[proclick] new fork, hellcrawl

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 15th December 2016, 15:07

Re: [proclick] new fork, hellcrawl

No, Kiku mostly. Sometimes Oka, sometimes somebody else. I almost never play Ash, as I find him very weak early.

I have not won actually, I always die somewhere, but usally because I do not pay attention or use tactics.

For this message the author sanka has received thanks:
VeryAngryFelid

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 15th December 2016, 16:35

Thanks for the feedback. Temple will probably get moved deeper again in the next update, it was a change I made early on when I was just messing around with stuff and it doesn't fit the current direction of hellcrawl. I have plans to tighten exp some more as well, but that might take a little longer.

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Monday, 19th December 2016, 13:08

Stone giants are very tough in this variant. They seem to have an endless supply of large rocks and throw it at every turn. Encountering one in Orc:2 was rough.

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Monday, 19th December 2016, 14:09

1. It is impossible to train shields while not having one in inventory.
2. Probably remove vault with spriggan baker, because it has no reason to exist (since food isn't a thing).

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 21st December 2016, 19:17

Code:
E - 108 exploding tomohawks

Thank you, trog.

EDIT: Noticed that explosion damage doesn't show up properly.

Edit 2: Gold cost of ammo also seems bugged. 828 gold for 46 pieces of ammo.
I'm with tasonir on this one.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 23rd December 2016, 17:24

removal request: both wands of random effects and scrolls of random uselessness, and maybe nerf generation of those categories to compensate

my first game of hellcrawl is going pretty well, because mibe is mibe. love no food. it's so good not having to chop. holy crap.

I'm sure I'll die horribly. I'm bad at crawl.

edit: died horribly in vaults end due to distraction by co-worker

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 3rd January 2017, 03:12

Happy new year everybody. Did you make any new year's resolutions? I decided that I'd try to shed some pounds this year. To celebrate a leaner, healthier me, I decided to make hellcrawl leaner and healthier this year, too.

• Species removals to bring about a harmonious, Tolkien-free game:
    • High elves are removed. You can pretend I pasted the gammafunk commit message here and have a good laugh at that great 2016 meme.
    • Deep dwarves are removed.
    • Playable centaurs are removed.
    • Felids are removed, finally making hellcrawl a real roguelike.
  • Arcane Marksman and Venom Mage backgrounds are removed.
  • Fedhas is disabled, going off to join Pakellas in the garbage bin forever.
  • Fruit should no longer generate.
  • Gold is a little more common; it takes on the item generation weight previously allocated to fruit.
  • Rings of fire and ice lose the opposite-element weakness. Rings of protection from fire and protection from cold are removed.
  • Poison magic no longer exists:
    • Mephitic cloud replaces its poison school with hexes
    • Olgreb's toxic radiance still exists, by popular demand, as a hex spell (by "popular demand" I mean one guy asked for it, don't expect it to last)
    • Spider form becomes transmutation only.
    • Ignite poison becomes fire/tmut.
    • Alistair's intoxication becomes transmutation only.
    • All other poison spells are reserved for monster use.
    • The young poisoner's handbook is removed.
    • Staves of poison are gone. The olgreb unrand still exists and can be evoked as before.
  • Energy randomization is no more.
  • Deep elf elementalists get dig instead of their dumb weird elementals spell. They also get airstrike instead of repel missiles. They also cast more often and have more hp. Have fun!
  • Pulled through some trunk changes:
    • Removed heal wounds and teleportation wands, added wands of scattershot and clouds. Wand ranges match spell ranges, and wands scale better with evo. Disintegration doesn't dig. Wand of slowing still exists, as I have something else planned for the hex wands (eventually).
    • Rods are out (for Pakellas).
    • Sandblast requires rocks.
    • Hill giants are gone, double ogres are fiercer.
  • Temple has returned to its normal depth (D:4-D:7).
  • Wucad mu's monastery is removed. Thank minqmay for that one.
  • You should no longer be prompted when trying to unwield a vampiric weapon.
  • "Fixed" a bug where you could be prevented from training a skill by dropping an associated piece of equipment.
  • Ammunition should no longer cost stupidly high amounts of gold in shops.
I have a bunch of extremely cool changes planned for the rest of this year. Among them: further wand reform, removal of id/curses (outsourced to somebody else atm), displaying numbers for some more stuff, reworking the frankly absurd number of base weapons into something more manageable, further spell reform efforts, finite pan, removing halflings, some potentially major changes to out-of-depth spawning, bugfixing all the crap I broke in this update, and maybe even adding a few things here and there. Update should be live shortly.

For this message the author Hellmonk has received thanks: 11
all before, bel, chequers, DracheReborn, Implojin, nago, phloomp, sanka, Shard1697, ZipZipskins and one more user

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 3rd January 2017, 04:48

STRONG release. Agree with most if not all. The extent to which this variant is better than vanilla increases yet again.

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Tuesday, 3rd January 2017, 05:08

Mostly good changes. I don't know if I care for removal of poison school, but I won't miss it too much. Blowguns/poisoned needles/venom brands still exist, right? Or are they going to be removed as well? There are too many weapon brands anyway.

Not sure how you adjusted item weights, but I suggest ring of fire getting the weight of rF+ ring. I think someone else mentioned that resists are sometimes hard to find.

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 3rd January 2017, 15:09

Is finite pan even necessary? I have two wins that did pand (half (3 runes) and all) on CBRO and Pand was actually quite fast. Mixing in a few random levels is still interesting IMO. Removing demonic rune though could be good. Although both times I found that really fast.

For the 10 rune guy I zoned into one random pan cleared it, then zoned into next and it popped me into the back part of the smiter vault which I started clearing and ran into a Fire Storm Pand Lord which I teled from and he wandered around so I ninajaed the rune and left. Wasn't that long and was an interesting "Oh shit" experience.

I suppose you could make pan finite by simply randomly injecting a limited number of random pand lord like just keep a counter that stops generating random levels after 5 or something.

Also I kind of liked the early temple.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Sunday, 8th January 2017, 22:41

Whoa there, it's been almost a week already. Time for another fresh, memetastic update.

• Curses and identification have been removed, courtesy of a certain good and cool guy:
    • Items should automatically identify. Scrolls of identify are removed.
    • Items should not generate cursed. Scrolls of remove curse are removed.
    • Ashenzari is disabled. Rest in peace, old friend. The scry ability and parts of the passive skill boost might get repurposed on a different god.
    • Scrolls of random uselessness are gone.
    • Rings of teleportation and loudness are removed.
    • As a side-effect, some item weight has been moved from consumables to gold.
  • Spells, wands, and whatever else uses beam.cc should display damage dealt.
  • Damage taken from standing in clouds is displayed.
  • You can now play as a Frogtaur! These half-amphibians are eerily similar to Barachians. They may not last long, so enjoy them before they hop away.
  • Halflings have been removed. Whisper farewell when you leave, Bilbo, etc.
  • Phantoms have been reworked. They blink close and attack for AF_WEAKNESS instead of blink self. They're also much less common now. When this rework inevitably fails, they'll get removed I guess.
  • Amulets of magic regeneration are about 3.33 times as effective at regenerating mp (increased to 50% of a point per turn from 15%).
  • Staff of energy no longer exists.
  • The electrocution brand deals 3 less damage (on average) and is probably not better than freezing/flaming on slow weapons anymore.
  • Ego body armor is somewhat more common. This is an experiment in making resists a little easier to come by and will probably get adjusted further.
  • Gozag's first two abilities are more expensive. Potion petition requires 600 gold (was 400) and call merchant requires 900 (was 800).
  • Okawaru joins Trog at the fastest piety decay tier.
  • Dithmenos moves to a slower piety decay tier. Maybe this will make up for a little bit of the lost piety from the fire conduct removal.
  • Necromutation is now level 6.

Please post any sources of damage that aren't displayed yet; I'm aware that miscasts and some dot effects may not display. I'd also like to hear where you think the Ashenzari scrying ability should go; so far I've heard Sif (who is probably going to get passive magic skill boosts) and Dithmenos, but feel free to propose some other choice or tell me to keep it removed. I think that overall this update is a player buff. Don't expect the next one to continue the trend. Update should be live soon-ish.

For this message the author Hellmonk has received thanks: 11
all before, bel, chequers, DracheReborn, Implojin, ker, papilio, phloomp, sanka, Shard1697 and one more user

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 8th January 2017, 23:38

Whoa, most of the changes seem really great.

Hellmonk, how about to remove max charge of wands and make them automatically merge on pick?
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/papilio.html

Done 15-rune wins with all playable species, backgrounds, gods!

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 9th January 2017, 02:54

Maybe give scry to Oka? (1) Oka is bland, but not so bland that ze'll ever get removed (2) both have some synergy with ranged combat (3) makes sense thematically (something something Oka improves your tactics by something)

I could imagine giving Ash's monster-detection to Chei. It would be very useful (maybe too useful) for slow characters.

PS please remove batty, it's both annoying and incomprehensible: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20138&p=271951&hilit=batty#p271951

Zot Zealot

Post Monday, 9th January 2017, 04:32

Code:
     2105234 chequers the Hoplite (level 24, 142/261 HPs)
             Began as a Minotaur Fighter on Jan 8, 2017.
             Was an Initiate of Gozag.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 3 runes on Jan 9, 2017!

The game lasted 01:42:52 (42287 turns).

https://crawl.project357.org/morgue/che ... 041135.txt

This game was super easy almost the whole way through. The hardest part was pre-XL5 (as always) and an orb run where I used all my ?tele, ?blink, !hw and !curing and still nearly died several times!!

Code:
Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 | 13-15 | 16-18 | 19-21 | 22-24 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------++-------
  Use: Potion            |     1 |       |     2 |     3 |     1 |     4 |     6 |    19 ||    36
       Scroll            |       |       |       |     5 |     6 |     6 |     2 |    10 ||    29

The Gozag nerfs feel about right. Maybe PP cost should be a little higher and call merchant should be moderately lower, but nbd.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 9th January 2017, 07:26

Amazing patch as always. Picking up items early now feels exciting and rewarding instead of 'yawn, guess ill ID this at some unspecified point in the future.'

One problem with this release: Books no longer auto pick up. I think the problem is that un-ID'd books are the only ones set to auto pick up by default, since a player only really needs the first copy of a book which in vanilla will always be un-ID'd before pick up.

Any chance of removing books as currently implemented and making them function like runes (ie, pick one up and it disappears, allowing you to memorize all its spells at will from that point onwards)...?

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 9th January 2017, 19:33

Bit late but I rather enjoy playing ghoul and vampire in this fork.

Remove food I'm still iffy on but these racial changes should really make it to trunk.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 10th January 2017, 06:30

Not sure if this is a bug or intended, but deep elf elementalists seem to be airstriking me from outside of default LoS. Dangerous...

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 10th January 2017, 13:51

lethediver wrote:Not sure if this is a bug or intended, but deep elf elementalists seem to be airstriking me from outside of default LoS. Dangerous...

Definitely not intended. Please confirm if you can, I will look into it.

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 10th January 2017, 21:40

Are Deep Elf Mages supposed to appear on D4? Just had a FoFi killed by one. There was a runed door nearby but I never opened it.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Wednesday, 11th January 2017, 04:40

severen wrote:Are Deep Elf Mages supposed to appear on D4? Just had a FoFi killed by one. There was a runed door nearby but I never opened it.

Sounds like a really bad ood spawn. Did you spend a long time on the floor? Either way, might get fixed soon.

Also I realized today that monsters cast pretty much everything in a different place in beam.cc, so in the interest of consistency I'll be adding a bunch more damage messages so that their damage will display properly for spells as well.

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 12th January 2017, 00:07

Crawl has nonzero possibility of D:3 tengu reaver or D:3 deep elf annihilator for who spend 1050 turn in D:3.
Or you can have them in D:4 if you spend 933 turn in D:4.

I think hellcrawl is not different.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/papilio.html

Done 15-rune wins with all playable species, backgrounds, gods!

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 12th January 2017, 21:44

Hellmonk wrote:
severen wrote:Are Deep Elf Mages supposed to appear on D4? Just had a FoFi killed by one. There was a runed door nearby but I never opened it.

Sounds like a really bad ood spawn. Did you spend a long time on the floor? Either way, might get fixed soon.

Also I realized today that monsters cast pretty much everything in a different place in beam.cc, so in the interest of consistency I'll be adding a bunch more damage messages so that their damage will display properly for spells as well.

No it was a normal first explore and I never spend overly much time on a floor except for resting.

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Sunday, 15th January 2017, 01:28

(a) Show GDR and spellpower as numbers, as in wizmode.
(b) Show chance of Ely pacification, based on the guess of maxHP shown in xv screen.

Unrelated: Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but Sif giving books earlier means (at least for me) that it's very hard to keep up your piety. I've been stuck at 3* forever in two or three of my games, and I'm afraid of channeling in case I drop below 3*.

Also, perhaps show piety as a number? Piety costs are still randomized, so it might be worth trying out.
Last edited by bel on Sunday, 15th January 2017, 01:53, edited 2 times in total.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 15th January 2017, 01:38

bel wrote:(a) Show GDR and spellpower as numbers, as in wizmode.
(b) Show chance of Ely pacification, based on the guess of maxHP shown in xv screen. This can be done in normal crawl as well - there would be no leak of max HP information.

Unrelated: Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but Sif giving books earlier means (at least for me) that it's very hard to keep up your piety. I've been stuck at 3* forever in two or three of my games, and I'm afraid of channeling in case I drop below 3*. Not sure if showing piety as a number is a good idea. Piety costs are still randomized, so it might be worth trying out.

I think GDR should just be removed entirely from Hellcrawl.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks:
nago

Temple Termagant

Post Sunday, 15th January 2017, 08:24

bug: I'm in the Iskenderun wizlab right now, and whenever I try to examine a conjurer statue the game crashes (and I restart at the beginning)

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Monday, 16th January 2017, 08:08

Static discharge damage numbers aren't shown.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 17th January 2017, 04:27

Time for another update.
  • Stairdancing is ruined forever: hostile monsters will no longer follow you through stairs and taking damage (except poison and sticky flame damage over time) while using stairs interrupts movement.
  • As a side-effect of my lazy implementation of the stairdance change, getting hit while meditating for passwall interrupts the passwall. Rip in pepperoni, old friend.
  • Monsters no longer spawn over time, except in abyss. This kills the out of depth clock, which was supposed to encourage progression but mostly interrupted autotravel to make you fight ogres at xl 16.
  • Slightly more monsters spawn upon level generation, to slightly mitigate the resulting exp reduction.
  • Sif Muna gets magic skill boost, kicking in at ***... piety and equivalent to a medium-strength ashenzari boost. It affects all magic skills and spellcasting. Book gifts are moved back to *****. piety.
  • Spellpower is displayed numerically as if you were in wizmode.
  • Base magic regeneration is increased slightly. This should reduce earlygame kiting with mage starts a little bit.
  • Added a bunch of damage display stuff that I missed. Some of this required some extra messaging when monsters hit you with spells, hopefully it's not too annoying.
  • You should no longer see as many enormous stacks of dispersal ammo. It automulches in regular crawl already, so the increase to dispersal ammo generation was an oversight on my part.
  • Fixed a bug where the game would crash when examining conjurer statues in iskendrun's wizlab.
  • Fixed (maybe) a bug where troves would still ask for identify scrolls.

Tabstorm made a really good post in the dynamic monsters thread about luring. I'm interested in moving some things in this direction, but unfortunately doing all of that stuff is kind of hard. This attempt to reduce stairdancing is a quick and dirty fix, and it might not work. I'd like to try and implement some sort of clock next, but it's probably going to take a while and will require some pretty major rebalancing (I think). I'm open to suggestions.

Re: piety display: unfortunately, the line is too long to fit both a numeric display and asterisks with some of the longer species and god names. I guess I could change the asterisks to just display as a number but I think it would look weird.

Re: ely pacification: I briefly looked into this and it seems difficult to do with the way the code is written right now, unless I missed something. This is probably on hold until I can find time to do more god reworks, but I agree that it should be displayed.

Looking into numeric gdr display as well. I thought I had it but it turns out that my change only works in offline console or something so I'll have to try again.

Update should be live on cpo and coming to cbro soonish.

For this message the author Hellmonk has received thanks: 8
all before, chequers, Implojin, ker, n1000, nago, Shard1697, VeryAngryFelid

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 17th January 2017, 06:38

I believe stairdancing fix is good enough, it is exact copy of circus animals fork mechanic and it worked there. Just don't forget to change Tomb 3 layout, those stairs should no longer be in view of each other...
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

For this message the author VeryAngryFelid has received thanks:
Hellmonk

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 17th January 2017, 06:46

Luckily, tomb has not existed in hellcrawl for a couple of months!

For this message the author Hellmonk has received thanks: 2
papilio, VeryAngryFelid

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 17th January 2017, 15:39

New newsif now completely obsoletes veh. About on par with kiku. Feels good man.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 17th January 2017, 17:33

One thing i thought might help with luring is to make creatures walk faster and attack slower by default.

Applying a unilateral say, 30% faster move speed, and 25% slower attack speed would probably do the trick. (I would probably put it in the calling code, rather than trying to adjust all the monsters data individually)

It makes micro luring and repositioning pretty good, escapes possible (by waiting until the monster attacks then moving back and escaping upstairs) but long haul luring and pillar dancing much less attractive.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Saturday, 21st January 2017, 14:41

From superficial playing with a couple of characters, Sif is probably too good with the magic boost, especially compared to Veh. FWIW, I preferred the power level with the earlier book gifts and no boost. No real need to rework Ash's mechanics into other gods, imo.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Saturday, 21st January 2017, 18:11

The "getting hit cancels going up stairs" thing is pretty harsh vs smiters...

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 24th January 2017, 21:47

Really liking this so far! Not personally on board with the change to luring - as written, "bezotted" really sounds like a punishment. But maybe you can pull a WoW and find a way to make "punished for luring" sound and feel more like "rewarded for charging into battle". Charging into battle is usually the wrong move, so, a little boon for doing it probably woudn't hurt anything!
Yiufcrawl, a dcss fork with extra species
Pu, LO, HE, SE, "MD", Im, ST, BK, viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23209

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 24th January 2017, 22:10

I retract my previous statement about the stairdance fix being too harsh, it just took some getting used to. You have to go in with the mentality of "I may need to spend consumables to make one entrance to this floor safe".

For this message the author lethediver has received thanks:
shping

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 25th January 2017, 09:53

Does anybody know if (and how) I can get online statistics for my hellcrawl games? Does the "lg" command works for hellcrawl somewhere somehow? (I could not make it work, but I was so lame that I did not found the menu for Hellcrawl in the first place).

I would really like to play this branch exclusively because it is so much better than the original, but I really miss my online statistics.

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Wednesday, 25th January 2017, 11:31

Hellcrawl does not feed milestone data to Sequell. You can get ttyrecs/morgues of your play by directly accessing your morgue folder on the server.

For this message the author bel has received thanks:
sanka

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Friday, 27th January 2017, 13:02

bel wrote:From superficial playing with a couple of characters, Sif is probably too good with the magic boost, especially compared to Veh. FWIW, I preferred the power level with the earlier book gifts and no boost. No real need to rework Ash's mechanics into other gods, imo.

Here's a recent DEEE game I played. Actually, I started it with the older version (early books), then upgraded to the new version, so I got the books as well as the magic boost. But it shouldn't really make much difference.

DEEE is a strong combo and I got lucky with some items, but the magic boost seems like too much power for Sif. I even wasted a lot of XP on random skills - it seemed like I was swimming in XP all game.
  Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.19-a0-2032-g851bfc5 (console) character file.

bel0 the Spry (Deep Elf Earth Elementalist)        Turns: 58150, Time: 10:43:50

Health: 136/136    AC: 18 (19%)Str:  8  XL:     22   Next: 82%
Magic:  68/83      EV: 34    Int: 30    God:    Sif Muna [******]
Gold:   2504       SH:  8    Dex: 25    Spells: 2/56 levels left

rFire  . . .      SeeInvis +    a - staff of power {!a}
rCold  . . .      Faith    .    M - +4 moon troll leather armour {Spirit, Regen++ MP+5}
rNeg   + . .      Spirit   +    k - +2 buckler {rN+}
rPois  .          Reflect  .    H - +3 crown of Dyrovepreva {rElec Int+2 SInv}
rElec  +                        L - +0 cloak
rCorr  .                        y - +2 pair of gloves {Str+3}
MR     +++..                    N - +2 pair of boots {run}
Stlth  ++++++....               U - amulet "Gouvvach" {rElec Regen+ Str+3 Int+3 SInv}
                                V - ring of Jomod {+Fly MP+9 EV+4 Str-3 Dex+6, =R}
                                m - ring "Goelota" {+Inv MR+ MP+9}

@: studying Conjurations, repel missiles, divine energy, quick
A: dopey 1, no device heal 1
}: 3/15 runes: serpentine, slimy, silver
a: Stop Divine Energy, Channel Magic, Forget Spell, Renounce Religion, Evoke
Invisibility, Evoke Flight

You are on level 3 of the Vaults.
You worship Sif Muna.
Sif Muna is exalted by your worship.
You are not hungry.

You have visited 7 branches of the dungeon, and seen 31 of its levels.
You have also visited: Sewer and Wizlab.

You have collected 6354 gold pieces.
You have spent 3850 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand Weapons
 b - a +6 quick blade of venom
 f - the +3 Elemental Staff {rElec rF++ rC++ MR++ AC+5}
   (You found it on level 4 of the Pits of Slime)   

It affects your AC (+5).
   It greatly protects you from fire.
   It greatly protects you from cold.
   It insulates you from electricity.
   It affects your resistance to hostile enchantments.
 v - a +6 quick blade of freezing
Armour
 k - a +2 buckler of positive energy (worn)
 y - a +2 pair of gloves of strength (worn)
 H - the +3 crown of Dyrovepreva (worn) {rElec Int+2 SInv}
   (You found it on level 4 of the Pits of Slime)   

It affects your intelligence (+2).
   It lets you see invisible.
 L - a +0 cloak (worn)
 M - the +4 moon troll leather armour (worn) {Spirit, Regen++ MP+5}
   (You took it off a moon troll in a wizard's laboratory)   

It affects your magic capacity (+5).
   It increases your rate of regeneration.
 N - a +2 pair of boots of running (worn)
Magical Staves
 a - an uncursed staff of power (weapon) {!a}
 e - an uncursed staff of earth {!a}
 w - an uncursed staff of wizardry {!a}
Jewellery
 m - the ring "Goelota" (left hand) {+Inv MR+ MP+9}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 1 of the Vaults)   

[ring of protection from magic]

It affects your resistance to hostile enchantments.
   It affects your magic capacity (+9).
   It lets you turn invisible.
 n - an uncursed ring of positive energy
 p - an uncursed ring of poison resistance
 C - an uncursed ring of resist corrosion
 R - an uncursed ring of fire
 U - the amulet "Gouvvach" (around neck) {rElec Regen+ Str+3 Int+3 SInv}
   (You found it on level 13 of the Dungeon)   

[amulet of regeneration]

It affects your strength (+3).
   It affects your intelligence (+3).
   It lets you see invisible.
   It increases your rate of regeneration.
 V - the ring of Jomod (right hand) {+Fly MP+9 EV+4 Str-3 Dex+6, =R}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 2 of the Orcish Mines)   

[ring of evasion]

It affects your evasion (+4).
   It affects your strength (-3).
   It affects your dexterity (+6).
   It affects your magic capacity (+9).
   It lets you fly.
Wands
 d - a wand of acid (4/15)
 r - a wand of confusion (8/24)
 s - a wand of lightning (6/15)
 A - a wand of acid (6/15)
 F - a wand of enslavement (9/18)
 I - a wand of digging (10/18)
 K - a wand of iceblast (9/15)
 O - a wand of clouds (6/9)
 P - a wand of scattershot (4/9)
Scrolls
 c - 2 scrolls of amnesia
 h - 5 scrolls of fog
 j - 4 scrolls of blinking
 l - 8 scrolls of teleportation
 q - a scroll of vulnerability
 x - 4 scrolls of enchant armour
 B - 5 scrolls of magic mapping
 G - 8 scrolls of recharging
 Z - 8 scrolls of fear
Potions
 g - 2 potions of resistance
 i - 4 potions of agility
 o - 9 potions of heal wounds
 t - 6 potions of lignification
 u - 4 potions of invisibility
 z - 5 potions of cancellation
 D - a potion of magic
 E - 3 potions of might
 J - a potion of ambrosia
 Q - 21 potions of curing
 X - 2 potions of haste
 Y - 6 potions of brilliance
Books
 T - a manual of Conjurations
Miscellaneous
 S - 3 sacks of spiders
 W - 2 phantom mirrors

Skills:
 + Level 13.9 Fighting
 - Level 8.4 Short Blades
 + Level 18.4 Dodging
 + Level 13.1 Stealth
 - Level 4.3 Shields
 + Level 17.8(21.5) Spellcasting
 + Level 15.3(19.2) Conjurations
 - Level 9.5(13.8) Hexes
 - Level 7.5(12.0) Charms
 + Level 7.0(11.5) Summonings
 - Level 11.7(15.8) Necromancy
 - Level 3.4(7.4) Translocations
 - Level 4.4(8.7) Transmutations
 * Level 17.5(21.2) Earth Magic
 - Level 9.2 Invocations
 + Level 13.3 Evocations

You have 2 spell levels left.
You know the following spells:

Your Spells              Type           Power        Failure   Level  Hunger
a - Spellforged Servitor  Conj/Summ      89 (200)     2%          7    ##.....
b - Bolt of Draining      Conj/Necr      95 (200)     1%          5    None
d - Lee's Rapid Deconstr  Erth           103 (200)    0%          5    None
g - Apportation           Tloc           66 (1000)    1%          1    None
h - Haste                 Chrm           81 (100)     1%          6    None
i - Lehudib's Crystal Sp  Conj/Erth      101 (200)    3%          8    #####..
k - Blink                 Tloc           N/A          1%          2    None
l - Repel Missiles        Chrm/Air       50 (50)      1%          2    None
o - Ozocubu's Armour      Chrm/Ice       63 (100)     1%          3    None
w - Excruciating Wounds   Chrm/Necr      86 (200)     1%          5    None
B - Sublimation of Blood  Necr           91 (200)     0%          2    None
D - Orb of Destruction    Conj           99 (200)     1%          7    ##.....
F - Summon Butterflies    Summ           79 (100)     0%          1    None

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (15/15)            Temple (0/1) D:6           Snake (3/3) D:13
  Slime (4/4) Depths:1        Orc (2/2) D:10            Elf (1/1) Vaults:1
 Vaults (3/3) D:15         Depths (3/3) D:15            Zot (0/5) Depths:3
  Lair: D:-1         Swamp: D:13-14     Shoals: D:13-14      Crypt: Vaults:-1
  Tomb: Vaults:-1   

Altars:
Cheibriados
Dithmenos
Elyvilon
Hepliaklqana
Kikubaaqudgha
Nemelex Xobeh
Ru
Sif Muna
Yredelemnul
Zin
The Shining One
Beogh
Jiyva
Lugonu

Shops:
D:4 :   D:10 ?*:   D:13 :   D:14 =   Orc:2 :(=}   Snake:2 ((}?   Snake:3 =:
Vaults:1 =

Portals:
Hell: Depths:1 Depths:2 Depths:3
Abyss: Depths:1 Depths:2 Depths:3
Pandemonium: Depths:1 Depths:2 Depths:3

Annotations:
D:1 exclusion: downstairs
D:5 Duvessa, Edmund
D:6 exclusion: upstairs
D:8 exclusion: downstairs
D:9 exclusion: downstairs
D:12 exclusion: downstairs
D:13 exclusion: 2 downstairs
D:14 exclusion: downstairs
Snake:1 exclusion: downstairs
Vaults:2 exclusion: 3 downstairs
Depths:1 exclusion: 2 downstairs

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You are dopey. (Int -2)
Potions are less effective at restoring your health.

Message History

Unknown command.
Unknown command.
Unknown command.
Unknown command.
Unknown command.
Unknown command.
Unknown command.
Unknown command.
Unknown command.
Unknown command.
Save game and exit?
Welcome back, bel0 the Deep Elf Earth Elementalist.
Sif Muna whispers: I know many secrets...
Press ? for a list of commands and other information.
Unknown command.
Unknown command.
Char dumped to 'morgue/bel0.txt'.
Unknown command.
Unknown command.
Save game and exit?

..#.).##......###......##...#..#
..#.......##.......##...)...#..#
..)......####.....####.........#
....#######################....#
<..............................#
.<.............................#
<..............................#
...............................#
...)#######################....#
....................######.....#
..#.............@......##...#..#
..#).......................##..#
..#........#########......###..#
..#)))..####.......####...###..#
..#)...##.............##...##..#
..#.).##...............##..##..#
..#...#....##.....##....#..##..#
..#))##..###..)....###..##..#..#
..#.)#..##..).|.::.).##.....#..#
..#).#......:}[.||.[..#.†...#..#
..#..#..##..)))..))..##...[[#..#

There are no monsters in sight!

Vanquished Creatures
  the Royal Jelly (Slime:4)
  Mennas (Depths:2)
  Xtahua (Vaults:3)
  An acid robin (Depths:3)
  Saint Roka (Vaults:2)
  A golden dragon (Depths:3)
  A lich (Depths:3)
  A moon troll (WizLab)
  3 titans
  2 quicksilver dragons (WizLab)
  25 acid blobs
  2 iron trolls (Depths:2)
  3 deep elf blademasters (Elf)
  3 deep elf master archers (Elf)
  9 tentacled starspawn (WizLab)
  Frances (D:14)
  A tentacled monstrosity (Depths:3)
  3 sphinxes (Depths:3)
  3 ancient champions
  Kirke (D:14)
  A storm dragon (Vaults:3)
  7 tengu reavers
  Roxanne (Snake:3)
  A shadow dragon (Vaults:3)
  3 daevas (Depths:2)
  5 azure jellies
  9 deep elf sorcerers
  4 deep elf elementalists (Elf)
  9 vault wardens
  4 frost giants
  7 greater nagas (Snake:3)
  A cacodemon (WizLab)
  Aizul (Snake:1)
  5 fire giants
  3 orc warlords
  A draconian annihilator (Depths:3)
  3 spriggan defenders
  3 angels (Depths:2)
  9 ironheart preservers
  11 very ugly things
  3 revenants
  11 stone giants
  11 starcursed masses (WizLab)
  3 vampire knights
  A deep elf demonologist (Elf)
  An entropy weaver (Depths:3)
  Azrael (D:14)
  7 deep elf annihilators
  A spark wasp (Depths:3)
  2 crystal guardians (WizLab)
  2 deep elf death magi
  An ettin (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  9 yaktaur captains
  7 ettins
  Josephine (D:10)
  7 vault guards (Vaults:3)
  6 death oozes (Slime:4)
  A jiangshi (Depths:3)
  5 fire dragons
  6 ice dragons
  2 hydras (D:14)
  4 deep elf high priests
  4 eidola
  2 spriggan air magi
  4 rakshasas
  8 two-headed ogres
  10 centaur warriors
  18 great orbs of eyes
  11 naga warriors
  7 anacondas
  4 ogre magi
  5 death yaks (D:14)
  6 deep troll shamans
  8 deep troll earth magi
  5 orc high priests
  7 dancing weapons
  A tengu warrior (D:15)
  15 naga sharpshooters
  5 death scarabs (Depths:2)
  7 hell knights
  6 vampire magi
  3 shock serpents (Snake:3)
  9 deep elf knights (Elf)
  A fire crab (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  3 shadow wraiths (Vaults:2)
  4 flayed ghosts
  A fire crab (D:15)
  14 skeletal warriors
  6 cherubim (Depths:2)
  A death drake (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  5 sea snakes (Snake:3)
  4 unseen horrors
  5 salamander mystics
  7 naga ritualists
  3 wizards
  2 obsidian statues
  10 glowing orange brains
  A spark wasp zombie (Depths:3)
  14 deep trolls
  Pikel (D:5)
  A phantasmal warrior (Vaults:3)
  4 deep elf archers
  10 ironbrand convokers
  7 necromancers
  2 harpies (shapeshifter)
  24 deep elf magi
  6 mana vipers
  2 hornets (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  10 orc knights
  A shining eye (Slime:2)
  8 ugly things
  7 orc sorcerers
  A mana viper (shapeshifter) (Elf)
  7 cyclopes
  A faun (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  12 salamanders
  2 guardian serpents
  24 naga magi
  9 vault sentinels
  19 black mambas
  7 eyes of devastation
  2 spiny frogs
  A torpor snail (D:14)
  5 spectral swamp worms (Depths:2)
  2 rime drakes
  A freezing wraith (Vaults:2)
  22 yaktaurs
  An ice devil (Depths:2)
  A tormentor (Depths:2)
  5 demonic crawlers (D:14)
  3 tengu conjurers
  11 trolls
  3 meliai (D:15)
  2 blink frogs (shapeshifter)
  59 slime creatures
  3 blink frogs (D:10)
  4 raiju (shapeshifter)
  A dream sheep (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  Sigmund (D:2)
  2 ynoxinuls (Depths:2)
  6 air elementals
  2 tarantellas (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  4 wyverns
  4 fire elementals
  2 hogs (D:14)
  6 golden eyes
  8 wraiths
  Grum (D:8)
  A chaos spawn (Depths:2)
  A steam dragon (D:9)
  2 vampire mosquitoes (D:14)
  Menkaure (D:7)
  24 nagas
  5 wargs
  A spiny frog zombie (D:9)
  2 acid dragons
  2 hell hounds (D:14)
  12 water moccasins
  Purgy (Sewer)
  A black bear (D:10)
  55 orc warriors
  An ice beast (D:10)
  A slave (D:5)
  3 wasps
  5 eyes of draining
  28 ogres
  2 wolves (D:8)
  A wolf (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  10 boggarts
  20 centaurs
  2 blink frog skeletons (D:8)
  A big kobold (D:10)
  A rime drake skeleton (D:10)
  3 wyvern zombies
  3 wyvern skeletons
  A water moccasin skeleton (D:5)
  Dowan (D:5)
  3 scorpions
  12 killer bees
  4 wights
  2 howler monkeys (D:7)
  An electric eel (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  4 crimson imps
  8 centaur zombies
  A quasit (D:6)
  8 jellies
  33 orc priests
  Crazy Yiuf (D:5)
  6 centaur skeletons
  5 hounds
  25 orc wizards
  2 iguanas
  A hell rat (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  A worker ant (D:4)
  2 hound skeletons
  Robin (D:3)
  12 adders
  3 gnolls (D:6)
  2 shadow imps
  A dart slug (D:3)
  11 leopard geckos
  107 orcs
  4 bats
  11 giant cockroaches
  15 goblins
  7 hobgoblins
  12 jackals
  5 kobolds
  2 quokkas
  3 ball pythons
  11 frilled lizards
  A leopard gecko skeleton (D:3)
  9 rats
  A demonic plant (WizLab)
  3 starspawn tentacles (WizLab)
1328 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (collateral kills)
  Bai Suzhen (Vaults:3)
  2 golden dragons (Vaults:3)
  A lich (Vaults:3)
  A shadow dragon (Vaults:3)
  A sphinx (Vaults:3)
  6 tengu reavers (Vaults:3)
  3 frost giants (Vaults:3)
  3 fire giants (Vaults:3)
  5 vault wardens (Vaults:3)
  A war gargoyle (Vaults:3)
  3 ironheart preservers (Vaults:3)
  4 very ugly things
  5 stone giants
  A halazid warlock (Vaults:3)
  An ettin (Vaults:3)
  A deep elf high priest (Vaults:3)
  A yaktaur captain (Vaults:3)
  A great orb of eyes (Slime:2)
  21 vault guards (Vaults:3)
  An ice dragon (Depths:3)
  An eidolon (Depths:2)
  A dancing weapon (Vaults:3)
  2 spriggans (Depths:2)
  A hell knight (Depths:3)
  A deep elf archer (Vaults:3)
  3 ironbrand convokers (Vaults:3)
  A deep elf mage (Vaults:3)
  A phantasmal warrior (Vaults:3)
  An ugly thing (Depths:2)
  A hornet (Vaults:3)
  An eye of devastation (Slime:2)
  A vault sentinel (Vaults:3)
  2 yaktaurs (Vaults:3)
  6 slime creatures
  A fire bat (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  2 wasps (Depths:2)
89 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (others)
  A tengu reaver (Vaults:3)
  A rakshasa (Depths:2)
  A deep troll (Depths:3)
  A human (D:14)
  A howler monkey (D:5)
  A crimson imp (D:5)
  A ball python (D:13)
  10 demonic plants (WizLab)
  5 fungi
  14 plants
  9 starspawn tentacles (WizLab)
45 creatures vanquished.

Grand Total: 1462 creatures vanquished

Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
-------+----------+-------------------------------------------
     0 | D:1      | bel0 the Deep Elf Earth Elementalist began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1      | Reached XP level 1. HP: 10/10 MP: 6/6
   218 | D:1      | Reached XP level 2. HP: 15/15 MP: 0/8
   920 | D:1      | Reached XP level 3. HP: 13/19 MP: 0/9
  1077 | D:2      | Learned a level 3 spell: Stone Arrow
  1515 | D:2      | Found a deep blue altar of Sif Muna.
  1520 | D:2      | Found a glowing silver altar of Zin.
  1527 | D:2      | Found a white marble altar of Elyvilon.
  1853 | D:2      | Noticed Sigmund
  2007 | D:3      | Reached skill level 5 in Earth Magic
  2012 | D:3      | Reached XP level 4. HP: 24/24 MP: 2/11
  2138 | D:3      | Noticed Robin
  2140 | D:3      | Killed Robin
  2238 | D:3      | Noticed an ogre
  2244 | D:3      | Killed an ogre
  2244 | D:3      | Reached XP level 5. HP: 28/28 MP: 3/14
  2418 | D:3      | Upgraded the game from 0.19-a0-1912-g48530cd to 0.19-a0-2013-g488b080
  2769 | D:2      | Killed Sigmund
  2769 | D:2      | Reached skill level 5 in Spellcasting
  2769 | D:2      | Reached XP level 6. HP: 32/32 MP: 13/16
  2777 | D:2      | Became a worshipper of Sif Muna the Loreminder
  2968 | D:3      | Found an ancient bone altar of Kikubaaqudgha.
  3512 | D:4      | Reached XP level 7. HP: 24/36 MP: 12/17
  3594 | D:4      | Found Meufin's Book Boutique.
  3793 | D:5      | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  3861 | D:5      | Found a glowing drain.
  3934 | Sewer    | Entered a sewer
  3948 | Sewer    | Reached * piety under Sif Muna
  3967 | Sewer    | Noticed Purgy
  3976 | Sewer    | Killed Purgy
  4210 | D:5      | Learned a level 5 spell: Lee's Rapid Deconstruction
  4215 | D:5      | Learned a level 4 spell: Petrify
  4292 | D:5      | Noticed Pikel
  4307 | D:5      | Killed Pikel
  4307 | D:5      | Reached ** piety under Sif Muna
  4307 | D:5      | Reached XP level 8. HP: 41/41 MP: 10/20
  4383 | D:5      | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
  4386 | D:5      | Noticed Duvessa
  4386 | D:5      | Noticed Dowan
  4393 | D:5      | Killed Dowan
  4402 | D:5      | Noticed Edmund
  4550 | D:5      | Got the +1 robe of Demaiklith {-Tele rCorr Str-4 Int+9}
  4565 | D:5      | Found a runed door.
  4825 | D:5      | Noticed Crazy Yiuf
  4827 | D:5      | Killed Crazy Yiuf
  4973 | D:6      | Found a hazy altar of Hepliaklqana.
  5163 | D:6      | Found a staircase to the Ecumenical Temple.
  5322 | D:6      | Reached skill level 1 in Shields
  5326 | D:6      | Reached skill level 1 in Fighting
  5332 | D:6      | Reached skill level 3 in Dodging
  5478 | D:6      | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
  5814 | D:7      | Reached XP level 9. HP: 47/47 MP: 11/22
  5989 | D:7      | Noticed Menkaure
  6206 | D:7      | Reached skill level 4 in Dodging
  6237 | D:7      | Found a sparkling altar of Nemelex Xobeh.
  6623 | D:7      | Killed Menkaure
  7002 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Dodging
  7057 | D:8      | Noticed Grum
  7334 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Stealth
  7361 | D:8      | Killed Grum
  7490 | D:8      | Found a snail-covered altar of Cheibriados.
  7940 | D:9      | Learned a level 1 spell: Summon Butterflies
  7942 | D:9      | Learned a level 1 spell: Apportation
  7974 | D:9      | Reached *** piety under Sif Muna
  7974 | D:9      | Reached skill level 6 in Dodging
  8067 | D:9      | Received a gift from Sif Muna
  8185 | D:9      | Identified Sif Muna's Collected Works on Translocation (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 9 of the Dungeon)
  8189 | D:9      | Learned a level 2 spell: Blink
  8231 | D:9      | Noticed a spiny frog
  8267 | D:9      | Reached XP level 10. HP: 55/56 MP: 19/23
  8318 | D:9      | Found a blossoming altar of Fedhas.
  8330 | D:9      | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
  8390 | D:9      | Reached skill level 1 in Translocations
  8403 | D:9      | Got the +8 mace "Bioh" {crush, rF+ rC+ Int+2 Stlth+}
  8424 | D:9      | Killed a spiny frog
  8726 | D:9      | Found a shattered altar of Ashenzari.
  9044 | D:10     | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
  9045 | D:10     | Found a shadowy altar of Dithmenos.
  9067 | D:10     | Noticed a spiny frog
  9117 | D:10     | Killed a spiny frog
  9117 | D:10     | Reached skill level 1 in Summonings
  9199 | D:10     | Found Penweaq's Book Emporium.
  9256 | D:10     | Reached skill level 7 in Dodging
  9586 | D:10     | Noticed Josephine
 10065 | D:10     | Found a staircase to the Orcish Mines.
 10135 | D:10     | Found Rulaff's Magic Scroll Shoppe.
 10144 | D:10     | Bought a scroll of teleportation for 36 gold pieces
 10144 | D:10     | Bought a scroll of teleportation for 36 gold pieces
 10404 | D:10     | Found Buoquet's Assorted Antiques.
 10407 | D:10     | Bought a +0 blowgun for 40 gold pieces
 10426 | D:10     | Killed Josephine
 10426 | D:10     | Reached skill level 5 in Fighting
 10426 | D:10     | Reached skill level 8 in Dodging
 10441 | D:9      | Reached XP level 11. HP: 63/63 MP: 4/25
 10504 | D:10     | Reached skill level 10 in Earth Magic
 10830 | D:11     | Reached skill level 1 in Invocations
 11080 | D:11     | Noticed an orc sorcerer
 11081 | D:11     | Killed an orc sorcerer
 11632 | D:12     | Noticed a green ugly thing
 11686 | D:12     | Killed a green ugly thing
 11887 | D:12     | Found a sacrificial altar of Ru.
 12198 | Orc:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Orcish Mines
 12490 | Orc:2    | Entered Level 2 of the Orcish Mines
 12490 | Orc:2    | Noticed a two-headed ogre
 12506 | Orc:2    | Killed a two-headed ogre
 12516 | Orc:2    | Noticed a two-headed ogre
 12531 | Orc:2    | Killed a two-headed ogre
 12531 | Orc:2    | Reached skill level 1 in Short Blades
 12531 | Orc:2    | Reached skill level 9 in Dodging
 12698 | Orc:2    | Noticed a two-headed ogre
 12707 | Orc:2    | Killed a two-headed ogre
 13023 | Orc:2    | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 13031 | Orc:2    | Identified Sif Muna's Incunabulum of Attacks (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 2 of the Orcish Mines)
 13044 | Orc:2    | Noticed a two-headed ogre
 13063 | Orc:2    | Identified Sif Muna's Incunabulum of Attacks (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 2 of the Orcish Mines)
 13063 | Orc:2    | Identified Sif Muna's Incunabulum of Attacks (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 2 of the Orcish Mines)
 13070 | Orc:2    | Learned a level 6 spell: Iron Shot
 13088 | Orc:2    | Killed a two-headed ogre
 13088 | Orc:2    | Reached skill level 5 in Conjurations
 13636 | Orc:2    | Noticed an orc knight
 13682 | Orc:2    | Reached XP level 12. HP: 70/70 MP: 13/27
 13815 | Orc:1    | Reached skill level 5 in Invocations
 14043 | Orc:2    | Noticed an orc warlord
 14133 | Orc:2    | Killed an orc warlord
 14819 | Orc:2    | Identified a +2 pair of boots of running (You found it on level 2 of the Orcish Mines)
 15186 | Orc:2    | Reached skill level 10 in Spellcasting
 15323 | Orc:2    | Found Liufuec's Gadget Emporium.
 15333 | Orc:2    | Found Cule's Jewellery Shoppe.
 15408 | Orc:2    | Reached skill level 10 in Dodging
 15413 | Orc:2    | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 15898 | Orc:2    | Bought the ring of Jomod {+Fly MP+9 EV+4 Str-3 Dex+6} for 616 gold pieces
 16415 | Orc:2    | Noticed an orc warlord
 16616 | Orc:2    | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 16874 | Orc:2    | Killed an orc warlord
 16944 | Orc:2    | Reached XP level 13. HP: 76/76 MP: 29/29
 17076 | Orc:2    | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 17220 | Orc:2    | Found Lesat's Weapon Shop.
 17787 | Orc:2    | Found Laniesi's Book Emporium.
 17861 | Orc:2    | Identified Sif Muna's Grimoire of the Compass and Necromancy (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 2 of the Orcish Mines)
 17865 | Orc:2    | Learned a level 3 spell: Regeneration
 17865 | Orc:2    | Identified Sif Muna's Grimoire of the Compass and Necromancy (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 2 of the Orcish Mines)
 17985 | D:13     | Reached skill level 1 in Charms
 18052 | D:13     | Found Orunk's Book Shop.
 18063 | D:13     | Reached skill level 1 in Necromancy
 18976 | D:13     | Found a staircase to the Snake Pit.
 19239 | D:13     | Got the amulet "Gouvvach" {rElec Regen+ Str+3 Int+3 SInv}
 19963 | D:14     | Noticed Kirke
 20141 | D:14     | Killed Kirke
 20141 | D:14     | Reached skill level 5 in Short Blades
 20479 | D:14     | Noticed Frances
 20582 | D:14     | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 20582 | D:14     | Reached XP level 14. HP: 76/82 MP: 0/31
 20585 | D:14     | Identified Sif Muna's Volume of Lucky Lightness (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 14 of the Dungeon)
 20588 | D:14     | Learned a level 2 spell: Shroud of Golubria
 20877 | D:14     | Reached skill level 11 in Dodging
 21200 | D:14     | Found Bel Jost's Jewellery Emporium.
 21725 | D:15     | Entered Level 15 of the Dungeon
 22163 | D:14     | Killed Frances
 22250 | D:14     | Noticed Azrael
 22365 | D:14     | Killed Azrael
 22510 | D:15     | Found a gate to the Vaults.
 23758 | D:15     | Reached skill level 10 in Conjurations
 23766 | D:15     | Found a staircase to the Depths.
 23791 | D:15     | Upgraded the game from 0.19-a0-2013-g488b080 to 0.19-a0-2032-g851bfc5
 23900 | D:14     | Identified Sif Muna's Volume of Lucky Lightness (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 14 of the Dungeon)
 23906 | D:14     | Learned a level 5 spell: Excruciating Wounds
 23942 | D:13     | Bought Ekluojoi's Handbook of the Lucky Arsonist for 535 gold pieces
 23945 | D:13     | Learned a level 2 spell: Repel Missiles
 23950 | D:13     | Learned a level 3 spell: Ozocubu's Armour
 24245 | Snake:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Snake Pit
 24571 | Snake:1  | Reached **** piety under Sif Muna
 24606 | Snake:1  | Noticed Aizul
 24901 | Snake:1  | Reached skill level 5 in Necromancy
 24904 | Snake:1  | Reached XP level 15. HP: 88/88 MP: 17/33
 25929 | Snake:2  | Found Wadukag's Weapon Emporium.
 25964 | Snake:2  | Reached skill level 10 in Stealth
 26261 | Snake:2  | Found Xomefe's Gadget Shoppe.
 26274 | Snake:2  | Found Asecs's Magic Scroll Shoppe.
 26301 | Snake:2  | Found Xuqon Lips's Antique Weapon Emporium.
 26336 | Snake:2  | Reached skill level 1 in Evocations
 26924 | Snake:2  | Reached skill level 12 in Dodging
 27349 | Snake:3  | Entered Level 3 of the Snake Pit
 27349 | Snake:3  | Found Teoclus's Jewellery Emporium.
 27703 | Snake:3  | Noticed Roxanne
 28054 | Snake:3  | Noticed a greater naga
 28396 | Snake:3  | Killed a greater naga
 28674 | Snake:3  | Found Miluot's Book Shop.
 28983 | Snake:3  | Noticed a greater naga
 29008 | Snake:3  | Killed a greater naga
 29008 | Snake:3  | Reached skill level 5 in Evocations
 29008 | Snake:3  | Reached XP level 16. HP: 94/94 MP: 6/34
 30044 | Snake:3  | Reached skill level 13 in Dodging
 30090 | Snake:3  | Bought the ring "Laha" {rPois rF- MR+ Str-2 Int+4} for 205 gold pieces
 30294 | Snake:3  | Reached ***** piety under Sif Muna
 30912 | Snake:3  | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 31460 | Snake:3  | Got a serpentine rune of Zot
 31623 | Snake:1  | Killed Aizul
 31976 | Vaults:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Vaults
 32094 | Vaults:1 | Found Melof's Jewellery Emporium.
 32116 | Vaults:1 | Found a magical portal.
 32131 | Vaults:1 | Learned a level 6 spell: Invisibility
 32143 | WizLab   | Entered Lehudib's Moon Base
 32153 | WizLab   | Noticed a tentacled starspawn
 32159 | WizLab   | Killed a tentacled starspawn
 32369 | WizLab   | Noticed a tentacled starspawn
 32371 | WizLab   | Killed a tentacled starspawn
 32372 | WizLab   | Noticed a tentacled starspawn
 32485 | WizLab   | Killed a tentacled starspawn
 32491 | WizLab   | Noticed a tentacled starspawn
 32494 | WizLab   | Killed a tentacled starspawn
 32494 | WizLab   | Reached skill level 5 in Hexes
 32495 | WizLab   | Noticed a quicksilver dragon
 32500 | WizLab   | Killed a quicksilver dragon
 32501 | WizLab   | Noticed a tentacled starspawn
 32714 | WizLab   | Killed a tentacled starspawn
 33040 | WizLab   | Reached skill level 14 in Dodging
 33073 | WizLab   | Noticed a tentacled starspawn
 33075 | WizLab   | Killed a tentacled starspawn
 33075 | WizLab   | Reached XP level 17. HP: 101/101 MP: 34/36
 33173 | WizLab   | Gained mutation: You are dopey. (Int -2) [a cacodemon]
 33786 | WizLab   | Reached skill level 10 in Fighting
 33886 | WizLab   | Noticed a quicksilver dragon
 33897 | WizLab   | Killed a quicksilver dragon
 33897 | WizLab   | Reached skill level 10 in Necromancy
 35153 | WizLab   | Noticed a moon troll
 35234 | WizLab   | Killed a moon troll
 35328 | WizLab   | Identified Lehudib's Tome of Earth and Confrontation (You found it in a wizard's laboratory)
 35657 | Vaults:1 | Bought the ring "Goelota" {+Inv MR+ MP+9} for 819 gold pieces
 35795 | D:12     | Learned a level 5 spell: Bolt of Draining
 35991 | Vaults:1 | Found a staircase to the Elven Halls.
 36180 | Vaults:1 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 36181 | Vaults:1 | Identified Sif Muna's Advanced Wizardry (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 1 of the Vaults)
 37337 | Vaults:1 | Reached skill level 15 in Dodging
 38127 | Vaults:2 | Noticed Saint Roka
 38191 | Vaults:2 | Killed Saint Roka
 38191 | Vaults:2 | Reached XP level 18. HP: 108/108 MP: 29/38
 39634 | Elf      | Entered the Elven Halls
 39872 | Elf      | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 39885 | Elf      | Identified Sif Muna's Guide on the Lethal Oath (Sif Muna gifted it to you in the Elven Halls)
 41031 | Snake:2  | Bought a scroll of teleportation for 42 gold pieces
 41031 | Snake:2  | Bought a scroll of blinking for 105 gold pieces
 41432 | Elf      | Reached skill level 16 in Dodging
 41809 | Elf      | Reached XP level 19. HP: 116/116 MP: 39/39
 42501 | Elf      | Got the ring of Leloycy {*Slow +Blink rN+ Str+2 Int+4}
 42726 | Depths:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Depths
 42805 | Depths:1 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 42965 | Depths:1 | Identified Sif Muna's Guide on Dark Rites (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 1 of the Depths)
 42966 | Depths:1 | Identified Sif Muna's Guide on Dark Rites (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 1 of the Depths)
 42967 | Depths:1 | Identified Sif Muna's Guide on Dark Rites (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 1 of the Depths)
 42967 | Depths:1 | Identified Sif Muna's Guide on Dark Rites (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 1 of the Depths)
 42972 | Depths:1 | Learned a level 4 spell: Animate Dead
 43031 | Depths:1 | Found a one-way gate to the infinite horrors of the Abyss.
 43143 | Depths:1 | Reached skill level 15 in Spellcasting
 44202 | Depths:1 | Found a staircase to the Slime Pits.
 44274 | Depths:1 | Found a gateway to Hell.
 44531 | Depths:1 | Found a one-way gate leading to the halls of Pandemonium.
 44858 | Depths:2 | Reached skill level 15 in Earth Magic
 44860 | Depths:2 | Reached skill level 10 in Evocations
 45581 | Depths:2 | Found a corrupted altar of Lugonu.
 45897 | Depths:2 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 45897 | Depths:2 | Reached XP level 20. HP: 123/123 MP: 41/41
 45913 | Depths:2 | Identified Hijomoem's Collected Works on Hexes and Necromancy (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 2 of the Depths)
 45916 | Depths:2 | Learned a level 2 spell: Sublimation of Blood
 46263 | Depths:3 | Entered Level 3 of the Depths
 46589 | Depths:2 | Noticed Mennas
 46697 | Depths:2 | Killed Mennas
 46739 | Depths:2 | Found a glowing silver altar of Zin.
 47117 | Depths:2 | Reached skill level 17 in Dodging
 48400 | Depths:3 | Found a gate to the Realm of Zot.
 48963 | Depths:3 | Noticed an acid robin
 48977 | Depths:3 | Killed an acid robin
 48977 | Depths:3 | Reached ****** piety under Sif Muna
 48977 | Depths:3 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 49554 | Depths:3 | Noticed a golden dragon
 49608 | Depths:3 | Killed a golden dragon
 49608 | Depths:3 | Reached XP level 21. HP: 94/129 MP: 4/43
 50351 | Depths:3 | Learned a level 7 spell: Spellforged Servitor
 50926 | Depths:3 | Learned a level 7 spell: Orb of Destruction
 51227 | Snake:3  | Bought the Compendium of Flying Boosts for 1416 gold pieces
 51234 | Snake:3  | Learned a level 6 spell: Haste
 51331 | Snake:3  | Killed Roxanne
 51650 | Slime:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Pits of Slime
 51891 | Slime:2  | Gained mutation: Potions are less effective at restoring your health. [a shining eye]
 52239 | Slime:4  | Entered Level 4 of the Pits of Slime
 52939 | Slime:4  | Reached skill level 5 in Summonings
 52947 | Slime:4  | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 53909 | Slime:4  | Found a viscous altar of Jiyva.
 54014 | Slime:4  | Noticed the Royal Jelly
 54076 | Slime:4  | Killed the Royal Jelly
 54300 | Slime:4  | Found a huge runed gate.
 54300 | Slime:4  | Found a huge runed gate.
 54301 | Slime:4  | Found a huge runed gate.
 54302 | Slime:4  | Found a huge runed gate.
 54323 | Slime:4  | Got a slimy rune of Zot
 54350 | Slime:4  | Found a huge runed gate.
 54350 | Slime:4  | Found a huge runed gate.
 54354 | Slime:4  | Found a huge runed gate.
 54355 | Slime:4  | Found a huge runed gate.
 54402 | Slime:4  | Found a huge runed gate.
 55060 | Vaults:3 | Entered Level 3 of the Vaults
 55242 | Vaults:3 | Noticed Xtahua
 55253 | Vaults:3 | Killed Xtahua
 55281 | Vaults:3 | Reached XP level 22. HP: 136/136 MP: 1/45
 55599 | Vaults:3 | Reached skill level 18 in Dodging
 55977 | Vaults:3 | Learned a level 8 spell: Lehudib's Crystal Spear
 56049 | Vaults:3 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 56339 | Vaults:3 | Noticed a golden dragon
 56355 | Vaults:3 | Killed a golden dragon
 56584 | Vaults:3 | Reached skill level 15 in Conjurations
 57072 | Vaults:3 | Noticed a golden dragon
 57076 | Vaults:3 | Killed a golden dragon
 57270 | Vaults:3 | Noticed Bai Suzhen
 57275 | Vaults:3 | Killed Bai Suzhen
 57851 | Vaults:3 | Got a silver rune of Zot

Skill      XL: |  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 |
---------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------+-----
Earth Magic    |     4  5     6  7  8  9       10    11 12    13    14 15 16    17 | 17.5
Spellcasting   |           4  5     7        8  9 10 11 12    13 14    15 16 17    | 17.8
Conjurations   |              2              4  5  7  9 10    11 12    13 14    15 | 15.3
Transmutations |                    3  4                                           |  4.4
Shields        |                       2  4                                        |  4.3
Fighting       |                       1  3  5  6     7     8  9 10 11 12 13       | 13.9
Dodging        |                       3  6  8  9 10    11 12 14 15 16    17    18 | 18.4
Stealth        |                          5     6  7  8  9 10                11 13 | 13.1
Translocations |                             3                                     |  3.4
Summonings     |                             2  3                             6  7 |  7.0
Invocations    |                                4  7  8  9                         |  9.2
Hexes          |                                3              5  7  9             |  9.5
Short Blades   |                                2  3  5  7  8                      |  8.4
Charms         |                                      3                    7       |  7.5
Necromancy     |                                      2  5  8  9 10 11             | 11.7
Evocations     |                                            5  6  8  9 10 11 12 13 | 13.3

Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 | 13-15 | 16-18 | 19-21 | 22-24 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------++-------
Melee: Unarmed           |     3 |       |       |       |       |       |       |       ||     3
       Dagger            |     2 |    55 |    70 |    39 |       |       |       |       ||   166
       Quick blade       |       |       |       |   262 |   605 |   187 |   647 |       ||  1701
       Mace              |       |       |       |   106 |    18 |       |       |       ||   124
       Staff             |       |       |       |     1 |     2 |       |       |     9 ||    12
 Cast: Sandblast         |    75 |    37 |    40 |    68 |    16 |       |       |       ||   236
       Stone Arrow       |       |    10 |    67 |    56 |    10 |       |       |       ||   143
       Lee's Rapid Decon |       |       |    15 |    94 |   151 |   263 |   218 |    51 ||   792
       Petrify           |       |       |     2 |   109 |   234 |   108 |    36 |       ||   489
       Blink             |       |       |       |     9 |     2 |     9 |    11 |       ||    31
       Iron Shot         |       |       |       |       |    32 |    92 |   189 |     5 ||   318
       Summon Butterflie |       |       |       |       |     7 |       |     4 |       ||    11
       Apportation       |       |       |       |       |    11 |     2 |     1 |     1 ||    15
       Excruciating Woun |       |       |       |       |    10 |     3 |     6 |       ||    19
       Repel Missiles    |       |       |       |       |     3 |     3 |     6 |     1 ||    13
       Ozocubu's Armour  |       |       |       |       |     5 |     1 |     2 |       ||     8
       Regeneration      |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |       ||     1
       Bolt of Draining  |       |       |       |       |       |    17 |    62 |    76 ||   155
       Invisibility      |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |     7 |       ||     9
       Animate Dead      |       |       |       |       |       |       |    15 |       ||    15
       Orb of Destructio |       |       |       |       |       |       |    38 |     1 ||    39
       Spellforged Servi |       |       |       |       |       |       |     8 |    37 ||    45
       Haste             |       |       |       |       |       |       |     7 |     8 ||    15
       Lehudib's Crystal |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     4 ||     4
       Sublimation of Bl |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 ||     1
Invok: Divine Energy     |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |       |       ||     1
Evoke: Wand              |       |       |       |     1 |       |     4 |     6 |       ||    11
  Use: Scroll            |       |       |     2 |     3 |     9 |     7 |    11 |     2 ||    34
       Potion            |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |     4 |       ||     5
 Stab: Sleeping          |       |     4 |     3 |       |     4 |     5 |     3 |       ||    19
       Petrified         |       |       |     1 |   204 |   201 |    46 |    22 |       ||   474
       Petrifying        |       |       |       |    23 |    78 |    28 |     4 |       ||   133
       Invisible         |       |       |       |       |       |     9 |    16 |       ||    25
       Distracted        |       |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |     1 ||     4
Armor: Robe              |     9 |     8 |    19 |    20 |    17 |     2 |       |       ||    75
       Troll leather arm |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |    49 |     8 ||    59
Dodge: Dodged            |    30 |    41 |    54 |   206 |   352 |   115 |   360 |    68 ||  1226
       Deflected         |       |       |       |       |     8 |    21 |    34 |    15 ||    78
Block: Buckler           |       |       |    12 |    76 |   108 |    36 |   118 |    22 ||   372

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Friday, 27th January 2017, 13:10

Unrelated points to the above:
(a) Fe and Ce have been removed, but Sp still remains (the only fast race now). Any plans to remove it?
(b) Any plans to remove spell Haste?
(c) Apportation max power is shown as 1000. Probably a bug?

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 27th January 2017, 16:50

Magic boost is getting nerfed in the next update. Sp will probably get nerfed at some point. Spell haste will get dealt with when I have time to rework spells; it's bad mechanically but I don't think it's a pressing balance concern. Apportation actually does cap at 1k power iirc, I think mainline dcss changed that recently so I'll either pull that commit or remove the spell. Going to try and goldify books this weekend based on your patch, too.

eb

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Monday, 30th January 2017, 01:20

hi I'm here to see hellmonk make crawl great again

(and to campaign for zero exp abyss and less stupid drowning/lava)

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 30th January 2017, 02:02

Time for another update.
  • In another brilliant move partially stolen from DCSS-CA, wands stack. Wand charges are slightly reduced to compensate. Recharge scrolls still exist but are probably on their way out.
  • Goldified spellbooks, largely based on bel's patch. I think I managed to avoid breaking saves, guess we'll all find out together.
  • Trog no longer lets you burn spellbooks. This feels really bad from a flavor perspective, but it was the simplest way to avoid annoying interactions now that you can't drop them (fr: trog lets you destroy a book from your library to cast range 1 fireball).
  • Beogh is disabled. The god murder tally now stands at 3.
  • Nerfed sif magic boosting down to the level of 'weak' ashenzari boosting. I'm committed to keeping this in some form, since old newsif with early book gifts had some problems with piety gain, but I'll try tweaking it again if need be.
  • Reverted orbrun teleport restrictions in all of zot. While I appreciate the intention in making zot more difficult, ultimately it was super unfun to play around and I'd rather increase zot difficulty in other ways.
  • Crystal ball of energy is re-worked into an xp-gated evoker that's still mostly useless unless you train evo. It can still int drain you, but all the other bad effects are gone.
  • Removed throwing nets. I wanted to turn ensnaring into a wand effect, but the way the code works right now this has the side-effect of creating web traps. Will try to find a workaround.
  • The stealth ego can show up on cloaks and the dexterity ego can show up on boots.
  • Slime ending now matches current trunk (partial wall collapse), rip runed door quadrants. This one's for you, gammafunk.
  • Liches get some fresh, meme-tastic speech. It's quite rare, so you might have to kite them around for a while to hear it.
I think this takes care of most of the inventory nonsense I wanted to work on. This week I'm gonna look at just how feasible full dungeon linearity with no upstairs is, but I probably won't try to implement it (yet). Expect some bullshit new zot enemies and whatever one-line changes I manage to hack out instead. Update live soon.

For this message the author Hellmonk has received thanks: 6
all before, bel, ker, nago, sanka, VeryAngryFelid

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 30th January 2017, 10:32

How much work would it be to set up some online statistics, either on IRC or on a webpage?

(In my dreams we could even organize a hellcrawl tournament, with some webpages.)

It is a little bit painful to going back to regular crawl after playing with hellcrawl - I really hate those lot of extra keypresses for eating, identification, and the endless and boring extra floors.

One feedback: I really, really like the difficulty level / difficulty curve of current hellcrawl. The very early game is actually easier, because of the lack of identification. And I like it, it makes the very early game much more varied, because you will find different things in different games. But there are really not as many "very easy" floors later. It is still true that the game gets easier as it progresses, but not so much as original crawl.

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Monday, 30th January 2017, 11:04

This is not directly answering your question, but you can "simulate" hellcrawl in normal crawl if you want to mix the two. I often play normal crawl but don't enter lair till I finish D and Orc. Even when I enter Lair, I only explore enough to discover one branch. To my mind, the other quality of life improvements (no food) are fine, but removing Lair is the single best thing in hellcrawl. You can simulate most of "no food" by using "auto_butcher=true" or "auto_butcher=hungry" option in the settings file.

I used to play with conduct "crate_crawl" earlier, so this conduct isn't too far of a stretch for me.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 30th January 2017, 11:29

Is it possible to display weapon damage as number in monster description instead of "plus damage of +0 giant spiked club"". I don't remember the damage, for example.
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Monday, 30th January 2017, 11:36

(Unrelated to above post) A suggestion:

Consider replacing paralysis with petrify. With fewer floors and items, getting resistances is a bit of a crapshoot. The others can usually be worked around, but MR is tricky, especially because you are typically at lower XL than normal, so your intrinsic MR isn't too high. I have often found myself attempting Orc with zero pips of MR, which is quite scary. Orc sorcerers can generate in D as well, so this would also help there.

Fun anecdote: I found Rupert in Orc and had no MR, so I killed him by spamming sticks to snakes. Luckily he didn't have an axe. S2S is OP.

For this message the author bel has received thanks: 2
NhorianScum, VeryAngryFelid

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Monday, 30th January 2017, 13:08

Hellmonk wrote:I think this takes care of most of the inventory nonsense I wanted to work on.

I believe Nemelex still gifts decks. Any plans to goldify decks? I like Nem a lot (apart from the inventory issues), so I wouldn't want it to be removed - if that's the direction you're going towards.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 30th January 2017, 13:21

Since I posted about a hellcrawl tournament, I had an idea: what if we organize some daily/weekly hellcrawl challenges, a little bit similar to the Casual League in the Dart Board?

My plan:
1. Since there's no support for milestones on IRC etc. now we just believe everybody's achievements by sending the morgue (or a link).
2. Only a race-class combination is given, no other restriction - hellcrawl is pretty interesting on its own.

Is anybody interested?

Zot Zealot

Post Monday, 30th January 2017, 14:33

CPO will update next week

EDIT: It's updated
Last edited by chequers on Sunday, 5th February 2017, 00:36, edited 1 time in total.

eb

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Thursday, 2nd February 2017, 01:35

Played a few games, like others already said this is so much better than regular crawl. The overall shortening is probably too hardcore for most players and certainly too radical to ever be implemented (it DOES make the game better for someone who Knows How To Play, tho) and race/class removals always get on a lot of people's nerves, but almost everything else so far has absolutely no reason to not be at least very seriously considered for implementation in the main branch. Of course a few things can't just be thrown in as they are right now (generally related to foodlessness, nothing that can't be fixed with relatively minor adjustments), but these games just reinforced my will to never play a crawl that has food, id minigame, inventory clutter, stairdancing etc ever again.

For the record, it's hilarious how food is 1. apparently supposed to be something to keep spellcasters in check even though meleedudes are absurdly easier and generally superior to begin with and 2. actually a more important antispam measure for melee since with no hunger you can berserk all the time while spellcasters are slowed down naturally by running out of mp anyway (and by the time a casterdude has the means to restore mp at a pace that allows near nonstop casting, food has most likely long stopped being a issue for most chars).

For this message the author eb has received thanks: 4
luckless, papilio, Shard1697, VeryAngryFelid
PreviousNext

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner