YAVP MfIE^TSO first 15 rune!

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 22nd December 2016, 07:44

YAVP MfIE^TSO first 15 rune!

YEAHH!!
Easy char, not many tries with this combo, in facts the first one i started which came to first rune was able to complete the game.
Don't have much to say about issues, since the complete game is REALLY long (almost 23 hours..) and at some points kinda boring so i had to break more often than usual. I was wrong to try cleaning hells, both for food issue and boredom, since the last required exp pips will come in pande anyway. I was just kinda conservative since i didn't know what the heck was going to happen in the extended places.
I'm still in doubt what would happen if i suddenly leave a runed pan floor. Will some message popup or will i continue traveling infinite realms waiting for the good ones?

Finally i've seen most crawl places, i just miss to complete a zig since in the first one i suddenly left after 2 floors by missclick (gosh), the second was found with the tomb figurine and had an unlucky level around 15. Didn't feel to just skip the floor with low hp (btw, does every floor start without creeps on sight? Am i able to fully regen at every new floor?) so i left something unexplored for next time.

All in all i don't think i will often go for extended since the game is both boring and spiky: way too easy tabbing 98,5% of the times, way too fast red health in the 1,5%. Worst part, recover is always possible (at least in 19.1 with the wands triad) so it's just a matter of pushin buttons. Harder chars may be better? Dunno, i guess that some which always require carefull exploration through ALL the dcss world would be worth only when leading a fairly high euro or dollars income :lol:

Time for MuCj, probably 3~5 rune ;) Is Makhleb good for it?

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.19.1 (tiles) character file.

9830283 1612-merf the Intangible (level 27, 273/273 HPs)
             Began as a Merfolk Ice Elementalist on Dec 16, 2016.
             Was a High Priest of the Shining One (penitent).
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 15 runes on Dec 22, 2016!

The game lasted 22:49:45 (176201 turns).

Thanks for comments as usual.
Attachments
morgue-1612-merf-20161222-081117_V_ESCAPE_MfIE-TSO_15rune.txt
(103.26 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

For this message the author neverEnough has received thanks:
VeryAngryFelid

Zot Zealot

Post Thursday, 22nd December 2016, 11:15

neverEnough wrote:first 15 rune!

Congrats!

neverEnough wrote:I was wrong to try cleaning hells, both for food issue and boredom

Most players just dive when they are in the hell's branches.

neverEnough wrote: I was just kinda conservative since i didn't know what the heck was going to happen in the extended places.

Now you know a bit more.

neverEnough wrote:I'm still in doubt what would happen if i suddenly leave a runed pan floor. Will some message popup or will i continue traveling infinite realms waiting for the good ones?

If you leave a floor with the demonic rune it will appear later on other floors. If you try to leave the realm of cerebov / lom / gloorx / mnoleg without rune the game will give you a warning and ask you to confirm. In this case, the rune wouldn't show up again.

neverEnough wrote: i just miss to complete a zig

That's not necessary. Zig is a bonus branch for getting XP and items. For many chars the deep zig floors are the hardest places in the game. Ok, if you worship Sif / Veh and have fire storm castable it's not too difficult to do 27 floors. But for many other chars it's an unnecessary risk. Depending on my char, mood and loot I usually do something like 8 - 14 zig levels.

neverEnough wrote:Thanks for comments as usual.

You're welcome.

For this message the author Turukano has received thanks:
neverEnough

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 22nd December 2016, 16:03

Re: YAVP MfIE^TSO first 15 rune!

No, Makhleb is awful for MuCj. It does not help you kill things, you typically have 0 MP and full HP so heal on kills is useless and it requires training Invo for summons when you already have problems with aptitudes.
Vehumet is the best for MuCj, you will have MP on kills, wizardry to help with bad aptitudes and extended range for spells which makes it easier to run away (and you will need to run away for sure).
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

For this message the author VeryAngryFelid has received thanks:
neverEnough

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too