New Hosted Branch: Thorn God

Although the central place for design discussion is ##crawl-dev on freenode, some may find it helpful to discuss requests and suggestions here first.

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 00:46

New Hosted Branch: Thorn God

There's a new experimental branch up on CBRO for a new thorn god, here's an overview of the god:

Wudzu the Untamed (Yes it's a bad name, it was Udzu then Uskayaw was made so consider this a placeholder name)

The god of wild plants and natural selection. Followers forgo the use of most armour, instead becoming encased by ever-growing masses of thorns. These thorns provide protection and various unique benefits. Followers will also be able to harness the destructive powers of plants by unleashing constricting vines and spreading massive briar patches.

Udzu appreciates it when worshipers demonstrate survival of the fittest (killing things).

Upon worship:
Armor of Thorns: So long as you worship Udzu you cannot wear body armor, regardless of piety level.
-Races that can wear body armour start with +6 AC, scales up to +14 AC at champion.
-Races that cannot wear body armour start with +3 AC, scales up to +7 AC at champion.
* Spiny 1
** Vestment of Thorns: Dense natural growths cover more of your body. Choose one of the given slots. So long as you worship Udzu you cannot wear aux armour in that slot. If it was a slot you could use, you get +3 AC, otherwise +1 AC. Depending on the slot you also get a certain unique benefit (see below)
*** Active: Summon Vines. Cost: 5 MP, moderate piety and hunger. Summons 1 to 3 snaplasher vines near you (how many you can get depends on invoc skill). Their HD and duration also rise with increasing invocations.
**** Regalia of Thorns: Same as vestment, but the other two slots
***** Active: Briar Patch. Cost: 7 MP, high piety and hunger. Smite targeted briar growth. The space you select and the 8 surrounding spaces will grow briars (the things that thorn hunters grow) if the space is open. Their HD and duration increase with invocations. The briars are friendly to you, but you cannot walk through them.

Vestment and Regalia of thorns:
Upon initial Udzu worship, 2 of the aux slots are randomly assigned to vestment, the other 2 go to regalia. The selection is permanent. In addition to the AC, the following unique benefits are granted for picking a given slot:
hat: retaliatory headbutt, clarity
gloves: chance to poison enemies when you melee attack
cloak: spiny 3, immunity to webs (they are destroyed as you step on them), nets are always destroyed with 1 struggle
boots: 5% chance that an enemy melee attack will fail

God Wrath:
The only way to anger Udzu is abandonment. Wrath effects include summoning of hostile snaplasher vines, shambling mangroves (higher XL) and thorn hunters (even higher XL). If already in combat, also possible to be hit with thorns/skewered, or force-lignified.

For this message the author MorganLeah has received thanks: 8
and into, Arrhythmia, Cimanyd, dpeg, n1000, removeelyvilon, tedric, WalkerBoh

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 01:11

Re: New Hosted Branch: Thorn God

I'm seeing a huge theme overlap here with Fedhas, they both do different things but the theme is just too similar in my opinion. We're going to have two different gods of plants now?

I'm also not convinced that what this god offers is even good, like in what world is a 5% chance to not take damage from a melee attack or immunity to stepping onto webs (only slightly relevant in one branch that might not even generate) actually considered tangible benefits? I feel like you could remove both of those things and there would be effectively no difference in the god's strengths

That being said, I like the idea of giving up body slots to receive divine armor. Seems kind of similar to Ru but is sufficiently different enough to not feel like it's treading on his territory. However, the snaplasher vines would have to be really really good in order for me to justify taking this god. I want to like this god but first impressions I feel like it needs to be refined a bit (feels like there is a whole bunch of different random things going on here) and should have a theme that doesn't overlap so heavily with an existing god (Fedhas). Will test later.

For this message the author Laraso has received thanks: 3
Leszczynek, MorganLeah, VeryAngryFelid

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 01:58

cloak slot gives you spiny 3 so it's miles and miles better than the other slots to put thorns in. none of the others matter in comparison. IMO, make thorns on cloak and boots slots each increase spiny by 1 tier, and remove the other benefits for those slots.

god seems really good for any dodgy character, as well as any caster period. big AC with no ER is really strong, spiny for certain is really strong, and the vines are also really strong atm.
had like 23 ac/20 ev by d11 on current character, with strong summons in the vines and easily able to get spells like animate dead castable in the future because of no ER. and spiny 3 makes melee combat easy for the most part even without huge defenses.

For this message the author Shard1697 has received thanks:
nago

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 02:07

I am not sure. I sacrificed gloves and boots for Tr who cannot use them anyway and I see that 5% chance to avoid attacks and poison melee are very useful too.
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 02:13

As good as spiny 3 on a troll? I doubt it.

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 02:50

Laraso wrote:I'm seeing a huge theme overlap here with Fedhas, they both do different things but the theme is just too similar in my opinion. We're going to have two different gods of plants now?

the Griggy thread wrote:Fedhas' sibling shares the god's affinity for flora but relishes the pestilential spread of brambles rather than the maintenance of the natural order.

See the original discussion if you like.

For this message the author n1000 has received thanks:
Laraso

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 02:54

Rethink poison melee. Not a mechanic you want to double down on.
The Original Discourse Respecter

For this message the author goodcoolguy has received thanks:
scorpionwarrior

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 03:00

by the way, briar patch is pretty cool but we gotta get the bed of nails capstone ability!

n1000 wrote:***** Active: Bed of Nails: Spines emerge from the ground across LOS which act like Leda's Liquefaction + barbs for all monsters walking across them (costs mp and piety)

bad ass

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 03:06

"Your snaplasher vine writhes in pain as voices assail its mind."

hot tentacle on tentacle action

On a more serious note snaplashers can sometimes be quite annoying because they take up multiple tiles, cannot make way for you, and with invo training you get multiple of them and they last a while.

Which means you can get stuck while they block the only way out for a long while:

For this message the author Shard1697 has received thanks: 3
MorganLeah, n1000, VeryAngryFelid

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 03:10

n1000 wrote:
the Griggy thread wrote:Fedhas' sibling shares the god's affinity for flora but relishes the pestilential spread of brambles rather than the maintenance of the natural order.

Ah, well I feel like that should have been mentioned in the header post here.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 03:18

Shard1697 wrote:As good as spiny 3 on a troll? I doubt it.

it's just a different concept, defense instead of offense. spiny 3 does not prevent incoming damage, 5% chance to evade attacks and poison melee does. also sacrificing empty slots means I got some AC for free.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 03:27

Neither poison melee nor spiny prevent incoming damage, they both just let you kill things quicker.

For this message the author Shard1697 has received thanks:
Cimanyd

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 04:36

Shard1697 wrote:Neither poison melee nor spiny prevent incoming damage, they both just let you kill things quicker.

with poison melee of UC troll I one-shot things pretty often, monsters die on their turn due to poison sometimes. if I was optimal player, I would just retreat after poisoning them.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 04:53

Tried it on a TeAE, splatted in Orc due to laziness.

Ditto that the aux slots are currently no-brainers: spiny 3 is much, much better than a slight EV boost; clarity before Lair/Orc (even with a very late temple) is infinitely better than poison attacks because clarity protects against a bunch of the more dangerous monsters you're about to meet while poison is already falling off in usefulness.

The spines/armour were a definite power boost in melee for a Tengu, and maybe it's just because I already had limited armour slots, but it didn't feel like I was making much of a tradeoff for it. I like the vines/brambles abilities, but didn't use them often enough to figure out if they have uses that are distinct from other allies and escape tools.

Overall this felt like "god of make any character a lesser demonspawn with a fixed mutation set".
Wins (Does not include my GrEE^Veh 15-runer...stupid experimental branch)

For this message the author tedric has received thanks: 2
Lord Haart, MorganLeah

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 05:58

n1000 wrote:by the way, briar patch is pretty cool but we gotta get the bed of nails capstone ability!

n1000 wrote:***** Active: Bed of Nails: Spines emerge from the ground across LOS which act like Leda's Liquefaction + barbs for all monsters walking across them (costs mp and piety)

bad ass

that's cool and all but it just encourages kiting with this god even more

e: I agree that the choices should probably become set progressions like what happened with Hep. Maybe I'm wrong but poison melee and spiny 3 seem way better early-game than headbutt/clarity and 1/20 chance of melee faltering (early clarity might make this a better mummy god than gozag, other races can just "use tactics" I guess like everyone says for Mut attacks)
Last edited by scorpionwarrior on Monday, 3rd October 2016, 06:10, edited 3 times in total.
"No one should have two lives / Now you know my middle names are wrong and right / But baby there's no guidance / When random rules"

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 06:24

Just completed a game with Wudzu(as merfolk), finishing with what I'm sure was an appallingly badly played Zot 5 for my spectators(we will never speak of that berserk potion again).

I do honestly have fun with this god, but it feels sort of awkward at the same time. Basically I like being able to get like +11-14 AC with no ER on any character, because it lets you play a more dodgy/spell focused character without being extremely fragile(even though this last game the only useful 'hybrid' spells I found were animate dead and regen), and I like the idea of having choices between aux slot sacrifices which offer different rewards. However...
  • Like I said before, right now I think the aux slot choices are a no brainer. Poison is rarely meaningful past the earlygame(and I never like kiting), Clarity is fairly niche, and 5% dodge chance, while better than those two, still just isn't as good as a jump from spiny 1 to spiny 3. I would like to see 2 different slots each increasing your spiny level by 1, and possibly some sort of resists for the other 2 choices. Stuff like the miss chance and 'shred nets/webs' seem kind of awkwardly implemented.
    Alternatively, start at Spiny 1, and gain a level of Spiny with each aux slot you sacrifice(so that you always end up at Spiny 3), and then each sacrifice also has a more minor, unique benefit.
  • Speaking of 5% passive "enemy fails to hit" chance... why isn't this just an EV increase? Dodge chance is what the EV stat exists for, having an additional 5% dodge chance tacked on that only shows up on your ^ screen is very odd.
  • The vines are very strong for most of the game, and misplaced as an ability. Simply put, they are much stronger than the briar patch power, especially with invo investment, and remained useful for me most of the way through the game. It's basically just a better version of Summon Forest... which is a level 5 dualschool spell. Once you get this power, as long as you train invo you can basically beat every dangerous fight for quite a long time just by using it. And then there's the mentioned problems with traveling through the vines-because they are multi-tile creatures, they cannot ever make way for you, and they take up many tiles when you summon multiple at once, so it creates a lot of hassle in getting around during or sometimes after a fight(and also a lot of visual noise). I feel like this ability at least needs to switch places with briar patch(in when you unlock it and piety cost), and possibly ought to just not be part of the god's kit at all. Wudzu already gives you AC with 0 ER, which means you can cast spells very easily-shouldn't you actually be learning summoning spells to take advantage of the god's main selling point, having AC but casting spells easily, instead of just having a god ability which is better than most summons you could learn for far less investment? What summoning spells would I even learn on this god?
  • If this god was to make it into the main branch, I would want to see Spiny as a Ds mutation removed. As other people have said, Ds already have 3 different "revenge on damage" mutations, and now Spiny also exists on a god which is a bit redundant.
I played as Merfolk this game, but there are 2 more species I want to try this god out with: Ogre, to see how strong the advantage of not having to wait for enchantable hides is, and Felid, to gain AC on a species which normally has basically none.

For this message the author Shard1697 has received thanks: 7
Brannock, Cimanyd, MorganLeah, nago, scorpionwarrior, VeryAngryFelid, WalkerBoh

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 06:46

God of Dragon form and Felids?
Korean DCSS player. Want to share the opinions of Korean users with western players, thanks.

http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/kimnosuk.html

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 07:46

kimnosuk wrote:God of Dragon form and Felids?

Does this gosh dang deity give you GDR?
duvessa wrote:teleportitis is annoying but i dont think you could ever convince me it is dangerous, let alone crippling

duvessa wrote:DCSS Go: jump down the nearest manhole and fully explore the sewers before you go back out

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 08:50

Seems like you get +7 ac at max piety regardless of whether you can use body armor or not. What's the deal?
The Original Discourse Respecter

For this message the author goodcoolguy has received thanks:
VeryAngryFelid

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 12:34

Shard1697 wrote:Ogre, to see how strong the advantage of not having to wait for enchantable hides is

It's very powerful, I have troll with AC 17, EV 17 after clearing Lair, Orc and main dungeon. That's with Level 10.4 Dodging. http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/ ... dman25.txt

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 14:58

I did a DsMo and gave up my feet slot instead of shoulders because I was losing that slot anyway. I've cleared D, lair, and orc. I'm finding in midgame I do not have enough EV or resists to make up for the loss of body armor and other slots, even with having to spend 0 xp on armor skill.

I am at 24/20 defenses with +2 cloak/gloves and 10 dodging. I have no rF, rCorr, rNeg, Elec, only rC is from a ring of ice. Now in all fairness, I got a couple potions out of all four orc shops and I have found zero non-weapon or body armor artefacts. But I would still have at least a single resist from body armor and probably something on the helm that would let me use a different ring.

The vines are cool but at 13 invoke they are far too fragile. The times I used them when I saw a tough fight coming they got shredded almost instantly (2 vines dying to 2 ugly things + 1 confused ugly thing, vine dying in 1 turn to a melial). Doesn't let me bring them out with any confidence they are going to do anything worth a damn. Briars are useful but severely underpowered compared to the capstone of at any other "invoke" god.

I'm prepared to like this god but it needs to help me win. Overall I think if you take something away from players they would like to have the idea they are getting something back that is more valuable. They are going to find nice gloves and wonder why the hell they gave them up. They are going to get rocked by a big hit and wonder what it might be like to have GDR. Their next game, they will play a god that offers similar advantages without sacrifice.

Hardly any of the lost slots seem worth it. Clarity is nice but once you have high MR various mind fucks are just about a non-issue. 5% melee-only damage reduction is similarly less appealing than running, flight, maybe even stealth. Poison proc, don't get me started, maybe if you find the altar on D1 and are going to switch to a better god at temple. The cloak slot is a neat idea, it's probably the only one worth giving up.

In the long run, none of these are better than getting a decent randart or fixedart. You WILL find those, so the longer you go in the game the bigger the loss of the slot looms. Same with body armor, even a dodgy character will eventually get a hell of a lot more from their body armor slot. TBQH, even with some changes I don't know that we need another god that gets worse the further you get into the game.

This seems like a great diety for races that can't wear dragon armor or heavier and already lose armor slots. Think it needs work if you want it to have a broader appeal. AC and thorns are neat, the choice of powers are neat and I assume mistakes like the poison power will be corrected. I like the flavor and the powers thematically. Giving the players the option of what slots to lose makes for interesting choices. Invocable constrict or root would be a fun addition.

For this message the author araganzar has received thanks: 2
MorganLeah, VeryAngryFelid

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 15:03

Also, can we include the hairy sasquatch in this branch so we can try a Ba^Wu?

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 17:02

Weird, I thought I was banned. Well anyway, I finished a game with Wudzu:

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.19-a0-1772-g09c4438 (webtiles) character file.

1539376 removeelyvilon the Conqueror (level 27, 249/249 HPs)
             Began as a Demonspawn Gladiator on Oct 3, 2016.
             Was a High Priest of Wudzu.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 3 runes!

The game lasted 04:37:38 (90032 turns).

removeelyvilon the Conqueror (DsGl)                Turns: 90032, Time: 04:37:39

Health: 249/249    AC: 26    Str: 20    XL:     27
Magic:  32/32      EV: 35    Int: 10    God:    Wudzu [*****.]
Gold:   5369       SH:  0    Dex: 22    Spells: 8 memorised, 5 levels left

rFire  + + .      SeeInvis +    a - +8 lajatang (slice)
rCold  + + .      Gourm    .    (armour unavailable)
rNeg   . . .      Faith    .    (shield currently unavailable)
rPois  +          Spirit   +    (helmet unavailable)
rElec  +          Dismiss  .    y - +2 cloak {+Inv}
rCorr  +          Reflect  .    (gloves unavailable)
MR     ++...      Harm     .    V - +2 pair of boots of Ladders and Snakes {rC+ rCorr Dex+2 SInv}
Stlth  ++........ Clarity  +    x - amulet "Jiergh" {RegenMP rElec}
                  Rnd*Tele +    s - ring of protection from fire
                                J - ring of Altruism {rF+ EV+6 SInv}

@: no status effects
A: claws 2, horns 3, slimy green scales 3, blurry vision 1, cold resistance 1,
deformed body, deterioration 2, dopey 1, low mp 1, poison resistance, powered by
pain 3, slow regeneration 1, teleportitis 1, augmentation 3, magic shield, magic
regeneration, magic link, MP-powered wands
a: Summon Vines, Briar Patch, Renounce Religion, Evoke Invisibility
0: Orb of Zot
}: 3/15 runes: barnacled, slimy, gossamer

You escaped.
You worshipped Wudzu.
Wudzu was extremely pleased with you.
You were not hungry.

You visited 11 branches of the dungeon, and saw 54 of its levels.
You visited the Abyss 2 times.
You also visited: Sewer and Ice Cave.

You collected 6365 gold pieces.
You spent 996 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand Weapons
 a - a +8 lajatang of slicing (weapon)
 b - the +5 longbow "Daluji" {velocity, *Corrode rPois rF+++ Dex+6}
   (You found it on level 1 of the Shoals)   

Any arrow fired from it inflicts extra damage.

It affects your dexterity (+6).
   It renders you almost immune to fire.
   It protects you from poison.
   It may corrode you when you take damage.
Missiles
 u - 10 throwing nets (quivered)
 I - 1378 arrows
Armour
 y - a +2 cloak of invisibility (worn)
 V - the +2 pair of boots of Ladders and Snakes (worn) {rC+ rCorr Dex+2 SInv}
   (You found it on level 5 of the Pits of Slime)   

It affects your dexterity (+2).
   It protects you from cold.
   It lets you see invisible.
   It protects you from acid and corrosion.
Rods
 r - a +4 lightning rod (12/12)
   (You found it on level 5 of the Pits of Slime)
Jewellery
 d - an uncursed ring of protection from magic
 s - a ring of protection from fire (right claw)
 w - an uncursed ring of protection from cold
 x - the amulet "Jiergh" (around neck) {RegenMP rElec}
   (You found it in an ice cave)   

[amulet of magic regeneration]

It increases your magic regeneration.
   It insulates you from electricity.
 z - an uncursed ring of protection from cold
 C - an uncursed ring of positive energy
 J - the ring of Altruism (left claw) {rF+ EV+6 SInv}
   (You took it off a deep elf elementalist on level 3 of the Elven Halls)   

[ring of evasion]

It affects your evasion (+6).
   It protects you from fire.
 O - an uncursed ring of protection from magic
Wands
 l - a wand of heal wounds (5/9)
 E - a wand of digging (7/24)
 H - a wand of hasting (4/9)
 R - a wand of confusion (18/48)
Scrolls
 f - a scroll of amnesia
 j - 7 scrolls of fear
 k - 3 scrolls of teleportation
 n - 24 scrolls of remove curse
 t - 5 scrolls of immolation
 v - 3 scrolls of magic mapping
 A - 6 scrolls of recharging
 L - 4 scrolls of blinking
 T - a scroll of summoning
 X - 7 scrolls of identify
 Y - 2 scrolls of fog
Potions
 e - 2 potions of heal wounds
 g - 4 potions of berserk rage
 m - a potion of ambrosia
 o - 18 potions of curing
 B - 5 potions of magic
 F - 11 potions of brilliance
 G - 4 potions of agility
 M - 2 potions of invisibility
 P - 6 potions of lignification
 Q - 6 potions of haste
 S - a potion of resistance
 Z - 9 potions of flight
Miscellaneous
 h - a box of beasts
 K - a fan of gales
 N - 12 phantom mirrors
 U - a phial of floods
 W - a lamp of fire
Comestibles
 i - 4 beef jerkies
 q - 11 meat rations
 D - 42 fruits

Skills:
 O Level 27 Fighting
 - Level 14.0 Staves
 - Level 17.9 Bows
 - Level 1.7 Throwing
 - Level 5.4 Armour
 - Level 17.3 Dodging
 - Level 8.2 Stealth
 - Level 3.1 Charms
 - Level 3.3 Summonings
 - Level 15.0 Necromancy
 - Level 5.0 Translocations
 - Level 18.1 Invocations
 + Level 18.0 Evocations

You had 5 spell levels left.
You knew the following spells:

Your Spells              Type           Power        Failure   Level  Hunger
a - Apportation           Tloc           ###.......   6%          1    ##.....
b - Blink                 Tloc           N/A          10%         2    ###....
c - Shroud of Golubria    Chrm/Tloc      ###.......   12%         2    ###....
d - Portal Projectile     Tloc           ###...       14%         3    ####...
e - Summon Butterflies    Summ           ##......     12%         1    ##.....
f - Regeneration          Chrm/Necr      #####.....   2%          3    ####...
g - Animate Dead          Necr           N/A          1%          4    #####..
h - Cigotuvi's Embrace    Necr           ######....   1%          5    ######.

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (15/15)            Temple (1/1) D:6            Lair (6/6) D:11
 Shoals (4/4) Lair:4       Spider (4/4) Lair:3        Slime (5/5) Lair:6
    Orc (2/2) D:11            Elf (3/3) Orc:2        Vaults (4/5) D:14
  Crypt (0/3) Vaults:2     Depths (5/5) D:15            Zot (5/5) Depths:5

Altars:
Ashenzari
Dithmenos
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Gozag
Hepliaklqana
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Qazlal
Ru
Sif Muna
Trog
Uskayaw
Vehumet
Wudzu
Xom
Yredelemnul
Zin
The Shining One
Beogh

Shops:
D:4 (   D:9 ?   D:13 !   D:14 !   Orc:2 ?(=[*   Shoals:1 (   Vaults:2 !
Vaults:4 [

Portals:
Hell: Depths:1 Depths:2 Depths:3 Depths:4* Depths:5
Abyss: Depths:3 Depths:4
Pandemonium: Depths:2 Depths:3 Depths:5
Ziggurat: Depths:2

Annotations:
D:3 apoch's ghost, amateur OgHu
Lair:6 exclusion: 2 oklob plants

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You have a pair of large horns on your head.
You are completely covered in slimy green scales. (AC +4, rPois)
You are powered by pain.
Your magical and physical power is greatly enhanced at high health.
When hurt, damage is shared between your health and your magic reserves.
You regenerate magic rapidly.
When low on magic, you restore magic in place of health.
You have very sharp fingernails.
Scrolls take you a little longer to read.
Your flesh is cold resistant. (rC+)
Armour fits poorly on your strangely shaped body.
Your body often deteriorates upon taking damage.
You are dopey. (Int -2)
Your magical capacity is low. (-10% MP)
Your system is resistant to poisons. (rPois)
You regenerate slowly when monsters are visible.
You are occasionally teleported next to monsters.
You expend magic power (3 MP) to strengthen your wands.

Message History

The hellwing misses you. The hellwing completely misses you.
You barely miss the hellwing.
You slice the hellwing!!
The hellwing is severely wounded.
The hellwing barely misses you. x2
You barely miss the hellwing. You headbutt the hellwing!!
You kill the hellwing!
Wudzu accepts your kill.
No target in view!
No target in view!
There is a stone staircase leading up here.
You climb upwards.
There is a stone staircase leading down here.
Unknown command.
Your magical contamination has completely faded away.
You see here a club.
You see here a club.
There is an open gate here.
There is a staircase leading out of the dungeon here.
You have escaped!

#.#
     #.#
     #.#
     #.#
     #.#
######.#
#.#.8#.#
#..#'#.#
#@.#'..#
#..#'###
#.#.8#
######

There were no monsters in sight!

Vanquished Creatures
  the Royal Jelly (Slime:5)
  7 orbs of fire
  5 ancient liches (Zot:5)
  A curse toe (Zot:3)
  3 Killer Klowns
  3 caustic shrikes
  7 golden dragons
  Nikola (Elf:3)
  Jory (Vaults:4)
  Arachne (Spider:2)
  5 liches
  A Hell Sentinel (Abyss:3)
  3 electric golems
  Rupert (Lair:4)
  22 tentacled monstrosities
  A pandemonium lord (Zot:3)
  26 Orb Guardians
  Asterion (Depths:2)
  3 deep elf blademasters
  Frances (D:12)
  2 titans
  6 quicksilver dragons
  18 acid blobs
  A deep elf master archer (Elf:3)
  A kraken (Shoals:1)
  5 sphinxes
  2 tentacled starspawn
  12 death cobs
  Polyphemus (Shoals:2)
  Kirke (Lair:4)
  5 shadow dragons
  11 storm dragons
  5 tengu reavers
  3 draconian monks
  Ilsuiw (Shoals:4)
  4 azure jellies
  7 draconian knights
  7 fire giants
  2 iron dragons (Depths:3)
  5 emperor scorpions
  3 draconian scorchers
  13 frost giants
  5 ghost moths
  7 deep elf sorcerers
  2 balrugs
  Louise (Depths:4)
  11 vault wardens
  A cacodemon (Abyss:3)
  2 draconian zealots
  Aizul (Vaults:1)
  19 ironheart preservers
  8 deep elf elementalists (Elf:3)
  2 draconian annihilators
  An angel (Abyss:3)
  A ghoul (Vaults:4)
  A caustic shrike skeleton (Depths:3)
  A spriggan defender (Depths:3)
  21 very ugly things
  4 entropy weavers
  4 green draconians
  6 vampire knights
  3 draconian callers
  15 stone giants
  11 deep elf demonologists
  A dire elephant (D:15)
  7 black draconians
  11 deep elf annihilators
  A lorocyproca (Depths:4)
  11 red draconians
  9 mottled draconians
  2 spark wasps
  12 yellow draconians
  5 purple draconians
  9 white draconians
  9 ettins
  A merfolk javelineer (Shoals:4)
  5 deep elf death magi
  A green death (Depths:5)
  2 jiangshi
  Snorg (D:12)
  20 merfolk impalers
  16 fire dragons
  16 yaktaur captains
  4 deep elf high priests
  Josephine (Lair:4)
  3 death oozes (Slime:5)
  10 ice dragons
  8 hydras
  A hell beast (Zot:2)
  Erolcha (D:11)
  16 great orbs of eyes
  5 rakshasas
  8 centaur warriors
  16 vault guards
  4 merfolk avatars
  A catoblepas (Shoals:2)
  2 spriggan air magi
  3 death knights
  34 dancing weapons
  4 satyrs
  Erica (D:8)
  10 deep troll earth magi
  An alligator snapping turtle (Shoals:4)
  3 merfolk aquamancers (Shoals:4)
  3 vampire magi (Depths:3)
  3 hell hogs (Abyss:5)
  5 deep troll shamans
  18 death yaks
  15 ogre magi
  2 tengu warriors
  Urug (Orc:1)
  5 spriggan berserkers
  3 thrashing horrors (Abyss:5)
  A sun demon (Depths:4)
  5 orc high priests
  3 spriggans
  31 deep elf knights
  4 wretched stars
  Nergalle (D:12)
  4 hell knights
  A shock serpent (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  2 soul eaters
  4 sixfirhies
  3 skeletal warriors (Vaults:2)
  A salamander mystic (Depths:2)
  A shadow wraith (Vaults:4)
  The ghost of ShutUppercut the Spear-Bearer, a novice CeGl of Wudzu (D:8)
  A glowing orange brain (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  A spatial maelstrom (Abyss:5)
  A shadow demon (D:15)
  2 iron trolls (Depths:2)
  A sea snake (shapeshifter) (Depths:4)
  3 flayed ghosts
  A deep troll (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  3 glowing orange brains
  A torturous demonspawn (D:3)
  11 hill giants
  11 wizards
  17 sea snakes
  4 unseen horrors
  Pikel (D:8)
  16 deep elf archers
  A hill giant (shapeshifter) (Vaults:2)
  29 deep trolls
  17 harpies
  18 orc knights
  14 ironbrand convokers
  2 necromancers
  An oklob plant (Shoals:4)
  37 ugly things
  10 fauns
  9 hornets
  2 salamanders (Depths:2)
  40 wolf spiders
  2 salamanders (shapeshifter)
  7 large abominations
  An orb spider (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  20 orb spiders
  79 deep elf magi
  6 shining eyes
  A moth of wrath (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  7 orc sorcerers
  6 cyclopes
  16 manticores
  16 moths of wrath
  5 elephants (Lair:3)
  A frost giant skeleton (Vaults:4)
  Maurice (D:11)
  An apocalypse crab (Abyss:5)
  9 sirens
  4 rust devils
  A guardian serpent (shapeshifter) (Depths:1)
  10 black mambas
  A fire giant skeleton (Vaults:4)
  12 vault sentinels
  4 smoke demons
  4 water nymphs
  2 orange demons (Abyss:3)
  2 gargoyles
  A titan simulacrum (Vaults:4)
  3 ice statues (IceCv)
  A torpor snail (Spider:1)
  8 spiny frogs
  2 eyes of devastation
  A human zombie (Vaults:2)
  A spiny frog (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  3 kobold demonologists
  5 rime drakes
  16 demonic crawlers
  8 komodo dragons
  An efreet (D:15)
  A rime drake (shapeshifter) (Depths:4)
  39 yaktaurs
  3 freezing wraiths
  2 komodo dragons (shapeshifter)
  5 hellwings
  2 ancient zymes
  A red devil (Depths:2)
  3 ice devils
  A redback zombie (D:15)
  26 merfolk
  A troll (shapeshifter) (Vaults:1)
  4 tengu conjurers
  41 jumping spiders
  A jumping spider (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  A meliai (shapeshifter) (Depths:4)
  A wolf spider simulacrum (Vaults:1)
  2 queen bees (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  12 trolls
  A hornet zombie (D:15)
  16 blink frogs
  2 raiju
  102 slime creatures
  26 two-headed ogres
  6 snapping turtles
  4 dream sheep
  7 wind drakes
  14 hippogriffs
  A fire giant simulacrum (Vaults:1)
  A snapping turtle (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  A stone giant simulacrum (Abyss:3)
  A hippogriff (shapeshifter) (Elf:2)
  3 ynoxinuls
  8 air elementals
  A shadow (D:14)
  A tarantella (shapeshifter) (Depths:4)
  14 water elementals
  A wyvern (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  A vampire (D:15)
  4 wyverns
  117 redbacks
  16 starcursed masses
  47 yaks
  9 wraiths
  32 tarantellas
  2 fire elementals (Elf:3)
  A golden eye (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  7 golden eyes
  A hog (shapeshifter) (Elf:3)
  4 humans (Lair:5)
  3 basilisks
  2 hogs (Lair:4)
  A steam dragon (D:11)
  2 neqoxecs
  4 chaos spawn
  A mottled dragon (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  11 vampire mosquitoes
  A hungry ghost (D:12)
  11 wargs
  A soldier ant (D:12)
  4 swamp worms (Lair:2)
  6 mottled dragons
  A soldier ant (shapeshifter) (D:13)
  A spatial vortex (Abyss:5)
  9 water moccasins
  13 porcupines
  3 swamp drakes (Lair:6)
  A sky beast (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  6 sky beasts
  2 slaves (D:8)
  2 phantoms
  71 orc warriors
  7 wasps
  A black bear (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  2 necrophages
  54 ogres
  An ogre (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  An eye of draining (shapeshifter) (Depths:4)
  9 ice beasts
  3 eyes of draining
  14 boggarts
  An elf skeleton (Vaults:4)
  19 crocodiles
  18 centaurs
  A human skeleton (Vaults:2)
  3 big kobolds
  21 bullfrogs
  5 small abominations (Abyss:3)
  A gnoll sergeant (Orc:1)
  3 earth elementals
  A wyvern zombie (D:15)
  A scorpion (D:7)
  9 killer bees
  A human simulacrum (Vaults:2)
  17 wights
  4 electric eels
  7 howler monkeys
  13 crimson imps
  A howler monkey (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  5 centaur zombies
  3 quasits
  A bullfrog zombie (D:5)
  11 hounds
  4 jellies
  40 orc priests
  A bullfrog skeleton (D:9)
  6 centaur skeletons
  18 iguanas
  36 orc wizards
  9 worker ants
  A hound skeleton (D:4)
  3 worker ant zombies
  18 gnolls
  54 river rats
  27 adders
  4 shadow imps
  4 white imps
  2 ufetubi
  13 oozes
  2 adder skeletons
  3 adder zombies (D:5)
  16 worms
  2 dart slugs (D:2)
  12 leopard geckos
  112 orcs
  5 bats
  12 giant cockroaches
  4 goblins
  7 hobgoblins
  9 jackals
  5 quokkas
  16 ball pythons
  12 frilled lizards
  A jackal skeleton (D:8)
  7 kobolds
  5 rats
  2 crawling corpses (Vaults:3)
  5 plants
  2 tentacles (Shoals:1)
2720 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (collateral kills)
  An ancient lich (Zot:5)
  An electric golem (Zot:5)
  An Orb Guardian (Zot:5)
  A deep elf master archer (Elf:3)
  Donald (Spider:2)
  An azure jelly (Slime:5)
  A vault warden (Vaults:1)
  An orc warlord (Orc:2)
  A draconian annihilator (Zot:2)
  A deep elf death mage (Elf:3)
  A merfolk avatar (Shoals:1)
  A death yak (Shoals:2)
  A deep elf knight (Elf:2)
  2 deep elf archers
  An ironbrand convoker (Vaults:2)
  2 wolf spiders
  A hornet (Spider:4)
  2 orb spiders (Spider:4)
  A deep elf mage (Elf:1)
  An ugly thing (D:11)
  A vault sentinel (Vaults:2)
  A siren (Shoals:3)
  A moth of wrath (Zot:5)
  A yaktaur (Vaults:4)
  2 merfolk (Shoals:1)
  A jumping spider (Spider:3)
  7 redbacks
  3 golden eyes (Slime:3)
  A boggart (Depths:1)
  A crimson imp (D:11)
  3 river rats (Lair:4)
  A crawling corpse (Elf:3)
  A plant (Lair:4)
47 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (others)
  A tentacled starspawn (Abyss:5)
  A deep elf sorcerer (Elf:3)
  A draconian scorcher (Zot:4)
  A draconian zealot (Zot:5)
  A deep elf annihilator (Elf:3)
  A white draconian (Zot:2)
  A rakshasa (Depths:3)
  A deep troll earth mage (Vaults:1)
  2 deep elf knights (Elf:1)
  A deep elf mage (Elf:1)
  An orb spider (Spider:2)
  A raiju (Abyss:5)
  2 redbacks
  A water elemental (Elf:3)
  A human (Lair:4)
  2 slaves (D:8)
  3 ogres
  A wyvern skeleton (D:8)
  An orc wizard (Orc:2)
  An orc (D:8)
  A crawling corpse (Elf:3)
  12 fungi
  21 plants
  2 starspawn tentacles (Abyss:3)
  5 tentacles (Shoals:1)
66 creatures vanquished.

Grand Total: 2833 creatures vanquished

Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
-------+----------+-------------------------------------------
     0 | D:1      | removeelyvilon the Demonspawn Gladiator began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1      | Reached XP level 1. HP: 16/16 MP: 1/1
    63 | D:1      | Gained mutation: You have a pair of small horns on your head. [demonic ancestry]
    63 | D:1      | Reached XP level 2. HP: 16/22 MP: 2/2
   633 | D:2      | Gained mutation: You sometimes gain a little power by taking damage. [demonic ancestry]
   633 | D:2      | Reached XP level 3. HP: 27/27 MP: 3/3
  1063 | D:3      | Reached skill level 1 in Armour
  1063 | D:3      | Gained mutation: You are partially covered in slimy green scales. (AC +2) [demonic ancestry]
  1063 | D:3      | Reached XP level 4. HP: 28/34 MP: 4/4
  1691 | D:3      | Reached XP level 5. HP: 24/40 MP: 5/5
  2061 | D:3      | Noticed apoch's ghost (amateur OgHu)
  2081 | D:3      | Gained mutation: You have sharp toenails. [potion of mutation]
  2081 | D:3      | Gained mutation: You are robust. (+10% HP) [potion of mutation]
  2081 | D:3      | Gained mutation: You are dopey. (Int -2) [potion of mutation]
  2092 | D:3      | Lost mutation: You have sharp toenails. [potion of cure mutation]
  2092 | D:3      | Lost mutation: You are dopey. (Int -2) [potion of cure mutation]
  2349 | D:4      | Found Kiofijo's Weapon Boutique.
  2356 | D:4      | Reached skill level 3 in Fighting
  2419 | D:4      | Found a glowing drain.
  2477 | D:4      | Found a shattered altar of Ashenzari.
  2541 | Sewer    | Entered a sewer
  3074 | Sewer    | Reached XP level 6. HP: 35/51 MP: 6/6
  3365 | Sewer    | Reached skill level 5 in Staves
  3917 | D:4      | Reached skill level 4 in Fighting
  3917 | D:4      | Gained mutation: When hurt, damage is shared between your health and your magic reserves. [demonic ancestry]
  3917 | D:4      | Reached XP level 7. HP: 44/59 MP: 7/7
  3992 | D:5      | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  4095 | D:5      | Found an iron altar of Okawaru.
  4417 | D:5      | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
  5025 | D:6      | HP: 3/60 [orc warrior/dire flail (9)]
  5056 | D:6      | Found a hazy altar of Hepliaklqana.
  5629 | D:6      | Gained mutation: You sometimes gain power by taking damage. [demonic ancestry]
  5629 | D:6      | Reached XP level 8. HP: 58/67 MP: 5/8
  5780 | D:6      | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
  6037 | D:6      | Reached skill level 5 in Fighting
  6600 | D:6      | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
  6670 | D:6      | Found a white marble altar of Elyvilon.
  6788 | D:6      | Found a staircase to the Ecumenical Temple.
  7036 | D:7      | Reached skill level 5 in Armour
  7194 | D:7      | Gained mutation: You regenerate magic rapidly. [demonic ancestry]
  7194 | D:7      | Reached XP level 9. HP: 61/75 MP: 9/9
  7201 | D:7      | Reached skill level 6 in Fighting
  7511 | D:7      | Found a shimmering altar of Xom.
  7530 | D:7      | Noticed an angel
  7535 | D:7      | Found a glowing silver altar of Zin.
  7562 | D:7      | Found a sparkling altar of Nemelex Xobeh.
  7772 | Temple   | Entered the Ecumenical Temple
  8046 | Temple   | Became a worshipper of Wudzu the Untamed
  8785 | D:8      | Noticed Pikel
  8811 | D:8      | Killed Pikel
  9122 | D:8      | Noticed ShutUppercut's ghost (novice CeGl)
  9471 | D:8      | Reached skill level 7 in Fighting
  9593 | D:8      | Killed ShutUppercut's ghost
  9593 | D:8      | Reached skill level 5 in Dodging
  9840 | D:8      | Gained mutation: You have a pair of horns on your head. [demonic ancestry]
  9840 | D:8      | Reached XP level 10. HP: 54/86 MP: 8/10
  9992 | D:8      | Noticed Erica
 10039 | D:8      | Killed Erica
 10782 | D:9      | Reached * piety under Wudzu
 10868 | D:9      | Noticed a brown ugly thing
 10886 | D:9      | Killed a brown ugly thing
 10886 | D:9      | Reached skill level 8 in Fighting
 11081 | D:9      | Noticed a rust devil
 11267 | D:9      | Reached skill level 10 in Staves
 11416 | D:9      | Found Acraha's Magic Scroll Boutique.
 11450 | D:9      | Bought a scroll of fear for 56 gold pieces
 11450 | D:9      | Bought a scroll of blinking for 120 gold pieces
 11508 | D:9      | Reached ** piety under Wudzu
 11809 | D:10     | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
 11922 | D:10     | Noticed a hill giant
 11952 | D:10     | Killed a hill giant
 11952 | D:10     | Reached XP level 11. HP: 54/95 MP: 11/11
 12161 | D:10     | Noticed a hill giant
 12169 | D:10     | Killed a hill giant
 12243 | D:10     | Reached skill level 9 in Fighting
 12335 | D:11     | Noticed Erolcha
 12345 | D:11     | Killed Erolcha
 12497 | D:11     | Noticed Maurice
 12523 | D:11     | Found a staircase to the Orcish Mines.
 12605 | D:11     | Reached *** piety under Wudzu
 12838 | D:11     | Killed Maurice
 12933 | D:11     | Found a staircase to the Lair.
 13065 | D:11     | Reached skill level 1 in Invocations
 13334 | D:11     | Noticed a cyan ugly thing
 13345 | D:11     | Killed a cyan ugly thing
 13687 | D:12     | Reached skill level 5 in Invocations
 13705 | D:12     | Noticed Nergalle
 13727 | D:12     | Killed Nergalle
 13886 | D:12     | Noticed Snorg
 14393 | D:12     | Noticed an eight-headed hydra
 14406 | D:12     | Killed an eight-headed hydra
 14406 | D:12     | Gained mutation: You have a pair of large horns on your head. [demonic ancestry]
 14406 | D:12     | Reached XP level 12. HP: 47/105 MP: 11/17
 14408 | D:12     | Reached **** piety under Wudzu
 14773 | D:12     | Reached skill level 10 in Dodging
 15035 | D:12     | Killed Snorg
 15400 | Lair:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
 15789 | Lair:1   | Reached skill level 10 in Fighting
 15954 | Lair:1   | Noticed a seven-headed hydra
 15965 | Lair:1   | Killed a seven-headed hydra
 16421 | Lair:2   | Noticed a six-headed hydra
 16432 | Lair:2   | Killed a six-headed hydra
 17063 | Lair:2   | Reached ***** piety under Wudzu
 17910 | Lair:3   | Reached XP level 13. HP: 114/114 MP: 20/20
 18342 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 10 in Invocations
 18527 | Lair:3   | Found a hole to the Spider Nest.
 18698 | Lair:4   | Noticed Josephine
 18710 | Lair:4   | Killed Josephine
 19066 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 11 in Fighting
 19602 | Lair:4   | Upgraded the game from 0.19-a0-1769-g297774a to 0.19-a0-1772-g09c4438
 19653 | Lair:4   | Found a staircase to the Shoals.
 19798 | Lair:4   | Noticed Rupert
 19870 | Lair:4   | Paralysed by Rupert for 3 turns
 20312 | Lair:4   | Noticed Kirke
 20351 | Lair:4   | Killed Kirke
 20985 | Lair:4   | Killed Rupert
 21946 | Lair:4   | Reached XP level 14. HP: 108/125 MP: 20/22
 22575 | Lair:4   | Reached ****** piety under Wudzu
 22687 | Lair:5   | Reached skill level 12 in Fighting
 22899 | Lair:6   | Entered Level 6 of the Lair of Beasts
 23983 | Lair:6   | Found a staircase to the Slime Pits.
 24543 | D:12     | Noticed Frances
 24578 | D:12     | Killed Frances
 25085 | D:13     | Found Qamp's Distillery.
 25093 | D:13     | Bought a potion of heal wounds for 75 gold pieces
 25403 | D:13     | Found a frozen archway.
 25433 | IceCv    | Entered an ice cave
 25648 | IceCv    | Identified the Almanac of Execration
 25663 | IceCv    | Got a sparkling steel amulet
 26070 | D:13     | You fall through a shaft!
 26266 | D:14     | Reached XP level 15. HP: 119/134 MP: 20/24
 26609 | D:14     | Found Regikhli's Distillery.
 26727 | D:14     | Identified the amulet "Jiergh" {RegenMP rElec} (You found it in an ice cave)
 26764 | D:14     | Found a gate to the Vaults.
 27424 | D:15     | Entered Level 15 of the Dungeon
 28142 | D:15     | Reached skill level 13 in Fighting
 28432 | D:15     | Found a staircase to the Depths.
 28935 | D:15     | Reached skill level 15 in Dodging
 29395 | Orc:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Orcish Mines
 29398 | Orc:1    | Noticed Urug
 30278 | Orc:1    | Killed Urug
 30603 | Orc:2    | Entered Level 2 of the Orcish Mines
 30630 | Orc:2    | Paralysed by an orc sorcerer for 5 turns
 30713 | Orc:2    | Found Omauppen's Magic Scroll Emporium.
 30726 | Orc:2    | Bought a scroll of summoning for 114 gold pieces
 30776 | Orc:1    | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 30936 | Orc:2    | Noticed an orc warlord
 31559 | Orc:2    | Found a staircase to the Elven Halls.
 32328 | Orc:2    | Killed an orc warlord
 32995 | Orc:2    | Gained mutation: You are mostly covered in slimy green scales. (AC +3) [demonic ancestry]
 32995 | Orc:2    | Reached XP level 16. HP: 134/144 MP: 24/26
 33042 | Orc:2    | Found Foer's Antique Armour Emporium.
 33043 | Orc:2    | Found Qoromiod's Antique Weapon Shoppe.
 33044 | Orc:2    | Found Soiggump's General Store.
 33044 | Orc:2    | Found Plog's Jewellery Emporium.
 33049 | Orc:2    | Bought an uncursed ring of see invisible for 195 gold pieces
 33363 | Spider:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Spider Nest
 33566 | Spider:1 | Reached skill level 1 in Stealth
 35462 | Spider:2 | Noticed Arachne
 35493 | Spider:2 | Killed Arachne
 35922 | Spider:2 | Gained mutation: You evolve. [potion of beneficial mutation]
 35923 | Spider:2 | Gained mutation: You have an increased reservoir of magic. (+10% MP) [potion of beneficial mutation]
 36319 | Spider:2 | Reached skill level 1 in Evocations
 36489 | Spider:2 | Noticed Donald
 36505 | Spider:2 | Killed Donald
 36598 | Spider:2 | Reached skill level 15 in Invocations
 38249 | Spider:2 | Gained mutation: You have sharp fingernails. [evolution]
 38488 | Spider:2 | Reached skill level 14 in Fighting
 39319 | Spider:3 | Reached XP level 17. HP: 44/152 MP: 31/31
 40528 | Spider:4 | Entered Level 4 of the Spider Nest
 42689 | Spider:4 | Reached skill level 5 in Evocations
 43508 | Spider:3 | Gained mutation: Your system is resistant to poisons. (rPois) [evolution]
 43508 | Spider:3 | Lost mutation: You evolve. [end of evolution]
 44900 | Spider:4 | Got a gossamer rune of Zot
 45170 | Shoals:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Shoals
 45671 | Shoals:1 | Got a slimy longbow
 45672 | Shoals:1 | Identified the +5 longbow "Daluji" {velocity, *Corrode rPois rF+++ Dex+6} (You found it on level 1 of the Shoals)
 45876 | Shoals:1 | Learned a level 1 spell: Apportation
 45879 | Shoals:1 | Learned a level 2 spell: Blink
 45882 | Shoals:1 | Learned a level 2 spell: Shroud of Golubria
 45886 | Shoals:1 | Learned a level 3 spell: Portal Projectile
 45943 | Shoals:1 | Reached skill level 1 in Bows
 45980 | Shoals:1 | Found Terad's Antique Weapon Emporium.
 46600 | Shoals:1 | Reached skill level 15 in Fighting
 46952 | Shoals:1 | Gained mutation: You are powered by pain. [demonic ancestry]
 46952 | Shoals:1 | Reached XP level 18. HP: 101/163 MP: 23/33
 47553 | Shoals:2 | Noticed Polyphemus
 47599 | Shoals:2 | Reached skill level 5 in Bows
 47602 | Shoals:2 | Killed Polyphemus
 47950 | Shoals:2 | Gained mutation: You have very sharp fingernails. [potion of beneficial mutation]
 47951 | Shoals:2 | Gained mutation: You possess an exceptional clarity of mind. [potion of beneficial mutation]
 49804 | Vaults:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Vaults
 50146 | Vaults:1 | Reached skill level 1 in Translocations
 50644 | Vaults:1 | Noticed Aizul
 50669 | Vaults:1 | Killed Aizul
 52011 | Vaults:1 | Reached skill level 16 in Fighting
 52988 | Vaults:2 | Gained mutation: Your magical and physical power is slightly enhanced at high health. [demonic ancestry]
 52988 | Vaults:2 | Reached XP level 19. HP: 136/172 MP: 34/34
 53847 | Vaults:2 | Found a staircase to the Crypt.
 54060 | Vaults:2 | Found Wuuxt's Distillery.
 54065 | Vaults:2 | Bought a potion of might for 76 gold pieces
 54258 | Vaults:2 | Reached skill level 5 in Translocations
 54653 | Vaults:2 | Noticed a lich
 54672 | Vaults:2 | Reached skill level 17 in Fighting
 54674 | Vaults:2 | Killed a lich
 54677 | Vaults:2 | Reached skill level 10 in Bows
 55460 | Elf:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Elven Halls
 55673 | Elf:1    | Identified the Tome of Damage Dealing
 56486 | Elf:1    | Learned a level 1 spell: Summon Butterflies
 56615 | Elf:2    | Reached skill level 18 in Fighting
 57074 | Elf:2    | Found a runed gate.
 57083 | Elf:2    | Found a runed gate.
 57085 | Elf:2    | Found a runed gate.
 57226 | Elf:2    | Gained mutation: Your magical and physical power is enhanced at high health. [demonic ancestry]
 57226 | Elf:2    | Reached XP level 20. HP: 179/189 MP: 32/35
 59020 | Elf:2    | Reached skill level 19 in Fighting
 59161 | Elf:3    | Entered Level 3 of the Elven Halls
 59598 | Elf:3    | Cast into level 3 of the Abyss (hand axe of distortion)
 59701 | Abyss:3  | Found a shimmering altar of Xom.
 59733 | Abyss:3  | Found a shimmering altar of Xom.
 59792 | Abyss:3  | Noticed a bone dragon
 59800 | Abyss:3  | Reached skill level 5 in Stealth
 59815 | Abyss:3  | Found a snail-covered altar of Cheibriados.
 60611 | Elf:3    | Escaped the Abyss
 62789 | Elf:3    | Noticed Nikola
 62805 | Elf:3    | Killed Nikola
 62807 | Elf:3    | Gained mutation: When low on magic, you restore magic in place of health. [demonic ancestry]
 62807 | Elf:3    | Reached XP level 21. HP: 174/200 MP: 25/36
 62837 | Elf:3    | Got a brightly glowing bone ring
 62839 | Elf:3    | Identified the ring of Kocu {Int+3 SInv Stlth+} (You took it off a deep elf annihilator on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 63328 | Elf:3    | Reached skill level 20 in Fighting
 63947 | Elf:3    | Learned a level 6 spell: Statue Form
 64014 | Elf:3    | Identified the ring "Ireadu" {*Tele Int+3} (You took it off a deep elf annihilator on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 64022 | Elf:3    | Identified the ring of Altruism {rF+ EV+6 SInv} (You took it off a deep elf elementalist on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 65788 | Vaults:3 | Reached skill level 1 in Summonings
 65803 | Vaults:3 | Reached skill level 21 in Fighting
 67075 | Vaults:4 | Identified a scroll of acquirement
 68242 | Vaults:4 | Noticed Jory
 68263 | Vaults:4 | Killed Jory
 68366 | Vaults:4 | Reached XP level 22. HP: 213/213 MP: 37/37
 68947 | Vaults:4 | Found Lijyhon's Armour Emporium.
 69318 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 22 in Fighting
 69665 | D:9      | Bought a scroll of enchant weapon for 120 gold pieces
 69899 | Slime:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Pits of Slime
 70776 | Slime:3  | Gained mutation: Your muscles are strong. (Str +2) [a shining eye]
 71077 | Slime:5  | Entered Level 5 of the Pits of Slime
 71268 | Slime:5  | Noticed the Royal Jelly
 71292 | Slime:5  | Killed the Royal Jelly
 71970 | Slime:5  | Got a translucent bone amulet
 71971 | Slime:5  | Identified the amulet of Yteg {Gourm *Slow rF+ rN+} (You found it on level 5 of the Pits of Slime)
 71991 | Slime:5  | Got a slimy rune of Zot
 72137 | Slime:5  | Reached skill level 23 in Fighting
 72597 | Slime:5  | Got a pair of fine boots
 72603 | Slime:5  | Identified the +2 pair of boots of Ladders and Snakes {rC+ rCorr Dex+2 SInv} (You found it on level 5 of the Pits of Slime)
 72973 | D:9      | Bought 2 scrolls of enchant armour for 240 gold pieces
 73265 | Shoals:4 | Entered Level 4 of the Shoals
 73409 | Shoals:4 | Noticed Ilsuiw
 73423 | Shoals:4 | Killed Ilsuiw
 73435 | Shoals:4 | Reached skill level 15 in Bows
 73799 | Shoals:4 | Reached XP level 23. HP: 184/227 MP: 31/38
 74154 | Shoals:4 | Got a barnacled rune of Zot
 74395 | Shoals:4 | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
 75039 | Depths:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Depths
 75563 | Depths:1 | Found a gateway to Hell.
 76399 | Depths:2 | Noticed a caustic shrike
 77106 | Depths:2 | Noticed Asterion
 77132 | Depths:2 | Killed Asterion
 77208 | Depths:2 | Found a one-way gate leading to the halls of Pandemonium.
 77269 | Depths:2 | Learned a level 3 spell: Regeneration
 77343 | Depths:2 | Found a gateway to a ziggurat.
 77843 | Depths:3 | Cast into level 5 of the Abyss (the power of Zot)
 77843 | Abyss:5  | Entered Level 5 of the Abyss
 77936 | Abyss:5  | Reached skill level 1 in Necromancy
 77940 | Abyss:5  | Reached skill level 1 in Charms
 78250 | Depths:3 | Escaped the Abyss
 78263 | Depths:3 | Found a one-way gate to the infinite horrors of the Abyss.
 78388 | Depths:4 | Killed a caustic shrike
 78671 | Depths:4 | Gained mutation: You are completely covered in slimy green scales. (AC +4, rPois) [demonic ancestry]
 78671 | Depths:4 | Reached XP level 24. HP: 214/237 MP: 38/38
 78909 | Depths:4 | Noticed Louise
 78917 | Depths:4 | Killed Louise
 79364 | Depths:3 | Reached skill level 24 in Fighting
 79524 | Depths:3 | Paralysed by a great orb of eyes for 7 turns
 79879 | Depths:3 | Paralysed by a great orb of eyes for 7 turns
 80352 | Depths:3 | Got a steaming shortbow
 80353 | Depths:3 | Identified the +1 shortbow of Compound Interest {speed, rN+} (You acquired it on level 3 of the Depths)
 80781 | Depths:3 | Identified the Papyrus of Creative Shape Shifting
 81484 | Depths:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Depths
 81565 | Depths:5 | Reached skill level 10 in Evocations
 81680 | Depths:5 | Reached XP level 25. HP: 230/248 MP: 36/39
 81861 | Depths:5 | Found a gate to the Realm of Zot.
 81873 | Depths:5 | Reached skill level 25 in Fighting
 82566 | Depths:4 | Identified the Catalogue of Freezing Black Rituals
 82578 | Depths:4 | Learned a level 4 spell: Animate Dead
 83066 | Zot:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Realm of Zot
 83090 | Zot:1    | Reached skill level 5 in Necromancy
 83906 | Zot:2    | Reached skill level 10 in Necromancy
 85118 | Zot:3    | Gained mutation: Your magical and physical power is greatly enhanced at high health. [demonic ancestry]
 85118 | Zot:3    | Reached XP level 26. HP: 214/258 MP: 35/39
 85154 | Zot:3    | Gained mutation: Your flesh is cold resistant. (rC+) [potion of beneficial mutation]
 85787 | Zot:3    | Noticed an orb of fire
 85808 | Zot:3    | Killed an orb of fire
 86052 | Zot:3    | Reached skill level 15 in Necromancy
 86228 | Depths:4 | Learned a level 5 spell: Cigotuvi's Embrace
 86905 | Zot:4    | Reached skill level 26 in Fighting
 87235 | Zot:5    | Entered Level 5 of the Realm of Zot
 87578 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 87583 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 87593 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 87605 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 87648 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
 87674 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: Your mind is acute. (Int +2) [mutagenic glow]
 87677 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
 87677 | Zot:5    | Reached skill level 27 in Fighting
 87894 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 87903 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 87903 | Zot:5    | Reached XP level 27. HP: 176/273 MP: 38/39
 87918 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
 87929 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
 87931 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: You are occasionally teleported next to monsters. [an orb of fire]
 87935 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
 87937 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
 87940 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: Your body sometimes deteriorates upon taking damage. [mutagenic glow]
 87944 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 87949 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: Scrolls take you a little longer to read. [an orb of fire]
 87954 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: Armour fits poorly on your strangely shaped body. [an orb of fire]
 87959 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: You regenerate slowly when monsters are visible. [an orb of fire]
 88398 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
 88399 | Zot:5    | Lost mutation: You are robust. (+10% HP) [an orb of fire]
 88401 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 88402 | Zot:5    | Lost mutation: Your mind is acute. (Int +2) [an orb of fire]
 88407 | Zot:5    | Lost mutation: Your muscles are strong. (Str +2) [an orb of fire]
 88410 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
 88416 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 88419 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 88423 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
 88436 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 88453 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
 88453 | Zot:5    | Reached skill level 15 in Evocations
 88479 | Zot:5    | Lost mutation: You have an increased reservoir of magic. (+10% MP) [mutagenic glow]
 89046 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 89139 | Zot:5    | Got the Orb of Zot
 89172 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: Your body often deteriorates upon taking damage. [an orb of fire]
 89175 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: Your magical capacity is low. (-10% MP) [an orb of fire]
 89186 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
 89248 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: You expend magic power (3 MP) to strengthen your wands. [an orb of fire]
 89255 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: You are dopey. (Int -2) [an orb of fire]
 89256 | Zot:5    | Lost mutation: You possess an exceptional clarity of mind. [an orb of fire]
 89268 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
 89380 | Zot:3    | Noticed Cetaor the pandemonium lord
 89380 | Zot:3    | Noticed an ancient lich
 89385 | Zot:3    | Killed Cetaor the pandemonium lord
 89627 | Depths:2 | Noticed a seraph
 90032 | D:$      | Escaped with the Orb!

Vault maps used:
D:1:      saegor_arrival_simple_c
D:2:      first_bread, lemuel_old_faithful
D:3:      cheibriados_altar_wand_db, ecumenical_altar_2
D:4:      lemuel_round_altar, lightli_sewer_entry_pipes, serial_shops,
          nicolae_shop_stone, minmay_bent
D:5:      tso_oasis_becter, okawaru_ov_weapons_minmay
D:6:      kennysheep_ying_yang, overflow_temple_1_default, lemuel_doored_altar,
          corexii_shack
D:7:      grunt_temple_overflow_order_and_chaos_1,
          nemelex_xobeh_ov_fountains_minmay
D:8:      uniq_erica, uniq_pikel
D:9:      serial_shops, nicolae_shop_waterfront, hex_large, grunt_pizzeria
D:10:     minmay_misc_feat_room, kennysheep_generic_room_13
D:11:     erik_lair_dragon, minmay_orc_entry_guard_dogs, uniq_erolcha,
          uniq_maurice
D:12:     uniq_snorg, uniq_frances, uniq_nergalle
D:13:     serial_shops, shop, portal_ice_cave_rime
D:14:     erik_vaults_2, serial_shops, shop, minmay_misc_feat_tower
D:15:     hangedman_depths_entry_try_elsewhere_first, serial_bayou_shore_b
Temple:   minmay_temple_forest_path
Lair:1:   serial_bayou_shore_b
Lair:2:   minmay_guarded_unrand_snakebite, worms_lemuel,
          infiniplex_staircase_pool, lemuel_fruit_fields, lemuel_fruit_tree
Lair:3:   spider_nest_entry_rubble
Lair:4:   minmay_shoals_entry_centaurs, minivault_24, grunt_megastairs_1,
          serial_bayou_shore_a, lemuel_fruit_fields, uniq_josephine,
          uniq_rupert, uniq_kirke
Lair:5:   slaughterhouse
Lair:6:   guppyfry_lair_end_dragon, slime_dummy, dpeg_oklob_1
Shoals:1: serial_shops, nicolae_shop_temple_entry_statues_fountains,
          nicolae_shoals_seven_spires
Shoals:2: uniq_polyphemus
Shoals:4: shoals_end_grunt_ice, shoal_ilsuiw, lemuel_oklob_altar
Spider:2: nicolae_orb_island, uniq_donald, uniq_arachne
Spider:3: nicolae_spider_circle_web, nicolae_spider_nook
Spider:4: spider_rune_water
Orc:1:    basic_altar, uniq_urug
Orc:2:    st_orc_congregation, serial_shops, shop
Elf:1:    minmay_elf_annihilation
Elf:3:    minmay_elf_hall_x, uniq_nikola
Vaults:1: hangedman_vaults_nodes, nicolae_vaults_little_squares_6,
          nicolae_vaults_diagonal_hallway_7, ontoclasm_vaults_decontamination,
          hangedman_vaults_corner, vaults_room_stairs_pillars, v_rooms_3,
          v_misc_18, v_misc_3, vaults_room_fancy_cross,
          hangedman_vaults_capsules, serial_ice_m, uniq_aizul
Vaults:2: v_rooms_5, ontoclasm_vaults_idyll, ontoclasm_vaults_ring_small,
          blue_anna_dwarven_crypt, vaults_room_fancy_cross, v_misc_24,
          nicolae_vaults_little_ls, v_misc_4, vaults_mumra_hexcomb,
          vaults_room_fours, vaults_dpeg_ring, vaults_room_door_ring,
          nicolae_vaults_little_squares_2, v_misc_5, dpeg_vaults_waves,
          serial_shops, shop
Vaults:3: ontoclasm_vaults_pinch, v_rooms_1, vaults_mumra_chevron,
          ontoclasm_vaults_ring_square, vaults_room_door_ring,
          vaults_room_fours, vaults_dpeg_diagonal, vaults_room_door_hall,
          vaults_room_large_hall, vaults_room_pools, vaults_room_hallway
Vaults:4: v_misc_25, v_pattern_3, v_misc_18, nicolae_vaults_angled_halls,
          hangedman_vaults_stretched_pinwheel, nicolae_vaults_network_periphery,
          nicolae_vaults_bisected_exclaves, st_cross, v_alt_pattern_6,
          nicolae_vaults_circle_grid_b, v_alt_pattern_1, ontoclasm_vaults_eye,
          nicolae_vaults_circle_grid_a, vaults_room_grid, serial_shops, shop,
          uniq_jory
Depths:1: minmay_misc_feat_plants, grunt_hell_entry_dis_mu,
          statue_in_the_mist_lemuel, serial_bayou_lagoon_b
Depths:2: minmay_strange_plus, enter_ziggurat_e, pan_entry, hellmouth_1,
          hangedman_abyss_or_decor_jellyfish_corner, uniq_asterion
Depths:3: hangedman_pleasuredromes, hell_entry, pan_entry, abyss_entry
Depths:4: minmay_connected_triangles_in_corner, pf_hell_entry_tar_spiral,
          kennysheep_path_1, serial_column_ruins, column_ruins_portal_squares,
          column_ruins_corridor_corner, column_ruins_open_small,
          column_ruins_grid_1, column_ruins_columns_straight,
          column_ruins_grid_1, nicolae_abyss_entry_one_way_or_another,
          infiniplex_staircase_x, serial_bayou_shore_b
Depths:5: grunt_crosshair, minmay_misc_feat_alley, rand_demon_pan_entry_5,
          hell_entry, feat_on_display, serial_bayou_shore_b
Zot:2:    lemuel_elevator
Zot:4:    nicolae_zot_crop_circle
Zot:5:    grunt_ministairs_8
Abyss:3:  evilmike_abyss_exit_10, hangedman_abyss_or_decor_stagger,
          minivault_19, evilmike_abyss_rune_elephants_shrine
Abyss:5:  hangedman_decor_peaks_small,
          evilmike_nicolae_abyss_rune_betentacled_crabyss,
          evilmike_abyss_exit_chaos, small_statue_intersection,
          hangedman_elemental_corridor
Sewer:    sewer_frog_island_02
IceCv:    ice_cave_statue_garden_chambered

Skill      XL: |  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 |
---------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-----
Staves         |  3     4        5  6  8  9 10    11 12    13 14                                  | 14.0
Armour         |        1     2  3     5                                                          |  5.4
Fighting       |              3  4     5  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 18 19 21 23    24 25 27    | 27.0
Dodging        |                          5  8  9 11 12 14 15 16 17                               | 17.3
Invocations    |                                7  9 11 13 14 15 16                   17    18    | 18.1
Stealth        |                                               3        4  7        8             |  8.2
Evocations     |                                               3  6                 9 10 11 12 18 | 18.0
Bows           |                                                  3  9 11 12 13 15 16 17          | 17.9
Translocations |                                                     4  5                         |  5.0
Summonings     |                                                              3                   |  3.3
Necromancy     |                                                                    3    13 15    | 15.0
Charms         |                                                                    3             |  3.1
Throwing       |                                                                                  |  1.7

Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 | 13-15 | 16-18 | 19-21 | 22-24 | 25-27 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------++-------
Melee: Quarterstaff      |    73 |   297 |   493 |   813 |  1753 |  2037 |  1567 |       |       ||  7033
       Headbutt          |     6 |    34 |    84 |   187 |   481 |   594 |   515 |   469 |   320 ||  2690
       Lajatang          |       |       |       |       |       |       |   121 |  1380 |   863 ||  2364
 Fire: Longbow           |       |       |       |       |       |   158 |   180 |   138 |    35 ||   511
Throw: Throwing net      |       |     3 |       |       |     1 |       |     1 |       |       ||     5
 Cast: Shroud of Golubri |       |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |       |     2 ||     4
       Blink             |       |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |       |     4 ||     7
       Portal Projectile |       |       |       |       |       |       |     4 |    10 |     5 ||    19
       Regeneration      |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     6 |    18 ||    24
       Cigotuvi's Embrac |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     2 ||     2
       Apportation       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 ||     1
Invok: Vestment of Thorn |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |       |       |       ||     1
       Summon Vines      |       |       |       |     3 |     7 |    22 |     9 |     8 |    10 ||    59
       Regalia of Thorns |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |       |       |       ||     1
       Briar Patch       |       |       |       |       |     2 |     2 |     1 |     5 |     8 ||    18
 Abil: Evoke Invisibilit |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     4 |    13 ||    17
Evoke: Wand              |       |       |     2 |     1 |     1 |    29 |     2 |     1 |     8 ||    44
       Box of beasts     |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     3 ||     3
  Use: Scroll            |     1 |       |     7 |     6 |    22 |    11 |    13 |    20 |    16 ||    96
       Potion            |       |     8 |       |       |       |     5 |     2 |     5 |    13 ||    33
 Stab: Sleeping          |       |       |       |     2 |     5 |     5 |    18 |    12 |    11 ||    53
       Distracted        |       |       |       |       |     5 |    11 |     7 |     8 |     4 ||    35
       Paralysed         |       |       |       |       |       |    11 |       |       |       ||    11
       Petrified         |       |       |       |       |       |     9 |       |       |       ||     9
       Invisible         |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     8 |    51 ||    59
  Eat: Chunk             |     1 |     7 |    16 |    25 |    33 |    19 |    19 |    17 |    11 ||   148
       Bread ration      |       |     1 |       |       |     4 |     9 |     4 |     4 |     3 ||    25
       Beef jerky        |       |       |       |     1 |     1 |     2 |       |     3 |       ||     7
       Royal jelly       |       |       |       |     2 |       |     1 |       |     2 |       ||     5
       Fruit             |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |     3 ||     4
       Meat ration       |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |     3 |     2 |     4 ||    11
       Pizza             |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 ||     1
Armor: Leather armour    |     6 |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       ||     6
       Plate armour      |    40 |   306 |   277 |       |       |       |       |       |       ||   623
       Skin              |       |       |    35 |   203 |   448 |   697 |   374 |   319 |   222 ||  2298
Dodge: Dodged            |    19 |    73 |   160 |   550 |  1344 |  2124 |  1230 |  1604 |  1069 ||  8173
Block: Other             |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    10 ||    10

This isn't the first character I played on this branch (see what I did there?), but the first who actually reached the temple and got to worship Wudzu.
He started life as a gladiotar with a quarterstaff. I found a plate mail on D:1 so I was in good spirits. When I found the altar I read the descritpion when praying but I was still surprised that I'd lose my plate armour instantly on worship.
Oh well, a true sacrifice made.

I focused training dodging and my other physical stats and continued crunching everything in my path. Actually I had nothing but a +1 quarterstaff for the majority of the game.
I found an amulet of faith early which really helped me out get my vestment and regalia quickly.
I chose head and gloves as my slots. The poison was really useful throughout the game and so was the clarity (dream sheep, shoals, slime) and headbutt. I never regreted my choices. Luckily, I got an incredible set of DS mutations, too.
After that I don't know what happened because of a blackout but I somehow made it to Zot. Despite acting like a boosted bonobo I somehow scrambled through. I even forgot to put my rF+ ring on for a long time.

Questions:

-What happens if you ditch Wudzu for Fedhas? Wudzu wrath is angry plants, but Fedhas turns plants neutral-friendly...
-What happens to your thorns, vestment and regalia when you abandon Wudzu?
-Do you keep the bonuses while transformed? I really hope so because the one thing most forms are lacking is decent AC.
-What are the mechanics for the headbutt counter? Does it stack with horns?

Thoughts:

-I don't mind the mild thematic overlap with Fedhas. "Nature" is a big domain. The two are different enough. Besides we got 2 necromancy gods etc. too.
I definitely got that survival of the fittest vibe from Wudzu.
-As you saw in Shard's screenshots, the graphic for vines is glitched (and for summon forest, too).
-This is bound to be good on races with armour restrictions. I hope I get to play a Basajaun of Wuzdu someday AKA Ogre McGee.
-The vines power is pretty useful but it doesn't scale too well with invo. If you have enough to spawn 2 vines you are pretty much set for the game. Briar patch doesn't seem to use it at all other than for the %failure chance.
-Speaking of briar patch, this is an incredibly useful power. Goes well with portal projectile. Allows you to block annoying nonsense abilties and to escape.
-The lack of GDR is noticeable, I don't care what anyone says. It's not really an issue, though.

I really enjoy this god, I hope it makes it into stable. Thanks for the good work!
Last edited by removeelyvilon on Monday, 3rd October 2016, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author removeelyvilon has received thanks:
MorganLeah

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 3rd October 2016, 17:52

Haven't played this yet but would like to. A couple ideas/suggestions just based on what I've read:

If the sac gloves ability is weak, how about a 'throw thorns' type ranged ability instead? Maybe with an effect like manticore's volley that causes damage when enemies move, or a slow effect? Would be useful to ranged characters and casters to help bring down enemies before they get close or when OOMP and to melees to soften up or help a strategic retreat. Could cost breath if it's too spammable.

If the thematic overlap with fedhas is excessibe, maybe a re-theme to be a beast god that turns the character into a sort of chimera? Some overlap with monstrous demonspawn, but not as much so as two plant gods.

For this message the author minstrel has received thanks:
Seven Deadly Sins

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 4th October 2016, 05:02

By the way, I actually think Wudzu is a better name than half the god names in crawl. please don't add another long, impossible to say out loud name

For this message the author Shard1697 has received thanks: 4
luckless, Seven Deadly Sins, VeryAngryFelid, ydeve

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 4th October 2016, 15:10

Rhymes with kudzu!
twelwe wrote:It's like Blink, but you end up drowning.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 4th October 2016, 15:12

Probably experimental branches should guarantee specific gods in Temple. It is not fun when you find Wudzu's altar on D:9.

For this message the author VeryAngryFelid has received thanks: 2
Cimanyd, dracos369

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 4th October 2016, 15:20

I don't have any opinions on the machanics, but i think wudzu should let you god switch to fedhas the way good gods let you switch with each other.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 4th October 2016, 17:23

Also, guarantee a D:4 temple as well. The point is to test the god, not play half the game godless.

For this message the author Laraso has received thanks: 2
dracos369, VeryAngryFelid

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 4th October 2016, 20:42

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.19-a0-1772-g09c4438 (webtiles) character file.

18053729 removeelyvilon the Grand Master (level 27, 169/291 HPs)
             Began as a Naga Transmuter on Oct 4, 2016.
             Was the Champion of Wudzu.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 15 runes!

The game lasted 07:10:01 (85684 turns).

removeelyvilon the Grand Master (Naga Transmuter)  Turns: 85684, Time: 07:10:02

Health: 169/291    AC: 39    Str: 17    XL:     27
Magic:  42/48      EV: 18    Int: 22    God:    Wudzu [******]
Gold:   10130      SH: 21    Dex: 17    Spells: 12 memorised, 2 levels left

rFire  + . .      SeeInvis +      - Unarmed
rCold  + + .      Gourm    .    (armour unavailable)
rNeg   + + .      Faith    .    B - +0 large shield of Weightlessness {rC+ Int+5 SInv}
rPois  +          Spirit   .    c - +2 hat {MR+}
rElec  .          Dismiss  .    (cloak unavailable)
rCorr  .          Reflect  .    (gloves unavailable)
MR     +++++      Harm     .    o - +4 naga barding
Stlth  +++....... Clarity  +    g - amulet of the Four Winds {rN+ MR+++ Clar}
                  Rnd*Tele +    u - ring "Baiplamat" {rF+ rN+}
                                O - ring of protection from cold

@: very slightly contaminated, deflect missiles, very slow
A: see invisible, deformed body, poison resistance, slowness 2, slow metabolism
1, spit poison 1, teleportitis 1, constrict 1, AC +9
a: Spit Poison, Summon Vines, Briar Patch, Renounce Religion
0: Orb of Zot
}: 15/15 runes: serpentine, barnacled, slimy, silver, golden, iron, obsidian,
icy, bone, abyssal, demonic, glowing, magical, fiery, dark

You escaped.
You worshipped Wudzu.
Wudzu was exalted by your worship.
You were full.

You visited 18 branches of the dungeon, and saw 90 of its levels.
You visited Pandemonium 2 times, and saw 42 of its levels.
You visited the Abyss 2 times.
You also visited: Labyrinth and Ice Cave.

You collected 15358 gold pieces.
You spent 5228 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Armour
 c - a +2 hat of magic resistance (worn)
 o - a +4 naga barding (worn)
 B - the +0 large shield of Weightlessness (worn) {rC+ Int+5 SInv}
   (You took it off Mennas in Pandemonium)   

It affects your intelligence (+5).
   It protects you from cold.
Jewellery
 g - the amulet of the Four Winds (around neck) {rN+ MR+++ Clar}
   (You took it off a deep elf blademaster on level 3 of the Elven Halls)   

[amulet of nothing]

It protects you from negative energy.
   It affects your resistance to hostile enchantments.
   It protects you against confusion.
 u - the ring "Baiplamat" (right hand) {rF+ rN+}
   (You found it on level 3 of the Crypt)   

[ring of positive energy]

It protects you from fire.
 x - the ring of Shaolin {EV+8}
   (You found it on level 4 of the Dungeon)   

[ring of evasion]

It affects your evasion (+8).
 J - an uncursed ring of protection from fire
 O - a ring of protection from cold (left hand)
 S - an uncursed ring of protection from cold
 T - the ring "Pyameagh" {+Fly rN+ Slay+2 SInv}
   (You found it on level 3 of the Crypt)   

[ring of positive energy]

It affects your accuracy and damage with ranged weapons and melee attacks
   (+2).
   It lets you fly.
 X - an uncursed ring of resist corrosion
Wands
 a - a wand of digging (19/24)
 n - a wand of hasting (8/9)
 v - a wand of acid (5/15)
 G - a wand of iceblast (3/15)
 M - a wand of teleportation (6/9)
Scrolls
 f - 20 scrolls of teleportation
 h - 3 scrolls of recharging
 i - 3 scrolls of immolation
 j - 28 scrolls of remove curse
 l - 6 scrolls of holy word
 q - 9 scrolls of fear
 A - 10 scrolls of blinking
 F - 3 scrolls of silence
 L - 5 scrolls of summoning
 U - 11 scrolls of fog
Potions
 k - a potion of cure mutation
 m - 14 potions of heal wounds
 p - 4 potions of flight
 w - 31 potions of curing
 z - 7 potions of might
 C - 19 potions of lignification
 E - 6 potions of magic
 H - 10 potions of invisibility
 K - 7 potions of berserk rage
 N - 11 potions of brilliance
 P - 11 potions of agility
 Q - 3 potions of resistance
 R - 12 potions of haste
 W - 9 potions of ambrosia
Miscellaneous
 b - the horn of Geryon
 s - 9 sacks of spiders
 y - a crystal ball of energy
 D - a disc of storms
 I - a phial of floods
 V - 4 boxes of beasts
 Y - a lamp of fire
Comestibles
 d - 3 bread rations
 r - 14 fruits
 t - 19 meat rations
 Z - 8 beef jerkies

Skills:
 + Level 25.6 Fighting
 - Level 14.8 Dodging
 - Level 20.0 Stealth
 + Level 18.3 Shields
 O Level 27 Unarmed Combat
 - Level 21.2 Spellcasting
 - Level 6.2 Hexes
 - Level 11.3 Charms
 - Level 11.8 Summonings
 * Level 16.1 Translocations
 - Level 15.9 Transmutations
   Level 3.0 Ice Magic
 - Level 24.4 Air Magic
 - Level 8.0 Earth Magic
   Level 2.5 Poison Magic
 - Level 12.7 Invocations
 - Level 18.8 Evocations

You had 2 spell levels left.
You knew the following spells:

Your Spells              Type           Power        Failure   Level  Hunger
a - Statue Form           Tmut/Erth      ######...    2%          6    ###....
b - Deflect Missiles      Chrm/Air       #######...   1%          6    ###....
c - Dragon Form           Tmut           #######...   2%          7    #####..
d - Irradiate             Conj/Tmut      ######....   1%          5    None
e - Blade Hands           Tmut           #######...   1%          5    None
f - Summon Butterflies    Summ           ######..     0%          1    None
g - Controlled Blink      Tloc           N/A          21%         8    ######.
h - Haste                 Chrm           ######..     2%          6    ###....
i - Regeneration          Chrm/Necr      #####.....   1%          3    None
j - Aura of Abjuration    Summ           ######....   1%          5    None
k - Silence               Hex/Air        ######....   1%          5    None
l - Tornado               Air            #######...   14%         9    #######

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (15/15)            Temple (1/1) D:4            Lair (6/6) D:8
 Shoals (4/4) Lair:2        Snake (4/4) Lair:4        Slime (5/5) Lair:5
    Orc (2/2) D:12            Elf (3/3) Orc:2        Vaults (5/5) D:13
  Crypt (3/3) Vaults:3       Tomb (3/3) Crypt:3      Depths (5/5) D:15
   Hell (1/1)                 Dis (7/7) Hell            Geh (7/7) Hell
    Coc (7/7) Hell            Tar (7/7) Hell            Zot (5/5) Depths:5

Altars:
Ashenzari
Cheibriados
Dithmenos
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Gozag
Hepliaklqana
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Qazlal
Ru
Sif Muna
Trog
Uskayaw
Vehumet
Wudzu
Xom
Yredelemnul
Zin
The Shining One
Beogh
Jiyva

Shops:
D:5 (   D:7 !   D:9 [   D:11 =   D:12 :   Orc:1 %   Orc:2 [[}(   Elf:3 ?
Shoals:1 **   Shoals:3 [(!!   Snake:1 :=[   Vaults:1 [   Vaults:2 (
Vaults:3 (?=%   Vaults:5 !??   Depths:2 ?%

Portals:
Hell: Depths:1 Depths:2 Depths:3 Depths:4 Depths:5
Abyss: Depths:1 Depths:4
Pandemonium: Depths:2 Depths:3 Depths:5
Ziggurat: Depths:4
Trove: D:15 (show abyssal rune of Zot)

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You cannot wear boots.
Your serpentine skin is tough. (AC +9)
You have supernaturally acute eyesight. (SInv)
Armour fits poorly on your strangely shaped body.
Your system is resistant to poisons. (rPois)
You cover ground very slowly.
You have a slow metabolism.
You can spit poison.
You can use your snake-like lower body to constrict enemies.
You are occasionally teleported next to monsters.

Message History

Something smites you!
Unknown command.
Wudzu accepts your kill.
You feel a bit more experienced.
You hear a roar!
Unknown command.
You kill the smoke demon!
Wudzu accepts your kill.
The winds around you start to calm down.
You float gracefully downwards.
Unknown command.
Unknown command.
You start resting.
The winds around you calm down.
A great orb of eyes and a red devil come into view.
There are monsters nearby!
You have escaped!

#####........##....#
### #....(...##.##.#
..# #...........##.#
#.# #..............##           #
..# #..........###..#          ##
#.# #..........)....##        ##.
..# ####.####..#)##..#        #..
..#    #.###..##)###.#        #[≈
..#    #......).@>.'.######## #.P
.##  ###......##.###........###..
.#####...≈≈≈≈..#4##§§§§≈≈.......#
........≈≈≈≈≈≈..G...≈≈≈≈≈≈......#
..#.##..≈≈≈≈≈≈...§..§§§≈§≈......#
#.#.....≈≈≈≈≈≈......§§§≈§≈.......
#.#.###..≈≈≈≈...##(.§≈§≈≈....#..#
#.#.###........####.....§...##...
#.#............######...........≈

You could see a great orb of eyes and a red devil.

Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
-------+----------+-------------------------------------------
     0 | D:1      | removeelyvilon the Naga Transmuter began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1      | Reached XP level 1. HP: 18/18 MP: 3/3
   100 | D:1      | Reached XP level 2. HP: 17/26 MP: 5/5
   409 | D:1      | Learned a level 2 spell: Sticks to Snakes
   796 | D:1      | Reached XP level 3. HP: 33/33 MP: 4/6
   808 | D:1      | Learned a level 3 spell: Spider Form
  1012 | D:1      | Reached skill level 1 in Poison Magic
  1439 | D:2      | Found a white marble altar of Elyvilon.
  1493 | D:2      | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
  1714 | D:2      | Reached XP level 4. HP: 40/40 MP: 3/7
  2416 | D:3      | Found an overgrown altar of Wudzu.
  2511 | D:3      | Became a worshipper of Wudzu the Untamed
  2526 | D:3      | Noticed Jessica
  2536 | D:3      | Killed Jessica
  2536 | D:3      | Reached XP level 5. HP: 42/48 MP: 1/8
  2584 | D:3      | Reached skill level 4 in Unarmed Combat
  3214 | D:4      | Reached XP level 6. HP: 56/56 MP: 5/9
  3230 | D:4      | Noticed Natasha
  3239 | D:4      | Killed Natasha
  3306 | D:4      | Found a staircase to the Ecumenical Temple.
  3322 | D:4      | Noticed Natasha
  3335 | D:4      | Reached skill level 5 in Unarmed Combat
  3350 | D:4      | Reached * piety under Wudzu
  3354 | D:4      | Killed Natasha
  3380 | D:4      | Noticed Natasha
  3385 | D:4      | Killed Natasha
  3447 | D:4      | Reached XP level 7. HP: 56/62 MP: 10/10
  3495 | D:4      | Found a snail-covered altar of Cheibriados.
  3501 | D:4      | Found a sacrificial altar of Ru.
  3510 | D:4      | Found a sparkling altar of Nemelex Xobeh.
  3513 | D:4      | Found a deep blue altar of Sif Muna.
  3580 | D:4      | Learned a level 4 spell: Ice Form
  3657 | D:4      | Reached skill level 6 in Unarmed Combat
  3776 | D:5      | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  3802 | D:5      | Reached skill level 1 in Evocations
  3802 | D:5      | Reached XP level 8. HP: 73/73 MP: 7/11
  3815 | D:5      | Reached ** piety under Wudzu
  3883 | D:5      | Found Vuhaw's Antique Weapon Shoppe.
  4114 | D:5      | Found a shimmering altar of Xom.
  4349 | D:6      | Reached skill level 7 in Unarmed Combat
  4408 | D:6      | Reached skill level 5 in Fighting
  4765 | D:7      | Found Borar's Distillery.
  4778 | D:7      | Bought a potion of heal wounds for 65 gold pieces
  4778 | D:7      | Bought a potion of lignification for 39 gold pieces
  4797 | D:7      | Reached XP level 9. HP: 69/82 MP: 9/12
  4904 | D:7      | Reached skill level 8 in Unarmed Combat
  4905 | D:7      | Reached *** piety under Wudzu
  4937 | D:7      | Found a deep blue altar of Sif Muna.
  5071 | D:7      | Reached skill level 1 in Invocations
  5252 | D:7      | Reached skill level 5 in Dodging
  5284 | D:7      | Found an ancient bone altar of Kikubaaqudgha.
  5942 | D:8      | Noticed Maurice
  5943 | D:8      | Reached XP level 10. HP: 61/92 MP: 11/13
  5982 | D:8      | Killed Maurice
  6062 | D:8      | Found a staircase to the Lair.
  6111 | D:8      | Reached skill level 9 in Unarmed Combat
  6148 | D:8      | Found a hazy altar of Hepliaklqana.
  6356 | D:8      | Noticed Joseph
  6372 | D:8      | Killed Joseph
  6372 | D:8      | Reached **** piety under Wudzu
  6593 | D:9      | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
  6599 | D:9      | Found Ylud's Armour Boutique.
  7137 | D:10     | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
  7184 | D:10     | Reached XP level 11. HP: 97/103 MP: 14/14
  7279 | D:10     | Noticed a hill giant
  7290 | D:10     | Killed a hill giant
  7290 | D:10     | Reached skill level 5 in Invocations
  7527 | D:10     | Reached skill level 1 in Ice Magic
  7570 | D:10     | Noticed Urug
  7587 | D:10     | Killed Urug
  7949 | D:11     | Noticed a hill giant
  7959 | D:11     | Reached ***** piety under Wudzu
  7964 | D:11     | Killed a hill giant
  8169 | D:11     | Reached skill level 5 in Transmutations
  8182 | D:11     | Found a labyrinth entrance.
  8199 | Lab      | Entered a labyrinth
  8482 | Lab      | Noticed a minotaur
  8491 | Lab      | Killed a minotaur
  8506 | Lab      | Got a coiled bone ring
  8509 | Lab      | Identified the ring "Zoexuxzy" {rC+ rN+ MR- Int+6} (You found it in a labyrinth)
  8524 | Lab      | Learned a level 5 spell: Blade Hands
  8576 | D:11     | Noticed a purple ugly thing
  8584 | D:11     | Killed a purple ugly thing
  8584 | D:11     | Reached skill level 5 in Spellcasting
  8751 | D:11     | Reached XP level 12. HP: 97/112 MP: 14/20
  8772 | D:11     | Found Feney's Jewellery Shoppe.
  8908 | D:12     | Found Ulid's Book Emporium.
  8968 | D:12     | Found a staircase to the Orcish Mines.
  9009 | D:12     | Noticed Nergalle
  9023 | D:12     | Killed Nergalle
  9166 | D:12     | Noticed Sonja
  9179 | D:12     | Killed Sonja
  9581 | D:9      | Bought the +1 helmet of Peownur {rElec rN+ Slay+3 Stlth-} for 544 gold pieces
  9718 | D:13     | Reached skill level 1 in Stealth
  9963 | D:13     | Reached skill level 5 in Stealth
  9979 | D:13     | Found a gate to the Vaults.
 10366 | D:14     | Gained mutation: You can use your snake-like lower body to constrict enemies. [Naga growth]
 10366 | D:14     | Reached XP level 13. HP: 121/121 MP: 23/23
 10716 | D:14     | Reached skill level 10 in Fighting
 10823 | D:14     | Learned a level 2 spell: Blink
 10826 | D:14     | Learned a level 2 spell: Repel Missiles
 10944 | D:14     | Reached skill level 1 in Charms
 11092 | D:14     | Reached skill level 1 in Translocations
 11176 | D:15     | Entered Level 15 of the Dungeon
 11245 | D:15     | Learned a level 6 spell: Hydra Form
 11321 | D:15     | Noticed an ettin
 11327 | D:15     | Killed an ettin
 11432 | D:15     | Found a staircase to the Depths.
 11433 | D:15     | Found a portal to a secret trove of treasure.
 11643 | D:15     | Reached skill level 10 in Transmutations
 12514 | Lair:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
 12667 | Lair:1   | Reached ****** piety under Wudzu
 12669 | Lair:1   | Reached XP level 14. HP: 112/135 MP: 23/26
 12960 | Lair:1   | Noticed ishanyx's ghost (journeyman OpCj)
 13774 | Lair:1   | Killed ishanyx's ghost
 13893 | Lair:2   | Found a staircase to the Shoals.
 13999 | Lair:2   | Noticed Prince Ribbit
 14008 | Lair:2   | Killed Prince Ribbit
 14091 | Lair:2   | Noticed Gastronok
 14109 | Lair:2   | Killed Gastronok
 14825 | Lair:2   | Learned a level 6 spell: Statue Form
 14939 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 1 in Earth Magic
 16020 | Lair:4   | Noticed Harold
 16038 | Lair:4   | Found a staircase to the Snake Pit.
 16042 | Lair:4   | Killed Harold
 16630 | Lair:5   | Found a staircase to the Slime Pits.
 16630 | Lair:5   | Found a viscous altar of Jiyva.
 16825 | Lair:5   | Identified Sif Muna's Tome of Shifting Calling
 17352 | Lair:6   | Entered Level 6 of the Lair of Beasts
 17366 | Lair:6   | Reached skill level 5 in Earth Magic
 17366 | Lair:6   | Reached XP level 15. HP: 141/141 MP: 16/28
 17687 | Lair:6   | Reached skill level 10 in Spellcasting
 17808 | Lair:6   | Learned a level 7 spell: Dragon Form
 18375 | Orc:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Orcish Mines
 18415 | Orc:1    | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 18525 | Orc:2    | Entered Level 2 of the Orcish Mines
 18539 | Orc:1    | Found Fenycsyw's Food Shoppe.
 18590 | Orc:2    | Found a staircase to the Elven Halls.
 19716 | Orc:2    | Gained mutation: Your body sometimes deteriorates upon taking damage. [a neqoxec]
 19723 | Orc:2    | Lost mutation: Your body sometimes deteriorates upon taking damage. [potion of cure mutation]
 19735 | Orc:2    | Reached skill level 15 in Transmutations
 19742 | Orc:2    | Found Aril's Armour Shoppe.
 19742 | Orc:2    | Found Reamp's Armour Boutique.
 19746 | Orc:2    | Found Giemebio's Gadget Shoppe.
 19746 | Orc:2    | Found Tufuz's Antique Weapon Boutique.
 20479 | Snake:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Snake Pit
 20615 | Snake:1  | Found a frozen archway.
 20634 | IceCv    | Entered an ice cave
 20916 | IceCv    | Reached XP level 16. HP: 150/150 MP: 25/30
 20925 | IceCv    | Learned a level 5 spell: Irradiate
 20995 | IceCv    | Noticed an Ice Fiend
 21003 | IceCv    | Killed an Ice Fiend
 21196 | Snake:1  | Reached skill level 10 in Unarmed Combat
 21374 | Snake:1  | Found Midghes's Book Shoppe.
 21374 | Snake:1  | Found Rileaxte's Jewellery Emporium.
 21378 | Snake:1  | Found Sokene's Antique Armour Shoppe.
 21692 | Snake:2  | Noticed a nagaraja
 21702 | Snake:2  | Killed a nagaraja
 21962 | Snake:2  | Noticed Aizul
 21974 | Snake:2  | Killed Aizul
 22189 | Snake:2  | Noticed Jorgrun
 22202 | Snake:2  | Killed Jorgrun
 22299 | Snake:2  | Reached skill level 11 in Unarmed Combat
 22478 | Snake:3  | Noticed a nagaraja
 22490 | Snake:3  | Killed a nagaraja
 22580 | Snake:3  | Reached skill level 10 in Dodging
 22768 | Snake:3  | Noticed Vashnia
 23074 | Snake:3  | Reached skill level 12 in Unarmed Combat
 23139 | Snake:3  | Reached XP level 17. HP: 160/160 MP: 21/31
 23280 | Snake:3  | Killed Vashnia
 23765 | Snake:4  | Entered Level 4 of the Snake Pit
 24171 | Snake:4  | Reached skill level 13 in Unarmed Combat
 24448 | Snake:4  | Got a serpentine rune of Zot
 25514 | D:12     | Bought a book of Enchantments for 700 gold pieces
 25523 | D:12     | Learned a level 6 spell: Haste
 25692 | Shoals:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Shoals
 25692 | Shoals:1 | Found Uraod's Assorted Antiques.
 25699 | Shoals:1 | Bought a thin blue amulet for 95 gold pieces
 25699 | Shoals:1 | Bought a scroll labeled NOEDDU HOKIEXT for 19 gold pieces
 25701 | Shoals:1 | Bought an ichor-stained helmet for 180 gold pieces
 25728 | Shoals:1 | Identified the +2 helmet "Nis Mopt" {Dex+2} (You bought it in a shop on level 1 of the Shoals)
 25822 | Shoals:1 | Noticed Frances
 25834 | Shoals:1 | Killed Frances
 25834 | Shoals:1 | Reached XP level 18. HP: 171/171 MP: 20/32
 25878 | Shoals:1 | Reached skill level 5 in Charms
 25905 | Shoals:1 | Noticed Donald
 25913 | Shoals:1 | Killed Donald
 25983 | Shoals:1 | Found Gphes's Goods Gallery.
 26479 | Shoals:2 | Reached skill level 1 in Shields
 26656 | Shoals:2 | Identified a scroll of acquirement
 26676 | Shoals:2 | Learned a level 3 spell: Regeneration
 27042 | Shoals:3 | Found Ygiyzer's Distillery.
 27366 | Shoals:3 | Found Jitup's Armour Shoppe.
 27497 | Shoals:4 | Entered Level 4 of the Shoals
 27556 | Shoals:4 | Noticed Ilsuiw
 27581 | Shoals:4 | Killed Ilsuiw
 27757 | Shoals:3 | Found Pomit's Antique Weapon Emporium.
 27776 | Shoals:3 | Found Syof's Distillery.
 27812 | Shoals:3 | Bought a potion of agility for 68 gold pieces
 27812 | Shoals:3 | Bought a potion of brilliance for 68 gold pieces
 28046 | Shoals:4 | Reached skill level 5 in Shields
 28443 | Shoals:4 | Reached XP level 19. HP: 178/178 MP: 30/34
 28717 | Shoals:4 | Got a barnacled rune of Zot
 29128 | Vaults:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Vaults
 29481 | Vaults:1 | Found Kixidduu's Antique Armour Boutique.
 29517 | Vaults:1 | Reached skill level 10 in Charms
 30467 | Vaults:2 | Found Imaune's Antique Weapon Shop.
 30938 | Vaults:2 | Reached XP level 20. HP: 187/187 MP: 35/35
 31035 | Vaults:2 | Paralysed by a floating eye for 4 turns
 31048 | Vaults:2 | Paralysed by a floating eye for 4 turns
 32236 | Vaults:3 | Found Ahuu's Magic Scroll Shop.
 32478 | Vaults:3 | Found Hitralumo's Weapon Shop.
 32767 | Vaults:3 | Found a staircase to the Crypt.
 32790 | Vaults:3 | Found Edur's Jewellery Boutique.
 32798 | Vaults:3 | Bought an uncursed ring of protection from fire for 400 gold pieces
 32888 | Vaults:3 | Found Ytewoac's Food Emporium.
 33110 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 14 in Unarmed Combat
 33137 | Vaults:4 | Noticed a Brimstone Fiend
 33185 | Vaults:4 | Noticed Frederick
 33198 | Vaults:4 | Killed Frederick
 33509 | Vaults:4 | Reached XP level 21. HP: 195/195 MP: 29/37
 33643 | Vaults:4 | Reached skill level 10 in Invocations
 34679 | Elf:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Elven Halls
 36120 | Elf:2    | Found a huge runed gate.
 36685 | Elf:2    | Cast into level 3 of the Abyss (halberd of distortion)
 36760 | Abyss:3  | Found a corrupted altar of Lugonu.
 36779 | Abyss:3  | Reached skill level 15 in Unarmed Combat
 36810 | Abyss:3  | Got an abyssal rune of Zot
 36856 | Abyss:3  | Paralysed by accursed screaming for 1 turns
 36856 | Abyss:3  | Reached XP level 22. HP: 207/207 MP: 32/38
 36858 | Abyss:3  | Paralysed by accursed screaming for 1 turns
 36912 | Elf:2    | Escaped the Abyss
 36922 | Elf:2    | Noticed Saint Roka
 36938 | Elf:2    | Killed Saint Roka
 37344 | Elf:3    | Entered Level 3 of the Elven Halls
 37344 | Elf:3    | Found a deep blue altar of Sif Muna.
 37424 | Elf:3    | Found Deixusytt's Magic Scroll Emporium.
 37430 | Elf:3    | Bought a scroll of blinking for 75 gold pieces
 37430 | Elf:3    | Bought a scroll of teleportation for 30 gold pieces
 37973 | Elf:3    | Reached skill level 15 in Fighting
 38571 | Elf:3    | Got a wavering jade ring
 38572 | Elf:3    | Identified the ring of Figo {+Fly rElec MR- Str+4} (You took it off a deep elf blademaster on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 38953 | Depths:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Depths
 39095 | Depths:1 | Identified a +6 rod of inaccuracy (10/10) (You took it off a deep elf death mage on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 39118 | Depths:1 | Found a one-way gate to the infinite horrors of the Abyss.
 39174 | Depths:1 | Found an iron altar of Okawaru.
 39244 | Depths:1 | Found a gateway to Hell.
 39381 | Depths:1 | Reached XP level 23. HP: 218/218 MP: 36/40
 39621 | Depths:2 | Reached skill level 16 in Unarmed Combat
 39885 | Depths:2 | Found a one-way gate leading to the halls of Pandemonium.
 39893 | Depths:2 | Found Kien's Magic Scroll Emporium.
 39899 | Depths:2 | Bought a scroll of teleportation for 57 gold pieces
 39914 | Depths:2 | Paralysed by a floating eye for 3 turns
 40052 | Depths:2 | Found Nyigue's Food Shoppe.
 40056 | Depths:2 | Bought 5 fruits for 90 gold pieces
 40056 | Depths:2 | Bought 4 fruits for 72 gold pieces
 40415 | Depths:2 | Noticed Mara
 40421 | Depths:2 | Noticed removeelyvilon's illusion
 40429 | Depths:2 | Killed Mara
 40724 | Vaults:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Vaults
 41314 | Depths:3 | Reached skill level 17 in Unarmed Combat
 41837 | Depths:3 | Reached XP level 24. HP: 230/230 MP: 34/41
 41841 | Depths:3 | Reached skill level 15 in Spellcasting
 42589 | Depths:4 | Found a gateway to a ziggurat.
 42592 | Depths:4 | Reached skill level 18 in Unarmed Combat
 42701 | Depths:4 | Noticed Xtahua
 42710 | Depths:4 | Killed Xtahua
 42813 | Depths:4 | Noticed an ancient lich
 42820 | Depths:4 | Killed an ancient lich
 43131 | Depths:4 | Paralysed by a floating eye for 3 turns
 43142 | Depths:4 | Paralysed by a floating eye for 2 turns
 43173 | Depths:4 | Got a pitted diamond amulet
 43175 | Depths:4 | Identified the amulet "Ysuqay" {Dismiss rN+} (You found it on level 4 of the Depths)
 43465 | Depths:4 | Learned a level 6 spell: Deflect Missiles
 43566 | Depths:4 | Reached skill level 1 in Air Magic
 43656 | Depths:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Depths
 43979 | Depths:5 | Found a gate to the Realm of Zot.
 43992 | Depths:5 | Reached XP level 25. HP: 241/241 MP: 39/43
 44355 | Depths:5 | Reached skill level 19 in Unarmed Combat
 44449 | Depths:5 | Reached skill level 5 in Air Magic
 44780 | Crypt:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Crypt
 45217 | Crypt:1  | Identified the Tome of the Penguin
 45221 | Crypt:1  | Learned a level 1 spell: Summon Butterflies
 45673 | Crypt:2  | Reached skill level 1 in Summonings
 46305 | Crypt:3  | Entered Level 3 of the Crypt
 46542 | Crypt:3  | Gained mutation: You can exhale a cloud of poison. [potion of beneficial mutation]
 46543 | Crypt:3  | Identified the ring "Pyameagh" {+Fly rN+ Slay+2 SInv} (You found it on level 3 of the Crypt)
 46547 | Crypt:3  | Got a bound brass ring
 46552 | Crypt:3  | Identified the ring "Baiplamat" {rF+ rN+} (You found it on level 3 of the Crypt)
 46553 | Crypt:3  | Got a scintillating pewter ring
 46558 | Crypt:3  | Identified the ring "Kiulinosk" {rC- rN+ Str+5 Int+2} (You found it on level 3 of the Crypt)
 46831 | Crypt:3  | Learned a level 5 spell: Aura of Abjuration
 47364 | Crypt:3  | Found a staircase to the Tomb.
 47387 | Crypt:3  | Noticed an ancient lich
 47397 | Crypt:3  | Killed an ancient lich
 47397 | Crypt:3  | Reached skill level 20 in Unarmed Combat
 47485 | Crypt:3  | Reached XP level 26. HP: 253/253 MP: 43/43
 48170 | Slime:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Pits of Slime
 48838 | Slime:4  | Reached skill level 5 in Summonings
 48866 | Slime:5  | Entered Level 5 of the Pits of Slime
 48877 | Slime:5  | Reached skill level 10 in Air Magic
 48905 | Slime:5  | Noticed the Royal Jelly
 48916 | Slime:5  | Killed the Royal Jelly
 48948 | Slime:5  | Got a slimy rune of Zot
 48949 | Slime:5  | Identified Sif Muna's Volume of the Dislocated Volcanoes
 48986 | Slime:5  | Learned a level 5 spell: Silence
 49014 | Slime:5  | Identified the ring "Ocag" {*Tele Int+3} (You found it on level 5 of the Pits of Slime)
 49046 | Slime:5  | Identified the Compendium of Toxic Displacement
 49627 | Vaults:5 | Reached skill level 1 in Hexes
 49673 | Vaults:5 | Noticed an ancient lich
 49719 | Vaults:5 | Reached skill level 21 in Unarmed Combat
 49954 | Vaults:5 | Noticed an ancient lich
 49960 | Vaults:5 | Killed an ancient lich
 50124 | Vaults:5 | Reached skill level 5 in Hexes
 50163 | Vaults:5 | Reached XP level 27. HP: 262/262 MP: 43/43
 50314 | Vaults:5 | Got a steaming granite ring
 50316 | Vaults:5 | Identified the ring "Cixor" {rF- Int+3 Stlth-} (You took it off an orc warrior on level 5 of the Vaults)
 50506 | Vaults:5 | Noticed an ancient lich
 50516 | Vaults:5 | Killed an ancient lich
 50522 | Vaults:5 | Found Hym Icee's Distillery.
 50522 | Vaults:5 | Found Meweme's Magic Scroll Boutique.
 50527 | Vaults:5 | Bought a potion of heal wounds for 105 gold pieces
 50527 | Vaults:5 | Bought a potion of agility for 84 gold pieces
 50527 | Vaults:5 | Bought a potion of brilliance for 84 gold pieces
 50527 | Vaults:5 | Bought 2 potions of brilliance for 168 gold pieces
 50527 | Vaults:5 | Bought a potion of invisibility for 168 gold pieces
 50527 | Vaults:5 | Bought a potion of invisibility for 168 gold pieces
 50527 | Vaults:5 | Bought a potion of ambrosia for 168 gold pieces
 50527 | Vaults:5 | Bought a potion of cure mutation for 525 gold pieces
 50527 | Vaults:5 | Bought a potion of brilliance for 84 gold pieces
 50543 | Vaults:5 | Bought a scroll of holy word for 90 gold pieces
 50543 | Vaults:5 | Bought a scroll of holy word for 90 gold pieces
 50556 | Vaults:5 | Killed an ancient lich
 50565 | Vaults:5 | Found Qigin's Magic Scroll Shoppe.
 50620 | Vaults:5 | Bought a scroll of blinking for 127 gold pieces
 50620 | Vaults:5 | Bought a scroll of recharging for 161 gold pieces
 51032 | Vaults:5 | Got a silver rune of Zot
 51033 | Vaults:5 | Identified the Almanac of Dark Execration
 51801 | Zot:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Realm of Zot
 52801 | Zot:2    | Noticed an ancient lich
 52812 | Zot:2    | Killed an ancient lich
 52984 | Zot:2    | Reached skill level 15 in Air Magic
 53934 | Zot:3    | Noticed an orb of fire
 53938 | Zot:3    | Gained mutation: You regenerate slowly when monsters are visible. [an orb of fire]
 53939 | Zot:3    | Killed an orb of fire
 54370 | Depths:5 | Learned a level 9 spell: Tornado
 55601 | Zot:5    | Entered Level 5 of the Realm of Zot
 56544 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 56554 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 56558 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 56566 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
 56572 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 56574 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
 56583 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
 56588 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
 56686 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 56688 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 56692 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 56735 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 56903 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
 56912 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
 56935 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
 56942 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: You are dopey. (Int -2) [an orb of fire]
 56946 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
 57444 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 57449 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
 57461 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 57465 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
 57836 | Zot:5    | Learned a level 6 spell: Freezing Cloud
 58007 | Pan      | Entered Pandemonium
 58290 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
 58635 | Pan      | Noticed Nixu Duk the pandemonium lord
 58637 | Pan      | Reached skill level 10 in Stealth
 58657 | Pan      | Killed Nixu Duk the pandemonium lord
 59321 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
 59419 | Pan      | Gained mutation: You occasionally shout uncontrollably at your foes. [mutagenic glow]
 59602 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
 59895 | Pan      | Noticed Doczapt the pandemonium lord
 59914 | Pan      | Killed Doczapt the pandemonium lord
 60236 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
 60296 | Pan      | Reached skill level 5 in Evocations
 60913 | Pan      | Noticed Jaawn the pandemonium lord
 60933 | Pan      | Killed Jaawn the pandemonium lord
 61112 | Pan      | Noticed Boonn the pandemonium lord
 61122 | Pan      | Killed Boonn the pandemonium lord
 61429 | Pan      | Noticed Xacanir the pandemonium lord
 61439 | Pan      | Gained mutation: You expend magic power (3 MP) to strengthen your wands. [a cacodemon]
 61476 | Pan      | Killed Xacanir the pandemonium lord
 61804 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
 61874 | Pan      | Got a bound brass amulet
 61883 | Pan      | Noticed Mury the pandemonium lord
 61915 | Pan      | Killed Mury the pandemonium lord
 62102 | Pan      | Noticed Fipemem the pandemonium lord
 62115 | Pan      | Identified the amulet of Piluumoe {Faith +Blink Str-4 Dex+3} (You took it off a gelid demonspawn in Pandemonium)
 62475 | Pan      | Killed Fipemem the pandemonium lord
 62801 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
 63127 | Pan      | Noticed Hurix the pandemonium lord
 63137 | Pan      | Killed Hurix the pandemonium lord
 63169 | Pan      | Lost mutation: You occasionally shout uncontrollably at your foes. [potion of cure mutation]
 63169 | Pan      | Lost mutation: You expend magic power (3 MP) to strengthen your wands. [potion of cure mutation]
 63169 | Pan      | Lost mutation: You are dopey. (Int -2) [potion of cure mutation]
 63169 | Pan      | Lost mutation: You can exhale a cloud of poison. [potion of cure mutation]
 63169 | Pan      | Lost mutation: You regenerate slowly when monsters are visible. [potion of cure mutation]
 63305 | Pan      | Entered the realm of Mnoleg.
 63355 | Pan      | Gained mutation: You tend to lose your temper in combat. [a neqoxec]
 63387 | Pan      | Reached skill level 15 in Stealth
 63419 | Pan      | Noticed Mnoleg
 63426 | Pan      | Killed Mnoleg
 63471 | Pan      | Gained mutation: You occasionally shout uncontrollably at your foes. [a neqoxec]
 63479 | Pan      | Gained mutation: You expend magic power (3 MP) to strengthen your wands. [a neqoxec]
 63524 | Pan      | Got a glowing rune of Zot
 63557 | Pan      | Lost mutation: You tend to lose your temper in combat. [potion of cure mutation]
 63557 | Pan      | Lost mutation: You expend magic power (3 MP) to strengthen your wands. [potion of cure mutation]
 63557 | Pan      | Lost mutation: You occasionally shout uncontrollably at your foes. [potion of cure mutation]
 63634 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
 63697 | Pan      | Found a runed door.
 63767 | Pan      | Reached skill level 10 in Evocations
 63792 | Pan      | Noticed Gioschykk the pandemonium lord
 63802 | Pan      | Killed Gioschykk the pandemonium lord
 63805 | Pan      | Got a demonic rune of Zot
 63849 | Pan      | Gained mutation: You are robust. (+10% HP) [mutagenic glow]
 63888 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
 64155 | Depths:5 | Escaped Pandemonium
 64157 | Pan      | Entered Pandemonium
 64250 | Pan      | Gained mutation: You are dopey. (Int -2) [a neqoxec]
 64253 | Pan      | Gained mutation: You have a pair of small antennae on your head. [a neqoxec]
 64256 | Pan      | Gained mutation: You expend magic power (3 MP) to strengthen your wands. [a neqoxec]
 64420 | Pan      | Entered the realm of Gloorx Vloq.
 64541 | Pan      | Noticed Gloorx Vloq
 64553 | Pan      | Killed Gloorx Vloq
 64568 | Pan      | Got a dark rune of Zot
 64769 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
 64907 | Pan      | Reached skill level 15 in Evocations
 64935 | Pan      | Noticed Ulixe the pandemonium lord
 64950 | Pan      | Killed Ulixe the pandemonium lord
 65125 | Pan      | Noticed Enladd the pandemonium lord
 65141 | Pan      | Killed Enladd the pandemonium lord
 65369 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
 65544 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
 65618 | Pan      | Noticed Zoxorebb the pandemonium lord
 65626 | Pan      | Killed Zoxorebb the pandemonium lord
 65654 | Pan      | Gained mutation: You are weak. (Str -2) [a neqoxec]
 65972 | Pan      | Entered the realm of Lom Lobon.
 66017 | Pan      | Noticed Mennas
 66030 | Pan      | Killed Mennas
 66036 | Pan      | Identified the cursed +0 large shield of Weightlessness {rC+ Int+5 SInv} (You took it off Mennas in Pandemonium)
 66365 | Pan      | Reached skill level 10 in Shields
 66523 | Pan      | Noticed Lom Lobon
 66566 | Pan      | Killed Lom Lobon
 66581 | Pan      | Got a magical rune of Zot
 67130 | Pan      | Entered the realm of Cerebov.
 67189 | Pan      | Noticed Cerebov
 67975 | Pan      | Killed Cerebov
 67992 | Pan      | Got a fiery rune of Zot
 68019 | Pan      | Identified the Grimoire of Transformation and the Mountains
 68053 | Pan      | Identified the Catalogue of Lucky Dislocation
 68092 | Pan      | Identified the Handbook of Lethal Summoning
 68218 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
 68227 | Pan      | Took an exit into the Abyss.
 68227 | Abyss:1  | Escaped into the Abyss
 68252 | Abyss:1  | Found a corrupted altar of Lugonu.
 68274 | Depths:5 | Escaped the Abyss
 68714 | Vaults:3 | Bought an uncursed ring of protection from fire for 400 gold pieces
 69087 | Zot:2    | Learned a level 8 spell: Controlled Blink
 69440 | Temple   | Entered the Ecumenical Temple
 69964 | Vaults:3 | Bought a scroll of fog for 42 gold pieces
 69964 | Vaults:3 | Bought a scroll of teleportation for 63 gold pieces
 69964 | Vaults:3 | Bought a scroll of fog for 42 gold pieces
 69964 | Vaults:3 | Bought a scroll of silence for 157 gold pieces
 70224 | Hell     | Entered the Vestibule of Hell
 70224 | Hell     | Noticed Geryon
 70254 | Hell     | Killed Geryon
 70337 | Hell     | Found a gateway to the freezing wastes of Cocytus.
 70580 | Hell     | Found a gateway to the Iron City of Dis.
 70646 | Hell     | Found a gateway to the ashen valley of Gehenna.
 70779 | Hell     | Reached skill level 15 in Shields
 70868 | Hell     | Found a gateway to the decaying netherworld of Tartarus.
 70968 | Tar:1    | Entered Level 1 of Tartarus
 71034 | Tar:1    | Reached skill level 5 in Translocations
 72143 | Tar:7    | Entered Level 7 of Tartarus
 72243 | Tar:7    | Reached skill level 22 in Unarmed Combat
 72565 | Tar:7    | Got a twitching ivory ring
 72567 | Tar:7    | Identified the ring "Bunifrog" {MR+ SInv Stlth+} (You found it on level 7 of Tartarus)
 72653 | Tar:7    | Noticed Ereshkigal
 72687 | Tar:7    | Killed Ereshkigal
 72728 | Tar:7    | Got a bone rune of Zot
 72965 | Coc:1    | Entered Level 1 of Cocytus
 74073 | Coc:4    | Reached skill level 23 in Unarmed Combat
 74091 | Coc:4    | Reached skill level 10 in Summonings
 74400 | Coc:7    | Entered Level 7 of Cocytus
 74786 | Coc:7    | Gained mutation: You are clumsy. (Dex -2) [mutagenic glow]
 74827 | Coc:7    | Lost mutation: You are dopey. (Int -2) [potion of cure mutation]
 74827 | Coc:7    | Lost mutation: You have a pair of small antennae on your head. [potion of cure mutation]
 74827 | Coc:7    | Lost mutation: You are weak. (Str -2) [potion of cure mutation]
 74827 | Coc:7    | Lost mutation: You are clumsy. (Dex -2) [potion of cure mutation]
 74827 | Coc:7    | Lost mutation: You expend magic power (3 MP) to strengthen your wands. [potion of cure mutation]
 74850 | Coc:7    | Reached skill level 24 in Unarmed Combat
 75068 | Coc:7    | Noticed Antaeus
 75084 | Coc:7    | Killed Antaeus
 75100 | Coc:7    | Got an icy rune of Zot
 75456 | Dis:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Iron City of Dis
 76536 | Dis:5    | Reached skill level 25 in Unarmed Combat
 76826 | Dis:7    | Entered Level 7 of the Iron City of Dis
 76929 | Dis:7    | Noticed Dispater
 76945 | Dis:7    | Killed Dispater
 77010 | Dis:7    | Got an iron rune of Zot
 77075 | Geh:1    | Entered Level 1 of Gehenna
 77518 | Geh:7    | Entered Level 7 of Gehenna
 77732 | Geh:7    | Reached skill level 26 in Unarmed Combat
 77984 | Geh:7    | Noticed Asmodeus
 78006 | Geh:7    | Killed Asmodeus
 78067 | Geh:7    | Identified the Almanac of Weightlessness and Creation
 78097 | Geh:7    | Identified a +9 rod of inaccuracy (9/9) (You found it on level 7 of Gehenna)
 78114 | Geh:7    | Got an obsidian rune of Zot
 78983 | Tomb:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Tomb of the Ancients
 79452 | Tomb:1   | Noticed a greater mummy
 79460 | Tomb:1   | Killed a greater mummy
 79748 | Tomb:2   | Noticed a greater mummy
 79810 | Tomb:2   | Killed a greater mummy
 79816 | Tomb:1   | Killed a greater mummy
 79817 | Tomb:1   | Killed a greater mummy
 80137 | Tomb:2   | Killed a greater mummy
 80140 | Tomb:2   | Reached skill level 10 in Translocations
 80387 | Tomb:2   | Reached skill level 27 in Unarmed Combat
 80481 | Tomb:1   | Noticed a greater mummy
 80481 | Tomb:1   | Noticed a greater mummy
 80483 | Tomb:1   | Noticed a greater mummy
 80485 | Tomb:1   | Killed a greater mummy
 80495 | Tomb:1   | Killed a greater mummy
 80496 | Tomb:1   | Killed a greater mummy
 80573 | Tomb:1   | Noticed a greater mummy
 80580 | Tomb:1   | Killed a greater mummy
 80607 | Tomb:1   | Noticed a greater mummy
 80619 | Tomb:1   | Killed a greater mummy
 80638 | Tomb:1   | Noticed a greater mummy
 80646 | Tomb:1   | Killed a greater mummy
 80647 | Tomb:1   | Noticed a greater mummy
 80653 | Tomb:1   | Killed a greater mummy
 80664 | Tomb:1   | Killed a greater mummy
 80667 | Tomb:1   | Killed a greater mummy
 80964 | Tomb:1   | Noticed a greater mummy
 80972 | Tomb:1   | Killed a greater mummy
 80976 | Tomb:1   | Noticed a greater mummy
 80976 | Tomb:1   | Noticed a greater mummy
 80977 | Tomb:1   | Noticed a greater mummy
 80983 | Tomb:1   | Noticed a greater mummy
 80989 | Tomb:1   | Killed a greater mummy
 80993 | Tomb:1   | Killed a greater mummy
 80998 | Tomb:1   | Killed a greater mummy
 81002 | Tomb:1   | Killed a greater mummy
 81084 | Tomb:1   | Noticed a greater mummy
 81093 | Tomb:1   | Killed a greater mummy
 81737 | Tomb:3   | Entered Level 3 of the Tomb of the Ancients
 81978 | Tomb:3   | Noticed a greater mummy
 82131 | Tomb:3   | Noticed a greater mummy
 82133 | Tomb:3   | Noticed Khufu
 82134 | Tomb:3   | Noticed an ancient lich
 82137 | Tomb:3   | Noticed a greater mummy
 82697 | Tomb:3   | Noticed a greater mummy
 82703 | Tomb:3   | Killed an ancient lich
 82706 | Tomb:3   | Killed a greater mummy
 82715 | Tomb:2   | Killed a greater mummy
 82718 | Tomb:2   | Killed Khufu
 82719 | Tomb:2   | Killed a greater mummy
 82906 | Tomb:3   | Killed a greater mummy
 82946 | Tomb:3   | Noticed a greater mummy
 82953 | Tomb:3   | Noticed a greater mummy
 82963 | Tomb:3   | Killed a greater mummy
 82974 | Tomb:3   | Noticed a greater mummy
 82982 | Tomb:3   | Killed a greater mummy
 82984 | Tomb:3   | Killed a greater mummy
 83205 | Tomb:3   | Got a golden rune of Zot
 83261 | Tomb:3   | Identified the Guide on the Rocks and Intoxication
 83298 | Tomb:3   | Identified the Handbook of Conjuration
 84416 | Zot:2    | Reached skill level 15 in Translocations
 84580 | Zot:5    | Got the Orb of Zot
 84675 | Zot:4    | Noticed Epoxt the pandemonium lord
 85305 | D:1      | Gained mutation: You are occasionally teleported next to monsters. [mutagenic glow]
 85306 | D:1      | Lost mutation: You are robust. (+10% HP) [potion of cure mutation]
 85626 | D:1      | Noticed Qemiw the pandemonium lord
 85645 | D:1      | Killed Qemiw the pandemonium lord
 85684 | D:$      | Escaped with the Orb!

Vault maps used:
D:1:      dpeg_arrival_pits, serial_bayou, serial_bayou_pond_d,
          serial_bayou_ford_a, serial_bayou_pond_c, serial_bayou_shore_a,
          minmay_misc_feat_columns, st_stairs_4
D:2:      kennysheep_ying_yang, first_bread
D:3:      lemuel_round_altar, lemuel_flame_loot_1, uniq_jessica
D:4:      grunt_temple_overflow_cloverleaf, mrwooster_statue_mirror,
          uniq_natasha
D:5:      lemuel_ice_spiral_2, kennysheep_little_box, serial_shops,
          nicolae_shop_overgrown_old_shop
D:7:      serial_shops, shop_statue, hangedman_feature_mirror, the_bakery
D:8:      due_lair_maze_entry_diamond, basic_altar, uniq_joseph, uniq_maurice
D:9:      tso_metal_star, serial_shops, shop
D:10:     uniq_urug
D:11:     lab_entry_generic, serial_shops, nicolae_shop_stone,
          kennysheep_small_square
D:12:     orc_0_dummy, serial_shops, shop, lemuel_flamethrower_3, uniq_nergalle,
          uniq_sonja
D:13:     david_vaults_1
D:14:     minivault_26
D:15:     hangedman_depths_entry_civil_slaughter, serial_co_window_serial,
          co_window_paths_a, co_window_corner_a, co_window_of_opportunity_a,
          co_window_cross_1, co_window_paths_a, co_window_paths_a,
          co_window_of_opportunity_a, co_window_paths_a, co_window_paths_a,
          co_window_corner_b, co_window_cross_3, co_window_broadway_a,
          co_window_paths_c, glass_columns_b, hangedman_abyss_or_decor_stabs,
          nicolae_trove_entry_free_sample
Temple:   nicolae_temple_figure_eight
Lair:2:   elwin_shoals_entry_stream, infiniplex_staircase_pool,
          grunt_megastairs_5, uniq_prince_ribbit2, uniq_gastronok
Lair:4:   dummy_snake_entry, grunt_megastairs_4, uniq_harold
Lair:5:   slime_altar_1, worms_lemuel
Lair:6:   hangedman_lair_caniforms_friends, bh_autumn_forest_stairs,
          serial_bayou_shore_b
Shoals:1: serial_shops, shop, nicolae_alphabet_shops,
          nicolae_shoals_water_elemental_grotto, uniq_donald, uniq_frances
Shoals:3: serial_shops, nicolae_shop_window_shopping, nicolae_shop_stone,
          nicolae_shop_behind_doors, shop, st_shoals_ruin
Shoals:4: shoals_end_hangedman, shoal_ilsuiw, nicolae_shoals_water_shrine
Snake:1:  portal_ice_cave_entry_pillars_three, minmay_shop_star
Snake:2:  uniq_aizul, uniq_jorgrun
Snake:3:  grunt_ministairs_11, uniq_vashnia
Snake:4:  minmay_snake_end_coiled, serial_bayou_shore_b
Slime:2:  nicolae_slime_round_cave
Orc:1:    serial_shops, shop, basic_altar
Orc:2:    grunt_orc_tribal_feast
Elf:1:    hangedman_elf_represent, hangedman_elf_disciples
Elf:2:    special_room, basic_stair_grate_trap, uniq_saint_roka
Elf:3:    minmay_elf_hall_statues, basic_altar, serial_shops, nicolae_shop_stone
Vaults:1: nicolae_vaults_network_quincunx, v_misc_3, ontoclasm_vaults_ligature,
          ontoclasm_vaults_ring_square, nicolae_vaults_network_barrier,
          v_alt_pattern_6, v_pattern_5, nicolae_vaults_little_squares_3,
          hangedman_vaults_variations, vaults_room_octagon,
          nicolae_vaults_little_squares_5, grunt_vaults_focal,
          nicolae_vaults_rhombus_7, ontoclasm_vaults_fault, serial_shops, shop
Vaults:2: vaults_room_door_ring, vaults_mumra_hexcomb, vaults_room_pools,
          st_greater_box_5, vaults_room_door_ring,
          nicolae_vaults_border_crossing, nicolae_vaults_little_squares_5,
          nicolae_vaults_mini_display_case, serial_shops, shop
Vaults:3: minmay_crypt_entry_simple_sparse, ontoclasm_vaults_bender,
          nicolae_vaults_circle_grid_a, nicolae_vaults_little_ls,
          ontoclasm_vaults_ring_small, hangedman_vaults_cutoff,
          hangedman_vaults_trim, vaults_dpeg_hooks, vaults_dpeg_cross,
          nicolae_vaults_alarming, v_alt_pattern_1, serial_shops, shop, shop,
          nicolae_shop_stone, nicolae_shop_statue_plus
Vaults:4: vaults_room_fours, v_misc_31, v_misc_11, ontoclasm_vaults_eye,
          grunt_vaults_swirl, v_misc_13, hangedman_vaults_slither,
          vaults_room_semicircle, vaults_mumra_chevron_long,
          nicolae_vaults_asterisk, hangedman_vaults_impose, st_spiral_rooms,
          vaults_dpeg_encased_lava, v_misc_16, ontoclasm_vaults_loading_screen,
          ontoclasm_vaults_twist, uniq_frederick
Crypt:1:  st_stairs_13, grunt_crypt_arrival_split, grunt_megastairs_2
Crypt:3:  quadcrypt_mu
Depths:1: abyss_entry, okawaru_ov_weapons_minmay, hell_entry, evilmike_butchery
Depths:2: grunt_deathspiral_small, hangedman_coc_ice_floe, serial_shops,
          kennysheep_mini, shop, pan_entry, uniq_mara
Depths:3: minmay_quarter_circles, roderic_lattice_a, hell_entry,
          rand_demon_pan_entry_3, small_statue_intersection
Depths:4: lemuel_river_lethe, hell_entry, abyss_entry, uniq_xtahua
Depths:5: grunt_zot_entry_tricorne, grunt_pan_entry_sceptre, hell_entry
Dis:3:    grunt_megastairs_1
Dis:7:    dis_st
Geh:1:    evilmike_ambush
Geh:4:    hangedman_mysterious_dungeon_monster_house
Geh:6:    nicolae_geh_sunburst
Geh:7:    geh_mu
Coc:7:    coc_dpeg
Tar:2:    nicolae_tar_cuneiform_heaven
Tar:7:    tar_mu
Zot:2:    hangedman_zot_vaults_quadrants
Abyss:1:  hangedman_abyss_monster_moat
Abyss:3:  evilmike_abyss_rune_siren_acolytes, hangedman_abyss_mock_shop
Pan:      evilmike_mini_pan_doors_b, pan_blood_fountain_small, rand_demon_5,
          nicolae_pan_cerebovesque_3, regret_index_pan_draining_boxed,
          evilmike_mini_pan_corridor, rand_demon_3, evilmike_mini_pan_V,
          pan_blood_fountain_small, rand_demon_2, evilmike_mini_pan_V,
          rand_demon_6, nicolae_pan_lom_lobonic_1, lemuel_hellion_island,
          grunt_pan_pentagram, pan_blood_fountain, rand_demon_4,
          evilmike_mini_pan_other_thingy, evilmike_mini_pan_other_thingy,
          grunt_pan_in_and_out, pan_blood_fountain_2, lemuel_hall_of_pain,
          pan_blood_fountain, rand_demon_8, nicolae_pan_sigil_uleosi,
          nicolae_pan_diamonds, mnoleg_grunt_wretched_star, rand_demon_9,
          nicolae_pan_lom_lobonic_4, evilmike_mini_pan_pillars,
          evilmike_holy_pan, evilmike_mini_pan_T, nicolae_pan_diamonds,
          pan_blood_fountain, gloorx_vloq_grunt, pan_blood_fountain_small,
          evilmike_mini_pan_pillars_b, pan_blood_fountain,
          nicolae_pan_gloorx_vloqian_2, nicolae_pan_double_arrow,
          evilmike_mini_pan_thingy, evilmike_mini_pan_pillars,
          nicolae_pan_sigil_eeng, nicolae_pan_hourglass, grunt_pan_sceptre,
          nicolae_pan_giant_door, pan_blood_fountain_small,
          nicolae_pan_sick_transit, evilmike_mini_pan_possible_glass,
          evilmike_mini_pan_3x3, grunt_pan_zigzag, rand_demon_6,
          nicolae_pan_hourglass, grunt_pan_in_and_out, pan_blood_fountain,
          lom_lobon_grunt, pan_blood_fountain_2, uniq_mennas_pan,
          pan_blood_fountain_small, grunt_pan_spiral, rand_demon_2, cerebov
Lab:      labyrinth_mini_lab, nicolae_lab_plus, nicolae_lab_hexagon,
          nicolae_lab_do_over, labyrinth_lava_lair
IceCv:    ice_cave_tombish

Skill      XL: |  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 |
---------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-----
Fighting       |  2           3     4  5  6  8     9 11       12 13          14 15 16 17    18 25 | 25.6
Poison Magic   |        2                                                                         |  2.5
Unarmed Combat |              4  5  6  7  8  9                12 13       14 15    17 18 20 21 27 | 27.0
Transmutations |              3                 6  9 10 13 15                                     | 15.9
Dodging        |                 2  3  4  6  8  9             10 11          13 14                | 14.8
Evocations     |                    1                                                          18 | 18.8
Invocations    |                          3  4  5                       6  9 10    11 12          | 12.7
Ice Magic      |                                3                                                 |  3.0
Spellcasting   |                                5  7  8  9 10       11    12    13 14 16       21 | 21.2
Stealth        |                                   9                                           20 | 20.0
Charms         |                                      2     3  4     9 10 11                      | 11.3
Translocations |                                      3        4                               16 | 16.1
Earth Magic    |                                         5  6     8                               |  8.0
Shields        |                                                     6  9                      18 | 18.3
Air Magic      |                                                                       3  9 10 24 | 24.4
Summonings     |                                                                          4  5 11 | 11.8
Hexes          |                                                                             5  6 |  6.2

Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 | 13-15 | 16-18 | 19-21 | 22-24 | 25-27 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------++-------
Melee: Unarmed           |   144 |   172 |   270 |   522 |   909 |   770 |  1211 |  1117 |  6741 || 11856
       Punch             |     2 |     1 |     5 |    13 |    19 |    52 |    10 |    43 |    34 ||   179
       Headbutt          |     3 |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       ||     3
       Constrict         |       |       |       |       |    75 |   131 |   180 |    76 |  1039 ||  1501
       Tailslap          |       |       |       |       |     5 |    25 |    22 |    93 |    69 ||   214
       Bite              |       |       |       |       |     4 |    14 |    17 |    64 |    62 ||   161
 Cast: Beastly Appendage |     4 |     2 |       |       |       |       |       |       |       ||     6
       Sticks to Snakes  |     1 |     2 |       |       |       |       |     6 |       |       ||     9
       Spider Form       |     9 |    17 |    14 |    26 |     3 |       |       |       |       ||    69
       Blade Hands       |       |       |       |    12 |     6 |       |       |       |       ||    18
       Hydra Form        |       |       |       |       |    55 |     5 |       |       |       ||    60
       Ice Form          |       |       |       |       |     2 |       |       |       |       ||     2
       Statue Form       |       |       |       |       |    14 |    50 |    47 |    24 |   321 ||   456
       Repel Missiles    |       |       |       |       |     1 |    15 |     4 |     7 |       ||    27
       Dragon Form       |       |       |       |       |     1 |    14 |    12 |    30 |    25 ||    82
       Regeneration      |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |    11 |    21 |   159 ||   193
       Irradiate         |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |     4 |     8 |    43 ||    56
       Haste             |       |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |     9 |    60 ||    71
       Blink             |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |     1 ||     2
       Deflect Missiles  |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    32 ||    32
       Aura of Abjuratio |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    49 ||    49
       Silence           |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    16 ||    16
       Tornado           |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    42 ||    42
       Summon Butterflie |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     2 ||     2
       Freezing Cloud    |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     2 ||     2
Invok: Vestment of Thorn |       |       |     1 |       |       |       |       |       |       ||     1
       Regalia of Thorns |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |       |       |       ||     1
       Summon Vines      |       |       |       |       |     1 |     1 |       |     2 |     6 ||    10
       Briar Patch       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |     5 ||     6
 Abil: Spit Poison       |    12 |     6 |     2 |     5 |     4 |     4 |     8 |     2 |       ||    43
       End Transformatio |       |     1 |       |       |     2 |     4 |       |       |     1 ||     8
       Breathe Fire      |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |     5 |       ||     6
       Breathe Poison Ga |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    10 ||    10
Evoke: Wand              |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |    22 ||    23
       Phial of floods   |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     2 ||     2
  Use: Scroll            |       |     3 |     1 |    12 |    13 |    31 |     6 |     9 |    57 ||   132
       Potion            |       |       |       |       |     3 |     4 |     3 |     2 |    53 ||    65
 Stab: Sleeping          |     1 |       |     2 |     3 |    12 |    11 |    19 |     7 |    60 ||   115
       Distracted        |       |       |       |     1 |       |     1 |     2 |     2 |    36 ||    42
  Eat: Chunk             |     4 |     8 |     9 |    20 |     6 |    19 |    35 |    36 |    23 ||   160
       Beef jerky        |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |     2 |       |     3 ||     6
       Bread ration      |       |       |       |       |     1 |     4 |     3 |     3 |    40 ||    51
       Meat ration       |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |       |       |    15 ||    18
       Fruit             |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |     1 |     2 |     4 ||     9
       Pizza             |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |     3 ||     4
       Royal jelly       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       ||     1
Armor: Robe              |    25 |     9 |       |       |       |       |       |       |       ||    34
       Skin              |     3 |    40 |    71 |    89 |   365 |   480 |   379 |   443 |  2401 ||  4271
Dodge: Dodged            |    78 |   144 |   154 |   509 |   909 |   859 |   841 |   955 |  4784 ||  9233
       Deflected         |       |       |       |       |     3 |    69 |    35 |    27 |   216 ||   350
Block: Shield            |       |       |       |       |       |    67 |   858 |   546 |  2666 ||  4137
       Reflection        |       |       |       |       |       |    18 |    58 |    36 |    59 ||   171
       Large shield      |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |  2847 ||  2847

Hello guys, I tested some transmuters with Wuzdu. One of them survived. Here is what I found:

-You retain all powers while transformed. With my NaTm I had the hand and shoulder slot options and I had bonus AC, poison attacks, and kept spiny 3 in all forms (haven't tested lich form or bad forms though).
In hydra form, you can poison multiple enemies with the cleaving attack. Cannot confirm the boots and head options, but I see no reason why it should be different. Don't know how the poison interacts with spider form which is already venomous. I guess just nothing happens.

-Draconian has less AC bonus due to not having a body slot to begin with; unfortunately, this carries over to their transformations. Naga spider form AC with Wu at 0 piety is 8, Draconian only 5.

-The extra AC makes ice, hydra and dragon form quite a bit better.

-I really appreciated the simplicity of how you get to keep everything in all forms and don't have to double check what and what is not suprressed as is the case with actual mutations (and is a complete mess tbh).

-It fit the theme well. Nothing says natural selection like a spine-covered hydra or dragon running rampant through the dungeon's eco system. Cusp of evolution. Apex predator indeed.

For this message the author removeelyvilon has received thanks: 6
and into, MorganLeah, n1000, scorpionwarrior, Shard1697, WalkerBoh

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 4th October 2016, 21:41

Just won a three rune DrAs of Wudzu. The bonus AC, Spiny 3, clarity and retaliatory headbutt were nice, but it felt like that's all there was to the god. I tried using the snaplasher vines and they tore through popcorn enemies, but they just died extremely quickly as soon as they got in range of any non-trivial enemy before they had any chance to do significant damage. I felt like I was just wasting piety every time I used it, and I had a generous amount of invocations trained (15 levels). They fail when they matter the most. I did not try the briar patches.

This god seems to me like the "god of passive AC and damage reflection". And if you get unlucky and don't get access to both the head and cloak slots, you're stuck with one of the very underwhelming passives from either the boots or hands slot. No reason to take either of them over head / cloak. The benefits feel nice but you quickly forget that you're even worshiping a god at all with how poor the snaplashers seem to be.

For this message the author Laraso has received thanks:
MorganLeah

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 7th October 2016, 05:42

Playing a game with a TrTr of Wudzu and got a strange message.

A bullfrog comes into view.
_The bullfrog gives a loud, deep croak!
_There is a stone staircase leading up here.
You completely miss the bullfrog. You furiously retaliate! You headbutt you.
The bullfrog is struck by your spines.
The bullfrog hits you but does no damage.
The bullfrog is struck by your spines.
_The bullfrog hits you but does no damage.
You claw the bullfrog!
You kill the bullfrog!
_Wudzu accepts your kill.

My head thorns seem to have made me retaliate against myself?
I just got them but will keep an eye out to see if it happens again.
I had horns from Beastly Appendage at the time which may have interacted with it.

Edit: Shortly after that:
_You grow a pair of large bovine horns.
You closely miss the giant cockroach. You furiously retaliate!
_You headbutt you, but do no damage. The giant cockroach barely misses you.
happened again, I'll post again if I see it happen without the horns.

Edit 2: No BA used but it wasn't me this time.
Your ball python closely misses the hungry ghost.
You furiously retaliate! You headbutt your ball python.
You kill your ball python!

Edit 3: Had Talons from BA this time
You barely miss the orc. You furiously retaliate!
You headbutt you, but do no damage. Your kick misses the orc.

For this message the author PlatinumSpider has received thanks: 3
Lasty, MorganLeah, Shard1697

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 7th October 2016, 17:51

Do you ever damage yourself?
twelwe wrote:It's like Blink, but you end up drowning.

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 8th October 2016, 00:31

Yes there were some messages that just said "you headbutt you".

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 8th October 2016, 00:44

Thanks for the bug report. I believe I've fixed the issue.
  Code:
Prevent Wudzu from allowing you to headbutt yourself (PlatinumSpider)
https://github.com/crawl/crawl/commit/aa448fe24af8eedb0470285846876c3fd1a262bc

For this message the author Lasty has received thanks:
PlatinumSpider

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 8th October 2016, 06:01

tryna hide your parentheses gaffe i see

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
Lasty

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 8th October 2016, 13:30

My secret shame!!!!!

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 10th October 2016, 20:49

Tried it.
Have to agree that shoulders>head>the other two options. Needs balancing or just moving boots and gloves to the first sacrifice.
The passive AC combos greatly with transmutations and ozo's. 29/37 spiderform or 28/24 blade hands before entering the Lair branches? Sign me up.
The vines are powerful but inconvenient. Can't reach over water too — this was a huge disappointment.
Briar patch feels underwhelming. Might be better to swap with vines, making *that* the capstone. And allow walking through vines.
It does make covering your resistances harder though.

Overall for me it's a pretty powerful Tm god: you're giving up your slots anyway, why not get more mileage out of it. If not planning to use transmutations I'll probably pick something else.

For this message the author Xenobreeder has received thanks:
MorganLeah

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 17th October 2016, 03:46

Just played a reckless Demonspawn of Wudzu, hoping I'd get monstrous and end up with the equipment slots of a freaky mutated felid plus weapon and shield, or just some really crazy awesome synergy between DS mutations and wudzu's stuff.

Ended up with icy scales, talons and powered by death, got a randart elec. war axe and went to town tabbing. Took hat and cloak from wudzu.

Lair was crazy easy, but the lack of GDR was noticeable on big hits. Still, between PbD and popcorn dying to spiny and an amulet of regen, I would hardly ever have to retreat from anything.

D8-11ish was mostly the same, except no GDR was really starting to get problematic. Ended up grabbing a shield for some extra protection.

Ended up dying on Orc:2 to paralysis. Preventable certainly, but I wanted to push the god to the limit for melee.

Overall, I think I tend to agree with what others have said - would probably be nice on a caster, hybrid or other that wouldn't have much GDR anyway, or transmuter. Didn't get a chance to try out the invoc abilities.

Not giving up on this guy as a pure melee god yet though. Trying a spriggan fighter now, then gargoyle. I think they both have potential, certainly gargoyle because crazy stacking AC bonus and racial GDR.

Edit: Finally ran the gargoyle through. Gargoyles have always felt like easy-mode and this was slightly more so. Took hat and gloves from Wudzu and tabbed recklessly through V:5 with nothing but a flaming quarterstaff and some evocables, where I finally died after immolating and tanking through the welcome party and then getting surrounded on the bottom corridor.

All in all, it feels like the god needs more cohesion. The slots you give up and the granted powers fit thematically but don't really mesh tactically.

I wonder if it might be more appropriate to give up 3 slots, pick one at *, ***, and *****, and in return for each you get a passive and an invocable power, with the same vine/thorn theme. Right now it feels like you give up body armor for some AC, but to make up for lack of GDR you need to re-invest the points into fighting/dodging, leaving you with not much net gain or room to pump invoc.

For this message the author minstrel has received thanks:
MorganLeah

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 19th October 2016, 04:58

Lots of good feedback, thanks everyone :)

These are the changes I'm currently working on implementing:
-slot distribution no longer random, ** is gloves/boots, **** is hat/cloak
-cloak slot increases spiny to 2 instead of 3 (possibly too much of a nerf? not sure)
-vines and briars are switched for piety unlock, cost, etc.
-player can walk through the vine segments
-create new vine type (or maybe modify these snaplashers) that do less damage but aren't so fragile (the main intent of the vines was supposed to be more about their grabbing/dragging than their direct damage dealing)
-forms keep thorns, but AC bonuses get reduced (to felid etc. level) if it's a slot that the form melds

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 19th October 2016, 11:26

Would it be possible to put another level of spiny on gloves instead of poison melee or something? It'd be neat if you could still reach spiny 3 by taking 2 sacrifices that raise it.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 21st October 2016, 00:55

Fe/Op/Dr aside, what if you could train armor, and armor skill were used in place of invocations :idea:

Pandemonium Purger

Post Friday, 21st October 2016, 15:31

I would like to see a little bit of GDR for species that can normaly wear body armour (Like 15-20% in comparison leather gives 14%)
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 22nd October 2016, 20:13

WingedEspeon wrote:I would like to see a little bit of GDR for species that can normaly wear body armour (Like 15-20% in comparison leather gives 14%)

I'd like to see GDR in general. As it stands, the only races I could personally make function with this deity is Naga and Gargoyle. Naga's natural AC starts looking pretty hot with Wudzu, though, and Gargoyle is just busted as usual.
duvessa wrote:teleportitis is annoying but i dont think you could ever convince me it is dangerous, let alone crippling

duvessa wrote:DCSS Go: jump down the nearest manhole and fully explore the sewers before you go back out

Pandemonium Purger

Post Sunday, 23rd October 2016, 01:02

Elitist wrote:
WingedEspeon wrote:I would like to see a little bit of GDR for species that can normaly wear body armour (Like 15-20% in comparison leather gives 14%)

I'd like to see GDR in general. As it stands, the only races I could personally make function with this deity is Naga and Gargoyle. Naga's natural AC starts looking pretty hot with Wudzu, though, and Gargoyle is just busted as usual.

Dr should work well.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
Remove food

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 23rd October 2016, 03:11

WingedEspeon wrote:
Elitist wrote:

Dr should work well.

Should, right? They can't normally wear body armor, so I don't like them for Wudzu. I try to play races that get the full benefit.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Sunday, 23rd October 2016, 06:41

Elitist wrote:I'd like to see GDR in general. As it stands, the only races I could personally make function with this deity is Naga and Gargoyle. Naga's natural AC starts looking pretty hot with Wudzu, though, and Gargoyle is just busted as usual.

Dr should work well.[/quote]
Should, right? They can't normally wear body armor, so I don't like them for Wudzu. I try to play races that get the full benefit.[/quote]
Races that give up a slot get less benefit from Wudzu than Dr. Dr get to double dip on giving up body armour gaining way more AC than a normal race under Wudzu. If you don't like it because it feels cheap to you that is fine (I tried DrTm under Wudzu and got bore because the game was so easy) but it is misleading to phraze it as getting the full benefit.
Remove food

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 23rd October 2016, 16:43

WingedEspeon wrote:Races that give up a slot get less benefit from Wudzu than Dr. Dr get to double dip on giving up body armour gaining way more AC than a normal race under Wudzu. If you don't like it because it feels cheap to you that is fine (I tried DrTm under Wudzu and got bore because the game was so easy) but it is misleading to phraze it as getting the full benefit.

I feel like the difference in AC is substantial, but I see where you're coming from. I like Naga because they get the 14AC at champion, plus the 9 they naturally gain, though a Grey Draconian might be an interesting alternative.

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 29th October 2016, 08:23

Just tried running a DrTm of Wudzu -- died in Lair:1 to a hydra that kept dodging my Ice Form attacks (I picked hands and feet for my slot sacrifices). I had fun with this -- having all your bramble abilities along with transformations (even Bat Form -- forgot I'd switched Blade Hands to a different letter and miscast it hard) really buffs Transmutation fighters. I never got to that point, but I can see how having inherent venom attacks might be inferior to clarity in the long run.

I liked the idea somebody had of having each additional slot you give up increasing your Spiny level. It would take some reworking of the shoulder slot thing, though. Maybe some sort of adaptive resistance a la Qazlal (though I guess it would kinda step on Qazlal's toes...). Maybe it could give you an extra defense against ranged attacks (the brambles snare arrows or something).
You hear the distant roaring of an enraged eggplant.

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 29th October 2016, 19:58

I have been playing this god a bit the last few days with a gargoyle EE and a OpTr(currently level 23).

First off I found a bug having to do with headbutt retaliation. I found a rod of shadows and ill advisedly did some slime pit (I haven't died yet, but I almost was dead right before this bug happened) and I found that summons will trigger your headbutt off a miss on the summon.

Question: The headbutt, I assume, is pretty much the same as the Minotaur headbutt but how does it work if we have no horns? Does horns mutation make it do more damage? Note: the reason I am swinging at nothing is I am statue form and waiting take 1.5 so swining is better (which is silly).

Code:
The wall burns your meliai!
 Your meliai hits the slime creature with a war axe!
 Your meliai stings the slime creature!
 Your meliai calls upon its god to heal your meliai.
_Your meliai is healed somewhat.
 You swing at nothing. The wall burns your meliai!
 Your meliai hits the slime creature with a war axe!
 Your meliai stings the slime creature.
 The slime creature barely misses your meliai.
 You furiously retaliate! You headbutt the slime creature!
 The wall burns your meliai!
 Your meliai hits the slime creature with a hand axe.
 The slime creature dies!

considering I am 4 square away that is a pretty awesome headbutt, although maybe octopodes can stretch real far.

My observations:

-any rank of spiny is really strong in the early game, and while always useful doesn't really compare to late game weapon even with spiny 3. Is spiny 3 worth losing a cloak Ego? Its probably worth the normal ones. if you melee a lot it might be worth an artifact but I kind of doubt it late game. This is quite variable losing a cloak on invis for a stabber could suck bad, but losing a cloak of poison res for a FoFi spiny wins.

-clarity is great and with it being quite rare now is maybe the best slot. I can get ! headbutts in statue form with low str. All in all I think this is fine. You would need to find a pretty good artifact to beat this one.

-feet is not really that bad, I think I prefer it on octopodes since they really need defense and actually have very good offense. But for species that can wear boots its very inferior to a pair of boots of running or to decent artifact boots. Its just a bad trade. Not terrible really, but not great.

-hands are terrible. Complete trash really. Now before people say poison is ok early game, this is true. But poison weapons are common early game and the first transmutation has a poison brand. So its extremely commonly replaced. Really there is no reason to take hands and due to the way the choosing works no one ever will. All three options are purely better and you can always take something. I took head and feet on the octopode. I kind of wanted head and cloak which is probably most people's goal, but for octopode I was kind of sanguine about feet. Octo have pretty good offense really and nothing duplicate 5% miss rate and I was a melee character. Not only are they super redundant and evenutally one of the worst brands in general, but there exist rather good non-artifact ego like Archery that you would be giving up. Picking hands, for most setups is actually detrimental in the long run and barely useful in the short run.

-The vines are ok early, but I don't really see them being very good at invo 9 in the midgame they mostly just die or I can't get them to the right area. The briar patch, when I remember to use it, is actually much more powerful for setups that need extra options to flee. There were a couple cases where the game threw multiple uniques at me (kirke and a surprise asterion around a corner) and a case where I forgot I was on swamp 4 and went into the lerny's vault by mistake and briar patch was just enough of a delay to get away (and would be great for a more ranged char). Seems like some people think the vines are great but I don't really see it, maybe its a melee vs ranged thing.

AC Analysis
One of the biggest draws for me was the AC which seems to be wildly advantageous for some setups (which may not be particularly bad since some are rather bad starts). Personally I think transmuter is an awful start. If Book of Changes had confusing touch then fine it'd be realy nice, but BA is one of the worst if not the worst spell in the game. Sticks to Snakes is actually surprisingly good, but requires arrows and is therefore quite inferior to Summon Imp. Spider Form can be made to be usable but if you get unlucky to an ogre you die so you should use your 2nd level spell not your 3rd. Ice form is fine and can be milked but is not even close to a powerhouse, 8 AC is not even close to enough against a Komodo Dragon for lair. Transmuter itself requires gigantic skill investments with multiple split spells and you need ALOT of unarmed combat to make it decent. Your best bet is a lvl 4 spell with split schools (for an octopode) or blade hands at level 5 single (many others). Not only do you have UA taking a lot of experience, you need quite a lot of XP to get to anything halfway decent that can reasonably do anything in lair. All in all in Tr is a start that is very very inferior to many other starts. Is it the worst? No but its bad. Again if they had confusing touch just that change would make them a pretty good start. CT is not as safe as killing an ogre from range with 3 stone arrows, but combine CT with high EV spider form and its pretty well in line with EE or IE in the early game. CT is pretty powerful really it might be OP in a starting book.

Anyway I am saying that as context to say that as someone else mentinoed the AC really helps Tr alot it is a somewhat similar game changer to starting a Tr with confusing touch or Ozo armor (but better). My initial plan was to get to Wudzu as soon as possible and pump poison and transmute as fast as possible to make spider form usable (which again sucks because Tr skilling are out of whack). This takes a number of tries on an octopode since spider form is a level 3 split schools and need UA to do much, the XP burden is too large to really be all that useful by level 4. You may be getting it online when you reach temple but not if you dive to temple and its nowhere near as good/safe as stone arrow would be, however the idea is that a spider form at EV 25 and AC 12 would be pretty usable. And that spiny can initially supplement your lack of AC and EV early on. This mostly worked out. I also eventually got lucky and found Book of Frost for Ozo armor on lair 1 or 2. Level 1 and 2 are generally pretty fine for Op because they kill starter guys fast. After that things get dicey with no AC and only normal EV. Spiny helps out alot here, IMO its as good as heroism for the early levels.

- There is a pretty big difference between spider form at AC 2 and spider form at AC 12-13. It takes some time to get piety up enough to have the 12, but even ac 6 with EV 20 is pretty nice. And it works very well with poison brand (for example poison an invisible skybeast and walk away is radically safer). But like I said my poison brand had nothing to do with Wudzu. I eventually got spider form to AC 20 and EV 30 (higher now but I don;t use it anymore) with Ozo armor and I used it in lair 6 to kill elephants (I wanted high EV for less trample).

- Even with Wudzu's AC I wound up very quickly moving to Ice Form instead of spider form, so my spider form-centric beginning plan was only partially useful. I still did what most people do as a Tr. The piety took too long to get to max AC for spider and I need SOOOO much xp in other areas that training dodge to get really good EV was just not gonna happen before I got ice form online and the high AC of ice form combined to with the significant damage increase just usually works better.

-Eventually by Lair 6 had Ice Form with Ozo armor at 26-29 AC (depending on whether I use my staff of ice) with 15 EV. This is sufficient to take on one death yak safely and two decently but since you have no GDR if you get unlucky on your rolls two death yaks can take you far down very fast and is unacceptably dangerous although winnable.

- Once I killed roxanne in the swamp and found statue form the other two forms are pretty much useless. Although I can't use Ozo armor with ice form statue still puts me at 37 AC with the 11AC from wudzu, this is actually only about 7 better than IF + OA but the 39% GDR makes a huge difference. But without wudzu I would have be about 26 AC, which is still nice but is considerably less strong.

-On this octopode I have found only one ring of protection which is +1 so I didn't buy it. This is pretty standard, finding a decent ring of prot is rare enough to never depend on even into mid or possibly late game. I have now found a good amount of EV rings, but that was solidly mid-game.

So for each form the +11AC, eventually, wound up, giving me the ability to take on something "one tier" higher. By that I mean a death yak would have been very dangerous without Wudzu but a komodo dragon would be ok. Without Ozo armor, things would have been rather bad probably. Even so, with both sources of extra armor clearing the standard cataboles + death yak vault required the rather tedious pull them one by one to the stairs strategy. The early and mid-game of an OpTr is by no means easy even with Wudzu and Ozo armor, its good but not amazing. OpTr itself is a very bad start IMO. Op itself is hard or at least delicate. OpCj is a much easier start than Tr. Wudzu makes the start MUCH better as a Tr, but not OP.

Frankly if I was really trying for extended with the OpTr now that i have statute form I would probably start Wudzu and then abandon him for Okawaru once i found statue or dragon form and since AC rings. I am not entirely sure on that one though. The AC still helps those alot but on those, but you can get statue to 30AC and it can use shields +10 AC from rings is probably enough. Now that haste is gone Finesse is incredibly strong. I mean incredibly. Dragon form at 0.25 attack speed? No way Spiny 3 competes with that.

So for STARTING an OpTr Wudzu is a top tier choice IMO, although Okawaru is actually top tier for starting as well but Wudzu feels a bit smoother to me. Starting Tr with Oka sometimes it just feel like you are running the razor's edge kill or be killed. However other species for example a draconian Tr Wudzu is perhaps just as good even later. An AC 30 dragon (16 dragon + 14 Dr) + the 13 AC for 43 AC at 34% GDR with spiny 3 is quite good for melee and they would need their two rings for resistances.

For the most part though the AC itself really does well when combined with something that gives GDR either being a gargoyle or using forms. When it doesn't it can be very marginal.

Problems I See
-I am not sure about the AC as its wildly varying, it can help alot or not much. It takes away GDR entirely making it considerably less useful than it numbers indicate, but when combined with somethign gives GDR its quite useful. I would say its too varying, the only solution I can see to this is to have Wudzu give a minimum GDR like say 14% or 24%, and if you get GDR some other way then you just get that same GDR (i.e. a Gr is still 31%). GDR, of course, is not the be all end all. But without it staying in melee is much more sporadic and you need to have rather good options for running. Since a large number of the abilities are melee based (spiny and headbutt are purely melee) this is important.

-Commensurate with the AC issue is the slots themselves. Each slot gives enough AC to just barely make up for the AC lost for a normal enchanted item. So you get 3 AC for losing hands and +2 gloves give 3 AC that is a push. But gloves also can have an ego and you will VERY likely find some kind of ego gloves eventually. Similarly the body slot can give up to 14 AC but you can definitely get even a low EV penalty armor with better or same AC, for purpsoes of comparison +7 swamp dragon armor is ac 14 and branded with rPois and adds GDR 31% with only -7 EV. One of the big problems I see here is that none of these will ever have even a chance of replacing a decent artifact. The AC itself is actually fairly inferior when you are not running a build that would use these slots anyway (Tr background or species like Te or Op). This might be OK for a 3 rune run but even then you will probably simply wind up penalized for one of the slots you picked. Its probably nice for a caster to get 14 AC for no EV penalty early on when all they have is robes or leather armor, but beyond that it starts to get to be a worse and worse trade until its actually detremental. Keep in mind that its more than just AC spiny 1 is almost certainly not worth losing the Archmagi ego for a caster. Are you likely to find the Archmagi ego? Not really but you can fairly easily get armor that is close to or just as good as the 14AC and not run the risk of never using that ego. +5 steam dragon armor has no EV and had 24% GDR and is only 4 AC less. In the end I think this slot scheme is too hard to balance out for the god.

Suggestion
1) give a modest amount of base GDR to prevent things from wildly slanting to things that have GDR.
2) change the slots in the following ways:

i) This is the more radical but possibly more important suggestion, however this may or may not be prohibitively hard to implement. Rather than inactivating the slot I would suggest when a slot is chosen the piece of equipment there is completely inactivated and the effects that you get are directly related to the item. This could be something as simple as doing it based on enchantment level and presences of brand and giving something special for an artifact. For example cloak slot only gives spiny 3 at +2 cloak other wise it gives spiny 2 (even with no cloak). It gives rPois if the cloak is branded (any brand). It gives complete poison immunity if it was an artifact. That is not meant to even vaguely resemble something that works well. Its just an example. This of course could be made much more complex because artifacts have have all sorts of things like stat bonuses. Or not so complex but more fancy. For example you could simply take the total amount of strength given by chosen slots (and only the two chosen slots) and apply some sort of bonus based on that, like adding Horns mutation ranks based on Str (probably not a good idea but w/e). Anyway the main point here I think its actually flat out impossible for you to balance the slots because of the way equipment and especially finding equipment works. So I think you should convert found equipment into your theme rather than simply banning the slot. And for species that cannot use the slot you can work off of what you currently have as the sort of default unused slot thing. Having this work off piety is either going to be too weak later or too strong early. But even worse its actually going to fuck up some people's lucky finds as well. If I find some +10 boots with rElec and -cast on a melee type on D4 (which I did a few weeks ago) then sure its fine to unlock the super excellent boot slot power. Now coming up with a scheme that makes the tradeoff worthwhile or at least interesting is tricky. But 3AC and 5% melee miss is not even close to 10AC and rElec. Now if you turned those into the 3ac/5% + boots of running(as the artifact unlock) I dunno which I would take, but its at least interesting as a choice.
As a software developer myself I know this sounds like it might be a lot of work and doing something really fancy certainly could be. But doing something tiered on a few equipment tags would be fairly simple. Of course its more complex than just banning a slot in exchange for one ego/mutation since you would probably have , I dunno, in its simplest forms 3 effects per slot. But at the same I actually think its WAY easier to balance it out into something that feels good as the game is played because its power is directly tied to something that already is a major power determinant. So if you line up the ego/mutation to existing effects in a way that is reasonable the rest takes care of itself, in the end its much less fiddly.

ii) The choice is changeable (either with a long time limit, piety limit (renews as you get piety like a god gift) or no limit at all). Lore wise these are plants not rocks so they can grow wherever they need to. It actually makes more sense. You activate an ability and choose two slots. This is key for the interaction with the first suggestion as your equipment changes you need to be able to alter the slot. You find an amazing glove artifact you have the choice or not only losing, say, the Wudzu head effects but also losing the artifact gloves effects for whatever the top end Wudzu gloves effects are. This is necessary to make the first suggestion work but also is, in general, a much more agonizing and therefore interesting choice. The limit would probably mostly be if you do not want to people swap effects in and out for different situations the way people use rings. I am agnostic on that versatility vs interesting choices both have their draws for me, I sorta lean toward the god gift style. Either way, but you need to allow people to change choices as equipment is too random and too important.

Edit: I wanted to add that going by current species and mutation design, that slot loss is not realistically accounted for or somethings are just radically punished for reason I don't grasp. Case in point is Monsterous Demonspawn. They lose alot of slots because of all the body slot mutations. Gaining the auxiliary attacks in exchange for the loss of the those slots is horribly disadvantageous. Perhaps this is an intentional challenge or just something to make thing interesting. But really think about it for a second Rank 3 horns is WORSE than rank 2 horns, you do almost as much damage and can get 3 more AC and an ok ego like +MR or SINVS. The Auxilary Attacks themselves are quite poor in the later game without significant slaying. The notable exception is Antennae (as long as you don't go ashenzari) the ESP effect in incredibly strong and duplicated by no ego. Losing a pair of artifact boots for talons is awful, these mutations are not "good" at rank 3. And basically all players of Demonspawn mostly acknowledge that monsterous Ds are objectively considerably worse that the other 90% of Ds. So if this god is following that logic/weighting of things like monsterous demonspawn or the auxilliary attack mutations then its goign to have problems. I am not sure if that is the case I just wanted to say that this follows some similar trends but many things in the game that go down this path don't weight the loss of a slot appropriately at all, IMO. Some species do it ok some don't, Naga isn't too bad really, Centaur Speed 2 makes it hard to really say but its not bad with barding. Tengu though I think is hit way to hard with talons and beak.

Return to Game Design Discussion