rip pakellas

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 23rd August 2016, 18:24

Re: rip pakellas

tabstorm wrote:1. Make wands stack. I can't think of a good argument against this and it always annoys me when I have to go into my autopickup to fiddle with junk wands so that I don't get stopped every time there is a wand of flame on the ground.
2. Make Pakellas passively recharge all wands, and increase the speed of rod recharging
There, Pakellas is now much less fiddly.

Yes please. No more magic potion fiddly gifts.... and also Pak can speed the recharge of the other evocable items... bag of spiders, box of beasts, lamp of fire, etc.... and we start seeing not only cohesive god mechanic but perhaps evocables can be made more uniform in the process.

A great start. See. Pak Part Deux. Son of Pak.

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 26th August 2016, 01:27

Should Pak's recharges be applied to each wand regardless of other wands in inventory? On the one hand, we have tedious and annoying inventory management. On the other, we have power increasing as you get more wands (okay) and the inability to funnel charges to particular wands. Perhaps an ability to "funnel" magic to a particular wand, more effective funneling with piety, similar to skill focus? In fact, a direct copy of the skill screen wouldn't be that bad.
twelwe wrote:It's like Blink, but you end up drowning.

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 26th August 2016, 04:43

jwoodward48ss wrote:Should Pak's recharges be applied to each wand regardless of other wands in inventory? On the one hand, we have tedious and annoying inventory management. On the other, we have power increasing as you get more wands (okay) and the inability to funnel charges to particular wands. Perhaps an ability to "funnel" magic to a particular wand, more effective funneling with piety, similar to skill focus? In fact, a direct copy of the skill screen wouldn't be that bad.

If wands stack he can just gift random wands instead of charging specific ones. It's the same basic effect of getting an extra X charges, but it doesn't depend at all on player inventory.

For this message the author genericpseudonym has received thanks:
Sar

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 26th August 2016, 13:48

genericpseudonym wrote:
jwoodward48ss wrote:Should Pak's recharges be applied to each wand regardless of other wands in inventory? On the one hand, we have tedious and annoying inventory management. On the other, we have power increasing as you get more wands (okay) and the inability to funnel charges to particular wands. Perhaps an ability to "funnel" magic to a particular wand, more effective funneling with piety, similar to skill focus? In fact, a direct copy of the skill screen wouldn't be that bad.

If wands stack he can just gift random wands instead of charging specific ones. It's the same basic effect of getting an extra X charges, but it doesn't depend at all on player inventory.

I like a single wand that passively recharges rather than more wands / inventory item spam. Passive charge also means you could control the cadence of healing and digging and haste and the more powerful, potentially breaking effects.

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 26th August 2016, 17:13

I kind of feel like only having the options of "random recharge" and "only ever recharge this wand" would lead to tedium. Imagine if the skill screen only had two options: automatic training and "one at a time" training. The latter is far more optimal, but incredibly annoying to use. A better choice would be the current manual skill screen, which allows turning on, turning off, and focusing on particular skills.
twelwe wrote:It's like Blink, but you end up drowning.

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 1st September 2016, 11:22

I've only played one character with Pakellas, a kobold assassin. It was a bit of an easy cruise with lots of ignition, and shadows summoning going on. I didn't quite get evocations up high enough for paralysis to be uber, in lair branches, but some of that too... In the end, I think I maybe didn't have enough other skills to be well rounded (as well as could have used still higher evocations).

I tend to agree the god was probably OP (at least for some parts of the game), but I'd like to see it tweaked rather than just removed. I like the idea of more charge consumption for more power, and possibly the chance of critical failures (or item breakage/sacrifices?) doing something very interesting.

This one makes the game feel rather heroic for some species that didn't have the best obvious combat abilities for later game. Some people might see that as a problem, but I see it more as flexibility and a boost to the atmosphere. It's not like there's a massive shortage of really challenging encounters to burn powers up on, or maybe I'm just slow. Granted if the powers almost never burn up, you have a balance issue so address that.

Just my two cents. 8-)
Online game stats & morgues
More runes! GnWn (11, 0.21), GhMo^Makh (15, 0.17)
And a Yiuf: (1.4.6, 0.20): ImpGl^Oka (3)

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 1st September 2016, 11:52

Pak wasn't removed because he was OP.

For this message the author Sar has received thanks:
duvessa
Previous

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner