challenge mode: Hypno stairs

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 26th July 2016, 22:33

challenge mode: Hypno stairs

The idea is simple. Anytime you seen down stairs, you are mesmerized by them similar to the siren effect. Stops once you reach the end of the current branch.
Hard mode: escape hatches (both kinds) and shafts also mesmerize
Ultra mode: Usable branch entrances mesmerize, hope you like doing a 15 rune run.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 27th July 2016, 01:00

Re: challenge mode: Hypno stairs

Sounds a lot like ironrobin.

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 27th July 2016, 15:31

I think the conduct needs to be refined:

If I go down a staircase and there is no new down-stairs in view, can I retreat?
Once I reach the end of a branch, can I immediately retreat along the same path back to the top floor and start clearing the branch normally?
Do the second and third down-stairs on a level also mesmerize? What if the level below (or at least the corresponding up-stairs) has already been explored/revealed?
If two down-stairs are in LOS, is mesmerization on the second one broken as soon as you descend using the first? (i.e. the next time I enter the level, do I have to immediately move to that second staircase?)
In hard/ultra mode, if two mesmerizing features are equidistant which should I take first?
Is stairdancing allowed as long as I don't leave the stair tile on the upper floor? (i.e. I'm fighting "on" the stairs, pulling enemies up and down the staircase without stepping off it on the upper end)
Wins (Does not include my GrEE^Veh 15-runer...stupid experimental branch)

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 27th July 2016, 19:08

tedric wrote:I think the conduct needs to be refined:

If I go down a staircase and there is no new down-stairs in view, can I retreat?
Once I reach the end of a branch, can I immediately retreat along the same path back to the top floor and start clearing the branch normally?
Do the second and third down-stairs on a level also mesmerize? What if the level below (or at least the corresponding up-stairs) has already been explored/revealed?
If two down-stairs are in LOS, is mesmerization on the second one broken as soon as you descend using the first? (i.e. the next time I enter the level, do I have to immediately move to that second staircase?)
In hard/ultra mode, if two mesmerizing features are equidistant which should I take first?
Is stairdancing allowed as long as I don't leave the stair tile on the upper floor? (i.e. I'm fighting "on" the stairs, pulling enemies up and down the staircase without stepping off it on the upper end)

In order. 1) yes but the downstairs you are standing on would still have a hold on you, so you can use the upstairs tactic to heal and split enemy groups, but you can't go exploring. 2) No, lets be a bit more challenging and say you have to find the other two upstairs or a rune before the downstairs are no longer enticing. 3) All downstairs mesmerize until branch clear. 4) Player choice. 5) see 1.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner