A Monsterkin Race?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 11th January 2017, 17:16

A Monsterkin Race?

Demonspawn body mutations are cool in a thematic way, but often a letdown in game (your +20 boots of the violet are not usable anymore! Have fun kicking people from range!).
Monstrous demonspawn is problematic, because you don't really get what you signed for.

My proposal is that of having a Monsterkin species, which is in effect a monstrous demonspawn, starting with level 1 of all body mutations and powering up during the game until you reach full size, while removing all aux attacks mutations from demonspawns and monstrous demonspawn.

This would allow for a good UC user who is living and medium sized, with decent hybridization options.

Why would it be better than monstrous demonspawn? Because you would play it if you want to play it.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 12th January 2017, 15:12

Re: A Monsterkin Race?

demonspawn have a chance to get randomly screwed over halfway into their run. to the dev mind, this is "unique" (tavern meme) and is therefore also "interesting" (another tavern meme). most importantly of all, it causes players to complain.

combine all these factors and it becomes apparent: monstrous DS will never get removed.

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 12th January 2017, 17:49

Re: A Monsterkin Race?

You get to know if you are monstrous by d:2 or whatever. Not like you just spent 8 hours playing to have your gameplan ruined (unless you are super-slow)
I'm with tasonir on this one.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner