Demon whip on KoHu

Ask fellow adventurers how to stay alive in the deep, dark, dangerous dungeon below, or share your own accumulated wisdom.

Snake Sneak

Post Monday, 9th January 2017, 14:11

Demon whip on KoHu

Hey,

So I started a kobold hunter, focussing on shortblades and xbows...
Surprisingly I am still alive and I found in a shop on the upperlevels this little gem

+10 demon whip "Oxtued" {vamp, relec, rc+, Dex+3} for 1200g

Vamp is difficult due to the hungercost...

But since I am running a kohu of oka (running engorged most times and still am in the bashy phase...) I figured, that this weapon would be worth the investment of gold (the skill investment rather is meek)...

What do you people think about that?

Would like to add morgue file but its abit difficult here via phone (I usually only play on this)

Gesendet von meinem E6833 mit Tapatalk
Last edited by Schussel on Monday, 9th January 2017, 14:29, edited 1 time in total.

Snake Sneak

Post Monday, 9th January 2017, 14:19

Re: Demon whip on KoHu

Code:

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.19.1-1-g22dce08 (webtiles) character file. BoredOne the Quickloader (Kobold Hunter) Turns: 16258, Time: 01:37:06 Health: 66/66 AC: 8 Str: 13 XL: 12 Next: 32% Magic: 18/18 EV: 19 Int: 12 God: Okawaru [****..] Gold: 512 SH: 7 Dex: 17

Spells: 0 memorised, 11 levels

left rFire + . . SeeInvis + a - +5 hand crossbow (velocity)
rCold . . . Gourm . X - +0 troll leather armour rNeg . . .
Faith . B - +0 buckler {rF+}
rPois . Spirit + y - +0 helmet rElec . Reflect . r - +0 cloak rCorr .
Harm . w - +0 pair of gloves
MR ..... u - +0 pair of boots
Stlth +++....... o - amulet of guardian spirit
m - +1 ring of evasion O - ring of see invisible
@: no status effects A: carnivore 3 a: Heroism, Renounce Religion

You are on level 1 of the Lair of Beasts. You worship Okawaru. Okawaru is greatly pleased with you. You are completely stuffed.

You have visited 3 branches of the dungeon, and seen 13 of its levels. You have also visited: Ossuary.

You have collected 820 gold pieces. You have spent 308 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:
Hand Weapons
a - a +5 hand crossbow of velocity (weapon)
h - a +1 whip of freezing
K - a +0 blowgun
M - a +4 flail of holy wrath Missiles
l - 21 bolts (quivered)
s - 8 tomahawks v - 5 silver tomahawks C - 15 poisoned needles
J - 3 curare-tipped needles

Armour

c - a +0 leather armour
g - a +1 leather armour
r - a +0 cloak (worn) u - a +0 pair of boots (worn)
w - a +0 pair of gloves (worn)
y - a +0 helmet (worn)
B - a +0 buckler of fire resistance (worn) X - a +0 troll leather armour (worn)

Rods A - a -3 rod of shadows (4/11) (You found it on level 7 of the Dungeon)

Jewellery

e - an uncursed ring of protection from magic
m - a +1 ring of evasion (right hand)
o - an amulet of guardian spirit (around neck)
O - a ring of see invisible (left hand)
Y - a +3 ring of intelligence

Wands

t - a wand of digging {empty}
T - a wand of lightning (6/15)

Scrolls j - 6 scrolls of remove curse p - a scroll of enchant armour x - a scroll of summoning G - a scroll of fog Q - a scroll of recharging R - 5 scrolls of identify U - a scroll labeled XOSEYNWEUKH W - a scroll of enchant weapon Z - a scroll labeled ZISUXU XUGRED

Potions

d - 2 potions of agility i - 5 potions of lignification k - a potion of flight n - 3 potions of brilliance q - a potion of cancellation E - a black potion F - an inky potion N - 2 potions of invisibility Books D - a book of Debilitation Spells Type Level a - Corona Hexes 1 b - Slow Hexes 2 c - Gell's Gravitas Hexes/Translocation 3 d - Inner Flame Hexes/Fire 3 e - Cause Fear Hexes 4 f - Leda's Liquefaction Hexes/Earth 4 P - a book of Changes Spells Type Level a - Beastly Appendage Transmutation 1 b - Sticks to Snakes Transmutation 2 c - Spider Form Transmutation/Poison 3 d - Ice Form Ice/Transmutation 4 e - Blade Hands Transmutation 5 V - a book of Battle Spells Type Level a - Infusion Charms 1 b - Shroud of Golubria Charms/Translocation 2 c - Song of Slaying Charms 2 d - Spectral Weapon Hexes/Charms 3 e - Regeneration Charms/Necromancy 3 Comestibles f - 6 meat rations z - 11 royal jellies H - 2 slices of pizza I - 2 beef jerkies

Skills:
- Level 3.8 Fighting
Level 5.2 Short Blades
+ Level 7.9 Maces & Flails
+ Level 12.1 Crossbows + Level 5.6 Dodging - Level 5.0 Stealth - Level 7.2 Shields - Level 9.0 Invocations You have 11 spell levels left. You don't know any spells.

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations Branches: Dungeon (11/15) Temple (1/1) D:4 Lair (1/6) D:8 Orc (0/2) D:9

Altars: Ashenzari Cheibriados Dithmenos Elyvilon Fedhas Gozag Hepliaklqana Kikubaaqudgha Makhleb Nemelex Xobeh Okawaru Qazlal Ru Sif Muna Trog Uskayaw Vehumet Xom Yredelemnul Zin The Shining One

Shops: D:4 *([( D:5 :=%}=

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations You are small and have problems with some larger weapons. You are carnivorous and can eat meat at any time.

Last edited by Schussel on Monday, 9th January 2017, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.

Snake Sneak

Post Monday, 9th January 2017, 14:23

Ok sorry it sucks to copy the morgue via app ;)

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 9th January 2017, 16:39

Kobold is one of the best species for vampiric's hunger cost, because they can get to "Full" by eating chunks instead of rations. Do not let hunger stop you. This is an excellent weapon. Buy it and use it at your first opportunity; don't forget that you can acquire gold if you get a chance to do that before you accumulate the funds. Just keep eating chunks to stay at Full or above, which is easy to do in most branches, and you can use crossbows at range and then melee with whip. This will be very powerful, and the whip is cheap; so don't neglect your defenses and use your XP savings on those, particularly Fighting.
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

For this message the author MainiacJoe has received thanks: 2
Cimanyd, Schussel

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 9th January 2017, 16:41

And pick up and use a shield for now, but don't train it too much because soon you'll be getting an arbalest or triple crossbow from Oka or the floor. You'll be using a two-handed ranged weapon, and a one-handed melee weapon, and that's okay. That whip is really good.
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Snake Sneak

Post Monday, 9th January 2017, 16:46

Thank you... I already got a buckler up and running on 5.5... Actually running Lair with okas ammostash dropping on me... +5 velo hand-xbow is a bit weak but awesome with finesse and Heroism

Feels like an uzi gunning down even deathyaks and elephants

I will heed your advice and will see how far the journey goes... With spider and shoals ahead

Barkeep

Post Monday, 9th January 2017, 19:20

Yeah that whip is totally sick, you should get it and never look back.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

For this message the author njvack has received thanks:
Schussel

Snake Sneak

Post Monday, 9th January 2017, 19:22

I am on it ... just have to get out of a little encounter involving 5 dreamsheep ...
Seriously ... who invented those ... barely made it away with an invispot ... and rng put an icebear next to me when i ran up the final stairs ... good that the pot was still kicking so i could step away and kill it ...

Btw new lesson ... dreamsheep can sleep you while they cannot see you ...if that is intended?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 9th January 2017, 23:29

Vamp hunger cost is a one-time thing. That demon whip is nuts and you will not need any ranged weapon with it, but it would be fine to train throwing.

For this message the author Rast has received thanks:
Schussel

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 10th January 2017, 06:31

Sadly rng hit me bad a short time later... First 5 dreamsheep and then a run-in with nessos in an open space... I barely escaped to meet up with a leech that caught up and sucked my poor kobold dry :(... Had to use up allmy escape scrolls to get aeay from nessos... Damn he hits hard... Well thanks for the advice, you all

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 10th January 2017, 19:40

Nessos has a super low MR, so try hex wands next time
I'm with tasonir on this one.

For this message the author Midn8 has received thanks:
Schussel

Return to Dungeon Crawling Advice