Revamp poisson magic

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 5th July 2016, 04:16

Revamp poisson magic

Since poison magic doesn't have enough high level and irresistible damage doing spells, i suggest that following revamp is done:
- Rename poison magic as poisson magic, and re-flavour it as magic of fish, with a slight side flavour of baguettes, wine, harmonicas and unreliable vehicles. Also, all spell damage rolls would follow Poisson distribution.
- Add 9th level spell Fishnado: Like Tornado, but in addition to raging winds there are rotten fish flying in the winds, doing extra poison and physical damage. When Fishnado is over, there are some lingering mephitic clouds. Additionally, raging harmonica sounds prevent vocal spellcasting while Fishnado is active.
- Add another 9th level spell Fish Storm: Like fire storm, but instead of fire damage it does 50% poison and 50% physical damage. Creates mephitic/poison clouds and jumping fish instead of fire vortices. Small chance of generating goblins driving around with Simcas. The goblins have small chance of dropping potions of wine (Combined potion of ambrosia and might), and baguettes (just a small bread ration, that turns to stone if not eaten within 1000 turns)

As you see, there was some difficulties implementing all the flavours in just two spells, so possibly the flavors should distributed among the lower level spells (like Poison arrow -> Moldy baguette), to avoid Fish Storm having too many things going about it .

Alternatively, re-flavour Poison magic as Boison magic, dealing mostly with hot and cold drinks.
I haven't figured out yet what sort of level 9 spells should be like in that case.

For this message the author hannobal has received thanks: 13
all before, archaeo, Arrhythmia, chequers, duvessa, genericpseudonym, nago, PleasingFungus, Sar, Wahaha and 3 more users

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 5th July 2016, 06:39

Re: Revamp poisson magic

I came here expecting the implementation of the statistics skill.

For this message the author 4Hooves2Appendages has received thanks: 4
crate, MainiacJoe, PleasingFungus, xentronium

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 5th July 2016, 07:01

I protest any poisson spell school that does not contain the sharknado spell.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 5th July 2016, 15:29

hannobal wrote:Since poison magic doesn't have enough high level and irresistible damage doing spells

Oh boy, here we go again.
You shall never see my color again.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 5th July 2016, 16:11

Siegurt wrote:I protest any poisson spell school that does not contain the sharknado spell.

Summon Ian Ziering!

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 5th July 2016, 17:48

hannobal wrote:- Add 9th level spell Fishnado: Like Tornado, but in addition to raging winds there are rotten fish flying in the winds, doing extra poison and physical damage. When Fishnado is over, there are some lingering mephitic clouds. Additionally, raging harmonica sounds prevent vocal spellcasting while Fishnado is active.

In the median XL mod for diablo 2 was a spell "Lorenado" which created a tornado of books around you...that would be a good 5* sif ability.
Comborobin Admin

For this message the author xentronium has received thanks: 2
Arrhythmia, ZoFy

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 5th July 2016, 20:17

xentronium wrote:In the median XL mod for diablo 2 was a spell "Lorenado" which created a tornado of books around you...that would be a good 5* sif ability.

It should scale with the amount of books carried in your inventory. When you use the ability they fly around and hit things. At the end of the ability they fall on random tiles in the area.

For this message the author Wahaha has received thanks:
Sar

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner