2017, 04:56

http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Potion_of_mutation would be interesting to update.
Won with: KeAE^Sif, NaWz^Sif, NaTm^Chei, SpEn^Nmlx, GrEE^Qaz, HOFE^Veh, MiBe^Trog, DrFE^Hep, FoFi^Zin, CeHu^Oka, DjFE^Ash, DrIE^Ru, FeSu^Jiy, GnCA^Usk.
In Progress:
Long-term goal: complete the pantheon.

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 21st April 2017, 11:14

Since 0.17 player ghosts have different XL rank names: 1-3 weakling, 4-6 amateur, 7-10 novice, 11-15 journeyman, 16-21 adept, 22-25 veteran, 26 master, 27 legendary (Update xl rank names, Update another xl_rank_name).

tasonir wrote:What is the random2avg function's results? I'd like to convert "4 + random2avg(2 * INVOCATIONS / 3, 2)" into a more english readable format.

random2avg(x,n) literally means 'check random2(x) n times and average the results' (LearnDB, 0.19 code).
random2(x) returns a random integer from [0; x).
So "4 + random2avg(2 * INVOCATIONS / 3, 2)" can be replaced with a less precise but more readable "from 4 to 4 + 0.66 * INVOCATIONS" formula.

Also Channel Energy is a pre-0.19 ability name. In 0.19 Sif grants Channel Magic ability.

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 21st April 2017, 23:20

Elyvilon sorely needs an update, the page is from 0.16

http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Elyvilon
make food great again

Zot Zealot

Post Saturday, 22nd April 2017, 13:36

I found these mutation pages from 0.14:

http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Good_mutations
http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Bad_mutations
http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Jiyva_mutations

Btw, demonspawn mutations are up to date (0.19)

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 22nd April 2017, 21:40

In another post, duvessa wrote that vamp brand no longer always trigger for vampires, so http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Vampire needs to be updated
make food great again

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 24th April 2017, 21:55

Removed the vampire and vampiric brand connection, and also changed bloodless torment resistance from "1" to "Yes" for consistency. As far as I can tell, the rest seems accurate, but I hate vampires with a passion so if I have overlooked something, let me know.

Will do potion of mutation/sif pages soon, and I will try to get to the mutations/ely pages next. I'm not an expert on ely, so if anyone wants to lay out what has changed, it'd help. I can try to update based on what I know, but I've only ever won Ely once (under tournament rules - I switched to TSO for extended).

pedritolo

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 24th April 2017, 22:07

Updated sif/channel magic pages. Included the simpler formula for channel magic on its own page, but didn't put it on sif's page. Not sure what the most clear way to do it is, I'd rather not have double formulas on the general god page, but ah well.

Potion of mutation changes are in trunk, so I didn't update the page which is correct for .19. I could do the whole crystal ball trunk watch thing with a small note on the bottom, but I'd rather get to ely first.

Ge0ff
Next

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner