this is what the refrance

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Sunday, 31st July 2016, 04:26

this is what the refrance

the patch notes need more wikipedia links in them to explain jokes, names, ideas that many people and perhaps even me do no understand without guidance. it out to be like the june 27th patch notes with the white dragon. i thought it was a game to thrones thing, but nope, japanese...
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

For this message the author twelwe has received thanks: 10
and into, Arrhythmia, BabyRage, dynast, Hellmonk, mopl, PleasingFungus, triorph, xentronium, ydeve

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 31st July 2016, 20:37

Re: this is what the refrance

twelwe wrote:the patch notes need more wikipedia links in them to explain jokes, names, ideas that many people and perhaps even me do no understand without guidance. it out to be like the june 27th patch notes with the white dragon. i thought it was a game to thrones thing, but nope, japanese...

Um, it's Chinese, not Japanese...

Pandemonium Purger

Post Sunday, 31st July 2016, 21:59

ydeve wrote:
twelwe wrote:the patch notes need more wikipedia links in them to explain jokes, names, ideas that many people and perhaps even me do no understand without guidance. it out to be like the june 27th patch notes with the white dragon. i thought it was a game to thrones thing, but nope, japanese...

whatever you say pal, it might of been visited by vandal japanese nationalists when i read it. who can say, probably not you. i still feel good about what i said, i like being part of wikipedia process :twisted:
seattle washington. friends for life. mods hate on me and devs ignore my posts. creater of exoelfs and dc:pt

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 31st July 2016, 22:34

The cockblock sage (he has a name I'm sure but I have no idea what it is) was by far the best character in that story and should've been made into a crawl unique instead. This dude was so horrified by the prospect of human on snake action that he literally came back from the grave to prevent it.

His crawl version will have a chance to show up and go "no, you can't, this is forbidden love" every time you charm/summon a monster of a different species.

For this message the author Croases has received thanks:
BabyRage

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Sunday, 31st July 2016, 22:38

Croases wrote:human on snake action

That's one way to describe my fetish.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 1st August 2016, 03:05

twelwe wrote:
ydeve wrote:

whatever you say pal, it might of been visited by vandal japanese nationalists when i read it. who can say, probably not you. i still feel good about what i said, i like being part of wikipedia process :twisted:

From Wikipedia:
The Legend of the White Snake, also known as Madame White Snake, is a Chinese legend which existed in oral tradition long before any written compilation. It has since been presented in a number of major Chinese operas, films and television series.

The earliest attempt to fictionalise the story in printed form appears to be The White Maiden Locked for Eternity in the Leifeng Pagoda (白娘子永鎭雷峰塔) in Feng Menglong's Stories to Caution the World (Chinese: 警世通言), which was written during the Ming dynasty.

The story is now counted as one of China's Four Great Folktales, the others being Lady Meng Jiang, Liang Shanbo and Zhu Yingtai, and The Cowherd and the Weaving Maid (Niulang Zhinü). [1]

Besides which, Bai SuZhen (白素贞) is very clearly a Chinese, not Japanese, name.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 1st August 2016, 07:56

I suggest you checking twelwe's posting history.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 1st August 2016, 08:07

The Legend of the White Snake, also known as Madame White Snake, is a Chinese legend which existed in oral tradition long before any written compilation.

Annnnnd this is why Wikipedia isn't very reliable right now. I mean, it's not that it's impossible for oral tradition to be much older than the written one, it's just that "long before" isn't a concept which is meaningful in an encyclopaedia (1 month? 1 year? 10 centuries?), no reason is listed for this belief, no year is given for the first occurrence in written form (giving instead printed form, which is not the same) and no source is given.

If any of you ever has to write a paper, please do a better job than this ;)

Also, on second thought, I think I read that story as a kid.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 1st August 2016, 08:48

Sar wrote:I suggest you checking twelwe's posting history.

Imo suggestions like this should be given with extreme care and at least with a warning...
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

For this message the author Sprucery has received thanks: 2
Sar, ydeve

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Monday, 1st August 2016, 09:02

I don't think it's necessary. Both of his posts contain more than enough twelweisms that it is easy the figure out what is going on. Holy fuck, the title alone should be enough.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 1st August 2016, 09:10

Well, it's not necessarily necessary, but it's pretty amusing.

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 1st August 2016, 15:27

i'm glad that someone appreciates my work.

For this message the author PleasingFungus has received thanks:
Arrhythmia

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 1st August 2016, 21:18

Yeah, well, enjoy twelwe's appreciation while it lasts. Only a matter of time before he claims to be dating a dev who stole all his patch notes ideas.

For this message the author gammafunk has received thanks:
ydeve

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 1st August 2016, 21:42

They added the blue eyes white dragon into the game?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 1st August 2016, 21:42

My only question is why would you want to France something again?
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Barkeep

Post Monday, 1st August 2016, 22:24

Siegurt wrote:My only question is why would you want to France something again?

Regions in present-day Belgium were unfranced and refranced a few times before independence.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 2nd August 2016, 00:30

and into wrote:
Siegurt wrote:My only question is why would you want to France something again?

Regions in present-day Belgium were unfranced and refranced a few times before independence.

Clearly they didn't want to be Franced in the first place.
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 2nd August 2016, 01:46

are th chinese known to rewrite history on wikipedia? honest q......

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 2nd August 2016, 04:21

no...

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 2nd August 2016, 07:40

Magipi wrote:

I don't think it's necessary. Both of his posts contain more than enough twelweisms that it is easy the figure out what is going on. Holy fuck, the title alone should be enough.

to be honest from the title and the "japanese dragon" thing I assumed he was a foreign-language poster reading some crappy foreign-language article on wikipedia

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 2nd August 2016, 07:59

twelwe wrote:are th chinese known to rewrite history on wikipedia? honest q......

Only on movie posters...
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner