The RNG laughs, booming and loud.

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 23rd September 2016, 23:33

The RNG laughs, booming and loud.

I just found an Unrand today, the +27 Lear's Halburk. Awesome, right?

Sure, if I wasn't playing a Draconian at the time.

How's the RNG treating y'all?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 24th September 2016, 01:34

Re: The RNG laughs, booming and loud.

I found glaive of prune in my current game. I sacrificed a hand before that.
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 24th September 2016, 01:51

Many versions back I was on D:10 or something and got lethally poisoned by a wasp playing fast and loose. In my inventory I had several one-stacks of unhelpful potions, several unidentified one-stacks of potions, and a stack of six unidentified potions which I didn't bother identifying since it's obviously curing right? No problem. I confidently sip a potion from the large stack. You feel stronger. It turns out I had found six potions of gain strength before D:10 and I was only several turns away from dying to poison. In a panic, I started chugging some of the unidentified one-stacks. Degeneration. Mutation. Haste.

I bite the dust and in the post-screen see that neither heal wounds nor curing had yet generated in my game. The lesson to be learned here is don't take roids
take it easy

For this message the author Cheibrodos has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, Brannock

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 24th September 2016, 02:05

Cheibrodos wrote:Many versions back I was on D:10 or something and got lethally poisoned by a wasp playing fast and loose. In my inventory I had several one-stacks of unhelpful potions, several unidentified one-stacks of potions, and a stack of six unidentified potions which I didn't bother identifying since it's obviously curing right? No problem. I confidently sip a potion from the large stack. You feel stronger. It turns out I had found six potions of gain strength before D:10 and I was only several turns away from dying to poison. In a panic, I started chugging some of the unidentified one-stacks. Degeneration. Mutation. Haste.

I bite the dust and in the post-screen see that neither heal wounds nor curing had yet generated in my game. The lesson to be learned here is don't take roids

I killed a DsFE on the bus today who got to his second rune never having seen a scroll of enchant armour.
take it easy

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 24th September 2016, 05:38

I found my first potion of resistance in Zot:2 after clearing Dungeon, Lair, all 3 Lair branches, Depths, Vaults, Crypt, Elf and Tomb.

For this message the author CanOfWorms has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Saturday, 24th September 2016, 11:10

Don't know how rare this is, but in 0.18, I played through a 15 rune game as GrEE without seeing a single scroll of acquirement.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 24th September 2016, 11:42

sic him boys!

For this message the author Shard1697 has received thanks:
Cimanyd

Crypt Cleanser

Post Saturday, 24th September 2016, 16:22

Once I found a PDA on D:1. I was an octopode, obviously.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 25th September 2016, 17:34

Just had a demonspawn wanderer start where I had a book with flame tongue+conjure flame, a book with summon small mammal+canine familiar, and a book of minor magic-and 6.0 spellcasting to start. I have never been such a wizardly jack of all trades at the start of a game before, but I was way into it.

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 1st October 2016, 18:17

I started a GrFi intending to try to do extended for the first time. I found a faded altar, prayed at it, and it was TSO! Fits the plan.

The first stairs I took down to D:3 had a player ghost more powerful than me, so I went back up and went to different stairs. This is relevant because as someone in IRC pointed out:

learndb wrote:stairs[1/9]: Taking the stairs has two parts. The 'leaving' is implemented as a 'delay' - you take a 5 melee EV penalty during it and it can be interrupted. It lasts 1.0 turns. The 'entering' lasts 0.66 turns (if you've never been here before) or 1.33 turns (if you have) and is simply waited out on the other side. Haste/slow will change these durations.

There were two orc priests in view of the stairs.

As I went down, one of them smited me.

As I went up, one of them smited me.

I had 28 health.
remove Siegurt's signature

For this message the author Cimanyd has received thanks: 2
qwesdf, VeryAngryFelid

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner